Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
We'll never actually be told Bro's or Mom's name. They'll just keep being referred to with abbreviations and nicknames.

And nobody will complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Since there's a poo poo load of overlap here, Radiation did a couple tracks for I Miss You - EarthBound 2012.

It is wonderful.

I just want to say that anyone who hasn't clicked this link should do so literally right now. It's magical.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Keatonguy posted:

I just want to say that anyone who hasn't clicked this link should do so literally right now. It's magical.

My phone can't handle magic, so I'll do it later.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

So Bandcamp has a limited number of downloads.. Why, specifically? If it's to cut down on bandwidth, then that doesn't make sense because the act of listening to the music is going to take bandwidth on it's own.

Also, Ro-- Lalonde continues to be the best of the new characters. Although Hussie's teasing of us with the names of the blonde duo is almost getting downright silly at this point. (If these kids really were spawned from the pre-scratch meteors, then they aren't related to each other as ecto-siblings because they were still ecto-clones of themselves.)

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Midnight Raider posted:

So Bandcamp has a limited number of downloads.. Why, specifically? If it's to cut down on bandwidth, then that doesn't make sense because the act of listening to the music is going to take bandwidth on it's own.

Also, Ro-- Lalonde continues to be the best of the new characters. Although Hussie's teasing of us with the names of the blonde duo is almost getting downright silly at this point. (If these kids really were spawned from the pre-scratch meteors, then they aren't related to each other as ecto-siblings because they were still ecto-clones of themselves.)

The limit is only for free downloads. This limit is there because shut up. Shut up is why.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Hikarusa posted:

It's Rock. Rock Lalonde.

Rock is a man's name. It could be Roll though!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Well Manicured Man posted:

The limit is only for free downloads. This limit is there because shut up. Shut up is why.

The limit is there because their business model is about facilitating music sales in exchange for a cut of the profits. They don't collect anything from free downloads (not even ad revenue) so they limit how much of their services they're willing to give away for free.

The fact that it likely discourages :filez: is probably an added bonus, since it may help keep jackbooted RIAA lawyers from kicking their door in.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Midnight Raider posted:

Because Bandcamp's business model is to take a cut from each album sale! If you're looking to sell music, it seems like a nice arrangement both ways - they've handled all of the technical stuff for you, and take 15% of your revenue in exchange for this, but otherwise stay out of your hair entirely. But they don't want people to just dump stuff there for others to download, because they're not set up with ads or with a subscription service or anything else to get any money for providing free downloads. And to be honest, their policy seems really generous (since they do have free streaming and limited free downloads), and I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to go even further to accommodate people who aren't ever going to bring in any money.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
I'm putting in for Rosa Lalonde myself. As for Di Stri, don't forget that it was Ro speaking, and she's notorious for misspelling and doesn't always correct herself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Radiochromatic posted:

I'm putting in for Rosa Lalonde myself. As for Di Stri, don't forget that it was Ro speaking, and she's notorious for misspelling and doesn't always correct herself.

Plus Di-Stri rhymes!

I'm actually specifically hoping it's NOT Rosa, btw. Jade/Jane/Jake are already similar enough without ANOTHER set of annoyingly similar monikers.

Plus Kidmom really does seem like a Roxy.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Princess Di Stri.

I am scared to search tumblr for this.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
TG: *good
TG: *bff
TG: *no wait
TG: *god wuz right
TG: fuckit
TG: *both spellins r true

TG: *somany sweet typos

This made me laugh like a lunatic. RoLal for best new scratch kid.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

haruspex posted:

This made me laugh like a lunatic. RoLal for best new scratch kid.

Yes. Also, the bathtub in hallway and Dad lifting heavy objects are the best gags from early Homestuck.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Lalonde family for life!

For a while I thought bro's name would be Dave as well... since it would be ironic.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Lord of Laughton posted:

Lalonde family for life!

For a while I thought bro's name would be Dave as well... since it would be ironic.

I would totally watch The Adventures of Dave and Dave.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Personally, I continue to be amused by Jane and Dad's under-reaction to these assassination attempts.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Personally, I continue to be amused by Jane and Dad's under-reaction to these assassination attempts.

