Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shouldn't Kill Bill 3 be what Tarantino does after Django Unchained? It's been about the amount of time he said he wanted to let pass in between doing it. Maybe when that happens we'll see the Whole Bloody Affair release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

veonenergee posted:

This is awesome.

Aside from the morse code (which would mean nothing to people who haven't seen either movie/read the book), the poster perfectly expresses that it's a vampire film involving children. That, and it's bloody (no pun intended) gorgeous to boot.

EDIT: Well this is odd. I went on Olly Moss' website, and it looks like the version veonenergee posted is edited.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

kiimo posted:

BTW who can lend me a child so I can have an excuse to watch this?

Don't forget to watch the other ones first!

and the creative highlight:

And there's even more, cause they're all sequels to the Air Bud movies!

The "A good old fashioned Orgy" poster was faulted for it's photoshoped pile of 'unkowns'.

Other countries fixed this by making a complete mess out of it:

But I've noticed there's actually a clean and clever simplitic poster out there, too:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Shouldn't Kill Bill 3 be what Tarantino does after Django Unchained?
Hopefully he'll stick to making good movies instead.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Slasherfan posted:

I know it's fan made but I'm seeing ALOT of basklash for this movie.

If this was the actual poster I'd so watch this film in theaters.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I think we haven't posted the poster of The Artist:

I like it, it's simple, black and white with just a little of red.
The bad thing? Scriptina. I'm very sure the "The" is with the font Scriptina.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
What I find off-putting is that the word "The" is in the flashier and more eye-catching font - how does that make sense?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I'll never understand the obsession goons have with fonts. At least it's not comic sans or impact right?

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

I have always liked this poster because they could have gone in a very different direction but this lets everyone know that not all animated films are for kids.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Papyrus! Nooo!

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
While we're on the topic of fonts...

Madkal posted:

What is going on with this one? It looks like comic sans and really breaks the mood.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

mousku posted:

What is going on with this one? It looks like comic sans and really breaks the mood.
Technically it is a comic book though.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
New poster, hand-drawn and a bit creative:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

jet sanchEz posted:

I have always liked this poster because they could have gone in a very different direction but this lets everyone know that not all animated films are for kids.

If only my parents had seen that poster before they rented the movie for me. When I was 7. You were scarred by IT as a kid? Lucky you...I still can't watch Watership Down :gonk:.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Ez posted:

I'll never understand the obsession goons have with fonts. At least it's not comic sans or impact right?

I'm studying Graphic Design, and worked in a studio during December, we love to freak out about stuff like that. But yeah,overused fonts can make your whole work look cheap and amateur. Hell, using the wrong font can change the mood in your design.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I want to be clear here, are you saying Elizabeth Banks looks like a hag or is that 1st person?

No no, I was putting that in the potential marketing guy's mouth. I think Elizabeth Banks pretty much looks like just like an angel.

I know it's two pages back already, but this is just in case she is reading the thread.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

mousku posted:

It's going for a comic book look (since it's a graphic novel), and comic sans is a font that is originally intended to be used in those little boxes in comic books.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Although they could had used another type of Comic book font that wasn't Comic Sans. Like the Red Tails poster did. My boss would always avoid Comic Sans like the plague.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Desperado Bones posted:

I think we haven't posted the poster of The Artist:

I like it, it's simple, black and white with just a little of red.
The bad thing? Scriptina. I'm very sure the "The" is with the font Scriptina.

It looks like one of those "Diamonds are forever" commercials to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mousku posted:

In case you didn't know, Sin City is a comic book and the whole movie was designed to look like it was a comic. For it to use Comic Sans in boxouts is not only acceptable, it's the best possible representation of the movie.

And you won't hear that said again about Comic Sans, I imagine.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ez posted:

Yeah man, why are people sperging out over typography in a thread largely about graphic design? What's up with that?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Desperado Bones posted:

Although they could had used another type of Comic book font that wasn't Comic Sans. Like the Red Tails poster did. My boss would always avoid Comic Sans like the plague.

Comic Sans is largely based on the artist of Watchmen whose name is escaping me's handwriting in Watchmen, and he's come out as saying that he is both flattered and ashamed of that fact.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah man, why are people sperging out over typography in a thread largely about graphic design? What's up with that?

Oooh ya got me. Except I wasn't talking about sperging in this thread, I was speaking about goons in general.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GonSmithe posted:

the artist of Watchmen whose name is escaping me

Dave Gibbons. A sound bloke, and one whose legacy should not be marred by Comic Sans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jedit posted:

Dave Gibbons. A sound bloke, and one whose legacy should not be marred by Comic Sans.

Or the inane rantings of Alan Moore.

edit: Or the inane rantings of Frank Miller.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 27, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jedit posted:

In case you didn't know, Sin City is a comic book and the whole movie was designed to look like it was a comic. For it to use Comic Sans in boxouts is not only acceptable, it's the best possible representation of the movie.

And you won't hear that said again about Comic Sans, I imagine.

That plus it's more or less the font used in the comics.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

She just looks like she's holding a bowling ball in this, at least Cameron actually looks pregnant (which is of course ruined by giving her the worst tag line.)

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jedit posted:

Shame on you Dave Gibbons! Shame on you!

I like it,it's clever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Does this mean we have to update that Achewood comic to now feature Dave Gibbons?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Desperado Bones posted:

I like it,it's clever.

Awesome! Batman has a new enemy! A spider...dude? Maybe a girl? Spider-girl will surely give him a good fight!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Desperado Bones posted:

I like it,it's clever.

How is this story untold?

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How is this story untold?

Seeing as this is another origin movie, from what I've heard? It isn't in any way.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I imagine "the untold story" is meant for people confused by the fact that this is like the fastest remake ever, and can use a reminder that it's not a movie they've already seen.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Desperado Bones posted:

I like it,it's clever.

I like it because in an actual theater you only see the logo from a distance, but when you closer you actually see Peter above it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

davidspackage posted:

I imagine "the untold story" is meant for people confused by the fact that this is like the fastest remake ever, and can use a reminder that it's not a movie they've already seen.

Well not quite, it's been 10 years since the first Spider-man movie, and it was only 5 years between Hulk movies. But people actually watched the first (3) Spider-man movies so they shouldn't think they can get away with it so easy.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Farbtoner posted:

I like it because in an actual theater you only see the logo from a distance, but when you closer you actually see Peter above it.

Yeah, I thought it was a clever use of shadows. It's simple but you can see whoever designed this wasn't lazy.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I don't understand why it matters how long ago the first/last Spider-Man film came out.

If it's a good film then you've got another good Spider-man film, and if it's not then you just shrug your shoulders and move on. The original films still exist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's what it is, when you stop making profitable and quality sequels you reboot. That's the new blueprint.

See Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, Superman (getting a new reboot next year).

I predict a Punisher reboot and a Spawn reboot next.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't understand why it matters how long ago the first/last Spider-Man film came out.

If it's a good film then you've got another good Spider-man film, and if it's not then you just shrug your shoulders and move on. The original films still exist.

I'm not saying that. If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. I don't even like the Tobey Maguire one.

It's just so drat uninspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

I predict a Punisher reboot and a Spawn reboot next.

There have been three Punisher movies which all bombed. They're not going to make another one for a long while. As for Spawn, I doubt you will ever see another Spawn movie with any sort of real money behind it. That IP is just too 90s I think.