Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So the Camaro I posted earlier (which now sports a delightfully dirty rhyme on the back bumper) is currently sitting at a PI of 441. That's running a cage, fully stripped, street tires, and a drop-in air filter. If that's too high, I did find an old turbo Volvo that I can probably get running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Duck_King posted:

After trying and trying to beat a dude in rivals mode, I managed to take him out in a Ford Pinto... after popping onto two wheels. Felt like a baller.

http://youtu.be/1Q3nPsaGB88

You have lovely kittehs :3:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Sunday Punch posted:

I find gold is a colour that tends to look a bit poo poo as a gloss, try painting the car gold metallic and then just masking off everything you don't want. It does indeed look a bit dark as well. You can get a nice metallic/gloss contrast that looks pretty cool if you do this, have a look at this Camaro I painted for T1g4h

Wow, that's a crazy difference, thanks for the tip. Every time I try to use gold, I can't get it to NOT look like a different shade of poo poo brown.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I am in love with this loving game. I love that I can put in 20 minutes, make progress, and walk away.

gamertag: bunnysplits

Add me to whatever the cool North American group is, please.

I built a lovely retro skyline that is basically a death rocket. I love it in straightaways but holy poo poo is it scary around turns. I'm slowly weening off assists but the game gets markedly harder as I do, which is cool but I don't want to out difficulty the fun.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
How do you guys get pics of your cars to post on here? I want to show off my GoonMons candidates.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VERTiG0 posted:

How do you guys get pics of your cars to post on here? I want to show off my GoonMons candidates.

You'll get an option to upload them to Forzamotorsport.net. Log into your Xbox Live account and click on My Forza.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Ended up beating my friend's pimped out Syclone in my lovely Mazda :feelsgood:

Just to clarify, which US goon group should I be sending my application thing to?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

SporkTSI posted:

Ended up beating my friend's pimped out Syclone in my lovely Mazda :feelsgood:

Just to clarify, which US goon group should I be sending my application thing to?

AUGR is currently the active NA goon group.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sunday Punch posted:

I find gold is a colour that tends to look a bit poo poo as a gloss, try painting the car gold metallic and then just masking off everything you don't want. It does indeed look a bit dark as well. You can get a nice metallic/gloss contrast that looks pretty cool if you do this, have a look at this Camaro I painted for T1g4h

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try this tonight. There's going to be a lot of tinkering to try and keep the swoosh intact. :)

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:( i dont get out of work weeknights until 8EST. Is there any way races can be bumped a half hour later? I promise to attend every race and race cleanly. I know you probibly cant change it for one person but i thought i'd give it a try anyway

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

AaronB posted:

Unrelated: Someone jacked my windows live ID and bought RIFT and an expansion for it. Super lame and now I have to get a new CC (that I'm not giving to Microsoft). I think I've got everything resolved now though. What gets me is I use a random sting of letters and number for it. I know the recent breaks are believed to be brute force, but still ...

Same thing happened to me on one of my old accounts. They bought the same games. Who told you that you needed a new CC? They didnt tell me about needing a new CC.

Can I get accepted to AUGR too? My GT is AlgebraFrenzy.

SanitysEdge fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 15, 2012

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Can anyone give me a good class/PI to sort of target around for this shitbox challenge? I'm a little short on knowing old cars (and owning DLC) so I'm sort of clueless here. :confused:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

General Probe posted:

AUGR is currently the active NA goon group.
I'm happy to say that there was a few Gish races the other night, but I still would advise everyone to start switching to augr.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

:( i dont get out of work weeknights until 8EST. Is there any way races can be bumped a half hour later? I promise to attend every race and race cleanly. I know you probibly cant change it for one person but i thought i'd give it a try anyway

Maybe try GTCC? We race At 10pm EST every Wednesday.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Ziploc posted:

Maybe try GTCC? We race At 10pm EST every Wednesday.

GTCC is where it's at if you strive to be a clean racer. One point of interest, for all the official GTCC Wednesday night races we run with the suggested line forced off (at least we used to force it, not sure how TopHat and Synmoo have been setting it up)

Don't let that deter you, though. As long as you don't mind discussion of Space Docking or circumcision, GTCC is pretty awesome. The best way to get into random goon races will still be to hang out in IRC and to add a bunch of goons to your friends list.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Which IRC channel and which network?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
This should be embassing but, it's not. Almost right out of the gate in a 1v1.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Here are 2 that I've built so far for GoonMans. I've got more but the paint jobs aren't done (no numbers, etc). I have an especially gaudy baby blue CRX that I might bust out. Sorry about the size, but it's necessary to convey the detail in the decals (HEH).

All of my cars are between 320 and 344 PI. Is that sort of what you guys have been building?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

VERTiG0 posted:

Which IRC channel and which network?

It's in the OP.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

VERTiG0 posted:

:stare:

Your choice of rim diameter confuses me.

Is that actually a thing that tuners are doing now, or is it a mistake?

