Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
Somebody name me a couple of really, really, really slow doom albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Cometa Rossa posted:

Cough - Ritual Abuse
Catacombs - In The Depths of R'lyeh

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

Cometa Rossa posted:

Moss - Protected by the Ejaculation of Wolves
Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
Atavist - s/t
Ocean Chief - Tor
Bong - s/t

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Cometa Rossa posted:

Warhorse - As Heaven Turns to Ash

Might not be slow enough for you, but crushes nonetheless.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Slow rear end doom:

Winter-Into Darkness
Candlemass-Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 28, 2011

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

Cometa Rossa posted:

Mournful Congregation - The Book of Kings

also The Monad of Creation by the same guys.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Globochem posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned here yet, Radio Moscow and Graveyard are touring the US together. I haven't seen Graveyard live so it'll be awesome to see two of my favorites on the same bill.

I'm seeing RM for the second time in chicago in January, and seeing Kyuss Lives on Thursday. Really pumped!

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Cometa Rossa posted:

Monarch! - Dead Men Tell No Tales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVr43mWUxzc

Black Boned Angel - Supereclipse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJP1aKgD8E

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Besides ebay and craigslist, do you musicians have any websites you frequently surf to find vintage amps/gear? I'm talking about the usual suspects like old Peaveys, Sound City, Sunn, and maybe some Ampeg.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
Try joining some musicians' forums like The Gear Page or Harmony Central - they usually have buy/sell subforums.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Know I've mentioned them before but The Christpunchers stuff is amazing, fans of Bongripper will lap it up. Check them out.

\/\/
They've a new EP out next year! :hfive:

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 2, 2011

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

I'm starting to go through Om's discography, what an enchanting and relaxing band. Never in my life have I wanted two giant Green cabs more than I do right now.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

You guys really need to see The Sword and Kyuss Lives if they roll through your area.

Good lord.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Eh, I've always been sceptical about the Garcia Plays Kyuss and Kyuss Lives! stuff but ever since I saw those 'deluxe premium' whatever package deals on Kyuss Lives!' site they can go gently caress themselves. Also witnessing that fat gently caress Garcia needing help to get back onto the stage at Roadburn 2010 didn't help. Sure was hilarious though.

So I've just discovered Solace. Daaaamn.

Globochem
Jul 19, 2003
We own everything so you don't have to.

nosophoros posted:

Eh, I've always been sceptical about the Garcia Plays Kyuss and Kyuss Lives! stuff but ever since I saw those 'deluxe premium' whatever package deals on Kyuss Lives!' site they can go gently caress themselves. Also witnessing that fat gently caress Garcia needing help to get back onto the stage at Roadburn 2010 didn't help. Sure was hilarious though.

So I've just discovered Solace. Daaaamn.

I was pretty disappointed with the prices of their merch since I thought it felt like a cash in, but they really brought it with the performance and that's what matters. Even if all this is just a means to make a few more bucks, I got to see a lot of my favorite songs and we might get another great album out of it, so whatever. I'd gladly give up my $20 again to go see Brant Bjork bang on the drums to "Whitewater".

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So this is coming in February:

Probably gonna own.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Know I've mentioned them before but The Christpunchers stuff is amazing, fans of Bongripper will lap it up. Check them out.
Just on the second track but that's a very good first impression

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 2, 2011

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I liked the first one, so I'll probably like this one too. Anyone know offhand who the artist is that does the album art? It really is fantastic.

edit: vvvv Grails is my go-to band for location scouting/processing. Earth's Hex was my soundtrack for when I read Blood Meridian :clint:

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 2, 2011

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Part 1 was fantastic - I put it on all the time while I'm developing film in my darkroom.
(mentioning that for aliencowboy, fellow Dork Room Goon)

I didn't know Part 2 was coming out already!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

So this is coming in February:

gently caress yes, been waiting ages for this.

aliencowboy posted:

Anyone know offhand who the artist is that does the album art? It really is fantastic.

Stacey Rozich!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Cometa Rossa posted:

I was just recently introduced to Omit. Warning : contains melodic singing.

And holy poo poo did Clutch kick rear end on wednesday. I may be biased, but it was definitely the best gig for me this year. Only Motörhead remaines as a challenger, we'll see how they compare in a few weeks. :rock:

The audience absolutely loved them to pieces and it didn't go unnoticed. Neil even seemed a bit overwhelmed. :3: He could only keep repeating "thank you" and "that's what I'm talking about". :buddy:

First time I heard Kamchatka too, they were pretty good. Neil invited their guitar player on stage for a short jam session and he looked like it was the best time of his life.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
I love Kamchatka, Thomas is one of my absolute favourite guitar players and he's a really nice guy too. I think their new album is the weakest of the four, unfortunately, but it's still got some stellar tracks.

