Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

snucks posted:

so assumably hussie just explained why it is taking 3 years for john and jade to get between windows. clever boy.

Except that this wasn't even necessary. Every window seems to link to another one in an entrance-exit pair. The one Jade used was linked to the one in Hussie's study/Scratch's Moon Base, and then they traveled to a second pair that presumably links to somewhere in B2. I thought we were led to believe the 3 nanosecond span between the two pairs of windows was what took three years, not the space between the linked windows.

But maybe it's actually the space between the second pair's windows that takes three years. Not that it really matters at all, but the fact he mentioned this, as well has the very heavy foreshadowing (who knows what happens when they're unplugged hint hint), pretty much means this is going to be important later. I wonder if that's the Void she has powers over (maybe between the windows is whatever is beyond the Furthest Ring, where the Horrorterrors are).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Andrew Hussie has a dark room full of hundreds of windows paired inches away from each other.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

It makes reading quite a few of the chat logs easier... until you get to Equius and Gamzee pesterlogs. :stonk:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Glory of Arioch posted:

It makes reading quite a few of the chat logs easier... until you get to Equius and Gamzee pesterlogs. :stonk:

That one is indeed problematic. I assume Hussie did not have scratch.php in mind when he picked those colors.

Also, your avatar is great and makes me want to play Nethack again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I find those colours almost indistinguishable normally, it's only on the black background that I can tell them apart.

But I sure as hell can't read them!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Walliard posted:

Everything since the Scratch segment ended is specifically set to the default theme - this is the same reason why you can't view the Scratch pages in SBaHJ mode.
A shame. I was hoping to try the Scratch theme on the current pages, since I find the light pastel colors on light gray difficult to read.

Sure helped make AR my new favorite character in a hurry, though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Glory of Arioch posted:

Is it weird that I can read that perfectly well? It's the normal background with some of the brighter colors that gets me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

YggiDee posted:

Andrew Hussie has a dark room full of hundreds of windows paired inches away from each other.

And that dark room also contains the wolf head.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Has this been posted? If so sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qlfeXnIxn4

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm not one for "headcanon" voices or anything, but I have to admit this sounds amazing.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

I can totally see Dave being that immature.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Here's another pretty hilarious one with Roxy.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZxTlVnahU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

0:24, 0:37 I am actually guilty of.

Also, you should post videos with a brief description.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish that video didn't exist.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, we could start guessing UU's "exclusively female" class I suppose. Witch, maybe Sylph, Maid...?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I'm sure you all have fond memories of Robert Blaker's Tomb of the Ancestors album? Yes? Good. Because I decided to remix "ETERNAL SUFFERING" off it. That piano line was just too good.
"An Empty Seal"

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I wish that video didn't exist.

Yeah, it's not a very good one. The poo poo people say videos are supposed to make a point about how casual everyday talk that even you may say is offensive without the speakers realizing it, like this one.

This doesn't really do that, besides possibly make the point that Homestuck fans can be obnoxious.

starfish prime
Jun 22, 2010
UU said that boid players have "a way with flUmmoxing even those with plans beyond mortal Understanding," so I wonder if that means anything for Equius? Could Hussie be telling us something??? Perhaps Equius is...wait for it...Lord English himself. :tinfoil:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
So it seems UU might be hinting at some similarity between Jane and Sollux. We still haven't seen the results of her lifey explosion. Perhaps she'll get to do the half-dead thing? I don't expect she has a Derse self since we would likely have heard of that, unless having one sleeping at the core is a Maid thing.

Of course she could just be talking in general terms, or about Sollux and Feferi - it's hard to tell since we still don't actually know much about the classes. But Sollux and Feferi didn't seem to have all that much in common in terms of their powers and contributions to goings-on, except that Sollux talked about dying a whole lot and Feferi did some useful stuff while dead? I don't know.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 28, 2012

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ahahahaha all of these are amazing.

Also, this update rocks. Having the actual classes be defined what with passive/active class pairs in great and it now means SPECULATION EVERYWHERE as to what classes pair up.

Also also, HECKACHECK is a good word and should be used by everyone.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I really liked this update. I've always wondered how classes worked in Sburb so this is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Of course she could just be talking in general terms, or about Sollux and Feferi - it's hard to tell since we still don't actually know much about the classes. But Sollux and Feferi didn't seem to have all that much in common in terms of their powers and contributions to goings-on, except that Sollux talked about dying a whole lot and Feferi did some useful stuff while dead? I don't know.

Both Feferi and Sollux have been seen loving around in the afterlife. In a way, it rather makes sense that both Life and Doom players would be loving around in the afterlife.

KoB
May 1, 2009

starfish prime posted:

UU said that boid players have "a way with flUmmoxing even those with plans beyond mortal Understanding," so I wonder if that means anything for Equius? Could Hussie be telling us something??? Perhaps Equius is...wait for it...Lord English himself. :tinfoil:

Vriska was using Equius to hide the magic cue ball.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Slime posted:

Both Feferi and Sollux have been seen loving around in the afterlife. In a way, it rather makes sense that both Life and Doom players would be loving around in the afterlife.

