Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

J.B. posted:

Hiya,
I just thought I would point this out, the "Weapon Ki Technique" feat from dragon 402 (Playtest: Tools of the Trade) doesn't seem to be adding the +1 feat bonus to attacks rolls with weapon powers, but it does work with implement powers. Any chance someone knows how to fix that.

I took a look at it, and it looks like it's adding a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls as a conditional bonus, and it doesn't scale. Until it gets updated, I'd recommend taking Ki Focus Expertise instead.

Here is the code which, I hope, fixes the issue. I haven't tested it, so use it at your own peril.

code:
<RulesElement name="Weapon Ki Technique" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-09" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
   <Flavor> You have learned to further blur the already hazy boundary between the use of your weapons and the use of your ki focus. </Flavor>
   <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
   <specific name="Short Description"> When you wield a weapon and a ki focus, you gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of implement powers or weapon powers that you make with either the weapon or the ki focus. You gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of at-will attacks you make against bloodied enemies, +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. </specific>
   <specific name="Special" />
   <specific name="type" />
   <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
   <specific name="Associated Powers" />
   <rules>
      <statadd name="Weapon Ki Technique" value="+1" />
      <statadd name="Weapon Ki Technique" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
      <statadd name="Weapon Ki Technique" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
      <statadd name="Ki Focuses implement,implement:attack" value="+Weapon Ki Technique" type="Feat" />
      <statadd name="Ki Focuses implement,weapon:attack" value="+Weapon Ki Technique" type="Feat" />
      <statadd name="Ki Focuses implement,implement:damage" value="+Weapon Ki Technique" condition="with at-will attacks against bloodied enemies" />
      <statadd name="Ki Focuses implement,weapon:damage" value="+Weapon Ki Technique" condition="with at-will attacks against bloodied enemies" />
   </rules>
When you wield a weapon and a ki focus, you gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of implement powers or weapon powers that you make with either the weapon or the ki focus. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
Also, when you wield a weapon and a ki focus, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of at-will attacks you make against bloodied enemies. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
</RulesElement>

Entilzha4 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

I updated the "Wizards Everything" ZIP file linked at the top of the thread today for our international visitors with firewall barriers. It contains the very same WotC index file and exact copies of the 41 part files you get from the index. I usually update the ZIP file about once a month but sometimes can be more often or less often. Enjoy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

J.B. posted:

Hiya,
I just thought I would point this out, the "Weapon Ki Technique" feat from dragon 402 (Playtest: Tools of the Trade) doesn't seem to be adding the +1 feat bonus to attacks rolls with weapon powers, but it does work with implement powers. Any chance someone knows how to fix that.

Just use Ki Focus Expertise, since it gives you a damage bonus with all attacks, not just at-wills, and doesn't require a weapon. Leave it to Dragon Magazine to come up with reverse-deprecated feats.

J.B.
Jul 23, 2011
Yea, I suppose I could use Ki Focus expertise and call it Weapon Ki Technique for the time being. Numbers-wise its the same thing on paper.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.
I just submitted a warlock update to the e-mail on the front page.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

nothingxs posted:

I just submitted a warlock update to the e-mail on the front page.

Dual implement doesn't stack by design. It is working as intended.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It doesn't look like any items actually add to the grab attack math like they should. Is there a way to fix that? It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of odd that nothing that says it does (i.e. Wrestler's Gloves and a few other items) adds in. I don't mind actually doing the legwork, but I can't find any examples to work with to even start looking into it since nothing has a block that works.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Echophonic posted:

It doesn't look like any items actually add to the grab attack math like they should. Is there a way to fix that? It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of odd that nothing that says it does (i.e. Wrestler's Gloves and a few other items) adds in. I don't mind actually doing the legwork, but I can't find any examples to work with to even start looking into it since nothing has a block that works.
Grabbing wasn't actually made a separate power until fairly recently. Anyway,
code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_GRAB_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" />
</rules>
should work (modify as appropriate, obviously).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

MMAgCh posted:

Grabbing wasn't actually made a separate power until fairly recently. Anyway,
code:
<rules>
   <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_GRAB_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" />
</rules>
should work (modify as appropriate, obviously).

