Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody knows, the game isn't out yet. Again, FFXIII had a goofy jpop version of the Chocobo Theme that played once in an amusement park.

That song wasn't so bad though. It actually fit the tone and mood of the Chocobo Song from previous games. It's suppose to be poppy and catchy, it always has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNyNmuFSlw

An instrumental version of that would have been pretty awesome. It'd be like something out of a SNES beat 'em up or something.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Jimbot posted:

An instrumental version of that would have been pretty awesome. It'd be like something out of a SNES beat 'em up or something.
Yeah, it begins ok, and - I mean hey, this isn't THAT bad, it's just like a SNES metal track or something.

... then they start singing :ughh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That song wasn't so bad though. It actually fit the tone and mood of the Chocobo Song from previous games. It's suppose to be poppy and catchy, it always has.

I'm just sayin', this song could play while you fight Cybercobo, the half-chocobo half-motorcycle in a reference to Chrono Trigger's post-apocolyptic future race.

(Sadly, I doubt FFXIII-2 would be willing to be that ridiculous.)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

It was somewhat appropriate considering the part where it was played. But this. This is something else.
Like ImpAtom says it is very possible that this isn't what plays when you actually ride chocobos. I'm going to assume that is the case until I hear otherwise.

edit: I know I've talked about this before but there are many reasons to think that this will be a stand-out FF game. It has time travel, it has serious treasure searching via probe moogles or something, it has big wide-open stages, and it has lots of towns and stuff. Whether it all comes together into a good game I don't know yet, but I think we will start seeing very soon.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 13, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I'm just sayin', this song could play while you fight Cybercobo, the half-chocobo half-motorcycle in a reference to Chrono Trigger's post-apocolyptic future race.

(Sadly, I doubt FFXIII-2 would be willing to be that ridiculous.)

That would be enough to get me to buy XIII-2. As it is right now i'm going to just pretend it doesn't exist.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Like ImpAtom says it is very possible that this isn't what plays when you actually ride chocobos. I'm going to assume that is the case until I hear otherwise.

The other Chocobo track on the OST sounds far more like a traditional Chocobo riding song so I would say that this is incredibly likely.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

We only had to listen to that like once though. How many times does this song pop up?

I hope forever.

That Blue Dragon boss song is composed pretty well, as in if someone said to make a cheesy 80's metal buttrock song, and they nailed it perfectly (The singer's voice is terrible though).

This Chocobo song? It's such a mess of sounds that it's just hilarious. I want all the music for XIII-2 to be godawful metal with literal lyrics.

SO YOU'RE GONNA GET INTO A MONSTER FIGHT
JUST KEEP PRESSING THE X BUTTON IT'LL BE ALRIGHT
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
WAIT YOUR TURN NOW THE MONSTER'S GONNA HIT YOU
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO ATTACK... DOODEEDOOOOOOOOOO
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jamesman posted:

This Chocobo song? It's such a mess of sounds that it's just hilarious. I want all the music for XIII-2 to be godawful metal with literal lyrics.

SO YOU'RE GONNA GET INTO A MONSTER FIGHT
JUST KEEP PRESSING THE X BUTTON IT'LL BE ALRIGHT
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
WAIT YOUR TURN NOW THE MONSTER'S GONNA HIT YOU
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO ATTACK... DOODEEDOOOOOOOOOO
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

So basically, make every song like Frank West's theme from "Off the Record" (lyrics by Lifeseeker, you know, GONE GURU OH poo poo CONVICTS IN THE PARK drat IT ALL)?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

IGN is giving out Starhawk closed beta codes to prime members:

http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/starhawk/

Here's an extra EU closed beta code: 666D-F3NE-G3AP

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I got an email from sony that has 3 PSN+ 30 day trails. 2 are for my friends and 1 is for me. What is the likely hood of the friends codes working for me, after I redeem my code? I figure it is probably easy for sony to track those activations like under user-privileges or something in account management, so it would invalidate any sort of "friend" use code, like if a friend was to give me the same thing in return. I guess to clarify should I use the "friend's" code first, then use my code? I want to maximize on my psn+ trail, since I have been debating getting + anyways for the last month or so.

