Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Every day at dinner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Slow is Fast posted:

Every day at dinner:

What, you introduce to everyone the cat you're about to eat? "Everyone: Fluffy will be the main course tonight." You monster.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Slow is Fast posted:

Every day at dinner:

My mum's enormous Maine Coon does this too:

No, Cooper. You are not a person.

He also looks like he's wearing eyeliner:

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Zero didn't like lecture 4 or 5 and generally refused to help me with my essay. What a poo poo tutor.

Nexus-6
Mar 26, 2008

somewhere in a land of cotton candy and pinwheels where the air smells like sugar kisses
On the subject of fat cats, behold the glory of my childhood cat, Nana (RIP):

At her heaviest, she was 30 lbs. She was short haired, too, so that's all butter that you see. Unsurprisingly, she was diabetic.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nexus-6 posted:

I loving love fat cats. Look at this gal.

I wish there was a variety of fat that comes in healthy.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Nexus-6 posted:

At her heaviest, she was 30 lbs. She was short haired, too, so that's all butter that you see. Unsurprisingly, she was diabetic.

Good god, that's only 4 pounds lighter than my 4 year-old child. I wish I had a fatass cat like that.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bort, a friend's cat. He's actually quite big!

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

My mom does quilts and her cats like to sleep on them.

CATCHAIR
Jul 4, 2009
My awesome cat and awesome dog, keeping eachother warm for the winter.

Been living in the UK while my partner's been taking care of 'em, can't wait to go back to CO for Christmas. I miss by buddies :3:

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:

I'm sorry, cat...

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Walk Away posted:

Good god, that's only 4 pounds lighter than my 4 year-old child. I wish I had a fatass cat like that.

Fatass cats can be fun, unless they have tiny paws. Case in point:

This is Dante, aka Doofus Dante, El Dante de Diablo, and occasionally DAMMIT DANTE! He's 20 pounds of mouthy snuggly love. However, he also has a preference for climbing onto your stomach then attempting to stomp your pancreas into mush.

Still, he keeps my feet warm at night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kammat posted:

Fatass cats can be fun, unless they have tiny paws. Case in point:

This is Dante, aka Doofus Dante, El Dante de Diablo, and occasionally DAMMIT DANTE! He's 20 pounds of mouthy snuggly love. However, he also has a preference for climbing onto your stomach then attempting to stomp your pancreas into mush.

Still, he keeps my feet warm at night.

Dawwwwwwwwww.

His eyes are just a smidge too far apart and it gives him an adorable "Duuuuuuuuuur" look.

Big Slick
Jul 27, 2004
Dreamed I Killed God...
My wife got one of those Microwave Heating pads and finally decided to try it out...

Our cat Soho pretty much said "Go gently caress Yourselves"

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

A Child's Letter posted:

I'm sorry, cat...

Merry loving Christmas.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Big Slick posted:

My wife got one of those Microwave Heating pads and finally decided to try it out...

Our cat Soho pretty much said "Go gently caress Yourselves"

My Mom wanted to know what she could get my cat for xmas, THIS IS PERFECT!

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!

Señor felt the need to stand.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Lauren posted:

This cat fuckin rules. It looks like a mob boss or something.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Kramjacks posted:

Haha! All I saw was fat cuddly kitty but I can totally see what you mean about the mob boss.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lauren posted:

I'm going to do this to both my cats later.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I took this photo about a month ago, and she's still pissed at me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
So... I found a cat the other day.

He's all skin and bones. And he's dirty. I've never seen a cat that was as greasy and dirty as he was. And absolutely covered in ticks. I got about two dozen off him, and God knows how many the Frontline killed. The vet said he should be about 9-10 pounds... he's barely 5 right now. :( Luckily, he's healthy, just underweight and weak. The poor guy couldn't even fight me when I gave him a bath.

I was worried my other two cats would attack him. Luckily... my younger cat seems to like him.

It was a little tense at first...

But Saki warmed right up to him. Saki spent about three hours grooming him today. :3: I think I'm going to name him Gordon.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

\

Cuniculous posted:

:3: I think I'm going to name him Gordon.

Gordon is awesome and you are awesome! :3:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Kramjacks posted:

The first name that came to mind was Massimo Fanucci:
http://padrino.wikia.com/wiki/Massimo_Fanucci

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Kramjacks posted:

Nope. That catte is a Totoro.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Few pages back, I really liked this picture, but the bird poop on the sidewalk kind of ruined it for desktop purposes.

So I Photoshopped it out. :science:

Enjoy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cuniculous posted:

So... I found a cat the other day.

He's all skin and bones. And he's dirty. I've never seen a cat that was as greasy and dirty as he was. And absolutely covered in ticks. I got about two dozen off him, and God knows how many the Frontline killed. The vet said he should be about 9-10 pounds... he's barely 5 right now. :( Luckily, he's healthy, just underweight and weak. The poor guy couldn't even fight me when I gave him a bath.

I was worried my other two cats would attack him. Luckily... my younger cat seems to like him.

It was a little tense at first...

But Saki warmed right up to him. Saki spent about three hours grooming him today. :3: I think I'm going to name him Gordon.

You are such a good person and you just made my heartless soul go "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" out loud.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

\

Ularg posted:

It's nice to see each cat respecting the others' quadrants.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Ularg posted:

Oh look, a Punnet square!

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
Zala. My cat:

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat
'Tis the season.

The season to risk life and limb by putting poo poo on your cat.

Mutter
Nov 20, 2004
I can't even afford 10 fucking dollars.
One of my former foster kitties. Her name is Eggs.

I miss that little stink monster.
Oh and to all kitten owners: Diet coke boxes where you open the little tab? Yeah, best toy. Hide and seek for hours!

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cuniculous posted:

I think I'm going to name him Gordon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dWpCy8rdc

Post more once he fattens up, when I picked up a stray it went from kitten to fat cat size in like a week. It's amazing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mutter posted:

One of my former foster kitties. Her name is Eggs.

I miss that little stink monster.
Oh and to all kitten owners: Diet coke boxes where you open the little tab? Yeah, best toy. Hide and seek for hours!

:3: daawww I got to get a kitten and try this. What does it take to take care of foster cats / dogs?

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Rakugoon posted:

Post more once he fattens up, when I picked up a stray it went from kitten to fat cat size in like a week. It's amazing.

There's been a feral kitten coming into my yard for a while. It's about 3/4 cat sized now. My cats eat Wellness, so this stray eats Wellness, and it's the fattest, fluffiest stray ever.

I don't know if it can every be acclimated, but I am trying to get a TNR voucher from the city.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Nexus-6 posted:

Giving insulin injections to diabetic cats is like the easiest thing ever. You just grab a slab of flab and jab.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Here's Floyd at nearly 6 months, and our new kitten Tilly (3 weeks younger than Floyd)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doorknob
Jan 15, 2007
And The Amazing Electromagnetic Thing

Zero Star posted:

Here's Floyd at nearly 6 months, and our new kitten Tilly (3 weeks younger than Floyd)

My Tortie named Tilly approves of your Tortie named Tilly :3:

She also approves of hand-knit scarves and sitting like a loaf.