Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

There have been three Punisher movies which all bombed. They're not going to make another one for a long while. As for Spawn, I doubt you will ever see another Spawn movie with any sort of real money behind it. That IP is just too 90s I think.

People always say that, but we can't be stuck in this stupid '80s time warp forever (at least I sincerely hope not), they're gonna have to start ripping off the '90s eventually if they wanna keep up the trend of total creative stagnation. I hope it's soon because it can't be worse than the '80s, I hate the loving '80s.

e: not that I like Spawn or anything, it's just inevitable.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I always thought Henry Rollins should have been cast as the Punisher. He's too old now though.

Anyway, Spawn is only a "Will Smith is interested" away from getting greenlit.

Spawn is horrible by the way and any film would be horrible. I'm just saying.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Seeing as this is another origin movie, from what I've heard? It isn't in any way.

You must've heard wrong. The film is supposed to involve Peter's parents in some way, and they were barely mentioned in the Raimi films.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

kiimo posted:

I always thought Henry Rollins should have been cast as the Punisher. He's too old now though.

Jesus, that would've been perfect. What the hell, '90s Hollywood.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Jesus, that would've been perfect. What the hell, '90s Hollywood.

And just imagine a Cape Fear-era DeNiro as Wolverine...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Codependent Poster posted:

You must've heard wrong. The film is supposed to involve Peter's parents in some way, and they were barely mentioned in the Raimi films.

Don't Peter's parents have some ridiculously convoluted backstory in the comics or was that just the Green Goblin messing with Spidey?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Got this in today, the artwork is ok, nothing terrible or good although it looks like Ewans left eye is about to pop out.

I had never heard of it before so I decided to look it up and found this poster that just messes with my head.

Then I found this awful poster which looks like the cover to a trashy romance novel.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

Don't Peter's parents have some ridiculously convoluted backstory in the comics or was that just the Green Goblin messing with Spidey?

Yeah, it's something ridiculous that Stan Lee wrote. They were CIA agents that were killed by the Red Skull while they were on a secret mission to Algeria, leaving Peter to be raised by Uncle Ben and Aunt May from a very young age.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

Got this in today, the artwork is ok, nothing terrible or good although it looks like Ewans left eye is about to pop out.

I had never heard of it before so I decided to look it up and found this poster that just messes with my head.

Then I found this awful poster which looks like the cover to a trashy romance novel.

"A chef and a scientist fall in love as an epidemic begins to rob people of their sensory perceptions."

I kinda get this with the composition of the second poster but none of the others.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Jedit posted:

In case you didn't know, Sin City is a comic book and the whole movie was designed to look like it was a comic. For it to use Comic Sans in boxouts is not only acceptable, it's the best possible representation of the movie.

And you won't hear that said again about Comic Sans, I imagine.

I don't think Comic Sans looks very good as a proper comic book font. I mean, I don't wanna sound spergy but the original Sin City font isn't that bolded and ugly. Comic Sans just automatically makes me think about googly eyes and ms paint colors.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Dillbag posted:

Man, even though it's chronologically impossible, in the X-Men movie that exists in my head Charles Bronson plays Wolverine. While I was watching the new ones I kept thinking... well, I kept thinking holy poo poo this movie is awful through the third one, but I also kept thinking "man, Hugh Jackman's good, but can't we get a time machine and steal Charles Bronson from the 70's?"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cacator posted:

Well not quite, it's been 10 years since the first Spider-man movie,

:psyboom:

gently caress me, where's the time gone.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

Here's what it is, when you stop making profitable and quality sequels you reboot. That's the new blueprint.

See Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, Superman (getting a new reboot next year).

I predict a Punisher reboot and a Spawn reboot next.

X-Men hasn't had a reboot. First Class contradicts a couple of things from the other films, but it's pretty obvious it's meant to be in the same series, right down to Jackman as Wolverine and Stamos as Mystique. And they're talking about doing X-Men 4, which will hopefully ignore X3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wolverine was a reboot of sorts and first class was a reboot since Wolverine disappointed. I mean I liked it. But yeah X Men 3 (read: Brett Ratner) caused that. I didn't see X Men 3 and I didn't see Spiderman 3 which I felt was in my best interest. I saw Superman Returns but I guess he didn't Superman Return. I have this amazing plan I just made up to reboot Crow. It stars Adam Levine as the Crow and Christina Aguilera plays herself as the villain. They both do Joy Division covers involving dubstep. Katie Perry plays an extra terrestrial with a heart of gold but Russel Brand's part ends up on the cutting room floor based on focus group approval rating of 13%.

Somebody kill me I'm through the looking glass.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I looked at your concept and I think it can be slightly improved.

Adam Lambert is the Crow. He is killed in the middle of being absolutely fabulous, and is empowered with the powers of being the Crow, whatever that means, so he's undead and has the power to rock or something. His mentor is Lou Reed, but Adam Lambert rejects that, because Lou Reed is way too dreary and sees everything in black and white. Lambert thinks undeath needs more colour and being gorgeous. Lou Reed sulks away and Lambert finds a better mentor, Rupaul, who teaches him the powers of Charm, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are Lambert's rivals, and they act as recurring feuding partners with Lambert in making the world absolutely fantastic and amazing and delightful in their own special ways. Everyone is always much happier when the three of them appear together. The second act has them joining forces to defeat something terrible and poo poo, like I dunno Creed or Nickelback.