I also got an email about :siren: TRINE 2 :siren: hitting PSN 12/20. Very excited it is coming out so soon.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 13, 2011

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

gibbed posted:

IGN is giving out Starhawk closed beta codes to prime members:

http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/starhawk/

Thanks for the head's up! Yay!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mercury Crusader posted:

So basically, make every song like Frank West's theme from "Off the Record" (lyrics by Lifeseeker, you know, GONE GURU OH poo poo CONVICTS IN THE PARK drat IT ALL)?

I love that Lifeseeker did the credits theme to Off the Record. The songs they do for Dead Rising sound so bad yet fit so perfectly for some reason.

Renta cops bustin' shots,
he's taking damage
Only one thing to do:
EAAAAAAAT A SANDWICH

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
PC specific, but universally applicable:

Trine 2 review:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/trine-2_Games_review_trine-2-magical-multiplayer-gameplay_Page-2

Makes me super hot for this game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Policenaut posted:

I love that Lifeseeker did the credits theme to Off the Record. The songs they do for Dead Rising sound so bad yet fit so perfectly for some reason.

Renta cops bustin' shots,
he's taking damage
Only one thing to do:
EAAAAAAAT A SANDWICH

I remember listening to the entirity of "Gone Guru" and the lyrics just got more and more nonsensical until finally "PARTY ROOOOBOOOOT!!!" and now I can't hate them (though I can't say they're good).

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
You guys are nuts. If they used that song whenever you rode on a chocobo it would be the funniest thing ever. This isn't your granddad's Final Fantasy!

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

So I just found out God Hand is on the Playstation Store. The greatest game ever made, and it only costs 10bux.

Everyone go buy it now.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Anyone give the new GoldenEye a run yet?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Renoistic posted:

This isn't your granddad's Final Fantasy!

It's kind of sad to think this could be true.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

whip posted:

Yeah, I took it through its paces. It's one of the best experiences I've had with the Move and it even makes the ball thingy on the end gold. Gold! I didn't even know it could go that color.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

whip posted:

I posted about it earlier. I own it for the Wii and rented it for the PS3. The PS3 version looks so much better that I don't really want to play the Wii version anymore. I am going to wait til it gets really cheap and pick up the PS3 version. The new version seems to have an emphasis on stealth which i really like and it slightly changes the plot from the movie to match current day stuff. Its kind of interesting to go through. But the mission objectives are all lame and stupid repetitive crap like either getting through the level, taking X amount of pictures, or collecting X amount of intel. Its really lacking in originality in that department.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

You guys are nuts. If they used that song whenever you rode on a chocobo it would be the funniest thing ever. This isn't your granddad's Final Fantasy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6RJJWb_VTY This is probably the song for regular Chocobo riding.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6RJJWb_VTY This is probably the song for regular Chocobo riding.
The other one is ridiculous, this one is just plain bad.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Vincent posted:

It's like they combined 5 tunes into one not very good one :stare: and...there's vocals?!

Edit: On subsequent listens it sounds like 3 different tunes mixed together.

Tamagod Sushi fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 14, 2011

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

quote:

The new Goldeneye somehow manages to be worse than Duke Nukem Forever. Don't play it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

I dunno, it reminds me alot of Sonic music, which while I can see why it doesn't belong in a Final Fantasy game, I also have trouble seeing as bad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I only have a moment. Initial impressions are that StarHawk is Warhawk 2011 bringing the awesome in a ton of cool ways.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

whip posted:

I played the demo earlier today. I'm kinda bummed they didn't get Pierce Brosnan or Sean Bean but the game's pretty enough and I'm a big enough Bond fan that if I had a Move I'd probably buy it. Playing it with a DS3 isn't anything special though. If I ever get a Move I'll probably pick it up, from the demo level at least it seems like it's really meant for motion controls.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A surprisingly candid feature on the developmental trials and tribulations of Rising. There should be more of this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1BMUg4NsA

Japan's decline in relevance in the video game industry seems to have struck Kojima at a deeply personal level. In that closing segment, he essentially speaks about video games as a matter of national pride.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A follow up post regarding StatHawk. You earn Xp which will go towards skills and customizations. In-game, you start in a drop-pod... Which is awesome.

