Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dead Alice posted:

Starts about halfway through this, has also been used in Batman Forever (I think?).

It's Kashmir by Led Zeppelin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005
Kicking ass and taking names
Heard an awesome groovy jazz song last night, but didn't catch the name right. The title of the song/slash album was something like "Ten Ten Dale" by what I think was someone with the last name Worrell. Pretty vague but I need to hear it again!

Metratron
May 7, 2007
I would love to know the song that's in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfk-IsaXm2U&list=FLE5mU9_2EcwggH84USCtPfQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Also, if there's anything similar, please point me in that direction.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4coGerRh4ZI!

23:08, and 33:00

Any idea what these two tracks are? Any help much appreciated!

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

One Swell Foop posted:

Fire Flame by Birdman (it was in one of the comments on the video).

Thanks. Sorry, I do normally check the comments before asking. Must have slipped through :(

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance
I'm looking for the name of a Joe Jackson song wherein Joe bangs on a piano while screaming profanities.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
This request's a little different - pretty much the inverse of this thread - but it's been driving me insane since I got the album as a Christmas present: where the hell have I heard this song before?

It's the Vaillance Polka section of the second track of Strict Tempo by Richard Thompson (track 2 in this amazon link). I'm sure I've heard it repeated in either an online game or a website or something, and it's driving me crazy trying to remember where.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

I have heard a really good instrumental over the last couple of days but I can not find it for the life of me. Its quite slow paced,pretty basic - just a guitar and some drums I think, and I always mistake the beginning for Take A Look Around by Limp Bizkit, the one they did for MI:2. I'm afraid that's all I have!

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Fyuz posted:

I have heard a really good instrumental over the last couple of days but I can not find it for the life of me. Its quite slow paced,pretty basic - just a guitar and some drums I think, and I always mistake the beginning for Take A Look Around by Limp Bizkit, the one they did for MI:2. I'm afraid that's all I have!

Probably not it but this thread has a pretty low success rate at the moment so I'll just throw out a wild guess and say to look up John Frusciante, it might have been something he did.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Suspicious Dish posted:

This is where production music gets complicated. Parts of the APM library have been sold off to other companies at various parts in time. In fact, not all of the KPM library is at APM, parts of it are at PLAY. Try using the Database Search at their site and see if that helps you.

EDIT: Note that sometimes, production music companies may remove tracks from their library if the licensees request exclusive ownership of a track. This way, it guarantees that a track will be associated with a company or product.

Dredging this up, but even more confusingly, when libraries are sold or split up they sometimes rename the songs which is incredibly frustrating. You can find the same song split over several libraries with diffirent names.

A good example everyone knows is the 'Always Sunny' theme song by Heinz Kiessling. When it was originally written and released it was known as Haute Couture. The current distributor is Extreme Music and they call it Temptation Sensation. This can make tracking down already hard to find music difficult.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Is naming commercial music a job, because that's what I want to be when I grow up.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

Fyuz posted:

I know what you're talking about, I think—I must have heard it on a commercial and only watch Hulu, does that help anyone?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Admiral BJ posted:

Heard an awesome groovy jazz song last night, but didn't catch the name right. The title of the song/slash album was something like "Ten Ten Dale" by what I think was someone with the last name Worrell. Pretty vague but I need to hear it again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQaUNeErVM

Many versions of this exist. I prefer the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra one.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Tenterhooks posted:

I'm looking for a piece of music (actually there might be more than one) that would stereotypically accompany a 'shopping spree' montage in a movie. I have vague jazz-band like melodies in my head but I can't pin one down precisely. Is there a definitive, fast paced, New Yorky, shopping tune, or am I just mixing up several pieces of music that might've been used in such scenes? Think Rhapsody In Blue but, y'know, more 'let's hit the town'.

Easiest ones (the Ren & Stimpy show nailed almost all of the common ones):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOZu3NiBjBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYDFyEAESTE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHej-cvjso4&feature=related

Or check out this album:

http://totalrod2.blogspot.com/2008/11/kitschorama-jet-set-library-music-from.html

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
I'm going from memory here, but Morning Jaunt by Phillip Green should fit particularly well with a shopping spree scene. Perhaps it's another Green cue i'm thinking of.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Some site once posted a few albums of muzak called things like Productivity, it was made to be piped over loudspeakers into offices and on factory floors to make people work better. Wish I could find it because those were perfect

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005

baka kaba posted:

Some site once posted a few albums of muzak called things like Productivity, it was made to be piped over loudspeakers into offices and on factory floors to make people work better. Wish I could find it because those were perfect

There were several services like this, the best known and highest quality in my opinion was the Seeburg 1000 system.

