Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

invision posted:

Stan Derrup is actually related to Layer Dan, think they're like third cousins or something

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Ok, you two posting one after another is finally forcing me to ask. invision, front wing flexing, what the hell is the whole Dunson thing about?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

AncientTV posted:

Ok, you two posting one after another is finally forcing me to ask. invision, front wing flexing, what the hell is the whole Dunson thing about?

http://sgtdunson.com/

It's a stupid thing from GiP. The dunson dude is funny but he's trying to be serious which makes it even more funny.

SeeYouEnTee
May 5, 2010

Pickle Presenter

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We still need a :smug: for BMW.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

SeeYouEnTee posted:

very nice

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

front wing flexing posted:

I'm just saying he's not poor. He's a multi-millionaire. He works for Victory because he'll work for anyone. And that's cool with me, short of rediduals it's how he makes his living. And he's very wealthy.

Here's a wiki list of some of the companies he works for: Ermey is an official spokesman for Glock firearms, Tru-Spec apparel, Tupperware, Victory Motorcycles, Hoover, SOG Specialty Knives, and the Young Marines, and has also appeared in commercials for Coors Light, Dick's Sporting Goods, GEICO and pistachio nuts. He can also be seen giving a service announcement for Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, demanding that viewers be quiet during the film.

Anyways, here's a pic.

I had no idea he endorsed Glock. Now I want to buy one even more because R. Lee Ermey does own.

VostocK
Jul 20, 2005

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmdzHY4cXE

I laughed at a few of them

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Ringo R posted:

Meanwhile in Finland...

Wish i had taken picture last winter when there was Intruder(iirc) in big pile of snow, only showing from the pile was lamp and little bit handlebars.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Does anyone have a link to the vid of the parking tax protests in Britain a few years ago? Searched all over but can't seem to find it anywhere and pretty sure it was posted here. It had a guy eating a sandwich in the middle of an intersection on his bike and a lot of British drivers yelling at everyone. Everyone in NJ is complaining about the EZpass price increasing 50% so I thought it be nice to show people what real "Americans" would do.

Best I can find are these but they're not that exact vid (they're still awesome though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27xDKRVcWw&feature=g-hist&context=G24e88a5AHTx_mDgANAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJPheFAa574&feature=g-hist&context=G241f97aAHTx_mDgAAAA

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I'm just saying he's not poor. He's a multi-millionaire. He works for Victory because he'll work for anyone. And that's cool with me, short of rediduals it's how he makes his living. And he's very wealthy.

Here's a wiki list of some of the companies he works for: Ermey is an official spokesman for Glock firearms, Tru-Spec apparel, Tupperware, Victory Motorcycles, Hoover, SOG Specialty Knives, and the Young Marines, and has also appeared in commercials for Coors Light, Dick's Sporting Goods, GEICO and pistachio nuts. He can also be seen giving a service announcement for Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, demanding that viewers be quiet during the film.

Anyways, here's a pic.

I love all of those things (except Coors, and I currently have Progressive).

I'm really sad that GL didn't start out as a ratty bike. They took a perfectly good first year and ruined it.
http://www.bikeexif.com/custom-goldwing

Edit:

Fuel TV did a feature on Deus ex Machina
https://vimeo.com/35550494

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 25, 2012

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gnaghi posted:

Everyone in NJ is complaining about the EZpass price increasing 50% so I thought it be nice to show people what real "Americans" would do.

Man, tolls in IL jumped 87.5% on January 1st.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

VostocK posted:

This isn't my unicycle

KoeK
May 15, 2003
We dont die we multiply

SeeYouEnTee posted:

It's missing the boxer 'boobs' on the side ;)

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Anyways, here's a pic.

Oh god I love that... Goldwing?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

VostocK posted:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Backov posted:

Oh god I love that... Goldwing?

look up a couple posts. I posted the bikeexif article.

It's a first year GL1000 by this dude that used to be in awesome condition :(

Why couldn't he just find an already trashed one? :gonk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

look up a couple posts. I posted the bikeexif article.

It's a first year GL1000 by this dude that used to be in awesome condition :(

Why couldn't he just find an already trashed one? :gonk:

I'm kind of in the same boat with that. Want to make a rat bike that looks like its been through hell? Thats fine, start with a bike thats been through hell, it will be less work for you.

Pristine originals should stay that way in my mind, they're a finite resource.

Thats just me.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I'm kind of in the same boat with that. Want to make a rat bike that looks like its been through hell? Thats fine, start with a bike thats been through hell, it will be less work for you.

Pristine originals should stay that way in my mind, they're a finite resource.

Thats just me.

