Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So i'm either going to do some pvp as Ken Masters now since he's pretty much done or I am going to start my Link run. I want my viewers to decide. Come help! https://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Dear Watson posted:

If it makes you feel better, this is why I sit in the Parish on my NG+ character sometimes and pretend to be a newbie.

I can always tell I'm righting some wrongs when the invader black crystals as soon as he comes in to my world for the 3rd or 4th time. Whats that? You aren't having fun getting killed by someone that is way better equipped AND better leveled? Imagine that.

I love you dried finger.

The best spot to sit at is the roof where you jump over to the 2nd floor doorway that leads to the crossbow corpse. Put on a ring of fog and stand behind the 2nd chimney; watch the burg griefers run around- and around- and around- ALL the way from fog gate to fog gate. It's a magnificent view and can keep them busy for 10-15 minutes easy.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Is there any good/easy way to remove seath from his tail?

Also I have to ask can the new gamers and the NG+ interact? Like can a NG+ person summon a NGer to fight a boss?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Klaus Kinski posted:

Super Metroid Romhacks.

Holy poo poo, goodbye weekend http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php?topic=9.0

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Eej posted:

Oh hey I finally got summoned for O&S at SL 56. Wait a second this is NG+.

89k souls for killing O&S :stare:
Yeah whoever said you should farm before you start NG+ was silly. NG+ ASAP because the soul multiplier with the patch in combination with NG+'s multiplier leads to some hilariously high amounts of souls. It's not like 10 extra VIT is really going to help you that much anyway in the early parts of NG+.

Zain posted:

Is there any good/easy way to remove seath from his tail?

Also I have to ask can the new gamers and the NG+ interact? Like can a NG+ person summon a NGer to fight a boss?
I doubt anyone knows the exact mechanics but yes it happens. It's not uncommon. This includes invaders too, and in both directoins. NG+'ers end up fighting fresh out of newbie school people in the Parish for whatever reason.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rascyc posted:

Yeah whoever said you should farm before you start NG+ was silly. NG+ ASAP because the soul multiplier with the patch in combination with NG+'s multiplier leads to some hilariously high amounts of souls. It's not like 10 extra VIT is really going to help you that much anyway in the early parts of NG+.
The only thing I'd really say is worth farming is titanite chunks because they're easy as hell to get in the Kiln. Totally not worth it to farm souls.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
I haven't touched the game in weeks, and it seems 1.05 is out now. What's the state of things? Did they fix weapon scaling? Is it easier to get matched up online with players?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

PerOlus posted:

I haven't touched the game in weeks, and it seems 1.05 is out now. What's the state of things? Did they fix weapon scaling? Is it easier to get matched up online with players?
Weapon scaling was buffed, but it's still worse than fire/lightning for a ton of the game unless you're using magic/enchanted.

It seems like online play has been improved. I'm getting less failures, at least.

Overall the changes to the game were positive. I can't really think of any that were totally negative, but CRS is pretty worthless now.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Can Dragon Butts hurt invaders? I was clearing them out in Lost Izalith when I got invaded by a guy who magically took 630 damage from a flying dragon butt stomp. He healed it off before taking another 630 damage again. I guess it could be from lava damage but he was clearly on solid ground outside right next to the first bonfire.

I overestimated how hard the Kiln was. I thought it was full of black knights in groups of 3-4. It was just 1 black knight dying to one backstab, walk a couple of yards before there was another one.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

waspinator posted:

So i'm either going to do some pvp as Ken Masters now since he's pretty much done or I am going to start my Link run. I want my viewers to decide. Come help! https://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

Alright we're almost fully kitted out as link! come watch! URL is above!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Wow the Onionbro armor is pretty good and was lighter than the 3/4 Elite Knight and Eastern Army Chestpiece I was wearing. Finding the Lightning Spear a bit underwhelming though.

I had a pretty good streak of summons at Quaelagg at SL40, took about 2-5 minutes most times. Couldn't get any for Iron Golem though.

Then I went and did some Forest Covenant defending, only beat 1 of the 3 guys I invaded because he was all the way back by the waterfall entryway getting swarmed by bushmen. The last guy I fought was way too laggy and had a phantom assistant.

