Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

von Braun posted:

I bought a couple of riffs earlier this month and got a $5 worth of gift certificates which I thought was pretty cool. But now I bought some more riffs and got $4 worth of gift certificates, but didn't redeem my previous certificate to shop for thinking I could save them up and now it seems like the previous ones disappeared from my account? Do I have to use them when I put in an ordered? I checked the Help page but didn't see anything.

It redeems it automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It redeems it automatically.

Ooh, I thought it might. Thanks! Time for Sons of Hercules when it finishes!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So did anyone watch the extended riff for Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Mike has been confronted with too many goons lately, apparently.

Mike Nelson's Twitter posted:

Fascinating fact: the word "celibate" is derived from the Latin term for "how do you like my neck beard?".

Also, the new VOD is Christmas With Rifftrax which seems to be like last year's (?) Christmas Short Live Show. Only not live.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Also, the new VOD is Christmas With Rifftrax which seems to be like last year's (?) Christmas Short Live Show. Only not live.

I'm pretty sure that's brand new. You can watch Magic Christmas Tree on Hulu, and it sounds like they've added more stuff in addition to that.

Magic Christmas Tree is pretty good/bad, including a sequence where a bunch of people chase after their cars.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

thedaian posted:

I'm pretty sure that's brand new. You can watch Magic Christmas Tree on Hulu, and it sounds like they've added more stuff in addition to that.

Magic Christmas Tree is pretty good/bad, including a sequence where a bunch of people chase after their cars.

I'm half hour in. What the gently caress am I watching? :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

thedaian posted:

I ended up picking up the entire VOD for the hell of it. I'm about to check out Magic Christmas Tree and you guys can probably just save your $10 and check the Hulu link. The animated short they watch is pretty great, albeit too short (and incredibly racist), but the rest is them watching old toy commercials like at Rifftrax Live. It's a little amusing, but little more. They do try something a little different where they watch an ad for a train set that's under the guise of "The Joe DiMaggio Show". Instead of riffing on it, Bill leads them into a really enthusiastic commentary.

So yeah, the opening 15 minutes that isn't Magic Christmas Tree isn't worth the money considering the rest of the VOD is on Hulu.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Boy, that was awkward to watch after a month of Sandusky news.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

thedaian posted:

Oh, I knew it was all new. It just seemed to have the same basic 'short->commercial->short' layout.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh, I knew it was all new. It just seemed to have the same basic 'short->commercial->short' layout.

Ah, sorry, I misread that. Magic Christmas Tree is an hour long, and is all sorts of what the gently caress, probably on par with the short about Nothing in pure "why the gently caress did someone make this?", but yeah, it does sound like the same concept.

It's almost like someone noticed that the Wizard of Oz was somehow a thanksgiving movie, and decided to make a christmas themed movie based on the same "it might have just been a dream" plot, but they got lost somewhere and decided to give the kid the stupid powers from Pod People for an hour, and also a giant who kidnaps kids and makes them his slave.

Also the worst lawnmower based scene ever committed to film.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Just saw Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny for the first time with some of my family. My mom sat in during some of it.

I just... I don't know what I watched but me and brother literally had this look on our face at each other :stare: .

I'd say it's worth the :10bux: admission just for the baffling experience. Can this even qualify as a movie? I am struggling to find much of anything that had a coherent element to it. My mom was baffled and amazed of what she saw. Everyone of course (including myself) got a huge laugh from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umezn9sD2cY

Besides the movie itself the riffing was pretty top quality and only really suffered during certain bits. I however need to recover from this and I don't see myself watching it again any time soon. This will probably be a Christmas tradition now.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Cubemario posted:

Everyone of course (including myself) got a huge laugh from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umezn9sD2cY

The laughter I let out once Bill starting making that sound made buying it last year worthwhile.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I had to do my traditional viewing of the Star Wars Holiday Special rifftrax. It never fails to crack me up, especially with dead eyes Chewbecca at the end.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This is a couple days old, but it doesn't seem to have been posted: A quick video for IGN of Rifftrax taking on Gears of War 3

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched that "Magic Christmas Tree" riff and man alive that was a freaking weird movie. Especially how the kid spends months in his weird dream sequence.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

I watched that "Magic Christmas Tree" riff and man alive that was a freaking weird movie. Especially how the kid spends months in his weird dream sequence.

