Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I'm gonna guess the 3rd panel is disallows because he stopped in his runup because they specifically mention he stops

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1) Punch the physio in the face, abandon the game.
2) Punch the goalie in the face, tell him to piss off.
3) Punch the penalty taker in the face, give the goal.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
1. Abandon the match.

2. Allow him.

3. No goal, counts as two touches.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Mickolution posted:

1. Abandon the match.

2. Allow him.

sounds about right

punch the physio in the face though

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

sounds about right

So naturally, all three will be wrong...

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Mickolution posted:

So naturally, all three will be wrong...

~tHe RuLeS oF tHe GaMe~

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

1. Abandon the match.

2. Allow him.

Where's the second touch?

FrontLine
Sep 17, 2003
I gave Mr. Adequate hot, steamy man love and all he bought me was a custom title!
I'm probably complete wrong but:

1. Allow him to stay. Abandoning the match because of one tosser would cause havoc. Naturally include the details in the post-match report and have the proper authorities boot his arse.

2. Insist he remove the gear. Yellow for insubordination if he refuses. Red if he continues.

3. Retake the penalty. He didn't get the job done in one smooth movement.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

pik_d posted:

Where's the second touch?

One to scoop it up, one to flick it. Even if he doesn't pause with the ball on his foot, it's still two touches. Similar to this which although it counted, was outlawed at the end of the season, according to Wikipedia.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
if it's one continuous motion to move the ball I can't see how it would count. I see it like that Ronaldinho touch that looks impossible.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

One to scoop it up, one to flick it. Even if he doesn't pause with the ball on his foot, it's still two touches. Similar to this which although it counted, was outlawed at the end of the season, according to Wikipedia.

The scoop and the flick were one motion so it's one touch. I think if there's anyway to disallow it it's what Carrier said

Carrier posted:

I'm gonna guess the 3rd panel is disallows because he stopped in his runup because they specifically mention he stops

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1) Probably something involving sending him out anyway and maybe abandoning the match. I wish they wouldn't waste space with these type of situations.

2) Without a valid medical reason it's not part of the uniform.
e: on second thought, who really gives a poo poo as long as it isn't dangerous to anyone else

3) The ball has to:
A. Be kicked
B. Move forward.

It does not satisfy either. Retake and caution for USB.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

1) Abandon game, kill everyone.

2) No, he can take it off or piss off. He needs a doctor's note.

3) This is just a lobbed penalty? Nowt wrong with that.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

SteadfastMeat posted:

1) Abandon game and punch him.
2) Don't let him and punch him and then card him if keep on trying play with the headgear.
3) No Goal and punch him for showing off.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
For the second one, they allow gloves and hairbands in football, don't see why this isn't allowed. They specifically had to legislate against snoods, it's not like "everything but team kit" is automatically banned.

I guess to really adhere to the rules you might have to inspect it to see that it doesn't offer any competitive advantage or something, but I'd let him keep it.

In reality though the question doesn't really cover it. If he says he needs it for medical reasons you'd ask him exactly what was wrong with him rather than just making your decision based on him being "insistent".

Definitely abandon the game for the physio thing, shouldn't let the opposing team come out without their own physio, don't those guys need to be named on the team sheet?

Hoops fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 14, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Abandon game, file scathing report with FA.

2. If he wants to wear a scrumcap, then go ahead. Don't really see an issue with it.

3. No goal, indirect free kick to defending team.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1. Punch physio in face and kick him out. Ask if there are any certified medics in the stands. If not, abandon game.
2. Let him as long as it's not some headgear that's banned or dangerous to himself or anyone else.
3. Indirect free kick, punch penalty taker in the face.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Continue without him. It's not ideal, but many matches are played without physios - and even at professional level, unless competition rules state otherwise, it is your call whether to play on without medical staff. I would never abandon a game if it could be avoided. So send the physio out of the technical area, tell him he may still be needed in an emergency, and complete the match as normal. Afterwards, make sure you have full notes of what happened, as this could become a police matter.
Thanks to Stefan Dale.