I agree. I still like the bike though. There's actually a lot of work that went into the bike, especially the tank. But yeah, it would've been nice to use a not pristine bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I actually like it too, but 50 years from now no one will care about or remember that bike, but people will lament the fact that there are only like 3 original Goldwings left.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I actually like it too, but 50 years from now no one will care about or remember that bike, but people will lament the fact that there are only like 3 original Goldwings left.

Pah, in 50 years you will be able to print one and no one will be able to tell the difference.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Backov posted:

Pah, in 50 years you will be able to print one and no one will be able to tell the difference.

Wanna live in that future.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbb1Za-IdCQ&feature=youtu.be

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Olde Weird Tip posted:

50 years from now, motorcycles will be illegal and we'll all be traveling via pod cars like in Minority Report.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Nitramster posted:

50 years from now, motorcycles will be illegal and we'll all be traveling via pod cars like in Minority Report.

The most likely scenario :(

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Nitramster posted:

Demolition Man :colbert:

Surging Santorum posted:

The most likely scenario :(
I so very badly want to buy you a new user title: https://www.spreadingsantorum.com

He's kidding right? "I think an ultrasonic cleaner is like 20,000. Right?"
Yeah... 20-40kHz
He's comparing a dremel's # of rotations to an ultrasonic cleaner's sound frequency?

That guy needs to glue that palm sander to his forehead. :facepalmsander:

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 25, 2012

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

opengl128 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmdzHY4cXE

I laughed at a few of them

I laughed way too hard at the Pelican comment and the followup dragged my bags comment. :v:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Sicarii posted:

You guys sure love talking about things that aren't cycle pictures and videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjKauBI0T0

Me: Wow thats pretty cool, is he going to...Oh god the plane is upside down :wtf:

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

dunno if this ones been posted before, just caught it on BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-16726409

dude gets fined £250 for a death threat, i dunno what to think about that

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

SocksAndSandals posted:

dunno if this ones been posted before, just caught it on BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-16726409

dude gets fined £250 for a death threat, i dunno what to think about that

I find that one a little puzzling.. Is it a motorcycle or a bicycle? Because if it's a motorcycle the dude was riding like an idiot.

And what was the whole thing? The guy in the car passed him and threatened to kill him? All very confusing without knowing the vehicle.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I remember an antique car show where a guy rode what looked like a 30s-50s Harley to it, and at the end of the day he was kicking it to head home and I was standing near him taking pictures of all the fancy cars that were leaving. He had to kick it for like 5 minutes straight, and most of the time it wasn't even sputtering like it wanted to go. Then I put my camera away on my 50s BMW and started it with 2 kicks and rode off :smug:

We still need a :smug: for BMW.

That's why my Harley is electric start.

My 35 year old Yamaha enduro however, starts first kick, nearly every time.

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 26, 2012

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Backov posted:

I find that one a little puzzling.. Is it a motorcycle or a bicycle? Because if it's a motorcycle the dude was riding like an idiot.

And what was the whole thing? The guy in the car passed him and threatened to kill him? All very confusing without knowing the vehicle.

How was he riding like an idiot?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

schreibs posted:

At one point it looks like he was going to lose it and he just slammed the throttle anyway.

95% of the time, more throttle will fix it, the other 5% it will end the suspense.

Content...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah... 20-40kHz
He's comparing a dremel's # of rotations to an ultrasonic cleaner's sound frequency?

You don't have a 1,200,000 RPM dremel?

What kind of hobbyist are you, anyway?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah... 20-40kHz

Yeah, basically he's rattling his parts to death and grinding them down on the little stainless basket in there.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Yeah, basically he's rattling his parts to death and grinding them down on the little stainless basket in there.

well depends on what they're made of... if they're brass I suppose they'll be alright but for carb BODIES, he's hosed.
You really shouldn't submerge carb bodies in cleaner like that anyway.
Depending on the carb, you're going to wind up with air/vacuum leaks if you do.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You really shouldn't submerge carb bodies in cleaner like that anyway.
Depending on the carb, you're going to wind up with air/vacuum leaks if you do.
Why not? Assuming you've removed all the soft parts like rubber and plastic etc.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Why not? Assuming you've removed all the soft parts like rubber and plastic etc.

Because you'll most likely forget about irremovable or irreplaceable things like the felt rings around the choke dowels (like those in Keihin carbs). Or if you have more modern carbs, any little plastic pieces will get fuckered as well.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

https://vimeo.com/31288625

Kind of a cool video...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scrapez posted:

https://vimeo.com/31288625

Kind of a cool video...

hipster.mp4