The building aspects are awesome. Dropping in walls, turrets, vehicle-spawners, etc, is a great mechanic.

The graphics are WarHawk evocative, but refined. As are the animations and movements.

It's obviously a beta and things will change but it's pretty awesome so far.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well, finally beat Valkyria.

Maximilian got kind of stuck in one of the fallen chunks of lance, I basically "skipped" two turns to build up SP then ran the Shamrock up his rear end. Apparently he's vulnerable to the Link Belt, at least enough that a full set of SP was enough to drop him in one turn. A lame, lame way to beat him, but drat it, that malarkey with the aiming was driving me nuts!

Despite my whining this was a fantastic game. Listening to the credits now and something I didn't mention before is that it's got a pretty great soundtrack, too.

AWWWW Varrot married Largo! And Rosie visits Isara's grave and Welkin and Alicia's kid's name is Isara. Maaaaan :unsmith: This game really, really did a good job making me care about its characters. The only way it could've ended better is if they added "... Also, Largo and Varrot ate the pig at their wedding"

Also, no one in Squad 7 perma-died. I am best commander.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Code Jockey posted:

Well, finally beat Valkyria.

Maximilian got kind of stuck in one of the fallen chunks of lance, I basically "skipped" two turns to build up SP then ran the Shamrock up his rear end. Apparently he's vulnerable to the Link Belt, at least enough that a full set of SP was enough to drop him in one turn. A lame, lame way to beat him, but drat it, that malarkey with the aiming was driving me nuts!

Despite my whining this was a fantastic game. Listening to the credits now and something I didn't mention before is that it's got a pretty great soundtrack, too.

AWWWW Varrot married Largo! And Rosie visits Isara's grave and Welkin and Alicia's kid's name is Isara. Maaaaan :unsmith: This game really, really did a good job making me care about its characters. The only way it could've ended better is if they added "... Also, Largo and Varrot ate the pig at their wedding"

Also, no one in Squad 7 perma-died. I am best commander.

Now just pretend VC2 doesn't exist - that game soured me on the whole VC brand. VC is goofy but mostly in a good and charming way. VC goes way too far and ends up being really annoying.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 14, 2011

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Japan's decline in relevance in the video game industry seems to have struck Kojima at a deeply personal level. In that closing segment, he essentially speaks about video games as a matter of national pride.

I just don't understand why a notable amount Japanese developers are having so many problems at the moment. Journalists seem to lay the blame on making "HD" assets, but it always appears to be poor planning and lack of direction. Final Fantasy 13 produced way more assets than they needed for the final game and they cut a lot of the art and areas when they actually attempted to put together a game. It seems more like each developer is coincidentally having problems with game design, direction and planning rather than issues related strictly to the current generation of hardware.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ATTN Brits (and Eurodudes), Amazon.co.uk is selling Skyrim for 20 GBP for PC, 22.50 for consoles. If you have a capable machine, get the PC version.

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.

Jamesman posted:

I hope forever.

That Blue Dragon boss song is composed pretty well, as in if someone said to make a cheesy 80's metal buttrock song, and they nailed it perfectly (The singer's voice is terrible though).
Dude, that's the singer from Deep Purple. Have a little respect!

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Rinkles posted:

A surprisingly candid feature on the developmental trials and tribulations of Rising. There should be more of this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1BMUg4NsA

That's a great vid, thanks for the link!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Did I miss this being posted?

http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-of-us/videos/the-last-of-us-premiere-trailer-6347442

Naughty Dog with what looks like the uncharted 3 engine + Post apocalyptic survival. Hell yes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Spaceman Future! posted:

Did I miss this being posted?

http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-of-us/videos/the-last-of-us-premiere-trailer-6347442

Naughty Dog with what looks like the uncharted 3 engine + Post apocalyptic survival. Hell yes.

Hey how was your nap?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Feenix posted:

Hey how was your nap?

If every time I miss something it turns out to be that chill then I'll go back to sleep right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

You didn't even mention that it stars Ellen Page as herself and Gerard Butler as a dude that kind of looks like him with a beard. (Not really.)

• Locked thread