I'm still trying to piece together the logic of everything...

- Kid goes to mess with old witch lady
- Ends up getting roped into rescuing her cat
- Falls out of tree, enters mundane dream world
- Eventually finds magic Christmas tree, gains the powers of a god
- Kidnaps Santa
- Is taught a "lesson" by almost being forced into slavery
- Wakes up, is given cookies, learns a valuable lesson about... something?

What I love most about this movie is just how nasty everyone is to each other. The fat kid's a jerk, the husband and wife can't stop arguing, the tree's a total dick... and I guess the whole point of the production is to scare kids into being good?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I love that the "one-hour" limitation on the kid's god-like abilities is imposed by the kid himself.

Never give a dumb husky boy genie-like magic wishes. He'll waste them all in the most ridiculous fashion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The movie really lost me when he captures Santa and then all of a sudden he's just wandering the woods with a gun.

tags2k
Jul 2, 2004

Dinner parties!
Just watched Magic Christmas Tree and it was amazing. I just hope there's a third Christmas movie with horrendous fire truck noises out there for next year.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm new to rifftrax but I just bought a few of the Harry Potter trax after watching the previews and they are the greatest thing ive seen in quite a while. Seriously excellent work.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Axetrain posted:

I'm new to rifftrax but I just bought a few of the Harry Potter trax after watching the previews and they are the greatest thing ive seen in quite a while. Seriously excellent work.

Highpoint of Goblet of Fire is either the Doctor Who jokes, or Bill's increasingly incomprehensible screaming "HARRY POTTER! HARBRBY POTTBER!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"I've saved the school like five times".

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
The Harry Potter riffs are some of my favorites. I've heard the riff of Goblet of Fire so many times that it doesn't feel right when I see the movie without it.

Then again, I think every Rifftrax is one of my favorites. I don't think I've heard a single bad riff yet. But I'm about to venture into Mike-only territory for the first time and I'm a little nervous. I like the idea of 3 guys going to a movie and making fun of it, because that's the sort of thing I do with my friends.

Just one riffer is more like when a woman asks me to watch a movie with her that I don't want to see at all, but I do it anyway because I want to spend time with that particular lady and I have to pretend like I enjoyed the film if I want to see her again, so I make jokes to myself in order to pass the time. (Look at that giant awful run-on sentence I just made.)

Except that there's no lady in my room right now and it's just me watching Over The Top.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Locutus of Bald posted:

The Harry Potter riffs are some of my favorites. I've heard the riff of Goblet of Fire so many times that it doesn't feel right when I see the movie without it.

Then again, I think every Rifftrax is one of my favorites. I don't think I've heard a single bad riff yet. But I'm about to venture into Mike-only territory for the first time and I'm a little nervous. I like the idea of 3 guys going to a movie and making fun of it, because that's the sort of thing I do with my friends.

Just one riffer is more like when a woman asks me to watch a movie with her that I don't want to see at all, but I do it anyway because I want to spend time with that particular lady and I have to pretend like I enjoyed the film if I want to see her again, so I make jokes to myself in order to pass the time. (Look at that giant awful run-on sentence I just made.)

Except that there's no lady in my room right now and it's just me watching Over The Top.

