Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

pandaK posted:

Do you have java downloaded

Javascript is not Java.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Insane Totoro posted:

Whew! Doesn't work in Chrome!

Worked for me in Chrome.

drat you there goes my friday afternoon!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Here's a better one I just made. It will figure out the max one instead of it being hard coded (but only if you're on gunnerkrigg.com) http://randomgunnerkrigg.herokuapp.com/

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Better idea, just re-read the entire archive every single day. You can't lose!

GotGoose
Jun 6, 2011
You have to be on http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/ before it will work. Also chrome strips the java script: out, so you'll have to add it back in.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I have decided this thread is not nearly terrible enough.

I made this a few months ago. For some reason.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Well now I have to rate this thread as '1'. Thanks a lot

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
The Foley classes sure just got a lot more interesting! Wonder if the teacher's in on it, too.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I think I now see why Tom enjoyed drawing this chapter so much, the ethereal stuff is the best.
And look, they're clapping. :3:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I always love the art done for the blinkerstone pages. It's just so pretty.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I did not see that coming! I feel as dumb as Fry...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ugh, should've seen that coming.

I've been much more silent in classes if I could project into a magical ether party too. (Although I've have gotten absolutely nothing done)

I wonder what the teacher thinks of all of this.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 9, 2012

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The teacher seems to be ex-forest too, so I assume she knows.

It must be pretty skilled for these people to do this etheric stuff while working at the same time. Actually I suspect that this is actually what this class is training.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

OK this is fantastic.

Also, looks like the teacher is the one with the pinkish hair and a blue mark on her cheek in a very conspicuous place. Perhaps she had a run-in with Jeanne too? (And has blue blood. Interesting.)

[Edit] Nevermind that's not the teacher, she's got a student uniform on. Derp.

It's also pretty impressive that the students can mess around in the fancy magic world while still typing on their computers and paying attention to some complex school stuff in the real one. Meanwhile we've only ever seen Annie kinda zone out into zombie mode whenever she goes aetherial. I guess these Foley folks are all REALLY good at multitasking.

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 9, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

It's also pretty impressive that the students can mess around in the fancy magic world while still typing on their computers and paying attention to some complex school stuff in the real one. Meanwhile we've only ever seen Annie kinda zone out into zombie mode whenever she goes aetherial. I guess these Foley folks are all REALLY good at multitasking.

Either that, or they are just pretending to pay attention and their teacher is in on it.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Waffnuffly posted:

Also, looks like the teacher is the one with the pinkish hair and a blue mark on her cheek in a very conspicuous place. Perhaps she had a run-in with Jeanne too? (And has blue blood. Interesting.)

I don't think so - the hair doesn't match, check the last page. I'd say that's more likely the student sitting behind Annie, who has that mark on her physical face too. Not sure what it is, though.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Pardot posted:

Here's a better one I just made. It will figure out the max one instead of it being hard coded (but only if you're on gunnerkrigg.com) http://randomgunnerkrigg.herokuapp.com/

gently caress you it's 8:20 in the morning.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I don't think so - the hair doesn't match, check the last page. I'd say that's more likely the student sitting behind Annie, who has that mark on her physical face too. Not sure what it is, though.

Yeah, I think it's a fairy mark. It seems to be glowing in the same way Blue(?)'s dots are glowing.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I totally forgot about those fairy marks, so that's probably what it is. But it does look oddly narrow and sword-slice-like for that, so we'll see!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Took me forever to notice the grey outlines of Annie and others at the bottom.

I can see why Tom loved drawing this chapter--he drew fairies before Gunnerkrigg even began.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I like how the magic glowing spirit haircuts are apparently a thing for everyone. I'd been assuming all this time that it was a stylistic fire-theme thing just for Annie.

Ragtimey
May 6, 2009
I'm always sad in stories where all the fantastic creatures pack up and leave or worse, become mundane as the world becomes all rational and mundane around them. I guess I'm just a sentimental dork, but finding out the magic's been there all along makes me really happy.

I don't know if there's going to be a tragic turn or anything, but at least for this page I feel like I'm five again. And I'm loving it. :3:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pardot posted:

Curse you! I've lost an hours time already.

Love the twist today. Glad the forest people are happy to be at the court and are among friends.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Pardot posted:

It put me at the start of the best chapter, A Ghost Story, and now oh hey last half-hour where did you go

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

QueerPope posted:

Considering taking this; I've been sporting Scary Gamzee for way too long. Suggestions for title text?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

loquacius posted:

Considering taking this; I've been sporting Scary Gamzee for way too long. Suggestions for title text?

There's no need for title text — look at it!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rasamune posted:

There's no need for title text — look at it!

I like having title text, though :saddowns:

Something along the lines of "i don't hate anyone" would be an obvious candidate, but I keep getting silly urges to write something about a cyber-wired bundle of joy instead (warning: terrible South Park fanart in video, but the song is cute). There's probably something wrong with me.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm looking at that and I'm just seeing a :) for the text.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

loquacius posted:

How about "I like sweets! :)"

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Avatar talk inspired me! It was a fun way to waste an hour. Feel free to take any of them. Coyote with the moon is my favorite. :)

Edit: I just realized the animated ones are too big, so I tried to optimize them as best as I could. I'll leave the originals up for those of you who are better at this sort of thing.

Diet Conan Doyle fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 10, 2012

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Avatar talk inspired me! It was a fun way to waste an hour. Feel free to take any of them. Coyote with the moon is my favorite. :)

These ones are awesome.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I'LL TELL YOU HOW I BIN! I BIN JUNK!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Awesome Avatar Stuff

Whelp, I think I might have to go for a GK avatar now.

Really brilliant stuff.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Wow, I want this one badly, but I just got shadow 2.

Should have waited.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wow, I want this one badly, but I just got shadow 2.

Should have waited.

But Shadow is so cute! Hopefully he's in the comic more so I can make more cute avatars with him.

I know how you feel, though. If I weren't flat broke, I'd have snatched that Coyote up in a heartbeat. But it was fun to make.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Thinking about getting this. Any ideas for text? Maybe "Shadows with jealous eyes, always watching"

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Wonderful avatars

It's times like this that I wish I didn't love my Mahler avatar so very much.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

But Shadow is so cute! Hopefully he's in the comic more so I can make more cute avatars with him.

I know how you feel, though. If I weren't flat broke, I'd have snatched that Coyote up in a heartbeat. But it was fun to make.

I hear you. Upside-down Red has the greatest expression. "I bin junk!" indeed.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

It's times like this that I wish I didn't love my Mahler avatar so very much.

Haha, nice replacement! Did someone buy that for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Kojiro posted:

Haha, nice replacement! Did someone buy that for you?

Hahaha yeah! I wouldn't have replaced it myself, so I guess someone did what had to be done.

Thanks to whoever bought it for me! :)