That works for the Wrestler's Gloves. Thanks! Wish I had any sort of idea how many items do that to gauge the effort.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Echophonic posted:

That works for the Wrestler's Gloves. Thanks! Wish I had any sort of idea how many items do that to gauge the effort.
Based purely on searching combined.dnd40 for "to grab" and "of grab", there doesn't seem to be a huge number of game elements that add directly to grab attack rolls/Strength checks to grab creatures. The ones I came across doing this are:

Boots of the Giantkind
Clockwork Scorpion (familiar)
Dragon's Grasp
Giant Gloves
Grizzly Gauntlets
Grasping Weapon
Wrestler's Gloves

There might be more, of course. As it is, though, the list looks fairly manageable.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So Pixie isn't appearing for me as an option in the builder. if I go in and change the race ID number it appears, so there may be a numbering conflict somewhere(?), but doing that messes other stuff up.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

mikeycp posted:

So Pixie isn't appearing for me as an option in the builder. if I go in and change the race ID number it appears, so there may be a numbering conflict somewhere(?), but doing that messes other stuff up.

It's showing up for me.

If you haven't tried this, try doing a complete cleanup (I think there's a link to the cleanup.bat file in the main post) and retry. If that doesn't work, and if you have any third party files, try removing them and re-merge.

If none of that works, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Entilzha4 posted:

It's showing up for me.

If you haven't tried this, try doing a complete cleanup (I think there's a link to the cleanup.bat file in the main post) and retry. If that doesn't work, and if you have any third party files, try removing them and re-merge.

If none of that works, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

Oh. I didn't even think about third party files. It conflicted with the skeleton from the TGWiki.part.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might (Divine Boon from Dungeon Master Guide 2) is not showing up in the builder. Did this not get added or is there a separate .part file for boons and stuff?

If it is not already coded, can someone code it? It is given as a treasure pick in the first EPIC campaign mod in LFR and I would like to pick it for my Avenger of Corellon.

Thanks. :)

Corellon’s Boon of Arcane Might
Level 23 Uncommon
Corellon brought arcane magic to the world. Mortals who
please him gain access to powers that would otherwise take
years of study to master.
Divine Boon 425,000 gp
Property: Choose an at-will power from an arcane
character class. You can use that power as an encounter
power.
Power (Daily): Free Action. Choose a 17th-level
encounter power from an arcane character class. You can
use that power once before the end of the encounter.
Reference: Dungeon Master’s Guide 2

I noticed that it is in the online builder (and it actually lets you pick the arcane at-will to have as an encounter power!)

EDIT: Since the spoiler tag doesn't work the way I was thinking it would work, I removed it from this post.
EDIT 2: I lied. It only partially works in the online builder. It does give you the option to choose an arcane at-will power, but it doesn't keep the selection or anything.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 11, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might (Divine Boon from Dungeon Master Guide 2) is not showing up in the builder.
This item is in the builder (in legacy, cbloader, and online). You will find it under Boons in the shopping pane.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Undrhil posted:

EDIT: Since the spoiler tag doesn't work the way I was thinking it would work, I removed it from this post.
EDIT 2: I lied. It only partially works in the online builder. It does give you the option to choose an arcane at-will power, but it doesn't keep the selection or anything.

I use the heroic tier version of this guy. To me it reads that the at will -> encounter power needs to be chosen beforehand, and the encounter -> daily is done at the time of use.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just noticed that two of the backgrounds from Psionic Power, Fey Inheritor and Victim of Superstition, are available to technically ineligible characters due to the way their prerequisites are formatted. To fix this, the elements of the first set of prerequisites must be separated by the word "or" rather than commas (e.g. "Eladrin or Elf or Half-Elf or Gnome" instead of "Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, or Gnome").

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
EDIT:Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I completely misread things.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 12, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

mikeycp posted:

Oh. I didn't even think about third party files. It conflicted with the skeleton from the TGWiki.part.

