Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Really hoping this version of Dad is also active during this universe's session. Everything being changed or flipped around in this universe just makes it stand out more how Dad is exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So assuming Ro La is in fact <Hero> of Void, I'm beginning to suspect Void's shtick is self destructive tendencies and the overcoming thereof? It has been said that the roles were picked to challenge the players. Equius failed to overcome his.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of... if Jane's dreamself did the lifey thing and is still alive, but her Prospit tower is destroyed, does that mean she'll next wake up on an unprototyped battlefield?

Dream towers and prototyping towers are different things.

As far as we've seen, no prototyping towers exist at all in this session.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is this the first reference to the prison adventure AH made?

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

Dizz posted:

Is this the first reference to the prison adventure AH made?

Jailbreak? Ha ha no. There's been hundreds of references made to Jailbreak already, like Jade and Jane's disappearing pumpkins.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Silva posted:

Jailbreak? Ha ha no. There's been hundreds of references made to Jailbreak already, like Jade and Jane's disappearing pumpkins.
That, and the appearifiers responsible for same.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Silva posted:

What pumpkins?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Don't forget the suicide stump.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nooo...Alterna-Dad... :ohdear:

YAY! ALTERNA-DAD! :neckbeard:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If you haven't brought a semi-potent demidog to the table, you might as well just get out because Iron Dad just doesn't give a gently caress

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Prison Warden posted:

Dream towers and prototyping towers are different things.

As far as we've seen, no prototyping towers exist at all in this session.

Dang, you're right. I didn't really catch that in the EOA6p1 flash, but the suggestion is extraordinarily strong that there will be no prototypings at all in this session.

Makes sense from a storytelling perspective. We've had just about all the prototyping based reader tension we can deal with.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bec's prototyping seems to be about the upper limit on "how badly can a prototyping gently caress poo poo up" anyway. Maybe they could throw Davesprite in a kernel, that'll make for an entertaining afternoon.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The only one who could benefit from prototyping is the White Queen anyway, considering the Black Queen's been disposed and the new (Troll) boss probably couldn't use the ring anyway. Since the WQ is on the kids' side it probably doesn't matter if she gets prototyped or not.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The only one who could benefit from prototyping is the White Queen anyway, considering the Black Queen's been disposed and the new (Troll) boss probably couldn't use the ring anyway. Since the WQ is on the kids' side it probably doesn't matter if she gets prototyped or not.

The kings get prototyped, too.

Although if there's no prototyping, that means the battlefield never expands, so Black never gets the forces needed to defeat White, so no Reckoning, so no meteors? Hmmmm...

KoB
May 1, 2009

Walliard posted:

Although if there's no prototyping, that means the battlefield never expands, so Black never gets the forces needed to defeat White, so no Reckoning, so no meteors? Hmmmm...

This depends on how the session handles the original kids having already prototyped.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Walliard posted:

Come to think of it, if the Post-Scratch kids really came from the Pre-Scratch meteors, then there is no need for any new meteors. But with the Batterwitch at the helm of Derse, I doubt they'd truly need a prototyped battlefield to combat Prospit if they were really intent on doing so.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Midnight Raider posted:

But with the Batterwitch at the helm of Derse, I doubt they'd truly need a prototyped battlefield to combat Prospit if they were really intent on doing so.

Especially when you consider the Crockerbots from the latest flash.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fagtastic posted:

Dang, you're right. I didn't really catch that in the EOA6p1 flash, but the suggestion is extraordinarily strong that there will be no prototypings at all in this session.

Makes sense from a storytelling perspective. We've had just about all the prototyping based reader tension we can deal with.
Double-prototype Davesprite and Bro's corpse, get Brospritesprite

Alternatively, prototype the autoresponder with Bro's corpse, get an awesome Brosprite

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
But... I like the prototyping... I wanted to see AutoResponderSprite...

