Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
You'll get used to it. Congratulations, that is one sexy bike. You made a great second bike decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

FS: Honda CX500 Custom, slight water damage.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

They poured 10w40 over it to keep it moist and tried to direct it towards the road but it just kept heading back to the sea. It's almost like...it knew.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you all to hell!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
^^ haha yeah it's pretty indicative of the life of those things.
people called them the ugly ducklings.
sales floundered.
eventually they all just assumed they were better off dead.

now they're impossibly hard to find.

Also, it looks like a CX 500/650 turbo...???

oh wait no, well... maybe. I can't tell! The seat and rear wheel look like one from the turbo. that front wheel though... and the lack of turbo...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I fully expect that you could stand that bike up, pump the solid saltwater out of the crankcase, replace it with something resembling oil, hook a 12v battery directly to the starter, and after sorting out some mild electrical gremlins, it would happily come back to life and putter around for another 40k.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

I fully expect that you could stand that bike up, pump the solid saltwater out of the crankcase, replace it with something resembling oil, hook a 12v battery directly to the starter, and after sorting out some mild electrical gremlins, it would happily come back to life and putter around for another 40k.

I was gonna say, its probably idling in that picture.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

Take it from someone who had to do exactly that:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/escape/epicrides/122_0104_moscow/index.html

Of course, it helps to bring along someone with fantastic mams to help breeze through customs and checkpoints...

Also, add Deluxe tank, a cheap set of panniers and knobbies, and the world is your oyster:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629625

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Marv Hushman posted:

Take it from someone who had to do exactly that:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/escape/epicrides/122_0104_moscow/index.html

I'd love to catalogue Tania's parts.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Rudager posted:

Although I reckon I'll have to get a screen or something to try and alleviate the buffeting a bit. Or just man up and get used to it.

A screen will be either hilariously ugly large or do nothing. The Z1000 stock screen, for instance, does nothing. But it looks sweet.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

def snow leppard posted:

HAD TA LAYER DAN. WIFE BITCH TOO SCARED TO RIDE NOW. HEHHHH

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I cannot even place what type of Honda that is. :wtf:

Content: What the mechanics put on both Crutchlow's and Edward's bikes last year when they both had broken collarbones.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Silver posted:

From the swingarm it looks like a CBR (RR?), probably just with all custom body work

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

One of the guys I work with got me this actual Readers Digest ad from eBay.

They know me too well

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious
Hi moto guys,

I read pinkbike.com all the time because I ride DH mountain bikes. They have videos up constantly of racing and riding. Is there a moto equivalent of that site that will have vids of offroad dirbike racing and riding? Kind of have the itch to see lots more offroad moto videos.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Silver posted:

04-06 Fireblade.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Defghanistan posted:

Hi moto guys,

I read pinkbike.com all the time because I ride DH mountain bikes. They have videos up constantly of racing and riding. Is there a moto equivalent of that site that will have vids of offroad dirbike racing and riding? Kind of have the itch to see lots more offroad moto videos.

https://www.brotocross.com is a favorite of mine.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Imagine, if you would, a picture of me humping Argh's 690SM. That's what would be posted here, if upsidedown's iPhone had a camera with a flash :argh:

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Imagine, if you would, a picture of me humping Argh's 690SM. That's what would be posted here, if upsidedown's iPhone had a camera with a flash :argh:

What the gently caress you going outside my house (surely the Christmas lights next door were bright enough) - also just message me and I'll lend you the keys

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Bahaha, Goon Year's Eve was just down the road and upsidedown had spotted it on his way.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Uhh, well this isn't right.

Time to expand the stable.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Silver posted:

you're also missing a twink pillion

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Silver posted:

Want that #bieks sticker

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

If you guessed "Monitor for FLIR camera system" you would be correct.

e:from this guys thread

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?304851-I-modified-my-Wing-cat-is-out-of-the-bag/page3

invision fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 2, 2012

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

invision posted:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?304851-I-modified-my-Wing-cat-is-out-of-the-bag/page3

The wiring :gonk::psyboom:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In the Goldwing world thats known as "the stripper model"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

invision posted:

I would ask if having triple redundant satnavs is strictly necessary, but...

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

That bike is gross but you have to admire the effort put into it.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

quote:

Second row, right to previous...same as above for Right Zumo 550....the only difference is this GPS is powered by a dedicated power run from the fuseblock in the trunk. Figure if I lost one GPS from a power issue....my back-up would be fed from a different source.

Backup GPS for the other GPS so he doesn't have to use the GPS that GPS came standard GPS GPS.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Gnaghi posted:

Backup GPS for the other GPS so he doesn't have to use the GPS that GPS came standard GPS GPS.

Goldwing riders scare me sometimes.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I can't help picturing the situation where the unimaginable happens and he loses power to both GPS units, at which point he promptly flips the gently caress out, jumps off the bike and falls down a cliff to his death.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Gnaghi posted:

I can't help picturing the situation where the unimaginable happens and he loses power to both GPS units, at which point he promptly flips the gently caress out, jumps off the bike and falls down a cliff to his death.

That's why there's 3.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

How the gently caress does he ride that thing without dual artificial gyroscopic horizons?

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
It's at this point where I say JUST BUY A loving CAR

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

quote:

The V1 can and will track multiple bogies at one time
/

Just skip the bullshit and go straight to one of these:

Forty Two fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

That bike is gross but you have to admire the effort put into it.

He's a pretty hardcore rally rider, from what I understand. Most of the serious rally competitors run multiple GPS units, and quite a few have auxiliary fuel tanks, massive lighting upgrades and all sorts of electrics.

The super long distance rally guys are their own type of crazy. I admire them for what they can pull off, even if I don't quite want to do it myself.