The rifftrax for Cocktail, The Fifth Element and Road House are some of my favorite rifftrax, so you never know. v :) v

tags2k
Jul 2, 2004

Dinner parties!
How strange - I really struggled through Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny originally because it felt sluggish and trippy in a bad way, but watching it for a second time a year later I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps because I knew what was coming and so didn't have to comprehend the madness, I was just able to listen to the riffs. I'll definitely be pulling that out every Christmas as a tradition. Just a shame nobody will watch it with me :(

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Just got the Magic Christmas Tree as download. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't riff on the first two commercials, but the line "Wow, racism used to come in convenient wind-up form" won me over for terrible, terrible lines to haunt me along with Kevin's joke about his exercise in Warriors of the Wasteland.

tags2k
Jul 2, 2004

Dinner parties!

LP97S posted:

Just got the Magic Christmas Tree as download. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't riff on the first two commercials.

Yeah this was weird, seeing freaky stuff going on on-screen but there being silence from the guys. Although I was quite busy being baffled that the Bash one and Tight Squeeze were ever considered "games" or indeed "fun". Bash was sure to end with the other kid's teeth being knocked out and Tight Squeeze just looks like a very humiliating way to find out which of your friends are the fattest.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

Just watched the Birdemic: Shock and Terror. Great riffing, terrible, terrible movie. made me want to become a climate change denier.
Birdemic is probably my favorite of all time. The movie it just so awful and the riff just makes me cry laughing. How about dinner at a vitnimeesresraunt?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CapnBry posted:

Birdemic is probably my favorite of all time. The movie it just so awful and the riff just makes me cry laughing. How about dinner at a vitnimeesresraunt?

Sowarpanals?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
SO much! :downs:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
The hell is "post"? Keep shooting!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
:downsgun:: My name is Ramses!

:downs:: I'm Rod!

:downsgun: We should go by 'RamRod'!

:downsgun::respek::downs:: Rockin'!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

It was very progressive of James Nguyen to hire a lead actor with a debilitating speech impediment.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Fire, BAD! Stock options, GOOD!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Where's that store that sells instructions on how to walk like a human?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Catching up with the latest Rifftrax and am watching Transformers 3.

What the gently caress am I actually watching? How the hell did somebody get a check for writing this?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

Catching up with the latest Rifftrax and am watching Transformers 3.

What the gently caress am I actually watching? How the hell did somebody get a check for writing this?
I got to the part where Buzz Aldrin shows up in that poo poo movie and turned it off. Transformers 2 & 3 are so bad I can't even watch them while Riffed. Twilight however remains hilarious.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

What the gently caress am I actually watching?

You know when a 4 year old has his toys "fight" and he just frantically slams them together?

Take that, add $400,000,000, and include a 1 hour montage of an obnoxious dickhole job-hunting in an imaginary world of spaced-out lunatics that don't act remotely human.

And then have Leonard Nimoy say "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" for a few extra million.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tony Danza Claus posted:

You know when a 4 year old has his toys "fight" and he just frantically slams them together?

Take that, add $400,000,000, and include a 1 hour montage of an obnoxious dickhole job-hunting in an imaginary world of spaced-out lunatics that don't act remotely human.

And then have Leonard Nimoy say "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" for a few extra million.

So it just ends like that, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

Transformers 2 & 3 are so bad I can't even watch them while Riffed. Twilight however remains hilarious.
I fell asleep during Transformers 3 about the 45 minute mark. Who falls asleep during an action movie at 9pm? You're right, not even the Riff saved it. I think you can sum that movie up in one shot: where they pan across present-day The Moon and the Apollo 11 lunar lander is still on the surface. Not just the descent stage, the whole drat thing. It was like Micheal Bay said "No. People won't know it is the loving moon if we don't have the entire recognizable lunar module there [as if Aldrin and Armstrong had never left]". The Riff wasn't great, but I can't blame the riffers, the movie was just bad in the way that brussel sprouts are bad. You can't really make fun of how bad they are and you just can't enjoy them.

On the other hand, I have purchased Birdemic and am now watching it for the 4th time with the riff going. If you can make it through the opening credits, which seem to last 10-15 minutes, you're in for good times.

What does it take to win your business today? Basic speaking skills? OH OH. (I'll give you that and a 50% discount)

• Locked thread