Really looking forward to the new Earth, I completely forgot that the last one was a Part 1.

bandolier
Nov 14, 2011

The last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul.

llibja posted:

You guys really need to see The Sword and Kyuss Lives if they roll through your area.

Good lord.

Seconded. Best show I've been to this year. The musicianship was impeccable. It was 4 solid hours of headbanging and getting down. I should start going to more metal shows just because the crowds are actually enthusiastic and this one totally felt like a communal experience, everyone hearing these songs for the first time in decades.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Since we're recommending bands, can someone recommend a traditional doom band like Saturnus? Especially w/ similar riffs/drum play.

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
http://www.thedesertfest.com/london/line-up/

Check this out. Who needs Roadburn?

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
So if you're a fan of white hills and in the philly area they are playing tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/events/268103439886364/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Ufomammut album, Oro, now in two parts, Opus Primum in April and Opus Alter in September.
Sources [1] [2]

:worship:

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

More Ufomammut is always a good thing.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

EkoEkoAzarak posted:

So if you're a fan of white hills and in the philly area they are playing tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/events/268103439886364/

Pontiak always puts on a good show as well.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
So Black Pyramid are apparently back together again, without Andy Beresky? :confused:

Some details about their upcoming album:

quote:

The tracklisting:

'Endless Agony'
'Mercy's Bane'
'Night Queen'
'Dreams Of The Dead'
'Tanelorn'
'Sons Of Chaos'
'Empty Handed Insurrection'
'The Hidden Kingdom'
'Into The Dawn'

"The first album represented a book of nine different stories from our own private mythology... the Black Pyramid mythology," Neely explained. "This second album, II, represents another nine stories from the same book but these are significantly darker tales."

Additionally, Black Pyramid has announced the addition of vocalist / guitarist Darryl Shepard to its ranks. Shepard, known for his instantly memorable guitar playing in bands such as BLACKWOLFGOAT, ROADSAW and MILIGRAM, replaces former six stringer Andy Beresky.

More info and cover art here.

Oh, and regarding two new Ufomammut albums in 2012: gently caress yes!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
The new Black Pyramid album is really good. Listening to Dreams of the Dead now.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Two Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats shirts are now available.
http://www.acidcoven.com/index2.html

They ship from the U.S. so it's probably pricey if you are not in the U.S.

edit: The original link is broken now. Here's the main page telling you they are out of stock and more shirts are coming next week: http://www.acidcoven.com/

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 17, 2011

More Gore
Nov 20, 2007
Bloooooood

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Those sold out quick. I was an hour late. Their facebook says the guy printing them will have more next week. Out of the U.S. is looking around $35-40.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

They don't have 2XL... I wonder if an XL would fit someone that's 6'4"?

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Polegrinder posted:

They don't have 2XL... I wonder if an XL would fit someone that's 6'4"?

I think they did have some, at least someone on facebook said he'd purchased an XXL.

I managed to get one. Also, I'd picked up a couple of Thou shirts from the post office earlier today.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here's some good old dirty sludge doom from the wilds of Squamish: HOOPSNAKE. I've seen these dudes play a few times, and they can throw down.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

As some of you might remember, my band, Ever Circling Wolves, released an ep called Chapter III digitally in February. The digital release is still out at http://ecwdoom.bandcamp.com as name-your-price download (along with our full length from 2009), but the news is it's been released as a limited cd-r pressing, so if you want a physical copy (and I hope it's kosher for me to post this link), you can order it from Dethroned productions, which is a sublabel of Spanish indie label Throne Records, which has released, for example, a couple of Fleshpress 12" eps.

If it's not okay for me to post the link, I'll edit it out.

NuclearGuru
Jan 4, 2011

Juaguocio posted:

Here's some good old dirty sludge doom from the wilds of Squamish: HOOPSNAKE. I've seen these dudes play a few times, and they can throw down.

This poo poo is awesome. Kinda reminds me of Monkeypriest.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Juaguocio posted:

This rules, some of the vocals remind me of Burning Witch.

Speaking of witches, I've been listening to this EP for a couple of years and really think these guys deserve some attention.. The utter lack of enunciation from Japanese vocalists comes across so well in doom. It's like listening to the howls of dying mountain wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyaecfN0FcM

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 17, 2011

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

I just found out Yob is opening up for Tool on their tour this year.

Pretty awesome for Yob, and I guess now I have a reason to go see Tool for a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
Recommend me some more psychedelic, more rockish than metallish stoner bands. If there's any vocals, they should be somewhat melodic, not just screaming or growling. Bass-heavy stuff is really preferred (think of Electric Wizard's Mountains of Mars). Samsara Blues Experiment's Long Distance Trip is almost perfect but I want MORE.

The Machine's also awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0BGyq8Utw