Go into the Wiki file do a search for skeleton or ID_FMP_RACE_61 and change the ID_FMP_RACE_61 to ID_FMP_RACE_61.1
this will fix ur problem

The ID's are the same

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

This item is in the builder (in legacy, cbloader, and online). You will find it under Boons in the shopping pane.

I've looked in the builder. It is not listed at level 23.

Well, duh. The character has DMG2 not listed as LFR legal. So, yeah. I've found it now.

However, based on the wording of the arcane at-will power property, I think I should be able to choose a Swordmage Aegis for this. Can that be coded or are we thinking that that isn't supported by this item?

On this same thought, I should be able to choose the new Skald at-will powers as well (not that I would with this character, but someone with a CHA might want to take one.)

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

Well, duh. The character has DMG2 not listed as LFR legal. So, yeah. I've found it now.

However, based on the wording of the arcane at-will power property, I think I should be able to choose a Swordmage Aegis for this. Can that be coded or are we thinking that that isn't supported by this item?
Swordmage Aegis is a class feature and definitely outside of what I would allow as Dungeon Master. Further, it doesn't have a level associated with it (Not the individual powers anyway). The way these items and other power-swap vehicles generally work is that a power must have a level associated with it.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Swordmage Aegis is a class feature and definitely outside of what I would allow as Dungeon Master. Further, it doesn't have a level associated with it (Not the individual powers anyway). The way these items and other power-swap vehicles generally work is that a power must have a level associated with it.

Seeing as this is a divine boon, I think it can break generality stuff. The property on the boon just says to pick an at-will power from any arcane class. No level limit or power type limit. Based on the wording, I think the Swordmage Aegis powers are fair-game.

However, that aside, the Skald at-wills (which modify the Skald's aura) should be selectable by this boon since they are level 1 at-will attack powers from the Skald class.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

Based on the wording, I think the Swordmage Aegis powers are fair-game.

I don't. But, I am also not your DM, so goes nuts. :) One thing that 4E has definitely done is put DMs back more in control of their own groups (more so then the design philosophies of 3E anyway). So generally you should always ask your DM for special permissions and he might give them to you. That is one of the improvements of 4E.

I do tend to think in terms of how rules were designed and also how the builder interprets them. Essentials had a great deal of strange effects on the old rules. Things which were fairly clear before can be argued all the way to the moon now. If there is any doubt (especially concerning an old pre-essentials item in the builder) I tend to go back to the source material. Power swaps required that levels had powers to be swappable and before all normal powers had levels and only class feature powers (like Swordmage Aegis) didn't have levels because they were intended to be very special. Only Swordmages could get Swordmage Aegis when the Forgotten Realms book was published.

I do believe someone asked before how they could get one of the special Swordmage powers on their non-swordmage character and we provided some code as a house-ruled thing just for him. You can look it up if you like. :)

As far as Skalds:
I didn't program Skalds and I haven't even looked at the code. But keep in mind this is a new class added after the arcane power source was defined. Further it is not technically an Essential class since it uses a buy-powers chart like the Player's Handbook ones. All the other sub-classes before Feywild were all Essential classes. These are brand new non-essential sub-classes here. It is very possible that Skalds aren't considered Bards code-wise. It all depends on how it was setup. If the builder doesn't know that Skalds are Bards then it also doesn't know that their powers are arcane keyword. We have very little control over the parsing of keywords. Guess I can take a look.

AmIhere
Apr 21, 2011
I'm not sure if this is limited to me, but a number of the themes have the order

Lvl 1 traits
Lvl 10 traits
Lvl 5 traits

When looking at the stat block for the theme. This is not true for all of them but the most recent one added from Dragon 406 is an example. It looks like it might be putting them in numerical order? Or someone is coding them oddly.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

AmIhere posted:

I'm not sure if this is limited to me, but a number of the themes have the order

Lvl 1 traits
Lvl 10 traits
Lvl 5 traits

When looking at the stat block for the theme. This is not true for all of them but the most recent one added from Dragon 406 is an example. It looks like it might be putting them in numerical order? Or someone is coding them oddly.

