Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
February 13ish I think, you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Yechezkel posted:

Shuhei Yoshida, also confirms that it's not cancelled, multiple times:

This image amuses me to no end.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Best Buy and Future Shop have a Boxing Day sale on the PS3 Sharpshooter Bundle, which comes with Resistance 3, Killzone 3, the PS Sharp Shooter, and the PS Move for $129.

I want to get Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 anyway, so I figure it's a pretty good deal. I'm interested to find out how playing FPSes with the Move is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh. my. god. Did you guys hear about the Last Guar... ooh, never mind.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Completed Trine 2. Simply an amazing game with great color and some fun co-op potential. Combat was much more fun this time around, though the lack of artifact-items for each character was missed.

Single player it was sort of meh for puzzles, since I cheesed a lot of them I got stuck on, or required 2 players. Worth $15 anyways. Easy plat for those that care.

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

I've got a spare Starhawk beta code if anyone wants it (the one that comes with UC3). As much as I'd love to jump in on it, I won't have the time and would rather see someone else get some use out of it. PM or post if interested.

Done - given away to the lucky man below.
VVVVVV

Urban Achiever fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 23, 2011

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

e: got it, thanks!

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 23, 2011

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So there's a sale on Capcom stuff in the Playstation Store. Stuff I thought to be notable:

quote:

Breath of Fire IV - $5.99 $2.99
Bionic Commando Rearmed - $9.99 $4.99
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - $14.99 $4.99
Dino Crisis 2 - 5.99 $2.99
RE5 DLC Bundle - $12.50 $4.99

The PS1 games might not go on sale until next Tuesday.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Harlock posted:

So there's a sale on Capcom stuff in the Playstation Store. Stuff I thought to be notable:

I can vouch for the RE5 DLC, Dino Crisis 2 and Bionic Commando Rearmed. All are worth those prices. Never played the other ones so I can't speak on it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh cool, guess I'm finally going to buy Rearmed then!

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Code Jockey posted:

Oh cool, guess I'm finally going to buy Rearmed then!

I think this is all the reason you need to pick up Rearmed, especially for that price:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtHTroVWPM

Simon Viklund is pretty great.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Regarding the Starhawk beta, with the code from UC3, when does that one become open?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Regarding the Starhawk beta, with the code from UC3, when does that one become open?

They say they will announced the date that one opens in a few weeks. The closed beta ends on Jan 3rd I believe, I hope the open beta is late jan and early feb. Give me something to do til Kingdoms of Amalur/Twisted Metal/SSX/Mass Effect 3.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Isn't the game actually due out in Feb? I think that would indicate the likely window. Subtract 1 week from launch to determine the last day of open beta / stress test.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ChetReckless posted:

I think this is all the reason you need to pick up Rearmed, especially for that price:

Awesome.

Question: is the last boss renamed Hitler or literally Hitler?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh my bad I think it's set for July. I think I got it mixed up with SSX's date.

Dayewalker
Dec 25, 2002

I drink YOUR milkshake!

ChetReckless posted:

Hell now I'm considering picking it up just based on that track. Is the rest of the soundtrack that good?

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Dayewalker posted:

Hell now I'm considering picking it up just based on that track. Is the rest of the soundtrack that good?

Power Plant is my favourite by a good margin, but the rest of the soundtrack is pretty good, too. A couple more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfy8CEd_50w - Heat Wave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r7TrYZwJ0 - Main Theme

Code Jockey posted:

My horrible secret is that I never finished Rearmed -- I got about halfway and then some other game came out and I forgot about it. :ssh: Rearmed is still good, mind you, though I can't remember the game I was so hot on...

ChetReckless fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 23, 2011

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Dayewalker posted:

The entire soundtrack is incredible. Seriously, get that game, it's amazing, and they patched it to make it much easier for those that don't understand the challenge is half the game. Every goddamn track is amazing. I used to fire it up just to listen to the music.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Code Jockey posted:

Awesome.

It's clearly Hitler, but they never actually call him "Hitler" in the game as far as I recall.

Dayewalker
Dec 25, 2002

I drink YOUR milkshake!

ChetReckless posted:

Power Plant is my favourite by a good margin, but the rest of the soundtrack is pretty good, too. A couple more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfy8CEd_50w - Heat Wave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r7TrYZwJ0 - Main Theme

Well I definitely dig what I've heard of the soundtrack. Now I just have to decide if I would actually enjoy playing the game before I drop $5 on it.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I'm posting this here because it's a rather general problem.