2) If a player asks to wear anything more than the basic equipment it needs to be obviously necessary (such as a cast to protect an injured wrist), and it must not pose a danger to opposing players or himself. So in this case, having spoken to his manager to confirm there is no valid medical reason for the headgear, refuse permission.
Thanks to David Lord.

3) If he genuinely manages to pull this trick off – the ball staying in contact with his instep throughout one, single movement, it is a valid goal – players can lift the ball with one or both feet when taking a free-kick. But you must be sure he has not played the ball twice. If he has, it's an indirect free-kick to the defending team. Josh Steele wins the shirt.

I don't quite see how the reasoning in 2) works to be honest. Also the first one doesn't deal with the fact that if a medic is the type to punch an opposing player they may not be the most cooperative of people.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Overminty posted:

I don't quite see how the reasoning in 2) works to be honest.
The way I interpreted it: If the manager says he has a weak skull, a protective headgear would be permitted. If the manager says "He just doesn't want to end up with a sore bump", there's no clear medical reason for the headgear, so the ref would disallow it.

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 20, 2012

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, the reasoning given is that it has to both fulfil a) not being dangerous to the wearer or anyone else, and b) it has to be medically necessary. It might well fulfil the first criteria, but it fails the second, and it needs both.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

1. Stop game, send off goal keeper, forcing the team to bring the original one back on. gently caress them for trying to pull a fast one, the cunts.
2. Report incident, have the assistant replaced.
3. Award as own-goal, red card.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
1) Red Card. Get the original keeper on and restart the 2nd half.
2) Get the 4th Official to replace him (unless it's the 4th official in which case I haven't a clue other than abandon the game?). Put it in the match report.
3) Goal. Red Card.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

1) I assume the keeper has switched with an outfield player, in which case it shouldn't be a problem?
2) Not appropriate, get the 4th official to replace him.
3) Award the goal, yellow for unsporting conduct. He didn't actually deny the goal so you can't send him off.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Scikar posted:

1) I assume the keeper has switched with an outfield player, in which case it shouldn't be a problem?

3) Award the goal, yellow for unsporting conduct. He didn't actually deny the goal so you can't send him off.

1. Where's this stuff about an outfield player coming from? In the first half, The Yellow Bastards had one goalkeeper in goal. In the second half, they switched him with a new guy without bothering to tell you.

3. There was clear intent to deny a goal through illegal means.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Vagabundo posted:

1. Where's this stuff about an outfield player coming from? In the first half, The Yellow Bastards had one goalkeeper in goal. In the second half, they switched him with a new guy without bothering to tell you.

3. There was clear intent to deny a goal through illegal means.

It just says it's not the same keeper. If they made a sub without telling you then fine, but they might have just put a different starting player in goal and moved the keeper outfield which is fine.

For 3, there's an offence of intentional handball (yellow card, but play advantage) and a separate one of denying a goal through intentional handball (red card, but which didn't happen). There's no offence for intending to deny a goal, but failing to do so.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Scikar posted:

It just says it's not the same keeper. If they made a sub without telling you then fine, but they might have just put a different starting player in goal and moved the keeper outfield which is fine.

For 3, there's an offence of intentional handball (yellow card, but play advantage) and a separate one of denying a goal through intentional handball (red card, but which didn't happen). There's no offence for intending to deny a goal, but failing to do so.

For the first one, you're overcomplicating things and inventing scenarios that aren't present and he's explicitly referred to as a "keeper," rather than "outfielder who switched places with keeper." I'm not even sure why you're insisting that it's an outfield player who's now in goal.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
1. I don't really know, it's just a not-announced substitution that took place during half time and I assume they hadn't gone through all of their subs yet by that time. Probably still a sending off for the guy in goal, but should the original keeper go back in goal or an outfield player then?
2. Tell the furious manager of the opposition that you're a massive fan of HIM, get his autograph. Everything is fair again so play the game.
3. That's just a yellow for the hand ball, didn't deny a goal.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I assume the third one is one of those "going by the rules" ones rather than what would happen in reality. I've seen that done countless times and it's just a goal with no punishment for the defender.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Yeah, the reasoning given is that it has to both fulfil a) not being dangerous to the wearer or anyone else, and b) it has to be medically necessary. It might well fulfil the first criteria, but it fails the second, and it needs both.