I had went thru the theme file previously and spent my time to fix many of these. At one point they were all fixed to list in level order. Someone else then changed them again so that they are out of order again.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
I have a Ceaseless Guardian (Epic Destiny) update. I found that you were getting the Never Again power right at 21st level even though it's supposed to be a level 30 feature.

Upon looking at the code, I found that it was granting the power with a <grant> tag as part of the Epic Destiny as well as granting via the 30th level class feature. So I took out that one erroneous line, and appears to be working.

code:
   <RulesElement name="Ceaseless Guardian" type="Epic Destiny" internal-id="ID_FMP_EPIC_DESTINY_689" source="Dragon Magazine 387" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:44:37 PM" >
      <Prereqs> Any defender class </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> Any defender class </print-prereqs>
      <Flavor> Triumph can turn to tragedy in an instant. You aren&apos;t going to let that instant come to pass. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Immortality"> Immortality
You stopped fearing your own death a long time ago. In doing so, you have denied death&apos;s power over you. Although you can die, it seems that you are raised again by a member of your adventuring party, someone seeking the ideal bodyguard, or a god. You might be recruited to fight alongside a Legendary General in one of the wars that span the planes. You might join with a World Tree Guardian who understands your devotion to your allies, or with an Undying Warrior whom you can trust to remain safe on his or her own. Very rarely, you find a small place of the world to which to retire for a time, but the call to protect others eventually leads you back into battle again. </specific>
      <specific name="Power Name" />
      <specific name="Class Features"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2692, ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2693, ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2694 </specific>
      <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_12498,ID_FMP_POWER_12499 </specific>
      <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_12498,ID_FMP_POWER_12499 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2692" type="Class Feature" Level="21" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2693" type="Class Feature" Level="24" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2694" type="Class Feature" Level="30" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_12499" type="Power" Level="26" />
      </rules>
You failed to protect someone in your care. It might have been a friend, a family member, or a former member of your adventuring party, but you feel responsible for that loss. In return, you&apos;ve rededicated yourself to the ideal of the defender - a protector of friends and a fierce obstacle to foes - but with a specific focus. All enemies will learn that the only way to defeat your allies is by going through you first, and your abilities lend you an alacrity many cannot match.

To succeed at being the first line of defense, you have trained to take advantage of every opening that your enemies leave you as quickly as possible. To those around you, you move twice as fast as any other defender to blunt your foes&apos; attacks. You see it as a natural progression that anyone of enough skill could attain, though your desire to not see anyone else lost drives you beyond the point of mere humans.

As you grow in skill, your ability to react to enemies quickly continues to grow. An attempted ambush turns into a disaster for your foes as you move in before they are ready. When you reach the apex of your power, your oath to never allow an ally to fall before you can finally be fulfilled. You can channel your strength into those whom you have sworn to protect, keeping them standing long after your enemies would otherwise have overwhelmed them.
   </RulesElement>
Also, I've noticed that there's a lot of Class Features for the Knight and Scout which are being added to the character sheet, and I don't know if all of them really need to be there. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is the Black-Hearted Knave level 6 utility power missing its trigger line in the actual article as well?

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

As far as Skalds:
I didn't program Skalds and I haven't even looked at the code. But keep in mind this is a new class added after the arcane power source was defined. Further it is not technically an Essential class since it uses a buy-powers chart like the Player's Handbook ones. All the other sub-classes before Feywild were all Essential classes. These are brand new non-essential sub-classes here. It is very possible that Skalds aren't considered Bards code-wise. It all depends on how it was setup. If the builder doesn't know that Skalds are Bards then it also doesn't know that their powers are arcane keyword. We have very little control over the parsing of keywords. Guess I can take a look.
The reason the Skald at-wills aren't showing up in the Correlon boon's selection is rather simple: the powers are all martial, not arcane.