Well, they can't exactly call the police. I don't think they would believe someone claiming that Betty Crocker was trying to have them killed, especially in this brave new pastry world.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Lord of Laughton posted:

Lalonde family for life!

he also turns out to be a hero of time, there are hundreds of daves and daves loving around everywhere, both daves have davesprites that swap each other's text colors.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I have another 6 weeks to work on this, but I'll post what I have here to see if it's even worthwhile.

I was thinking of characters to put songs to, and after some deliberation, I ended up with di-stri's Auto Responder, which better count as a character because come on.

Very different from the normal feel of my stuff, and most of it was me trying new poo poo, but I said a few days ago that I want to try some new things, and this happened.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I have another 6 weeks to work on this, but I'll post what I have here to see if it's even worthwhile.

I was thinking of characters to put songs to, and after some deliberation, I ended up with di-stri's Auto Responder, which better count as a character because come on.

Very different from the normal feel of my stuff, and most of it was me trying new poo poo, but I said a few days ago that I want to try some new things, and this happened.

This reminds me of the music that would play when your rival showed up in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It definitely fits for the auto-responder considering he seems to take up a sort of adversarial (or at least mischievous) role in the alpha-session cast. Also reminds me of the Alterniabound album, in all the best ways.

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED
Someone on Tumblr threw in their hat for Ro-Lal to be named...... Roes.

I fully support this notion.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I really like how this is turning out already, and yeah, the Pokemon rival feel to it is really fitting.

The looping, though, is sort of getting to me. While the looping is totally logical for an auto-responder's theme, it's probably gonna lose you points overall unless you find some way to differentiate the second run, probably by using what you have as a basis and adding more to it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Rosaline Lalonde. Rosa?

a debaser
May 9, 2008
I hope it's Rozz because that increases the potential for Frasier jokes by about 413%.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Anyhow, Homestuck for the Holidays is the only album set up with All rights reserved, while the others are, under Creative Commons, allowed to be Shared and Remixed, so here goes. :toot:
I'll add Homestuck for the Holidays once I get an answer back from the Homestuck-Gaiden people.

The Files are split up, because not everyone can download a huge thing in one go without something loving up, but they're not .001, .002 files, each one is independent, so if you only want a few songs, then you only need to download the .7z with the songs you want.

And I hope I didn't screw up any of the links.

Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music Bandcamp Page.
Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music 01-10 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music 11-20 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music 21-30 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music 31-40 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Land of Fans and Music 41-53 (flac)

Homestuck Gaiden - Jailbreak Vol. 1 Bandcamp Page.
Homestuck Gaiden - Jailbreak Vol.1 01-10 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Jailbreak Vol.1 11-20 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Jailbreak Vol.1 21-30 (flac)

Homestuck Gaiden - Tomb of the Ancestors Bandcamp Page.
Homestuck Gaiden - Tomb of the Ancestors 01-08 (flac)
Homestuck Gaiden - Tomb of the Ancestors 09-16 (flac)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Random Ro__ Lalonde thought:

We still don't know what was up with Rose's mom or that Skaianet lab near her house that had ectobiology equipment and a little kid bed and stuff.

Would it be a fun twist if Ro__ and Mom had somehow been communicating across the ether using Science?

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So here's an interesting thing I noticed:

Prospit has a religion, but who do they worship?

The kids who have the potential to become gods, of course!

So... why are they fighting against each other, if they worship the same gods?
Here's my explanation for the Derse/Prospit conflict:

The two planets are very much isolated from each other in the incipisphere, so the Dersites and Prospitians rarely get a chance to meet. Since their planets are city-globes the one planet they have as a resource for survival is Skaia, where they have their farms. They are competing for the same resource.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Lady of the Beech posted:

Here's my explanation for the Derse/Prospit conflict:

The two planets are very much isolated from each other in the incipisphere, so the Dersites and Prospitians rarely get a chance to meet. Since their planets are city-globes the one planet they have as a resource for survival is Skaia, where they have their farms. They are competing for the same resource.

