Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

They don't sell the things like the beret individually any more? I remember spending like somwhere between 2 and 3 bucks on the headphones. I wouldn't buy one of those dumb packs unless I really liked every item in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

I was reading about it in chat as I was doing missions with some other guys, and then we run into it out of nowhere. It was pretty awesome.

As for the marketplace, I talked with Marge about it a bit and we both agreed that it's the worst microtransaction store for a game ever. You know, they could make a killing if they had $2.99 clothing in the shop, people would buy that stuff wholesale. Instead we have $60 guns and crappy accessory packs. They could sell the cigarette or beret model for a few bucks each, instead they bundle it with some other worthless items and throw a large pricetag on it.

I actually disagreed with you, although I probably wasn't invested enough in the conversation to make that clear. Broadly speaking, I think GamersFirst and other F2P game companies have yet to discover the price for virtual goods above which their profit will decline. DarkOrbit, for instance, made €2 million from sales of a single thousand-euro item. MMO players will pay through the nose for the slightest imagined edge; think of how many people spend dozens of hours per week raiding in WoW for a 10% chance at a single piece of slightly shinier gear. If that time were spent working for a small hourly wage, it would easily equal hundreds or thousands of dollars. F2P companies just did the math.

e: ^ ^ ^ Take the headphones. I bet that if G1 had sold them for $100 instead of $4, more than 1/25 of the number of people who currently own headphones would have shelled out for them.

Cassian of Imola fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 19, 2011

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

According to various posts by G1 staff on the issue, the reason they dont lower the prices on store items is because people keep buying them. So if you want lower prices, quit buying things for a while and convince others to do the same.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The problem with that strategy is that there are too many stupid people with access to their parents' credit cards or who give no shits because they have enough spare cash to afford spending thousands on game items.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
:catstare:

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

less than three posted:

Testing.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Raxmus posted:

How does one go about converting video to Bink format for use in the APB loading screen? Thank you very much.

Also working on some sort of wallpaper for a loading screen, might animate it later on if I get a good idea.
http://i.imgur.com/U9XQE.jpg

I would wear that for a outfit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Seen any.. Elves?

Hahhahahahahahah..

Because I haven't. Six of them each server? What times? Regular districts?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

MrLonghair posted:

Seen any.. Elves?

Hahhahahahahahah..

Because I haven't. Six of them each server? What times? Regular districts?

No, six total. Not per server. :)

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

less than three posted:

That's what i've seen since playing. Hate than intro, so deleted all those. Kind of funny.

I think the elves are the dev's excuse to try out hacks
http://youtu.be/uvO5GJahJTM

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies
Just remembered I installed this when it first showed up as free to play on Steam but hadn't actually played it yet. Ran through the tutorial and then did some random missions with pubbies for a while and had a blast. Just like the OP warned, I died about a million times, but it was still pretty fun. Definitely going to have to hook up with the Something Lawful crew so I'm not just playing with random peeps. My character name is chizad (original, eh?).

e: and I'm on Joker

chizad fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 21, 2011

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Can I get an invite to Something Lawful? My in game name is JimboGrace. Thanks

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

less than three posted:

What is the file name for the english loading screen text? I tried searching for keyword "load" and didn't receive any results that were in english. Thank you <3

Raxmus fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 20, 2011

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

is there any way to turn off the music that plays when you die, I mean the themes that other people select. I was playing last night and a few people have decided the best music to play is a high pitched grating noise that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Goofballs posted:

is there any way to turn off the music that plays when you die, I mean the themes that other people select. I was playing last night and a few people have decided the best music to play is a high pitched grating noise that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.

If you put a player on your ignore list it turns off their themes. There's an entire folder you can delete to get rid of themes altogether but that's just no fun.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Goofballs posted:

Report those people for griefer themes, they will get banned, deservingly.

The in-game volume of APB is insanely high compared to other games, which is another factor. I have APB at a fourth volume, while games like BF3 sit at full no problem, and APB at anything more than a fourth is too loud.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

An Unoriginal Name posted:

If you put a player on your ignore list it turns off their themes. There's an entire folder you can delete to get rid of themes altogether but that's just no fun.

What's the folder because I would rather just have them gone even if that means no one hears mine.

