Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

closeted republican posted:

The blonde hair thing could be explained by saying she dyed it. It's not unusual for black women to dye their hair blonde. :v:

It's just your average internet overreaction to something that people don't like. Give them a few days, and I'm sure almost all of them will be fanatic about it again.

As an infant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Oh hey you know what I just noticed? Maybe it's been pointed out already, but Dirk calls the method Roxy used to blow up Jane's computer a "nasty deathloop virus". Sounds like Roxy used the same virus that Karkat ran on his own computer in the Troll session. So in both post-scratch sessions, the de-facto leaders of the players blew up their own computer with a ~ATH virus.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Fortis posted:

Oh hey you know what I just noticed? Maybe it's been pointed out already, but Dirk calls the method Roxy used to blow up Jane's computer a "nasty deathloop virus". Sounds like Roxy used the same virus that Karkat ran on his own computer in the Troll session. So in both post-scratch sessions, the de-facto leaders of the players blew up their own computer with a ~ATH virus.

If it's the same virus, does this also doom the guardians of the scratched kids? I suppose John and maybe Jade are dead already, but I could see Rose and Dave biting it before the pre-scratch Rose and Dave get there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Hussie's post seems to be reaching a bit, but the entire issue seems to have come out of nowhere to begin with. Yeah I guess he's right we can't prove John isn't black? But the fact that we can't say it's impossible doesn't mean we can't say it's improbable.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If it's the same virus, does this also doom the guardians of the scratched kids? I suppose John and maybe Jade are dead already, but I could see Rose and Dave biting it before the pre-scratch Rose and Dave get there.

Every single guardian introduced in the story up until the reboot died, so I think this is a pretty safe bet. I'm not entirely sure it necessarily means they'd have to die before the pre-scratch kids show up, though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Well I just figured it'd be less confusing to have 2 versions of Dave and Rose running around, though if we somehow get a few conversations between both of them together they would probably be amazing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Roxy's the one who coded it, so why would she make it so it killed her mom and Dirk's bro? It's more likely that ~ATH programs in general can simply be referred to as "deathloops".

Though it wouldn't surprise me if B2 Rose and Dave ended up biting it before the main four kids arrived in the session anyway.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Roxy's the one who coded it, so why would she make it so it killed her mom and Dirk's bro? It's more likely that ~ATH can simply be referred to as a "deathloop" based coding language.

I was thinking this, and that the Mobius Double Reacharound Virus might be some kind of universal constant to post-scratch sessions only.
The original virus was heavily implied to link the Trolls' universe with the Kids' universe; maybe this one, if it is an instance of the same virus, links the Kids' scratched universe to UU's universe?

edit: Also, the only thing the virus 'does' is import two universes and then do something inscrutable. It also detonates the computer its run on. Karkat was the one who thought it cursed them and killed the lusii, but most of the trolls thought he was full of poo poo, and that SGRUB caused the cascade of misfortune.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Roxy's the one who coded it, so why would she make it so it killed her mom and Dirk's bro? It's more likely that ~ATH programs in general can simply be referred to as "deathloops".

Though it wouldn't surprise me if B2 Rose and Dave ended up biting it before the main four kids arrived in the session anyway.

Yeah, back when ~ATH was first introduced Karkat explained that the only way to code a legit program in ~ATH was to tie the execution of the program to the death of something, the death of the universe was explicitly mentioned I think. Karkat also said that the ~ATH code lacked any means of tying code to things with extremely short lifespans, to make it easier to run or whatever, such as a particle in a radioisotope with an extremely short half life or something.

E: vvv

"One of the last two stands in her bedroom. It is a young lady! Due to an incident involving an APPEARIFIER, an unabridged COLONEL SASSACRE'S, and a PERFECTLY WHITE CAT, she will not be able to assist her bffsy for some time. And due to the aggressive aconcurrence of all that takes place in paradox space, this incident HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.
"

Well, the appearifier incident hasn't happened yet, and considering HS conventions, I think there is pretty much a 0% chance you ain't right

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 17, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Back to Roxy! I assume this is going to be just before the first time we saw her talking to Jane.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Project Wonderful! posted:

Ads by Project Wonderful! Your ad here, right now: $488.80

:sbahj:

In my opinion that is a rather large sum of money, especially when it was spent to advertise a boxed collection of "What if All the Belligerents of World War II Were A Bunch Of Yaoi Guys?: The Anime."

