Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

Reading on in that chapter I hope we get to see Basil the Minotaur again.

We did see him pretty recently, when Annie came back from the forest. He'd grown a goatee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I like how http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=547 mirrors http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=36

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
As much as I love Baz's face in the second to last panel, the look on his stylized face just to the left always gets a chuckle out of me:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=30

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Ironic Twist posted:

sound
I had forgotten about how Reynard just had to switch from noble wolf to rear end in a top hat imp because the situation was just too hilarious to not make fun of.

Also if Parley was able to push someone as heavy as Jones out of her room does that mean she is also a robot

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
And since the customary "Read from a random page" thing always results in something nifty: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=592

I love subtle foreshadowing. :allears:

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

1stGear posted:

And since the customary "Read from a random page" thing always results in something nifty: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=592

I love subtle foreshadowing. :allears:

Dammit, I clicked that and started reading the rest of it.
Man, I wish I could redraw the whole thing.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Tea-san posted:

Nah, apart from American-football-head, your art's always been great. It's improved some, but it's always been good enough that you certainly don't need to redo any of the old stuff.

edit: stupid British football ambiguity

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That old knight dude is seriously one of the coolest looking characters in GC. How did you come up with the design Tom?
'

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tea-san posted:

God, it even happens to the dude that draws the comic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zenzirouj posted:

I had forgotten about how Reynard just had to switch from noble wolf to rear end in a top hat imp because the situation was just too hilarious to not make fun of.

Also if Parley was able to push someone as heavy as Jones out of her room does that mean she is also a robot

I love the little bit on the next page between Jones and Reynard

Jones: No he got me them because he is smitten with me.
Reynard: Modest as ever Jones

Also to praise the drat comic even more, no othe webcomic loads as fast per page as this one. It makes reading it on my phone without wifi so nice.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Tea-san posted:

Welcome to our lives.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Tea-san posted:

Never do, it is the endless spiral that so many of us get caught in. Progress is so much better.

gently caress redraws.

VVV oh god what, what have I done now

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 25, 2011

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kojiro posted:

Never do, it is the endless spiral that so many of us get caught in. Progress is so much better.

gently caress redraws.

Hey, you're the person who does the thing!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tea-san posted:

Seeing your art evolve is one of the interesting things about the comic, so don't do that!

But I wouldn't mind redrawn or reimagined versions of occasional early pages as bonus pages in the print versions, just as a sort of comparison. (wink, wink)

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Tea-san posted:

I think really the only place where the art is lacking is the very first chapter. But even then I like how the art style improves as the characters age. At the beginning they're all big headed kids like in a Nickolodeon cartoon but then they get older and become well-drawn proportional human beings. Also redrawing a published work is not a good idea.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

QueerPope posted:

I think really the only place where the art is lacking is the very first chapter. But even then I like how the art style improves as the characters age. At the beginning they're all big headed kids like in a Nickolodeon cartoon but then they get older and become well-drawn proportional human beings. Also redrawing a published work is not a good idea.
Yeah, I think it's a nice parallel evolution, like their perception of the world is maturing. Even if it's not intentional, it works well.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Honestly, as a person with zero artistic knowledge whatsoever, I still don't see a problem with the first chapter. Sure, the style is a bit different, and I definitely loved the progression over the years, but the first chapter was what actually hooked me on the comic in the first place. Even if it's far better now, it was still great then.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Gonna be hard to not think of her as Jonesy from now on. Will also be hard to not hear comments as if said by 40's gangster. "What's with all the questions, Jonesy? Myahh, see"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'An infinitely sharp blade cut him off the floor, no big deal.'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just happened SO STUFF EH

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Zenzirouj posted:

Gonna be hard to not think of her as Jonesy from now on. Will also be hard to not hear comments as if said by 40's gangster. "What's with all the questions, Jonesy? Myahh, see"

She's looking classy enough for it, too. Nice suit, Jonesy.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Wahad posted:

She's looking classy enough for it, too. Nice suit, Jonesy.

Is it bad to find the black and red ensemble very attractive?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

IronSaber posted:

Is it bad to find the black and red ensemble very attractive?