Well, all the dead players went on to gently caress around in the afterlife. But yeah, Feferi and Sollux both did so in unusual ways. Just... not terribly similar unusual ways, to my mind.

edit: I suppose "mage" and "witch" do go well together like "rogue" and "thief" do - although on the other hand, we've been told that a sylph is like a witch, but more magical.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 29, 2012

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Boneless Jogger posted:

I really liked this update. I've always wondered how classes worked in Sburb so this is pretty much exactly what I wanted.
Yeah, I really like the game mechanics and I want more information about the classes and aspects so baaaad

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Awesome to start seeing a bit more explanation regarding classes and aspects and stuff. Wonder how all the classes end up pairing up in terms of passive and active roles? At a guess, Page and Knight are going to be a passive/active pair. Heir and Prince too, maybe? Seer is probably a passive role, given the whole "act as team strategist and make sure everyone's doing the right thing" description we got from Scratch.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I honestly can't wait for the Sburb game manual/rulebooks that will inevitably be made once Homestuck is finished and Hussie's done dishing out canon.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

This update was great, since I love to learn more about how the game works. My only problem is that I thought it would have been cool to have female Princes.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
They're called princesses though.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Oh, incidentally, some ad shenannies.

This was the banner ad for most of today for everyone except US viewers; it goes to what seems to be some weird Anonymous-related conspiracy theory parody site or something.

For European viewers, it has now been replaced with this, which goes nowhere. (http://0.0.0.0, in fact.)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

This update was great, since I love to learn more about how the game works. My only problem is that I thought it would have been cool to have female Princes.

There could easily be lots more classes than the ones we've seen. There could be a Princess class that's the support counterpart to the Prince.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

There could easily be lots more classes than the ones we've seen. There could be a Princess class that's the support counterpart to the Prince.

The last Tumblr ask session confirmed that they stick to monosyllable titles.

So I'm guessing Mage/Sylph/Seer/Witch all pair off in some fashion, and Rogue/Thief is confirmed, so that leaves... Page/Knight/Heir/Prince/Maid/Bard. Bard kind of seems like the odd one out, which is apropos enough. I guess it could pair into the magicky roles but then there'd still be a loose end dangling. Of course, there's still always the possibility that some of these match off with outside titles.

Man this stuff is like crack for :spergin:. drat you, Hussie.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I have to admit, though, you could make a good play-by-post RPG out of this stuff.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I was intrigued by the talk of corruption from outside sources or extreme resistant to role - Rose going dark instead of light and Eridan becoming the destroyer of Hope, for example. I've always been interested in the idea of the players as more visible pawns of the villain(s), so it's interesting to get a little more confirmation.

Also, Roxy believes she descended genetically from her mother. Evidence toward the theory that this session has its' own ectobiology, if she's speaking from knowledge? Then again she makes such gross mistakes in understanding where her 'daughter' comes from that she's probably speaking from ignorance.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

The last Tumblr ask session confirmed that they stick to monosyllable titles.

So I'm guessing Mage/Sylph/Seer/Witch all pair off in some fashion, and Rogue/Thief is confirmed, so that leaves... Page/Knight/Heir/Prince/Maid/Bard. Bard kind of seems like the odd one out, which is apropos enough. I guess it could pair into the magicky roles but then there'd still be a loose end dangling. Of course, there's still always the possibility that some of these match off with outside titles.

Man this stuff is like crack for :spergin:. drat you, Hussie.

I think Maid and Bard might be paired up since Aradia's planet is the Land of Quartz and Melody.

That might just be grabbing at strings though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dolash posted:

Also, Roxy believes she descended genetically from her mother. Evidence toward the theory that this session has its' own ectobiology, if she's speaking from knowledge? Then again she makes such gross mistakes in understanding where her 'daughter' comes from that she's probably speaking from ignorance.

Roxy's in a weird place with respect to stuff like that. She knows that a lot of the material exists, and certainly how to use some of it, but she doesn't know much about will happen. This doesn't confirm anything, just that Roxy suspects they will be doing some ectobiological shenanigans in the future. She doesn't know anything, and UU neither confirmed nor denied anything there, either.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Come to think of it, the Troll session exiles and the Kid session exiles both used English keyboards on their exile terminals, which leads me to believe that it's sort of the default script in all Sburb games. This mysterious UU seems to be using a terminal, but with Alternian writing. I wonder if this means this is a terminal created or modified by trolls. (Or if Hussie just did that to hit us over the head with "UU is a troll".)

Nilbop posted:

They're called princesses though.

Girls can still be Princes, just like in my Japanese Animes!!! :swoon:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Lady of the Beech posted:

I think Maid and Bard might be paired up since Aradia's planet is the Land of Quartz and Melody.

Maid and Bard vaguely fit together thematically and are what's left if you pair Knight with Page and Heir with Prince, assuming Mage, Sylph, Seer and Witch are paired among themselves in some fashion.

I suspect Sylph+/Witch- but there's not much reason for it except that Kanaya's comment vaguely suggests the two classes might be paired - though of course the trolls didn't know as much about the game as they seemed for a while - and ascended Jade's activities have seemed more external than personal. Perhaps if Kanaya fully manifested her Space powers she could teleport herself, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Lady of the Beech posted:

For Page/Knight/Heir/Prince/Maid/Bard, I like:

Page/Maid - Both thief and rouge are both focused on being sneaky/stealing there element. Similarly, both page and maid are subservient classes, bound by their element, in contrast to classes like heir. Page, to me, feels more like a voyage of self-discovery (active), while maid is focused on, in Aradia's case, tying up loose ends and fixing the messes of other players.

Heir/Prince - Both "royalty" classes, often get their powers easily or expected to have total dominion over them. Heirs are pages that do not have to work for it, and are very focused on self, while successful princes (i.e. not Eridan) should focus their powers on helping and leading others around them.

Knight/Bard - Probably the weakest pair association, I like Knight/Bard because of their roles in the classic fantasy band of heroes, the knight fighting while the bard providing moral support. but the way they treat their class and/or how the class treats them are very different.