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Hahah. It's just a dumb thing I did to make the car look worse.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011

SanitysEdge posted:

Same thing happened to me on one of my old accounts. They bought the same games. Who told you that you needed a new CC? They didnt tell me about needing a new CC.

Can I get accepted to AUGR too? My GT is AlgebraFrenzy.

I immediately disputed through my bank instead of MS. Figured I'd have a way easier time getting my money back through them.

Haha, those are some pretty good lovely cars, Vertigo. I had a tough time, Forza makes everything so shiny!

AaronB fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 16, 2012

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

VERTiG0 posted:

That wing :negative:

Also I'm surprised Forza doesn't let you put different wheel styles on the front and back for the true TUNA/drift look.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

AaronB posted:

I immediately disputed through my bank instead of MS. Figured I'd have a way easier time getting my money back through them.

Haha, those are some pretty good lovely cars, Vertigo. I had a tough time, Forza makes everything so shiny!

Did they use your credit card? My account got stolen and they used up as many MS points as they could buying rockband songs. I contacted MS and got my points back about a month later. I think I also have some free rockband songs.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Did they use your credit card? My account got stolen and they used up as many MS points as they could buying rockband songs. I contacted MS and got my points back about a month later. I think I also have some free rockband songs.

Yeah, it was charged to the card. They were GFWL purchases. My Xbox Live ID was untouched for whatever reason, although I thought that was the big thing lately, loading them with stolen points and reselling.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

VERTiG0 posted:

Oh god, racing behind this thing tonight and seeing the big bold "LOL" on the back-end nearly made me crash my car from laughter. Now I have to reconsider my decision to not put decals all over my car.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I got the Season Pass at launch, and I think all the car packs have been top notch so far. Is there any word on future track packs? I've got a pretty good handle on all the tracks in 4 and I really want to see New York make a return.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I doubt we will ever see one, and if we do, there would probably only be one track. You can do DLC cars all day, because you can just replace the DLC car with some other model. You can't replace a track with something else. They could either split the community with a set of DLC lobbies and non DLC lobbies, or they can just never have DLC tracks in the hoppers.

This might be avoided with player controlled lobbies now, but there will always be that one person complaining because they don't have the track. It was tricky enough back when the game first came out and people hadn't installed the second disc yet so they didn't have the top gear track or the soccer field and a few other things. It was quite frustrating getting people together and then half get dropped because they didn't have something.

Unless Turn 10 makes some mandatory update that includes a track pack, I doubt we will see new tracks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A track pack would be really cool, but I don't see it ever happening. I think after the last DLC car pack, which is in April, we won't see anymore DLC.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Sunday Punch posted:

That wing :negative:

Also I'm surprised Forza doesn't let you put different wheel styles on the front and back for the true TUNA/drift look.

Hahahah. I agree, I really wish you could mix'n'match.

SealHammer posted:

Oh god, racing behind this thing tonight and seeing the big bold "LOL" on the back-end nearly made me crash my car from laughter. Now I have to reconsider my decision to not put decals all over my car.

Glad to hear! What's your GT? I'll add you. That was fun last night. My apologies for hitting some people here and there, I'm still learning to drive properly without a ton of aids.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

A track pack would be really cool, but I don't see it ever happening. I think after the last DLC car pack, which is in April, we won't see anymore DLC.

I was actually talking last night.with my friend on how I'd love a track pack with some unrealistic tracks. Take a small dive into the.arcade pool and make it private match only or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would be fine with whatever they decide to do. I personally would prefer city tracks myself. Just a pack of 5 new tracks though would go a long way. That's Forza 4s only real weakness is a lack of variety in race tracks. We actually would have apparently gotten Time Square back, but Turn-10 felt the performance wasn't good enough with the new improved lighting effects, to keep it in Forza.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Goddamn I'd love some night racing, and also rain.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Neo Helbeast posted:

I was actually talking last night.with my friend on how I'd love a track pack with some unrealistic tracks. Take a small dive into the.arcade pool and make it private match only or whatever.

Hell people in this thread, including myself, have remarked the some of the better tracks were T10s own creation. I have fond memories of Rio, Dockyard, that mountain course from the first game (Blue Mountain?) and Tokyo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep, i've seen Blue Mountain come up as a track that fans really want back.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maple Valley and Bernie's Alps are probably the best tracks in the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like Bernie's Alps, it feels to much like something out of an arcade racer. Maple Valley I can drive on all day though.

bich
Dec 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I like to just do solo laps on Maple Valley it's zen as hell

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm not a big fan of Bernie's. I just can't get it figured out. It seems like I take drat near every corner way too hot. They're super misleading.

Maple Valley is fun, though. Although I almost poo poo myself the first time I saw the covered bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Camino Viejo is a splendid track as well, at least the track part. The spiteful walls that throw wrecked cars right back into the racing line are a big black mark on the place.

• Locked thread