That's just window-dressing, as much part of the illusion as the chess aesthetic itself. Even the King and Queen thing is sort of a built-in form, rather than an organically-arising monarchy - Prospit and Derse exist to provide backdrop of an epic war of good and evil for the players, a pantomime to help illustrate the importance of their quest. If there is the appearance of a resource-war, it's only to help sell this illusion to players and make it easier for them to understand and undertake the roles they're meant to play.

One of the weirdest aspects of the game is just how much of it exists purely for the development of the desired sort of players into the desired sort of products. Many things are tailored to the players themselves and their particular personalities and needs, but all of it exists just to ensure that they do what they're intended and create a new universe. Even if you pulled out Lord English by the roots you'd still be left with a rather terrible, manipulative, coercive experience masquerading as the indifferent means of universe reproduction.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
That would be the reason why the two peoples are designed the way they are for the purposes of the game. I'm just trying to find a reason for their war as if the Incipisphere were a real place and not a product of game design.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The Adventures of Ronk and Dilp.

KoB
May 1, 2009

That would be the reason why the two peoples are designed the way they are for the purposes of the game. I'm just trying to find a reason for their war as if the Incipisphere were a real place and not a product of game design.

Even the kids and guardians were created basically for the game (if it didnt exist, neither would they), the universe doesnt exist without the previous game. Everything is based on Sburb, in my opinion its all inevitable.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

He's not a real character! He's a pair of glasses! Robots dont have feelings!

Bobulus posted:

Random Ro__ Lalonde thought:

We still don't know what was up with Rose's mom or that Skaianet lab near her house that had ectobiology equipment and a little kid bed and stuff.

Would it be a fun twist if Ro__ and Mom had somehow been communicating across the ether using Science?

If you look back in the SkaiaNet lab, Rose's Mom's skaia-monitoring computer has a window that shows an eight-planet session of Sburb. This thing has pretty obviously been being set up for a long time. There's still a lot of mystery involving the guardians that we don't know about, like how did Jade's Grandpa get to the medium and back?

I think it's possible that something like that is gonna happen and we'll see the kids sending technology and information to the B1 guardians at some point if it hasn't already happened.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

KoB posted:

Even the kids and guardians were created basically for the game (if it didnt exist, neither would they), the universe doesnt exist without the previous game. Everything is based on Sburb, in my opinion its all inevitable.

This all feels like one great collective attempt to stabilize a time loop. They all end up creating Sburb in order to stabilize the fact that they were in it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This all feels like one great collective attempt to stabilize a time loop. They all end up creating Sburb in order to stabilize the fact that they were in it.

That would jib pretty well with Hussie's desire to create origin myths.

We saw it already with Pickle Inspector subdividing into quarks and powering the universe, and the actual "players create their post-game universe" thing.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You know the hypothesis that English would get stuck eating the same universes forever?

What if that's been going on? :tinfoil:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Level Slide posted:

You know the hypothesis that English would get stuck eating the same universes forever?

What if that's been going on? :tinfoil:

He has to eat each subsequent universe faster than his past self, thats why the games arent going right and Scratch is needed to prep them to (barely) make the next universe.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I wonder if Colonel Sassacre will become at all relevant.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kind of wonder about the nature of John and Jane's Dad, considering if we follow previous speculation he would be the actual son of the other in each of their respective sessions (Unless we learn something completely different in Jane's session). I do not think he would be the completely same character between those two sessions.

Or I could be a loving idiot and be completely wrong. Either way.

Also, I would like to think that if the purpose of the game is to create a stable time loop (Which, given the nature of paradox space, seems kinda likely), then the real winning condition would be to lose, so to speak.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

my conjecture is that the purpose of the game is ultimately to create itself, which is a condition it cannot lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel
May 2, 2009

This morning and while SA I was down I picked up Famitracker and taught myself how to use it. I'd never made music before or transposed anything, nor actually read a sheet of music in over four years, but I think this turned out pretty neat :3:

I made a NES version of Beatdown I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9p9gXOiZEU&hd=1