Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dope wizard
Sep 6, 2010

"weed owns" - me, 2010
I was playing as "Fursecutor" earlier, the games alot of fun but its very prone to crashing, at least on my labtop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

less than three posted:

Nah. I don't have a fix for that crash btw.

Yeah he's just running into some straight up C++ asserts that aren't being handled silently in the release version. It's dumb as hell but, hey, welcome to PC gaming I suppose. There's not much he's going to be able to do about it other than hope for a patch somewhere down the line because since it's going OH GOD C++ it's an issue in the game.

What are you doing when you manage to get the crash to happen? Anything that you would call unusual?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Sion posted:

Yeah he's just running into some straight up C++ asserts that aren't being handled silently in the release version. It's dumb as hell but, hey, welcome to PC gaming I suppose. There's not much he's going to be able to do about it other than hope for a patch somewhere down the line because since it's going OH GOD C++ it's an issue in the game.

What are you doing when you manage to get the crash to happen? Anything that you would call unusual?

It's happened when getting a new mission while in a group and while getting into a car with a group member already in it. Each time one of those things is occurring when I crash.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

It's happened when getting a new mission while in a group and while getting into a car with a group member already in it. Each time one of those things is occurring when I crash.

I'd post something on the forums complaining about a crash whilst entering a vehicle when accepting a new mission whilst that vehicle is occupied by a teammate. There's been crashes in Reloaded that have been about that - also whilst you were in a team with someone else that accepted the missio nyou'd get booted from the vehicle so what's happening here could be an offshoot of that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Reinstalled, first time playing since early August!

- The ten theme a character limit is still in place and sucks so bad
- Still can't drop into a district without reading complaints of matchups with hackers
- So dropping cash on anything but a month long three-slot Alig feels dumb
- Still got the vaseline filter bloom and removing it outright ruins everything
- and I lost my old 60fps at all times configs (also gave away like 90% of my credits before quitting, oh time to grind)

+ Weapon balancing, real nice
+ Map fixes that matter
+ Vegas is even better than before, though prone to take off in flight, fun new physics, interesting to drive the vehicles again now that I no longer need to mega-compensate pre-emptively
+ A fast car, kevlar 3 and ALIG is still the right thing to do
+ Chilling, talking with friends while N5/P5 hunting still makes a good time of relaxed gaming

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Shadowmorn posted:

EU Goons, you still alive on this? Think i might give it a try.

Yes. Read the OP.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toonces is coming back and I may even be able to afford Premium!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Inzombiac posted:

Toonces is coming back and I may even be able to afford Premium!

If you install the game on Steam they give you a 'CD key' which can be entered into ARMAS for 10 days of premium.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Whats fight club? Info is kinda sparse in the OP. Guess I'm back in for at least these 10 days of premium goodies.

Edit: Can you use the free steam premium codes on old beta accounts? :ohdear:

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 10, 2011

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

less than three posted:

If you install the game on Steam they give you a 'CD key' which can be entered into ARMAS for 10 days of premium.

gently caress yeah. Also, can someone invite TOONCES back? I'm on right now.

edit: <3 is a jerk and is ignoring me :(

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 10, 2011

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
So there we were, running a simple mission, when something magical happened. A car carrying two of the three mission items exploded. The force of this was so great as to rend the very fabric of space-time. Electrostatic repulsion failed, and the briefcases came to occupy the same physical space as a building.

With the items stuck there was no way for either team to drop them off and end the mission. The new overtime mechanic meant our fun would continue indefinitely. Luckily, we were already farming arrests/kills on the mission.

At first we assumed the trainees, whose very souls we were reaping, would lose interest and quit. They did this, but not before calling backup. This pattern was repeated, over and over, for a couple of hours(as well as we can figure). It wasn't until we gave the opposition leader (a green) specific instructions on how to kick his group and quit to lobby that it was over.

All told our opposition consisted 1 gold and 3-ish silvers, with the balance being made up of bronzes, greens, and mostly trainees.

I present to you, the scoreboard:
(not shown are all the kills and arrests for the multiple times we all went P5 during the mission)

:cop:

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 10, 2011

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Running around Joker as Nekbeardin when I can get on. My first account wouldn't let me play claiming I was too young, mid 20s really are far too immature to view such graphic video game violence. My second account let me play for 3ish minute before punkbuster kicked me for no reason. Apparently I have to update punkbuster because the version they give with the steam download is out of date.

If I wasn't able to piss off two other players by boxing them in and stealing their cars when they got out in the 3 minutes of playtime I have between punkbuster kicks, I'd dump the game. Please tell me the game is worth putting up with retarded poo poo like this.

Nita fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 10, 2011

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TerminalSaint posted:

:holymoley:

That is amazing.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Figured I would give this a try and its pretty fun so far. Here's my character SSeagal in his whip:

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

In as FamousDog, Enforcer on Joker. This game is more fun than I was expecting.