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Someone earlier had an idea of prototyping both Auto-Responder and the (eventual remains of) Brobot, to give a real full mechanical Strider.

What I'd like to see is seeing the robot Squarewave and Sawtooth both prototyped to create the ultimate two-headed rapping robot.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Bec's prototyping seems to be about the upper limit on "how badly can a prototyping gently caress poo poo up" anyway. Maybe they could throw Davesprite in a kernel, that'll make for an entertaining afternoon.

I still contend that the worst thing you could do would be prototype the White Queen's ring.

Positive feedback loop of infinite power for the Black King and Queen.

Of course, you could only do this if you somehow got the ring out of the session and back to Earth, which is possible, but tricky.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Is it strange that despite the artwork I always imagined Dad having a sleek sculpted combover?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Most important revelation of the past few pages was that Derse has trashy supermarket checkout tabloids.

PROSPIT GODBRATS SHANKED IN BED
Daring And Extremely Fashionable Perpetrator Still At Large
Not A Single gently caress To Be Given Dersewise

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Seoinin posted:

Most important revelation of the past few pages was that Derse has trashy supermarket checkout tabloids.

PROSPIT GODBRATS SHANKED IN BED
Daring And Extremely Fashionable Perpetrator Still At Large
Not A Single gently caress To Be Given Dersewise

"White Queen's 13th Plastic Surgery Visit!
Holding On For Dear Life!
Her Last Days? We Hope So!"

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Lady of the Beech posted:

Is it strange that despite the artwork I always imagined Dad having a sleek sculpted combover?

See I never thought of him having anything under the hat, like his head just ended. Like how he has no face. His head actually being a completely smooth egg is close enough, though.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Tollymain posted:

Also, can somebody help me? How do the sizes of hoodies on What Pumpkin work out? I want to buy one for a friend who usually wears large shirts.

This is a bit late, but if I were you I'd buy one size up. You don't want them to be too snug. I personally like to drown in the things, they make great cold-weather sleepwear that way.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I love how the derse and prospit papers simply describe the deaths of the kids as DEAD.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Since Dad was biologically Nanna's son, I always envisioned him in a state of "Having hair" as opposed to "Not having hair", since we might have a vague idea of what his hair would actually be like. (Of course, unlike his son/brother/mother/etc I figured he would in fact have some neat and trim combover or other such sleeker and more businessman-esque 'do, to fit his profession and also neatly fit under the hat.)

Somehow my headcanon clung to this even though his sprite in the grimdark flash looked bald, since I wondered if Hussie had just been in too much of a hurry to edit a hairdo onto the sprite once de-hatted. But now that we've seen him sans-hair in the comic's real style(although now he looks like a lightbulb when de-hatted and from the back), I guess we might have to assume baldness. (Or just really short hair, since adults seem to universally have white hair in HS.)

I guess all that shaving cream might be more than just for his face!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

Since Dad was biologically Nanna's son,

We don't actually know this for 100% sure! Nanna is described as starting a family, but not having a son specifically- he could be adopted. In fact, this kind of looks to be the case with his seemingly identical appearance in the post-Scratch universe but honestly who knows.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Wild guess: Colonel Sassacre is old Dad.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Wild guess: Colonel Sassacre is old Dad.
Dad and Colonel Sassacre are essentially the only two on-screen human characters left not caught up in massive time loops, so this wouldn't actually surprise me

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Prototype a prototyped Jack Noir.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Well played hussie. :golfclap:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
==>Examine Placronym.

God drat it Hussie. :argh:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
God dammit Hussie, I can't take anymore suspense here! Come on man!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Did we expect anything else?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh COME ON.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

HUUUUUSSSSSSIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
As I suspected! (in that I suspected every possible four letter girl's name starting with "Ro") Roxy Lalonde.

e: Apparently she has a ROGUISH DEMEANOR and a VOID in her life.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
She appears to be the ROGUE of VOID, judging by her ROGUISH BEHAVIOR toward the FELLAS.