Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
do you guys remember when scotty asked if kirk rescued him on the dyson sphere but in generations knew that he died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Boner Buffet posted:

do you guys remember when scotty asked if kirk rescued him on the dyson sphere but in generations knew that he died

no because i keep forgetting generations exists because it was a really dumb movie that wasnt fun to watch which makes it the worst kind of dumb

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

woowoo model rocket into the sun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
generations would have been totally redeemed and probably the best star trek movie if they had let kirk's last line be "bridge on the captain"

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

generations would have been totally redeemed and probably the best star trek movie if they had let kirk's last line be "bridge on the captain"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that's not a joke btw he really wanted to say that and did in at least one take but they cut it

william shatner owns

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

william shatner owns

despite being a raging egomaniacal dick, which is damned impressive

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

LooseChanj posted:

despite being a raging egomaniacal dick, which is damned impressive

I think you've earned the right to be a dick when you're CAPTAIN FUCKIN KIRK

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
if you think of generations as a made for tv movie its suddenly not as bad?

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
SyFy presents

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Boner Buffet posted:

Like a two-parter with the cheap sets, the Enterprise not getting wrecked, and taking place in a fever-dream before All Good Things?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all good things owns so hard

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
yeah it was good. future riker was salty as poo poo but aged better than irl frakes in less years

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

there needs to be a tng animated series.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux posted:

there needs to be a tng animated series.

with plots from tng_s8

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Bill gonna gently caress that reporters mom

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

Dear RMS posted:

Bill gonna gently caress that reporters mom

he did, and now that kid's almost old enough to vote.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just watched the hobbit trailer, they're using the exact same lovely overdone color keying as in the previous movies, the goblin caves look like they were filmed outdoors in a land where the sun is blue

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

qirex posted:

outdoors in a land where the sun is blue

nz???

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

you're going to watch it and you're going to love it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

qirex posted:

just watched the hobbit trailer, they're using the exact same lovely overdone color keying as in the previous movies, the goblin caves look like they were filmed outdoors in a land where the sun is blue

no wonder i have blueballs after seeing that trailer

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Boner Buffet posted:

ehhhhh, even for the series it had some titanically huge plot holes. the movie basically hangs on the viewer not actually thinking about what's going on, because once you do, the whole thing falls apart and doesn't make any sense.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

star trek basically hangs on the viewer not actually thinking about what's going on, because once you do, the whole thing falls apart and doesn't make any sense.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

with plots from tng_s8

tng_s8 posted:

A rakish pilot from Beverly’s past steals a dangerous prototype space fighter. Riker’s play ignites a sexual hysteria among the female crew.

tng_s8 posted:

Wesley returns from a trip to discover that the Enterprise crew has been transformed into pigs. Worf is a mean pig.

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

my posting basically hangs on the viewer not actually thinking about what's going on, because once you do, the whole thing falls apart and doesn't make any sense.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

qirex posted:

you go to hell

it's going to rule

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
lotr sucks & is for babies

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Kirk posted:

i dont think babies have the attention span you need to find anything interesting in those 4 hour snorefests

Pussy Gaz0re
Nov 18, 2011

qirex posted:

Yes because now is a good time to suddenly shift art direction in this series the hobbitttt

Pussy Gaz0re
Nov 18, 2011

Kirk posted:

nah... it's p good actuallyly

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Kirk posted:

NINbuntu 64 posted:

i dont think babies have the attention span you need to find anything interesting in those 4 hour snorefests

unironically agree with both

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

BonzoESC posted:

unironically agree with both

ironically agreeing with this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

z0rwegian pussy posted:

Yes because now is a good time to suddenly shift art direction in this series the hobbitttt
Wouldn't they have to have art direction in the first place to shift it? I mean I know they're about as good as you could expect a big Hollywood production of Tolkien to be but goddamn they look so generic.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

Wouldn't they have to have art direction in the first place to shift it? I mean I know they're about as good as you could expect a big Hollywood production of Tolkien to be but goddamn they look so generic.

i think it's because tolkein is as generic as burroughs at this point

on the shelf at the store in repo man with a white label reading FANTASY "LITERATURE"

nerds idolizing a bad rpg quest "take the $ARTIFACT to the $LOCATION because wizards"

ugh gently caress fantasy

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
yaharrrrrr LOTR is a bad movie I expect realistic lighting in my fantasy storybook movie as well as no speaking female roles and a 2 hour tom bombadil interlude

my rear end is pimpled and fat

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Amethyst posted:

2 hour tom bombadil interlude

So glad they cut that poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

BonzoESC posted:

i think it's because tolkein is as generic as burroughs at this point

on the shelf at the store in repo man with a white label reading FANTASY "LITERATURE"

nerds idolizing a bad rpg quest "take the $ARTIFACT to the $LOCATION because wizards"

ugh gently caress fantasy

UGH. fantasy. I'll take starships with audible engines sailing between the stars in a matter of hours thanks

I went to the book store the other day and they had combined scifi into the loving fantasy section. I marched up to that hambeast at the desk and tried to explain to her the difference between the greats like asimov, clarke and stross and the NERDY HACKS like roland tolkein. bitch wasn't interested

• Locked thread