Based on the wording of the boon, they COULD be considered fair game, as it refers to "at-will powers from an arcane class", and Skald DOES have the arcane power source. If we want this to show up in the builder, however, we'd need to rewrite the selection to be based on classes.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

scpredmage posted:

The reason the Skald at-wills aren't showing up in the Correlon boon's selection is rather simple: the powers are all martial, not arcane.

Excellent point! :)
Therefore it is working as intended.

There are some problems with the skald setup however (since I was looking at it).

The textstring "PowersAsClass" shouldn't be used to assign sub-class powers.
Line 227 should be removed.
Line 193: Should be changed from <textstring name="_CLASSNAME" value="ID_TIV_CLASS_SKALD" /> to
<textstring name="_CLASSNAME" value="ID_FMP_CLASS_104 (ID_FMP_CLASS_907)" />

value="ID_FMP_CLASS_104 (ID_FMP_CLASS_907)" is how sub-classes are denoted.

I have noticed some for-the-worse changes to the part files being made (one of them being the downgrade on the themes).
edit:

Entilzha4 posted:

Also, I've noticed that there's a lot of Class Features for the Knight and Scout which are being added to the character sheet, and I don't know if all of them really need to be there. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

We actually suppressed a ton of the class abilities for essential classes. There used to be a ton more. It might be possible to clean it up a bit more.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 14, 2011

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Well, yes and no; the boon says "at-will power from an arcane class", not "arcane at-will power". Technically, the Skald powers would count, as Skald is an arcane (and martial) class.

In other words, on pure technicality, the power source of the power itself is irrelevant. Also, it doesn't say "attack" or "utility", so technically only the usage of the power matters.

All that said, it's pretty clear that the intention was to grant a level 1 arcane at-will attack power. After all, it's a boon of "Arcane Might", so getting martial powers from it seems... wrong. That, and getting utility powers is hardly "might"y.

In a standard home campaign, a boon like this can only be given out by the DM, who is likely to choose the powers for you anyways. And if it REALLY matters, you can always tell the builder to show you the "illegal" choices for that power selection, and then choose from THAT huge list. It'll mark you as houseruled, but considering that it'll list WHY, AND you've already talked to your DM about it, it shouldn't matter.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Is the Black-Hearted Knave level 6 utility power missing its trigger line in the actual article as well?

yes

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

There are some problems with the skald setup however (since I was looking at it).

The textstring "PowersAsClass" shouldn't be used to assign sub-class powers.
Line 227 should be removed.
Line 193: Should be changed from <textstring name="_CLASSNAME" value="ID_TIV_CLASS_SKALD" /> to
<textstring name="_CLASSNAME" value="ID_FMP_CLASS_104 (ID_FMP_CLASS_907)" />

value="ID_FMP_CLASS_104 (ID_FMP_CLASS_907)" is how sub-classes are denoted.

I have noticed some for-the-worse changes to the part files being made (one of them being the downgrade on the themes).
edit:

We actually suppressed a ton of the class abilities for essential classes. There used to be a ton more. It might be possible to clean it up a bit more.

Added your fixes for skald and working on correcting the theme file to list the features in order.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I had went thru the theme file previously and spent my time to fix many of these. At one point they were all fixed to list in level order. Someone else then changed them again so that they are out of order again.

working to correct this issue (haven't figured it out yet)

Im not understanding why the cb lists some of them correctly and others don't.
I compared code from one that is working to one that lists them incorrectly and Im not seeing what is wrong. I know order matters but I dont see what is out of order. I tried changing the name to match the ones working properly but that doesnt seem to matter either.
What am I missing on these?