Going by your avatar text...I would be surprised if there was something you didn't find her attractive in.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

LtStorm posted:

Going by your avatar text...I would be surprised if there was something you didn't find her attractive in.

Look, we've discussed this, Eglamore isn't a robot.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder why Jones is visibly concerned about Shadow 2? Surely she has encountered Robot and Shadow 2 before. Also I can't wait to see the eventual flashback featuring Jones and Surma arguing, because I hope Jones is actually angry in that one.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

VanSandman posted:

I wonder why Jones is visibly concerned about Shadow 2? Surely she has encountered Robot and Shadow 2 before.

Because if she encountered them before, it was when Shadow 2 was a shadow, which was as expected. Now he's solid. This is closer to the original form of the glass eyed men, and presumably a cause for concern.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Just a thought: I find it kind of weird that we're five chapters into the fourth book, after this momentous event that put everyone at the court in danger--and this is the first we've seen of any of the adults. Still no Eglamore, still no Anja.

I imagine that when Eglamore and Annie meet again, it's going to be very awkward.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Ironic Twist posted:

I imagine that when Eglamore and Annie meet again, it's going to be very awkward.

What are you talking about? Eglamore's right there.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

mrpwase posted:

What are you talking about? Eglamore's right there.

Stop. This joke has been ran into the ground and firmly ruined through dull repetition. Just stop.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I just got my copy of Volume 3 in the mail. The quality of the printing is fantastic, it's a lot heavier and sturdier than I expected. The coloration is wonderful on it. Ooh, and it's got some extra pics in the back I hadn't seen before, right before the City Face bit. This is excellent, and I can't wait for Vol1 to come back into stock so I can get it and a poster as well. And Vol2 when that snaggle gets worked out!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh look it's Jones. Hi Jones.

e: Because I was so late with this, I'd like to add, way to make three-dimensionality sound like a case of eczema, Shadow.

Phy fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 28, 2011

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Huh. If she can do something interesting by sticking her hand near your head (no idea what yet) it makes a couple pages a lot more interesting...

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=376
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=584

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bobulus posted:

Huh. If she can do something interesting by sticking her hand near your head (no idea what yet) it makes a couple pages a lot more interesting...

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=376
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=584
It looks like she's just feeling his ear, Tom's comment aside.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Edit: Misinterpreted what you wrote

I..guess, but it seems like she is trying to come to a decision, and it's weird that she'd go out of her way (asking him to remove his hood and stuff) just to casually touch his ear.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 28, 2011

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Can't... stop... re-reading... chapters... You fuckers, stop posting pages!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bobulus posted:

Edit: Misinterpreted what you wrote

I..guess, but it seems like she is trying to come to a decision, and it's weird that she'd go out of her way (asking him to remove his hood and stuff) just to casually touch his ear.

Well, presumably she has a purpose to it. She seems to be trying to figure out just what he is now, origin story aside.

Also, I like the 'creak'. More of the old Jones-is-way-too-heavy.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
sooo coyote carves people out of wood using his teeth, then his tooh touches shadow, so shadow is becoming human? cool

i mean i don't know

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Based on the previous comic it would appear that the shadows were originally three dimensional and that over time they faded into the shadows. I wonder if that will make the other shadows jealous of Shadow 2 or resentful. Right now both Robot and Shadow 2 are anomalies among their kind. A robot that wears clothes and talks of an angel and now a shadow that casts it's own shadow.

On a different subject does Kat know that Annie's a fire spirit yet? It seems like she does but may have been explained this off page.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

^ Yeah, they talked about it while hanging out on the roof right after Annie came back and Kat forgave her for being kind of hard to be friends with, sometimes.

So this chapter is apparently about Red getting a name. It occurs to me that we've got two other characters (Robot, Shadow 2) that really need better names, too. Wonder if that will come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Bobulus posted:

So this chapter is apparently about Red getting a name. It occurs to me that we've got two other characters (Robot, Shadow 2) that really need better names, too. Wonder if that will come up.

Robot 2.0 and Shadow 2.0.1.