The factory floor productivity music was the 'Industrial' series, also my favourite.

You can listen for free here: http://www.seeburg1000.com/

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011
Normally I'm pretty decent at finding songs, but a couple of recent ones have eluded me. I was in a Spanish class today and there were two songs playing that I really liked, but I could barely make out the lyrics; people were talking over them. :(

The first song was slightly fast-paced and I don't want to say techno, but it had that kind of vibe. The two most distinctive things I can recall were 1) this really even 'thump thump thump' drum beat in the background that continually played throughout the whole song, and 2) a line in the chorus that sounded like "cuántos más". There was also a part near the latter half of the song where the chorus (or that line, at least) gets really firm, I guess? Like, the dude is singing and then the beat drops and he enunciates the words like "CUÁN. TOS. MÁS." Not long after that, it ended.

The second song was more upbeat. I distinctly remember a part where the guy goes "oh Oh OH Oh oh" like, up three notes and then back down the first two (and then continues with the "oh"s). I also heard lyrics that sounded like "puedo me besas" (:psyduck:) and "escucha".

I suspected this second song was by Enrique Iglesias (it sounds kinda like his style, and I know my teacher likes him) but I couldn't match him with what I heard so I don't think it was him.

These have been bugging me ALL DAY LONG.

USS Kobayashi Issa fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 7, 2012

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
This is so embarrassing to ask, but… Today, I heard Pete Wentz's Hits & Misses on Hits 1 on Sirius XM while I was working out. The very last song was a remix of some other song. The artist even said what the original artist and track were, but I figured, "gently caress it, it's Top 40," and I stupidly didn't write down either. Anyway, the track seems like an excellent workout track. It aired at about 11:00 PM Pacific tonight (well, last night, technically). Did anyone catch the title & artist? I Shazammed it twice, but apparently it's the song's premiere, so Shazam was no help.

EDIT:
Took a while, but I found it! "Original Don (Black Cards Remix)" by Major Lazer. Thanks, man!

CloseFriend fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 15, 2012

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

CloseFriend posted:

This is so embarrassing to ask, but… Today, I heard Pete Wentz's Hits & Misses on Hits 1 on Sirius XM while I was working out. The very last song was a remix of some other song. The artist even said what the original artist and track were, but I figured, "gently caress it, it's Top 40," and I stupidly didn't write down either. Anyway, the track seems like an excellent workout track. It aired at about 11:00 PM Pacific tonight (well, last night, technically). Did anyone catch the title & artist? I Shazammed it twice, but apparently it's the song's premiere, so Shazam was no help.

Check here: http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php?artist=&title=&channel=2&month=1&date=8&shour=&sampm=&stz=&ehour=&eampm=

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So at one point I had a variation of Damien Rices song Rootless Tree; it was live, good quality, and far and away the best version of Rootless Tree I'd ever heard. It was a much more intense version of the song, to the point where he is literally screaming the chorus, its hauntingly beautiful. In any event I lost it somehow and cannot for the life of me find that version and was hoping someone might be able to tell me where/when it was played.

Go figure, I'm almost positive this was it (it's been months since I heard it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPINou78m8.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 13, 2012

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Looking for a song for a friend. She describes it pretty badly: "It's a guy and he's like in denial about being broken up - I can't remember any lyrics. He goes to a restuarant and then has to deal with the fact hes alone. These arent the right words but he says something like you can ask how I am and I'm gonna say I'm okay but you're always on my mind. It was on the radio when I got in the car."

e: It's Gavin DeGraw - Not Over You. My google is strong.

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 14, 2012

Aceofhz
Sep 9, 2011
Looking for a sort of lounge remix(cant remember by who) of Buttons by Sia. Had this huge lounge collection which got lost in a hard drive crash and i cant seem to find it again. Can anyone help me out?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
All I know about this song is that it's probably relatively recent, and it has a line in it that goes "Forever and ever and ever". It sounds kinda like a mix of Sugar Ray and Rilo Kiley. The guy's voice sounds a lot like Mark McGrath.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
There is a song, I want to say it's Coldplay, but at the start there are some violins playing, then a guy sings. I know this is pretty vague, but it is a popular song. I know the word "world" is in the lyrics I can never understand the guy singing because of his accent. Or he might not have an accent. It might also be Bono or Sting.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

b0nes posted:

There is a song, I want to say it's Coldplay, but at the start there are some violins playing, then a guy sings. I know this is pretty vague, but it is a popular song. I know the word "world" is in the lyrics I can never understand the guy singing because of his accent. Or he might not have an accent. It might also be Bono or Sting.

Coldplay - Viva La Vida?