Gaga and Perry are respectively nearly killed by the assistant of a mysterious villain (the assistant being a zombified Johnny Cash), but are afflicted with some dumbass dark disease so Lambert must confront the dull villain to save them. Rupaul reveals a whole new power to Lambert which he harnesses to fly across a rainbow stream to another part of the undead world. He ends up in a cemetry.

Holy poo poo, Lou Reed is the mastermind after all! Lou Reed reveals he was trying to groom Lambert to be the harbinger of doom and gloom and make the world darker etc etc etc and too bad Lambert was too darling to be into that kind of poo poo. Lambert is like, "bitch, please" and with a flick of his little finger destroys Lou Reed's negativity and dresses him up in an Alexander McQueen and some beautiful Jimmy Choos. Lou Reed cries and learns to move on from being so boring.

The movie ends with a gigantic Glee party with Lambert singing alongside Gaga, Perry, and Henry Rollins too, because why not.

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 28, 2012

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I looked at your concept and I think it can be slightly improved.

Adam Lambert is the Crow. He is killed in the middle of being absolutely fabulous, and is empowered with the powers of being the Crow, whatever that means, so he's undead and has the power to rock or something. His mentor is Lou Reed, but Adam Lambert rejects that, because Lou Reed is way too dreary and sees everything in black and white. Lambert thinks undeath needs more colour and being gorgeous. Lou Reed sulks away and Lambert finds a better mentor, Rupaul, who teaches him the powers of Charm, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent.

Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are Lambert's rivals, and they act as recurring feuding partners with Lambert in making the world absolutely fantastic and amazing and delightful in their own special ways. Everyone is always much happier when the three of them appear together. The second act has them joining forces to defeat something terrible and poo poo, like I dunno Creed or Nickelback.

Gaga and Perry are respectively nearly killed by the assistant of a mysterious villain (the assistant being a zombified Johnny Cash), but are afflicted with some dumbass dark disease so Lambert must confront the dull villain to save them. Rupaul reveals a whole new power to Lambert which he harnesses to fly across a rainbow stream to another part of the undead world. He ends up in a cemetry.

Holy poo poo, Lou Reed is the mastermind after all! Lou Reed reveals he was trying to groom Lambert to be the harbinger of doom and gloom and make the world darker etc etc etc and too bad Lambert was too darling to be into that kind of poo poo. Lambert is like, "bitch, please" and with a flick of his little finger destroys Lou Reed's negativity and dresses him up in an Alexander McQueen and some beautiful Jimmy Choos. Lou Reed cries and learns to move on from being so boring.

The movie ends with a gigantic Glee party with Lambert singing alongside Gaga, Perry, and Henry Rollins too, because why not.

Even as a joke this is such an offensively bad idea for a movie in every single way that it hurts my head to imagine it existing.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Ez posted:

Oooh ya got me. Except I wasn't talking about sperging in this thread, I was speaking about goons in general.

Typography is hugey, hugely important. It's an art. A lot of 'goons' have taken to recognising one or two standard fonts and ranting about them, much in the same way that many of them in CD cling to the "praaaaaactical effeeects" bandwagon because it's the fast-track way to looking like a Film Connoisseur.

However, rather that than the other instance on here were someone was raging "why does it even matter" that Papyrus was on the Avatar poster, and that it wasn't important. This why we have such terrible posters now, because execs know that people will swallow any old poo poo and that the details don't matter.

It was mind blowing to see someone post 'lol u care about something' when discussing art - albeit commercial art.

Desperado Bones posted:

But then we have this:

I like this. Immediately evocative of the TV movie, and actually quite chilling. I really like Radcliffe and I'm excited to see him in this. The posters showing him beardy and sleep-deprived is a GREAT way to break him out of Potterdom.

echoplex fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 28, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

scary ghost dog posted:

Even as a joke this is such an offensively bad idea for a movie in every single way that it hurts my head to imagine it existing.

Soundtrack by 'Loutellica'.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

echoplex posted:

Typography is hugey, hugely important. It's an art. A lot of 'goons' have taken to recognising one or two standard fonts and ranting about them, much in the same way that many of them in CD cling to the "praaaaaactical effeeects" bandwagon because it's the fast-track way to looking like a Film Connoisseur.

However, rather that than the other instance on here were someone was raging "why does it even matter" that Papyrus was on the Avatar poster, and that it wasn't important. This why we have such terrible posters now, because execs know that people will swallow any old poo poo and that the details don't matter.

It was mind blowing to see someone post 'lol u care about something' when discussing art - albeit commercial art.