Corn Syrup
Feb 6, 2006

Behold my spiky hair, huge eyes, tiny mouth, and dagger-sharp chin. I have become a beautiful anime. I haven't had a character this ugly since I played Mass Effect.

I also have an impossible to ignore car. It's a little hard to tell in this shot, but the license plate is "LOOKATME".

In as Thermite, Enforcer, Joker.

TerminalSaint posted:

That is magical.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
In on Joker as CloudPaladin (enforcer) btw. Might as well get into the goon group while I try to get this running.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

TerminalSaint posted:

Holy poo poo

That's incredible!

Edit: Also if anyone has made a symbol of the SA logo could they copy it and send it to me please? I'd be eternally grateful! Character name is Elathia, I'm in Something Lawful on Joker.

Meis fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 10, 2011

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Installing this through Steam right now! I was afraid to buy this game when it came out the first time because of...well I guess we all know why at this point, but now I'm pretty excited to jump in and die a lot. Anyone have any tips they feel a complete newbie to this game should know?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Anyone playing enforcer on Colby? Send SSeagal a friend request so we can cruise in the Seagal Wagon and cap some fools. Game is fun but it isn't that deep is it? Seems like it will get dull quickly without some regulars to play with.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Farmyard Agency posted:

Anyone have any tips they feel a complete newbie to this game should know?

So far, I've taught one lesson repeatedly. Cars do not make for good cover. Not a whole lot of advice besides that though, since I'm still figuring things out myself.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

AfroSquirrel posted:

So far, I've taught one lesson repeatedly. Cars do not make for good cover. Not a whole lot of advice besides that though, since I'm still figuring things out myself.

A part of this is because there is no locational damage. Sometimes you can shoot under a car and hit someone in the foot until they die. This also means that you shouldn't bother aiming for headshots.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Joined the team as Australopithecus. Still noobing it up and trying to get it to run reliably, but I'm chatting like a vet.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

TerminalSaint posted:

And this ladies and gentlemen, is why APB is the best thing ever.
I really need to get me in one of these missions before they patch the poo poo out it.

Weak Become Heroes
Apr 26, 2009
Just joined up as Animay, looking for an invite to something lawful, I've been wanting to try this since retail release so here goes nothing.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009

Can I get a invite into something lawful? I'm on Joker east in the enforcers.

edit: nickname : repolice

Gath fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 10, 2011

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nechronic posted:

A part of this is because there is no locational damage. Sometimes you can shoot under a car and hit someone in the foot until they die. This also means that you shouldn't bother aiming for headshots.

Actually, I was referring to the nature of cars to explode or to be rammed by other cars with people driving them. But hey, I learned something new!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Just chiming in to say I'm alive and what the hell happened to the cars?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Killsion posted:

Just chiming in to say I'm alive and what the hell happened to the cars?

Attribute changes, physics changes, steering response changes.

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
Well if we're doing screenshots, check out Qwil's badass fashion sense.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

MrLonghair posted:

Attribute changes, physics changes, steering response changes.

Not a fan, at all.

Dishsoap
Dec 8, 2007
In as Trondle on Joker. I've been looking to try this since it came out, and with a week till SWTOR, now seems a better time than ever.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Nechronic posted:

Wait, really? Guess I need to focus less on that, then.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Killsion posted:

Not a fan, at all.

It's better, in my opinion. Now you can drive like it's a normal car instead of having to E brake every corner.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Killsion posted:

Not a fan, at all.

I agree, and wonder if I can ever get used to the changes. I enjoyed the amazing drifting I could pull off before, not just because I was the greatest driver around and also have no problem with the GTA4 PC (current patch) driving model but eh. All in the feeling. The Fresno no longer feels like the land barge it used to be, instead it's vehicle X with hitbox Y, weight Z and speed-acceleration model M.

At least the Jericho improved tenfold.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I'm GhostDadRecon on Joker, an invite to SomethingLawful would be nice :shobon:

So what does prestige actually do for you? Is there any reason to do missions other than get money?

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003

Brooks Cracktackle posted:

I'm GhostDadRecon on Joker, an invite to SomethingLawful would be nice :shobon:

So what does prestige actually do for you? Is there any reason to do missions other than get money?

I know it unlocks more customization stuff and that is the only thing I care about.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I haven't played since August, but has GamersFirst found a way to ban the hackers efficiently? Punkbuster didn't seem to be very effective and getting grenades landing right next to me in well-hidden spots was a real mood killer.

Asa_Shoryu
Dec 11, 2011
I was thinking of going back to the game, but can't decide if it's worth re-downloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Asa_Shoryu posted:

I was thinking of going back to the game, but can't decide if it's worth re-downloading.

Did you seriously just post that? It's free. Hard drive space isn't at such a premium nowadays that your point becomes anything more than just laziness.

• Locked thread