Also I didn't record their names or anything.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Goofballs posted:

I use that sound sometimes. I deleted my instruments folder and dont have to hear any of them.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
In as Purgey. I look forward to getting TK'd by my fellow crims. :v:

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
Ok. Well its been fun, but I am tired of trying to get rid of my lag problems. Who wants my money and car? Ive got about 104k and a dolton broadwing(cheapest)

also it almost seems unplayable after the 10 day steam code, I was getting barely enough money to pay for ammo. Maybe ill pick it up later when i get a better computer down the road.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Gath posted:

Ok. Well its been fun, but I am tired of trying to get rid of my lag problems. Who wants my money and car? Ive got about 104k and a dolton broadwing(cheapest)

Please send these to ThankYouBasedGod. TIA

e: putting up a symbol for 104k. Search for my character name.

Cassian of Imola fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 21, 2011

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

Donny posted:

Please send these to ThankYouBasedGod. TIA

Wait...you can send money?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
You can't. You can have someone sell a theme for money and you can buy it, though... at a 20% loss.

herr
Jan 19, 2009
I've been playing as siriustar. Having a pretty good time, HOORAY!

Did we ever get a video of that dump truck carnage?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZi_uGvfw8&lc=M9GVK24163pj4dwLPI03OgTfQu-s_13i0fwR1rIQsLY&feature=inbox Found it on the steam forums. But wait there's more http://www.youtube.com/user/SyntheticGamingHD?feature=watch

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 21, 2011

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
The greatest thing you can do with dump trucks is the pubbie scoop. We would take 3-4 dump trucks, and line them up on one of the main roads. We'd then form a sort of inverted wedge that could scoop up the cars of unsuspecting pubbies. Wish I had some pictures of it.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

herr posted:

I've been playing as siriustar. Having a pretty good time, HOORAY!

Did we ever get a video of that dump truck carnage?

I have the footage (less Marge's petty griefing.) I'll process it soon.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The Porp posted:

The greatest thing you can do with dump trucks is the pubbie scoop. We would take 3-4 dump trucks, and line them up on one of the main roads. We'd then form a sort of inverted wedge that could scoop up the cars of unsuspecting pubbies. Wish I had some pictures of it.

Then you might like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn3Fb_VQO-8 I don't know where on the map this is but it looks like great fun.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Admin on the official APB forums posted:

6. ALL the elves are enforcers! However please don't let that deter fellow enforcers from killing them! Look at them as bad Christmas cops!

I'm sorry, but I can't read that in any other way but "We are humongous retards who made them Enforcers by mistake and are too boned to fix it".

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
What time are the elves typically out and about? I'd like to kill one, but I don't go to the normal districts anymore.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I'm sorry, but I can't read that in any other way but "We are humongous retards who made them Enforcers by mistake and are too boned to fix it".

You can read anything G1 says that way.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Or the more likely explanation is that they didn't want to write code for a third faction hostile to both enf/crim and just made them a p5 enforcer since it doesn't loving matter either way and one requires zero extra work.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Secret Sweater posted:

Or the more likely explanation is that they didn't want to write code for a third faction hostile to both enf/crim and just made them a p5 enforcer since it doesn't loving matter either way and one requires zero extra work.

Or they could just make them crims, because a bounty on a crim is a bounty FOR CRIMS AND ENFORCERS.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
That's very true. Honestly it's such an insignificant point, why does anyone even care? Oh no, you lost prestige in return for a Christmas present.

Yes, it's silly, but is it worth them minimal effort to reroll the characters so enforcers don't lose prestige when they kill them? no, not really.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 21, 2011

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
So I'm VERY new at this, and want to join with some goons so I can stop playing with random jerks. How do I do these things?

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Secret Sweater posted:

Criminals can kill criminal bounties with no penalty. It made zero sense for the targets to be Enforcer P5s.

Cute as heck posted:

So I'm VERY new at this, and want to join with some goons so I can stop playing with random jerks. How do I do these things?

Spy.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Cute as heck posted:

The answers to your question are in the OP.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Secret Sweater posted:

Yes, it's silly, but is it worth them minimal effort to reroll the characters so enforcers don't lose prestige when they kill them? no, not really.

When did you get a job with GamersFirst?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

MrLonghair posted:

When did you get a job with GamersFirst?

I'd like to see a show of hands for people who have:
-killed an elf
-are enforcer
-continued running missions after killing the elf
And if you qualify for the last one:
-gave 2 shits about your temporary, slightly reduced money gain.

This is literally the stupidest poo poo to care enough to post whining about it.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
A day or two ago someone said in TS that there was a holiday costume contest.

• Locked thread