Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
For those of you talking about coop, can you fairly reliably find a friend's mark? I was under the impression it was more or less impossible to plan to coop with someone and more just totally random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm down for some jolly cooperation on the xbox. I'm on my first playthrough at the Undead Parish.

GT: Frago Bren

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Stokes posted:

Is there anyway back to Firelink Shrine from Anor Lando without going through Sen's Fortress again? I want to upgrade my Pyromancer flame but the absolute last place I want to visit again is that shitstain of a fortress.

There's a shortcut from the top of Sen's to the beginning, but you have to jump the gap in the walkway and go to the bottom of the tower to find the cage key (which you can also use to free a certain NPC you might have run across earlier). Otherwise just finish Anor Londo and it becomes a lot easier to travel around.

Day Man posted:

I'm down for some jolly cooperation on the xbox. I'm on my first playthrough at the Undead Parish.

Added you, let's see if we can hook up.

EC fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 20, 2012

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Fifteen of Many posted:

For those of you talking about coop, can you fairly reliably find a friend's mark? I was under the impression it was more or less impossible to plan to coop with someone and more just totally random.

If you're within the summoning limit and plan out where you are dropping your sign (See: Odd places) you can definitely do it.

Day Man posted:

What's your SL? I have a couple of minutes to kill while waiting for a different friend to summon me, if you are 20 I can help you out.

e: If people are interested I can start a list of people's Gamertags and whether they're 360 or PS3, for potential summon help so we don't have to clutter the thread with it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Ok, so:

Choose the large upper body physique.

Equip Solaire's Helmet, Silver Knight Armor, and Catarina gauntlets and leggings.

Get good at parrying barehanded/punching stuff with the dragonbone fist/pyromancy flame/dark hand.

Invade/sunbro/redstone duel people as a goddamn Superhero.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I decided to try a new class and I just made it to the parish for the second time. This time, the gate to the bonfire that is below the dragon is closed... the first time i played through, it was open. Now I have to march up through the poison rats everytime I die.. Why was that gate open my first time?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

If you're within the summoning limit and plan out where you are dropping your sign (See: Odd places) you can definitely do it.

That's awesome. I'd read somewhere they spread the players out over multiple servers to prevent that. After I do my alone, weeping play through I'll have to get a friend to do some sweet coop with.

edit: My LiveID is Fifteen of Many!

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 20, 2012

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

What's your SL? I have a couple of minutes to kill while waiting for a different friend to summon me, if you are 20 I can help you out.

e: If people are interested I can start a list of people's Gamertags and whether they're 360 or PS3, for potential summon help so we don't have to clutter the thread with it.

I think this is a good idea, you can mark me down for GarlicDalek on PS3.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
My gamertag is the same as my forum name. Oh, this is exciting.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Chard posted:

I think this is a good idea, you can mark me down for GarlicDalek on PS3.

Alright, I'm :siren: STARTING A LIST OF GAMERTAGS :siren:
Quote this post if you want me to add you and list your system and gt. That way you can just add/message somebody there if you want assistance (you can still do it in the thread but it won't be as frequent). I'll keep editing this post as more people add it.

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Gamertag (SA Username)
Xbox                                               Playstation3

CasualResonance (RembrandtQEinstein)               GarlicDalek (Chard)
Awesome Animals (Awesome Animals)                  JesseJames314 (Jesse James)
Fifteen of Many (Fifteen of Many)                  Pathard (Pathard)
Day Man (Frago Bren)                               Lemon_Jefferson (Cosmik Debris)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)                            Hogobogo (Kongming)
GT Ronagathor (Mr E)                               misterbing13 (Mr. Bing)
Church of Raven (Mercedes)
Commissar Hoxie (Yardbomb)

RembrandtQEinstein fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 20, 2012

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Oh, sorry, I'm not playing at the moment. I may get on at some point later tonight. I'll have to check to see what my SL is.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

ethanol posted:

I decided to try a new class and I just made it to the parish for the second time. This time, the gate to the bonfire that is below the dragon is closed... the first time i played through, it was open. Now I have to march up through the poison rats everytime I die.. Why was that gate open my first time?

Hmm... That gate shouldn't be open unless you open it yourself. The only way to open that gate is to sprint past the dragon without getting flamed, which is pretty tricky but doable with some practice (you have to make it come down onto the bridge).