Also not really noticing the increased rate in liquid humanity. I did all of Sens without getting one.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Can you troll Gaping Dragon assists by leaving the Channeler alive?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

Its not really a troll, it just makes it look like you only bothered with half the level.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

mango sentinel posted:

Yes, but it makes you look like you were too lazy/impatient/lost/stupid to finish the level. And you could troll summons by unsummoning them right before the boss dies or killing yourself or unplugging your internet, if you really wanted to be an rear end in a top hat.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lord Ephraim posted:

Can Dragon Butts hurt invaders?

I think the real question is why the gently caress would you invade Lost Izalith?

There's being a glutton for pain and then there's being a masochist.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

KingShiro posted:

Also not really noticing the increased rate in liquid humanity. I did all of Sens without getting one.

I noticed an increase in Burg/Parish but it seems to drop off after that. I got at least 3 liquid humanity before even getting to Taurus, now it seems I get one liquid humanity tops from clearing an area.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Elysiume posted:

Yes, but it makes you look like you were too lazy/impatient/lost/stupid to finish the level. And you could troll summons by unsummoning them right before the boss dies or killing yourself or unplugging your internet, if you really wanted to be an rear end in a top hat.

I humiliated myself in front of a co-op buddy yesterday by summoning him, then remembering I'd left the Channeller alive. Dragging him all the way to the Channeller so we could kill him, then completely forgot how to get to the boss door from there. I messed about in the tunnels for a while, then backtracked all the way to bonfire and took the shortcut to the boss (that I thankfully had already opened up).

Still, he helped me get the tail which is what I wanted him for. So hooray!

Edit: A full on co-op Dark Souls style game would be the best thing ever. With levels and boss encounters specifically designed for 2 or 3 people to take down.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Finally got Seath's Tail and it wasn't easy since his freaking environment isn't big enough to keep his tail in the battle arena. The Crossbreed's tail was 1000 times easier to get.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zain posted:

Finally got Seath's Tail and it wasn't easy since his freaking environment isn't big enough to keep his tail in the battle arena. The Crossbreed's tail was 1000 times easier to get.
I still haven't gotten Priscilla's tail, it's too small compared to the others, and she's, you know, INVISIBLE. Last time I started the attack with a soul spear directly at her giant rear end but it didn't do it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 29, 2011

DrWhom
Jul 16, 2010

Zain posted:

The worst part about this is before the patch you could cut the tail off while the tip was clipping out of the area, causing it to drop in the wall and making it impossible to get.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I went after Pharis with my new 0 magic Dex guy and the idiot immediately ran to the cliff and rolled off. Am I screwed in regards to getting his bow, or will he come back?

Also, I've been trying to get all the good Dex weapons for this character, and I don't know if there are any big ones I'm missing. So far, my favorites are the Balder Side Sword and the Washing Pole (Fire Enchanted because the scaling sucks). I kind of want to bump my strength to 28 for the Murakumo but I don't know if it's worth it. Or even 23 for Server and Gravelord (I'm at 20 now to one-hand the Washing Pole).

All in all, this char is a lot of fun. I avoided Armorpig and the Butchers until I got the serpent ring and now I have the pig helm, the Sack, and the Gargoyle helm, shield, and halberd. I even got the drat titanite pole. All I really want now is a Mimic Hat, but that may be too much to ask for.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still haven't gotten Priscilla's tail, it's too small compared to the others, and she's, you know, INVISIBLE. Last time I started the attack with a soul spear directly at her giant rear end but it didn't do it.

I got that this morning. I used the Iato but I bet a lot of swords will do, I essentially tried to get between her butt and the tip of her tail so I was only hitting that. About 5 or 6 chops did it, although there are supposedly easier ways with the fireball spells.

She's really easy to make visible. Watch for the footprints, block two attacks (they usually come in a slow pair) and then hit her a few times with melee or pyromancy, and she'll be visible for a minute or two.

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Filthy Hans posted:

I went after Pharis with my new 0 magic Dex guy and the idiot immediately ran to the cliff and rolled off. Am I screwed in regards to getting his bow, or will he come back?

I quit and relogged in as soon as pharis did this to me today, and her stuff was waiting on me. ymmv

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Silver Knight Straight Sword is C scaling for dex, takes twinkling (easy to need) and can take resins and enchants. It's a really good sword now and can do crazy damage if you enchant it with no titanite slabs required.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

Also, I've been trying to get all the good Dex weapons for this character, and I don't know if there are any big ones I'm missing. So far, my favorites are the Balder Side Sword and the Washing Pole (Fire Enchanted because the scaling sucks). I kind of want to bump my strength to 28 for the Murakumo but I don't know if it's worth it. Or even 23 for Server and Gravelord (I'm at 20 now to one-hand the Washing Pole).