I really hope Sister Claire can beat this.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think I know of or have seen any Homestuck fans that aren't white. Food for thought.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I don't think I know of or have seen any Homestuck fans that aren't white. Food for thought.

I know plenty. Your food for thought is unsatisfying.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Good to see that Roxy is at least prepared for the incredibly off-chance that she will find herself without her trusty rifle.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Roxy has Fistkind.

Fantastic.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Some are in this very thread!

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Come to think of it, that's the same gun Mom had in [S] Descend

Dad confirmed for Cakekind?

His afternoon cakes aren't for eating. They are for murder

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Roxy has Fistkind.

Fantastic.

I dunno, I don't think she'd ever use it. I mean, what are the chances she will be transported to another world and forced to sail into a cave and be attacked by a rampaging horde of monsters, without her trusty boomstick? Pretty loving slim I'd wager!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ah yeah, of course Roxy has fistkind. We saw Mom beat up that big monster with her bare hands back in Jack: Ascend.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I think that was about this page - Nannasprite implies the echeladder was relevant in her youth, which I suppose could be interpreted as a misplaced reference to Jane's adventures.

I thought the Echeladder was implied to be like sylladexes and whatnot in being a construct of the HS world as a whole, and not just the game. The echeladder has references to the game, yes, but so does the sylladex. (Or maybe rather, that maybe every world destined to play the game simply has those things to begin with.) Considering that armed combat with your parents is entirely a normal thing in HS, it's probably the kind of universe where it's entirely possible to have enough adventures to gain levels even before getting into SBURB.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Asian Homestuck fan, reporting in.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Jane's been making her way up her echeladder without knowing anything about the game. I think it's safe to say it's a ubiquitous feature of the world(s), or at least of CrockerCorp.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I agree entirely, I was just trying to figure out what was meant by somebody else's suggestion that Nannasprite had implied her own participation in an earlier session.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Scale Model Giant posted:

Jane's been making her way up her echeladder without knowing anything about the game. I think it's safe to say it's a ubiquitous feature of the world(s), or at least of CrockerCorp.

Isn't Earth itself part of the game? It's the product of the same self-repeating process surrounding Skaia that the game constructs spring from. Presumably, there is no real difference between the two-- these things are woven (relatively) seamlessly into the nature of existence. It's just a difference of perception, location, and access to the underlying mechanisms of reality.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

thanks alot assbag posted:

Come to think of it, that's the same gun Mom had in [S] Descend

Dad confirmed for Cakekind?

His afternoon cakes aren't for eating. They are for murder

Dad has Jokerkind. He can wield anything.

ANYTHING.

Fist? Check. Cake? Check. Shaving Cream? Check. Air? Check. Disappointment? Check. You? Check.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

life_source posted:

Dad has Jokerkind. He can wield anything. As long as it is hilarious!

In my personal headcannon, this is the true nature of Jokerkind

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

life_source posted:

Dad has Jokerkind. He can wield anything.

ANYTHING.

Fist? Check. Cake? Check. Shaving Cream? Check. Air? Check. Disappointment? Check. You? Check.

Dad would never wield disappointment, he is too proud of his children <:mad:>

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I concede my point, this lady rules.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Love dat Gamzee in the back. Perfect clownface.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Mazerunner posted:

As an infant?

The forces that dye baby Rose's hair blonde are the same forces that granted everyone diapers and prescription glasses.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Android Blues posted:

Way too tall to be Gamzee

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Where are they, a Chuck E. Cheese's? :raise:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Android Blues posted:

And he's just a bit blurry and out of focus.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Finally, UU is referenced again!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I dunno you guys, I think maybe this story of Rose's might be somehow relevant to current and/or future events. Somehow.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, this is interesting. It looks as though Rose's eldritch tendencies were inevitable in this timeline as well. I'm now picturing her as always grimdark. Just projecting that smoky shadow aura all day erry day.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Prison Warden posted:

I dunno you guys, I think maybe this story of Rose's might be somehow relevant to current and/or future events. Somehow.

Maybe the fact that WK was reading Complacency of the Learned right up until he died will be relevant. poo poo, all the details present in these latest pages, there's way too much foreshadowing potential here.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

If I were to ever go so low as to cosplay, I'd be a derpy-looking Gamzee and photobomb EVERYONE.

oh hey update

Presumable
Nov 23, 2011

by T. Fine
Some people think Rose is black because of her booty, but I never bought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Oh, hey 'Cal'.