But how are things like sweatbands medically necessary?

For this week's:

1) Charge them with a substitution and put it in the match report?
2) Replace linesman with 4th official
3) a Yellow and a Goal (intentional handball); if it had been deflected into the goal, it would be a Red and a Penalty.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 20, 2012

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)
Sending off for a gk substitute without the referee's permission? Jeez, no.

Caution both GK's and play on.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

the sex ghost posted:

1) Punch the new goalkeeper and kick him out of the game and get the original one back and take away a sub from the team.
2) Punch the assistant and replace him with a new one and have a write up of him in the match report.
3) Give the goal and yellow card and punch the defender.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
If I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the club in 1), then there was some commotion or confusion and they forgot to report the sub to the 4th official before play started. Really, it's the referee's fault for not noticing or validating the squad sheet before restarting play in the second half. IMO, this would best resolved off the pitch in the form of a fine on the club itself, instead of penalizing a player on the field who himself has done little wrong.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Relevant rule bit:

Changing the Goalkeeper

Any of the other players may change places with the goalkeeper, provided that:

• the referee is informed before the change is made
• the change is made during a stoppage in the match

Infringements and Sanctions

If a substitute or substituted player enters the field of play without the referee’s permission:

• the referee stops play (although not immediately if the substitute or
substituted player does not interfere with play)
• the referee cautions him for unsporting behaviour and orders him to leave
the field of play
• if the referee has stopped play, it is restarted with an indirect free kick for
the opposing team from the position of the ball at the time of the stoppage
(see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

If a player changes places with the goalkeeper without the referee’s permission
before the change is made:

• the referee allows play to continue
• the referee cautions the players concerned when the ball is next out of play

(Not quoted because it breaks the spoiler, but taken from Trin's thread)

At the end of the day what they've done (whether they made a substitution or swapped the goalkeeper) isn't wrong, it's just that they haven't done it the right way, so I don't see a problem with booking both goalkeepers (entering/leaving the field of play without permission) and then carrying on, assuming the new keeper was still named on the teamsheet (ball has gone out for a corner so the new keeper goes off, you then let him on as a proper sub and carry on).

Scikar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 20, 2012

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
How would that rule change if it were an outfield player?

Psybro
May 12, 2002

the sex ghost posted:

1) Kill yourself. Yellow card him for entering the pitch without permission, and the other goalie now presumably sat on the bench for leaving. Drop ball on the 6 yard line as the goalie was essentially an outside agent when he touched the ball. Write it up in your report.

2) The assistant is fatally compromised. Replace him with the fourth official. I forget what happens to the fourth official's job in this instance.

3) We've already had this and the general consensus was that there is no sanction at all.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1. Punch yourself in the face. Yellow each for entering/leaving without permission. Hope you still have a job next week.
2. Punch assistant in the face. Replace him with the 4th official.
3. Punch defender in the face, but don't caution him since it was a goal anyway.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

HinderedUseless posted:

How would that rule change if it were an outfield player?

It's covered in the last part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

1: Yellow card both keepers, have them swap back. Note it in the match report, suspect the gaffer is a oval office.

2: Replace him with the 4th official, note it in the match report. Talk to the ref manager afterward, get him busted back to Cotswolds fuddy-duddies division.

3: Intentional handball in the box is an automatic red card. So, card + penalty.

e: Although, reading the Laws, it's only an automatic red for using your hands to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity, and since the goal went in maybe it should stand and only be a yellow card? I don't even know.

• Locked thread