On the bright side, marching up through the rats takes like 2 minutes.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Thanks for making the list, RembrandtQEinstein.

If I've beaten the Capra Demon, and currently doing Depths, could I take out Havel? What about the Black Knight in Undead Parish? I took out the one in Undead Burg.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fifteen of Many posted:

I've had people give me stuff off the forums that I requested before. Picking a spot where not many people put down their mark is the key, but there are different servers/pools so sometimes you have to quit out and reload a few times before you're both on the same circuit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Hmm... That gate shouldn't be open unless you open it yourself. The only way to open that gate is to sprint past the dragon without getting flamed, which is pretty tricky but doable with some practice (you have to make it come down onto the bridge).

On the bright side, marching up through the rats takes like 2 minutes.

Strange. Could a summoned player have opened it up? It definitely wasn't me.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Awesome Animals posted:

Thanks for making the list, RembrandtQEinstein.

If I've beaten the Capra Demon, and currently doing Depths, could I take out Havel? What about the Black Knight in Undead Parish? I took out the one in Undead Burg.

Nevermind, that is a massive no on Havel.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Brace posted:

I don't get it. People say "lagstab" in this thread like it's an actual thing that people can control and do. What someone sees on their screen may not be what you see on your screen, this is where the "lagstabs" come in... you guys are acting like these guys are pressing a button and sniping you in the back from 20 feet away with a backstab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp6k4830a0

edit: add my gamertag as riskanalysis when you get a minute Rembrandt and thanks

artism fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 20, 2012

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Kongming posted:

I noticed something when I freed Laurentius just now. He mentioned that he didn't want to become "her" supper. Are the Butchers female then? I can't think of anything else he could be referring to.

Also Laurentius is by far the best NPC no matter what anyone says.

Maneater Milfred is the butcher "leader", is the impression I got.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, this is a real thing. I didn't experience it until doing the cat covenant for fun in NG+. It loving blows.

Don't worry Brace, keep playing and you'll enjoy it eventually :unsmith:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Nevermind, that is a massive no on Havel.

Havel is possible at any level. He's good for practicing how to avoid/parry attacks rather than becoming reliant on blocking. Black Knights even more so.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

While we're at it, this is a really really good tutorial about PVP parrying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwaL9v5wqg

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Quote this post if you want me to add you and list your system and gt. That way you can just add/message somebody there if you want assistance (you can still do it in the thread but it won't be as frequent). I'll keep editing this post as more people add it.

I'm on XBOX as GhostHunterTed.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah, this is a real thing. I didn't experience it until doing the cat covenant for fun in NG+. It loving blows.

I don't see what blows about it, the vid even demonstrates avoidance methods for chain backstabs. Unless you mean backstabs in PvP in general?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Umberger posted:

Havel is possible at any level. He's good for practicing how to avoid/parry attacks rather than becoming reliant on blocking. Black Knights even more so.

Hmm...maybe I'll try him again, I just know he one shotted me and I was just glad I had the foresight to take him up a level in the tower so I could retrieve my lost souls.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Hmm...maybe I'll try him again, I just know he one shotted me and I was just glad I had the foresight to take him up a level in the tower so I could retrieve my lost souls.

He'll one shot you even if you're blocking with pretty heavy armor and high Endurance/Vitality. That's kind of the point of him. He's actually got a fair amount of backstory that's (as far as I know) all told through loading screen information.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kongming posted:

I noticed something when I freed Laurentius just now. He mentioned that he didn't want to become "her" supper. Are the Butchers female then? I can't think of anything else he could be referring to.

Also Laurentius is by far the best NPC no matter what anyone says.

I figured he meant the giant rat, seeing as there's a chute behind the butcher that leads down to it.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Xbox                                               Playstation
CasualResonance (Rembrandt)                        GarlicDalek (Chard)
Awesome Animals (Awesome Animals)
Fifteen of Many (Fifteen of Many)
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

I am DFTC.

PS3 - JesseJames314

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got summoned in to NG+ Anor Londo today by some dude going at it in Chainmail with a Chaos Scythe (not Great Scythe, the normal "scythe" you find in the goo in Sen's). Sorry to let you down buddy, my stuff wasn't NG+ ready and the Giants were too much for me to get through -- didn't even make it to Ornstein and Smough.