My(launch, or at least close to it) PS3 has stopped reading discs. I know that this mostly means that I have to get the disc drive repaired or replaced but the exact point of where it stopped working was a bit suspicious. It stopped working after I, unsuccessfully, updated Skyrim after putting the ethernet cable in while I was playing. It gave an error and showed the Skyrim icon as a "Corrupted Data" icon. I restarted and it hasn't been able to read any discs since then(the blue light comes on but the little loading orb in the right hand corner doesn't stop twirling). I've tried restoring the files, which every time I execute it says there's something corrupted, but it didn't help. I've back-upped all my files and am now formatting the hard drive. Since the process is taking hours I thought I'd ask if there's any hope or if I'm just wasting my time here.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

SSX keeps looking better and better :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAl-VNeyQNw

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Code Jockey posted:

Awesome.

They call him The Leader. I don't think its as obvious as the original since there is a breathing mask in the way of the stache but its there. I actually bought the soundtrack, and I think my favorite tracks are Killit's hidden treasures (Plays during the secret passageways) and the Intruder song (The boss theme).

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

MUFFlNS posted:

It looks like a perfect marriage of SSX Tricky and SSX3, with oodles more mountain. The rewind feature should be interesting as well.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's weird that all these Bionic Commando Rearmed track have been posted yet no one has posted what was easily my favorite song in the game. It's even better when you hear how different it is from the original while still being the same song.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

MUFFlNS posted:

This looks like so much fun. I'm probably getting this when it comes out. I also hope that this gives Neversoft the hint that making a sports game more realistic doesn't necessarily make it more fun, and that they come out with a new, fun Tony Hawk game.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MUFFlNS posted:

I never played an SSX game after the first one. Did they ever let you start turning while you were holding down X? It annoyed me how I was trying to maintain my speed and maximize my jump, but it would lock me into going straight.

Also, yay Kaori's back.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Jamesman posted:

I never played an SSX game after the first one. Did they ever let you start turning while you were holding down X? It annoyed me how I was trying to maintain my speed and maximize my jump, but it would lock me into going straight.

Also, yay Kaori's back.

I don't think so. But if you held up on the stick, it made your character crouch, and you actually gained speed. I'm not sure how being able to turn while holding X would help you maintain your speed though.

ninja edit: I missed the point of your post

BlindNinja fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 24, 2011

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
At the very least, you needed to hold the button down to charge your jump, and while the button was held, you couldn't move, which meant you couldn't navigate the course. It was pretty frustrating, especially for halfpipes.

Plus, I was very used to Tony Hawk games, where you could hold down the X button and move around freely. So I'd always be trying to hold the button down to always prepare for maximum jump, and I'd just lock myself into a path and gently caress myself up.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Jamesman posted:

At the very least, you needed to hold the button down to charge your jump, and while the button was held, you couldn't move, which meant you couldn't navigate the course. It was pretty frustrating, especially for halfpipes.

Plus, I was very used to Tony Hawk games, where you could hold down the X button and move around freely. So I'd always be trying to hold the button down to always prepare for maximum jump, and I'd just lock myself into a path and gently caress myself up.

Yea, I don't remember that being removed in the following 2 games. It never bugged me, but I never played Tony Hawk much. You didn't have to hold X for very long though to max out your jump (I believe), so as long as you lined up your angle in time, it was never a problem.

TheUkuleleFanboy
Sep 2, 2011
So I've been told Rearmed 2 isn't very good at all. But is it worth five bucks if I really liked the first Rearmed?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Jamesman posted:

It doesn't take more than a second to charge your jump, and then the focus is on pre-winding your spins and flips. This isn't THPS.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

TheUkuleleFanboy posted:

So I've been told Rearmed 2 isn't very good at all. But is it worth five bucks if I really liked the first Rearmed?

The demo turned me off completely, and I loving loved the first one. I would check the demo before putting any money down.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

TheUkuleleFanboy posted:

Depending on who you ask, it's either the WORST GAME EVER MADE (I recall OXM gave it something like 2/10, although their review did say that anyone who liked the original was a brainwashed moron, too) or a bit of a step down from the original. I fall into the latter camp - it's bigger and more varied than the original, but less tightly designed and polished.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
What's the best car racing game that's also the most beautiful car racing game? Doesn't have to be cars. My dad wants a new Podracer-type game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

What's the best car racing game that's also the most beautiful car racing game? Doesn't have to be cars. My dad wants a new Podracer-type game.

So an arcade racing game then. Wipeout HD on PSN is what you want.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

scary ghost dog posted:

I'll second I said come in! in saying that Wipeout HD/Fury sounds perfect.

Also, because it's the series I've had the most fun playing as far as racing games go, I'll ask that you checkout Burnout Paradise, though I'll say it may to fit the bill perfectly. It definitely is very arcade-y, though.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Thirded on Wipeout! Make sure you set the difficulty of the races before you start, the game does get quite hard at times (Still struggling to get some of the trophies and I've had the game since launch).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Harlock posted:

I just checked and all the items seem to have their regular prices.

• Locked thread