Edit: VVV Eh, it's pretty much Coldplay's biggest song, I would say, and you did name them. Also "world" is in the first line. :shobon:

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 16, 2012

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

HoldYourFire posted:

Coldplay - Viva La Vida?

That is it that was amazing thanks!

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I heard a song over the PA while I was walking into work today that I heard as a kid but can't remember at all. I'm terrible at identifying lyrics, but it had a woman singer who was singing at about 100bpm in eighth notes something like this:

something human psycho right and all my something heeeeeeeeeealed

I'm pretty sure that these are not remotely close to the actual lyrics. I'm pretty sure that the song was mid-90s, and it would definitely have been played on the radio. Some kind of poppish rock thing? I only heard the part where she was singing and I don't think there were instruments under it.

crazyfish fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 17, 2012

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
Requesting not a song, but an album that I'm sure I've got somewhere on my HD. The cover art was of a beach, or something (It was blue and had water, I know that much) and I believe it had a couple lying down on the sand. The genre had to be chillwave or ambient-whatever or something like that. I'm also certain that it was released in the 2010's.

Sorry if I'm a bit bland in my description but hey, I've got no clue.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Sir Xiphos posted:

Requesting not a song, but an album that I'm sure I've got somewhere on my HD. The cover art was of a beach, or something (It was blue and had water, I know that much) and I believe it had a couple lying down on the sand. The genre had to be chillwave or ambient-whatever or something like that. I'm also certain that it was released in the 2010's.

Sorry if I'm a bit bland in my description but hey, I've got no clue.

Don't completely match your description but it could be Kisses - Kisses.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008

Steve Holt! posted:

Don't completely match your description but it could be Kisses - Kisses.

That ain't it I'm afraid.

A name came to mind for some reason. Washed Out. If anything the cover art kind of looked like Life of Leisure's, but blue.

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007

Tobias, have you been flogging Simpsons prop replicas on the internet again?
I'm actually after a song from a videogame, but youtube is no help and my 64 is busted. It's from Yoshi's Story, and i want to say it's either a sewer or night time level. It's all drums and vocals, really throaty grunty stuff that sounds like "Purple purple HOP fruit, hop fruit oahhh" and so on and so forth.

Yeah, i'm not really expecting a result on this one.

Nevermind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZs95vhS2Y&feature=related

Not Evans fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 18, 2012

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I'm looking for a song that has the line "I neveeeeer" in it, possibly as a backing vocal in a final chorus or something? I don't think it's part of a longer lyric, just "I neveeeer... I neeeveeer..."

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

Popcorn posted:

I'm looking for a song that has the line "I neveeeeer" in it, possibly as a backing vocal in a final chorus or something? I don't think it's part of a longer lyric, just "I neveeeer... I neeeveeer..."
The Killers- Mr- Brightside?

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Tingles posted:

The Killers- Mr- Brightside?

That's the one! Man, I haven't heard this song in years. I don't even like it much, but I've had that 'neverrrr' bit stuck in my head for weeks and it was driving me nuts.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: didn't read Sir Xiphos' request properly, for the record I thought it was Causers Of This by Toro y Moi but that's nothing close to a blue beach scene with a couple on the sand, I'll try again

Venomous fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 19, 2012

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!
Trying to find a florence and the machine song. Might be off their new album but I'm not sure. Dont remember the lyrics but I know its a slower song and has an acoustic guitar in it. For those who have any musical ability, its in the key of D...I'm pretty sure the basic chord progression goes D, A, Bm, G...or it might be D, Bm, G, A. I'm not too sure

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Looking for a guitar instrumental. Very clean guitar (Telecaster?), with one "verse" done on pedal steel or B-bender. No drums or bass (or at least not prominent). Not surf. Probably 60s. I think I've heard it in a movie. I heard it in a Moe's so it's at least popular enough to get on muzak.

edit: as soon as I hit Submit, it occurred to me that the movie I had heard it in was a Mike Judge film, and IMDB led me to Buck Owens' "Buckaroo", which was used in "Idiocracy".

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 20, 2012

Orv
May 4, 2011
The song in question is here (hit Segement 6 down in the right hand side of the player), the snare and trumpet from 5:34 to 5:45. I've heard it before, and for some reason my brain is associating it with Pendulum, but clearly I'm insane.

E: V - Fantastic, thank you! Can't believe I forgot about Groove Armada.

Orv fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Orv posted:

The song in question is here (hit Segement 6 down in the right hand side of the player), the snare and trumpet from 5:34 to 5:45. I've heard it before, and for some reason my brain is associating it with Pendulum, but clearly I'm insane.

Groove Armada - At The River
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-uztVX6QFQ