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 14, 2011

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Found an issue with the Belt of Mountain Endurance. It wasn't adding the Strength mod to the healing surge value. I just tested it out and it looks like it works. All it needed was a rules block saying what to do.

code:
  <RulesElement name="Belt of Mountain Endurance (paragon tier)" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_4240" source="Dragon Magazine 365">
    <Flavor> The steel buckle of this leather belt is engraved with the image of a mountain. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 18 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 85000 </specific>
    <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Waist Slot Item </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
    <specific name="Armor" />
    <specific name="Weapon" />
    <specific name="Item Slot"> Waist </specific>
    <specific name="Requirement" />
    <specific name="Critical" />
    <specific name="Special" />
    <specific name="Power"> Power (Daily): Free Action. You can trigger this power when you spend an action point. You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn. </specific>
    <specific name="_Rarity" />
    <specific name="Granted Powers" />
    <specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> When you spend a healing surge, you can add your Strength modifier to the surge value. </specific>
    <rules>   
        <statadd name="Healing Surge Value" value="+Strength modifier" />  
    </rules>  
  </RulesElement>

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tivaan posted:

yes
Oh Wizards. :allears:

Echophonic posted:

Found an issue with the Belt of Mountain Endurance. It wasn't adding the Strength mod to the healing surge value.
This might be intentional because the belt doesn't increase the healing surge value across the board, only when spending a healing surge. (Consider powers that simply let you regain hit points equal to your healing surge value, for instance, which this item would have no bearing on.)

On an unrelated note, I just came across a very minor issue: for hamadryads, hengeyokai and satyrs, the "random name" button on the Character Details page will choose a name from various other races (dwarves and dragonborn at the very least), but never from their own list, which seems to be a result of their missing "Male Names" and/or "Female Names" elements.

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
I just noticed something weird.

A while back, I submitted a fix for Simple One-Handed Melee weapons, which added the Light Mace and Short Spear. And at that time when I was testing it, it worked.

However, when I checked with the Executioner, the Light Mace and Short Spear were red (meaning not proficient). When I copy the code found in DarkSun.part into a different part file (one of my "99-house rule" part files), it shows up to work correctly. (The Military One-Handed Melee weapon rules element is unaffected).

I looked through all of the other part files, and don't see anything directly related to it. The closest would be in 40-gear.part, where there was an AppendNodes for Simple Melee weapons (not Simple One-Handed Melee weapons) which adds the Light Mace and Short Spear.

Can any else verify if they see the same behavior? 'Cause this one's really left me scratching my head.

The only fix I can think of is to add the following into 40-gear.part and hope it works (I have it in my house ruled part file):

code:
  <AppendNodes name="Simple One-Handed Melee" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_SIMPLE_ONE-HANDED_MELEE" source="Core">
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(LIGHT_MACE)" type="Proficiency" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SHORT_SPEAR)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules>
  </AppendNodes>

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Sharing some stuff:

70-lizardfolk.part
My home-brew conversion of the lizardman PC race from Spelljammer in the 4E vein. Suitable for any campaign for lizardfolk and no spelljamming mojo needed.

83-blackmoor.part
The first 1100 lines of my part file for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor: First Campaign, published in 2009. It is out of print but you can buy it cheap on the Internet (I bought mine copy for $5). Or you can buy a PDF at that link.

Blackmoor is an old school setting. The part file covers:
    Docrae race (a militant halfling)
    All 45 deities from Blackmoor book and the channel divinity feats for some of them.
    All of the rest of the feats from the Blackmoor 4E book except the class-based ones.
    Only two feats specifically skipped were Armor Expertise [Paragon] (superseded by Armor Finesse-HOFL/HOFK) and Shield Expertise [Paragon] (superseded by Shield Finesse-HOFL/HOFK].

I have the Arcane Warrior class coded up but I removed it until I finish the rest of the powers. I think it is the best class in that book. I will eventually finish it. I don't plan on doing the other classes since most of them have been superseded by better classes since 2009.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

MMAgCh posted:

Oh Wizards. :allears:
This might be intentional because the belt doesn't increase the healing surge value across the board, only when spending a healing surge. (Consider powers that simply let you regain hit points equal to your healing surge value, for instance, which this item would have no bearing on.)

That's a pretty good point, I didn't really consider it. Nevermind then.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
How about that DMCA takedown notice for cbloader, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

No poo poo?

• Locked thread