Make sure you try out the high dex req. weapons to see what you like. Try Ricard's Rapier, Painting Guardian Sword, Claws, Bows.

e: Silver Knight's Sword and Spear too! They're pretty boss.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 29, 2011

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
How does enchanting work? Is it like Demon's Souls where it scales with your Int? If I was start a new build and try to do the ultimate damage, I'm guessing it would involve maxing out an enchantable weapon and pumping int?

Any thoughts?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
Invaded some pyromancer's Undead Burg at around SL 7. He threw a fireball only to get backstabbed from the Estoc.

Then he disconnected.

Sent him a message saying "Better luck next time."

I got a "gosuggafuggindick" back.

I guess Dark Souls is fun again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

skinny white boy posted:

Invaded some pyromancer's Undead Burg at around SL 7. He threw a fireball only to get backstabbed from the Estoc.

Then he disconnected.

Sent him a message saying "Better luck next time."

I got a "gosuggafuggindick" back.

I guess Dark Souls is fun again.
A guy invaded me in the kiln, for some reason followed me onto one of the catwalks and then was looking at a face full of crystal homing soulmasses. So silly.

Playing PvP as a magic user is so different, because you have so many different kinds of attacks you can equip at once, and the enemy won't know what's coming until its too late. A while ago I beat an invader just by randomly cycling through soul masses, soul spears, white dragon breath, and my magic estoc. He didn't know what the gently caress.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
It's great when you can use the environment to your advantage in PVP. I was Darkmooning it up in Ariamis and this mage-build decides he's going to fight me in that narrow, narrow pass at the beginning of the level.

It is very hard to dodge an R2 slash with a Lightning Zweihander +5 in that sort of environment.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
Finally beat the game, forced myself to stop PVPing every time I started up the game. Lost Izalith can go suck a dick.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
If you invade, can you use the Channeler's Trident to buff enemies in their world?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Do the harpies have a better drop rate for their Souvenir of Reprisals? I noticed that the Basilisks in the great hallow seemed to be dropping the eyes of death at least once a trip with out the Gold Serpent ring.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Roumba posted:

If you invade, can you use the Channeler's Trident to buff enemies in their world?
I don't know the answer to this but that trident must be a rare as gently caress drop. In each of my games I have spent LONG periods of time either trapped in the archives, or trying to fight my way INTO the archives, and I must have killed a hundred of them and no trident.

I have a mimic hat though which is awesome.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Zain posted:

Do the harpies have a better drop rate for their Souvenir of Reprisals? I noticed that the Basilisks in the great hallow seemed to be dropping the eyes of death at least once a trip with out the Gold Serpent ring.

From what I understand, all covenant items are more likely to drop now, so yeah, they probably do.

Still, if you're wanting those ten souvenirs, you're probably better off just using your blue eye orb and invading to get them.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
stupid kirk just dropped a second spiked shield :/ and I joined the sunbros to get lightning spear but didn't do my homework enough to realize I need 20 faith to use it so now I guess I'll be dumping levels into faith until I'm like SL 75 :( think I'm at 12 now.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Shlapintogan posted:

From what I understand, all covenant items are more likely to drop now, so yeah, they probably do.

Still, if you're wanting those ten souvenirs, you're probably better off just using your blue eye orb and invading to get them.

I donno if I can get 10 in 10 minutes instead of 10 in an hour I'd rather go for the harpies.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
I know someone asked this a few pages back, but can actually get a Large Club without farming those giant poison jerks in Blighttown, you can even get it at level 1 if you have the master key. If you run straight ahead from the bonfire and follow that wall to the right you should eventually reach a little cove with two of those big guys holding rocks guarding an item. Just dodge their first rock attack and sprint by to pick up a large club. Have fun smashing skulls.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Is it normal to upgrade your armor? It's something I haven't touched on yet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

casual poster posted:

Well, the game kind of accommodates people who don't upgrade armor by having a few powerful non-upgradeable sets. However, if you fully upgrade pretty much any armor in the game it will become better than them. All my people are wearing fully upgraded non-fancy armor like hard leather and stuff, and their stats are pretty high.

edit: of course there are people out there (not me) who have gotten so good at the game that they basically just don't get hit, or if they do get hit they know it will be something that will one-shot them, and in that case armor is meaningless.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

casual poster posted:

Yes?

• Locked thread