Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Nostalgamus posted:

We've already had a (brief) glimpse of the baseline imps:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002324

Oh yeah.

Well that's not very exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Roxy is really well drawn in that last page. Good stuff Huss. Love those Lalondes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The Map page has updated, Act 6 Act 1 is subtitled "Through Broken Glass".

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

YggiDee posted:

The Map page has updated, Act 6 Act 1 is subtitled "Through Broken Glass".

It's been like that for a little while now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Update.

Now your'e thonking with pRtotals

*protals

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Roxy's youth roll is FAR better than Rose's.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, that last page. Perfect.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

quote:

You're still not sure what happens if one of the planes loses power while in transit, other than objects predictably getting sliced in half if they're straddling the plane when the plug is pulled.

Prediction: Roxy is going to summon Fl'thulu.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Am I the only one that watched that last page for way longer than what was necessary?

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
No you are not.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I'm pretty sure if I did that while I was drunk, I'd end up with interdimensional puke all over every plane of reality.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
so assumably hussie just explained why it is taking 3 years for john and jade to get between windows. clever boy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

creationist believer posted:

I'm pretty sure if I did that while I was drunk, I'd end up with interdimensional puke all over every plane of reality.

It is probably safe to assume that Roxy has already done this at least a few times. It's no wonder why momRose doesn't want to keep tabs (aside from being dead I mean).

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
The Problem Sleuth reference was one (awesome) thing, but I'm curious about the void in between the windows. Since she doesn't know what happens when you're stuck there, there's pretty much no way it won't happen at some point.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ohhhhhhh, that pumpkin!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Okay, that looks like a lot of fun. :D

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

snucks posted:

so assumably hussie just explained why it is taking 3 years for john and jade to get between windows. clever boy.

They're literally travelling at the speed of plot. How very Pratchett.

Boneless Jogger posted:

The Problem Sleuth reference was one (awesome) thing, but I'm curious about the void in between the windows. Since she doesn't know what happens when you're stuck there, there's pretty much no way it won't happen at some point.

The very next panel is going to be the power supply getting abruptly cut off when she's halfway through :(

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
So has everyone been appearifying Jade's pumpkins? Are we gonna see a secret room in Jane's house that is filled with pumpkins? Is Dirk's apartment going to be filled to the brim with pumpkins in every room aside from his bedroom?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Black Mage Knight posted:

So has everyone been appearifying Jade's pumpkins? Are we gonna see a secret room in Jane's house that is filled with pumpkins? Is Dirk's apartment going to be filled to the brim with pumpkins in every room aside from his bedroom?

Roxy mentioned in one her chats with Jane that Roxy kept appearifying all these pumpkins from Jane while experimenting. Presumably, this is how they met.

(This would parallel the B1 universe, where Jade sought out John because a package full of pumpkin seeds appearified in front of her)

And, yeah, then Jake was, much more wastefully, appearifying pumpkins from an entirely different universe, presumably from Jade.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gabriel Pope posted:

The very next panel is going to be the power supply getting abruptly cut off when she's halfway through :(

Being cut off mid-youth roll would probably be pretty messy. I wonder though if they're going to use that method when they eventually getting around to dealing with Lord English.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Edit: Note that I stole this out of the PYF Homestuck fanart thread in this post from a few days ago.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 27, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I'm rereading Hivebent again. I kind of rushed through it the first time because I found it kind of tedious, but now that I'm revisiting it through enlightened eyes I can really appreciate it now.

Looks like Hussie was intending on Karkat getting the hate-hots for John from the beginning. :D

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

EoRaptor posted:

Oh my god.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Portal physics? In my homestuck?

This can only lead to horrible cross overs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Talorat posted:

I can taste the pumpkin cake jokes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Talorat posted:

You act as if the Homestuck fandom hadn't done exactly that the second that update went up.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Hell, it's been happening for months:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bv7_P1JRr4

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

EoRaptor posted:

Edit: Note that I stole this out of the PYF Homestuck fanart thread in this post from a few days ago.

Terezi shouldnt flip in between portals. Unless shes doing some sort of arcobatic loving pirouette in the Betweenspace

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Her feet go in first on the Tavros orange portal, so they come out first on the Vriska blue portal.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Meme Emulator posted:

Terezi shouldnt flip in between portals. Unless shes doing some sort of arcobatic loving pirouette in the Betweenspace

She isn't flipping though, she goes in the orangebrown portal feet first, and out the blue portal feet first, she just isn't trying to correct her orientation.

e:f,b

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Meme Emulator posted:

Her feet go in first, thus they come out first. She doesn't have the boots to automatically set herself upright.

Edit: double beaten

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I think the issue was with the direction she's facing, not which end comes out first.

But I'm too tired to decide whether it's still right or not. Argue amongst yourselves, I'll side with the person who is most convincing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I think the issue was with the direction she's facing, not which end comes out first.

But I'm too tired to decide whether it's still right or not. Argue amongst yourselves, I'll side with the person who is most convincing.

Portals do have a 'top' and 'bottom' I'm pretty sure but all you have to do is fire it from the opposite side if you need to come out facing the other way.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Seepdy thgin goes in, spdeey tingh comes out
*pseedy thing
**speedy

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You act as if the Homestuck fandom hadn't done exactly that the second that update went up.

Come to think of it, the Void symbol and Aperture Science logo even look similar!

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Miracon posted:

Come to think of it, the Void symbol and Aperture Science logo even look similar!

Heh. She's an expert on traveling through the void between portals.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

scratch.php makes reading Doc Scratch's chatlogs so much easier.

It doesn't seem to work for the latest page though--it just redirects to the default style. I wonder why?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Second submission finished.

I remixed my previous Rays into this. For Kanaya.

Somehow, my AR theme, despite being the first one I started, will be the last one I'll finish.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Lady of the Beech posted:

scratch.php makes reading Doc Scratch's chatlogs so much easier.

It doesn't seem to work for the latest page though--it just redirects to the default style. I wonder why?

Everything since the Scratch segment ended is specifically set to the default theme - this is the same reason why you can't view the Scratch pages in SBaHJ mode.

vv Exactly.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Walliard posted:

Everything since the Scratch segment ended is specifically set to the default theme - this is the same reason why you can't view the Scratch pages in SBaHJ mode.

Oh I see, so because every page before the scratch segment had no specific theme set, that makes them exploitable?

EDIT: Man, I love pre-rage Gamzee. He's like the friendliest, chillest guy MoThErFuCkEr.

Lady of the Beech fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 28, 2012