On the next assist I came into the room to see a red phantom rushing around trying to backstab my host. Is that firestorm I have primed? Why yes it is. FWOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHH

<<bonglord_growmaster has been defeated>>

Host does Joy emote.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

I don't see what blows about it, the vid even demonstrates avoidance methods for chain backstabs. Unless you mean backstabs in PvP in general?

It's called lagstabbing because you teleport through a players body when they have a backstab on you, countering their backstab. It's a method of avoiding the "rush forward to the right" backstabbing that a lot of players are so fond of doing.

There is no counter to a lagstab except not to go for a backstab. The reason this sucks is because even if you get a backstab the fair way it's an easy counter.

The rest of the video illustrates how to avoid chain stabbing which is important since a lot of people get really pissed off.

artism fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 20, 2012

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Vargs posted:

I figured he meant the giant rat, seeing as there's a chute behind the butcher that leads down to it.

Given that the chute leads to a midden, I'm thinking that the rat got so big because it was eating whatever fell down the chute. I'm pretty sure Laurentius is referring to Mildred.

Side note: There should be a game which is essentially just "Solaire, Siegmeyer and Laurentius Save The loving Day And Are Also Hilarious" :colbert:

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Quote this post if you want me to add you and list your system and gt.
Quoted. I have the same username on Playstation.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

My game tag on ps3 is Lemon_Jefferson. Summon me for jolly cooperation.

Cosmik Debris fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 20, 2012

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

You can put me on the list with GT Ronagathor on Xbox.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I've been having fun being a huge dick and invading Anor Londo at SL40ish. Sometimes I fight straight up, but sometimes I hide around a corner and blast them with a maxed-out fire tempest as they come through. :D

It was particularly fun doing this sneaky poo poo against PSN: Stealth_Kill, and I sent him a message telling him how much I enjoyed the irony but I didn't hear back from him.

Also, people can pick up items you drop when you invade them, right? I've tried to give SL25 people black knight swords/shields, colored titanite chunks and other stuff but they just freak out and attack me. I keep trying to point down at it and I don't want to kill them in case it will disappear, so I die and see them just run right by it off towards a boss or whatever.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

Xbox Church of Raven
SL is around 80, but I think I got some nubbies around 20

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

You can add me under Playstation as Hogobogo. I'm running through as a Dex build now, just entering the Depths in the 20s or so.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

Most definitely up for this, set me under 360 with the tag Commissar Hoxie. Right now I'm SL66, just smacked Fatty and Beanpole around (Used my chaos fireballs on Orn then ran like the terrified wind until I finally killed him.) and am considering what to do next. Adding to that, I still like it for it's beefy stats, but my god Smough's armor, my arms just disappear into those giant man-titties.

Chachi posted:

Side note: There should be a game which is essentially just "Solaire, Siegmeyer and Laurentius Save The loving Day And Are Also Hilarious"

If this were real I'd be pulling out the cash right now. Plus just a little bit ago I looked up Laurentius on the wiki, I'm so glad now that I didn't tell him where I got the chaos pyromancy. Think I was looking him up to see if I'd lamed myself out of getting any other awesome pyromancy or something like that.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 20, 2012

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

Kongming posted:

You can add me under Playstation as Hogobogo. I'm running through as a Dex build now, just entering the Depths in the 20s or so.

Hey! I think I have bro'd for you before!

Mr. Bing
Oct 25, 2004

...Is it still there?
ethanol, the gate was most likely opened by an invader. I'm pretty sure there's an invader spawn point there, and though I never spawned there myself, I did make a point of opening it when I couldn't find my victim right away. No sense being a COMPLETE monster, ya'know?

PSN id is misterbing13, I spend about 80% of my DS time assisting on Ace and Gary because there will never be anything more fun than that fight in the history of things.

Also don't be a doof like my last host. When I chase off the invader, giving you a completely open path to the boss door... RUN TO THE BOSS DOOR. And certainly don't chase after the invader and get backstabbed like a chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

GOON DARK SOULS
code:
Day Man (Frago Bren)
GhostHunterTed (Stokes)

Stick my on the list too, if you would, kind sir. Tag is Squidgy Stone, levl 59, and I am going to need some help going through the second half of the game.

• Locked thread