I like this. Immediately evocative of the TV movie, and actually quite chilling. I really like Radcliffe and I'm excited to see him in this. The posters showing him beardy and sleep-deprived is a GREAT way to break him out of Potterdom.
Also showing his dick on stage

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

bobkatt013 posted:

Also showing his dick on stage

Forgot about that. Also I just watched the trailer and it looks really naff, so balls to it all.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

echoplex posted:

Forgot about that. Also I just watched the trailer and it looks really naff, so balls to it all.

Naff? Please translate yourself, Englishman.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Naff? Please translate yourself, Englishman.
It means bad.

I figure this is the best place to ask; I've been toying with the idea of sprucing up this house here with some of my favourite movie posters. The best resource appears to be http://www.allposters.co.uk/

I am curious to know whether anyone has bought anything from this website before and if you have, is the quality actual poster quality or something not worth a tenner?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Adam Lambert as Crow
This is amazing.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Having actually worked for Todd McFarlane in recent years, at his offices in Phoenix, I can assure you he is still trying to get a Spawn movie going again, admist his other projects. I can also tell you that Todd is cool as poo poo and I can't knock on him for living every kid's dream. I mean, toys, comics, videogames, baseball... he really is a kinda inspirational figure even if you don't like the majority of his work.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

iTrust posted:

It means bad.

I figure this is the best place to ask; I've been toying with the idea of sprucing up this house here with some of my favourite movie posters. The best resource appears to be http://www.allposters.co.uk/

I am curious to know whether anyone has bought anything from this website before and if you have, is the quality actual poster quality or something not worth a tenner?

If you've got money to burn then you could pick up some screen printed posters. Check out [url=http://www.reelizer.com/]this site[url] and see if there is anything you like.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Oh man, I miss being near a good poster shop. There was a an amazing place in Toronto I would go to all the time. They had tons of rare stuff, good prices on it too. Back when I was supervising an animation studio there, me and a few others went to that shop and loaded up on classic posters to decorate our offices.

I think my favourite was this Temple of Doom variant poster:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh man, I miss being near a good poster shop. There was a an amazing place in Toronto I would go to all the time. They had tons of rare stuff, good prices on it too. Back when I was supervising an animation studio there, me and a few others went to that shop and loaded up on classic posters to decorate our offices.

I think my favourite was this Temple of Doom variant poster:

There is nothing wrong with this poster. Every constituent just says

"Guys, we're gonna have an adventure."

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nilbop posted:

There is nothing wrong with this poster. Every constituent just says

"Guys, we're gonna have an adventure."
If he didn't have the machete, it could be the start of a very romantic interlude.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

fenix down posted:

If he didn't have the machete, it could be the start of a very romantic interlude.

You're just dating the wrong women and/or men.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

westborn posted:

This poster literally made me hate Jack Black for ever and ever. I saw it, and I was like "I will never enjoy any movie this man has been in or will ever be in." I'm not even exaggerating. Before that poster, I had no opinion. Everything about it just makes me so mad.

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003

Rubber Slug posted:

This poster literally made me hate Jack Black for ever and ever. I saw it, and I was like "I will never enjoy any movie this man has been in or will ever be in." I'm not even exaggerating. Before that poster, I had no opinion. Everything about it just makes me so mad.

Why Jack Black? He didn't make the damned thing.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Rubber Slug posted:

Then you must have missed out on the new Muppet movie, and this makes me sad for you.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Nate Breakman posted:

Why Jack Black? He didn't make the damned thing.

I know he didn't, it's just that I'll think of that poster whenever I see/hear him, which in turn makes me think of terrible comedies, which makes me unable to enjoy whatever he's in. :/

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Jack Black is one of those guys who can either be surprisingly great or just intolerable depending on the material. Loved him in some things, hated his guts in others. Maybe I'm bipolar for him or something.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rubber Slug posted:

I know he didn't, it's just that I'll think of that poster whenever I see/hear him, which in turn makes me think of terrible comedies, which makes me unable to enjoy whatever he's in. :/

He is very good in High Fidelity.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
He's very good with the right script (High Fidelity, School of Rock, Orange County) but horrible in too many things. He seems to mostly be after easy paycheques these days what with all the animated work he's done.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

kiimo posted:

Depends, if you want to make the Punisher from the "MAX" Marvel imprint (same basis, but now he swears and shoots at mafia criminals instead of dudes in tights) Rollins is the perfect age, as the character is in his 50's-60's.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Jack Black is great in The Muppets and the Kung Fu Panda movies and that Community episode and all sorts of things. Jack Blacklash is the worst thing, he's a treasure.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mister Chief posted:

There have been three Punisher movies which all bombed. They're not going to make another one for a long while. As for Spawn, I doubt you will ever see another Spawn movie with any sort of real money behind it. That IP is just too 90s I think.
Disney/Marvel bought the Punisher license back recently from whatever studio had the rights. Supposedly they're considering making a TV series or miniseries or something out of it, rather than another movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Disney/Marvel bought the Punisher license back recently from whatever studio had the rights. Supposedly they're considering making a TV series or miniseries or something out of it, rather than another movie.

The rumor is TV Series on FOX, and the idea sounds loving awful. Imagine Dexter, but with a skull t-shirt.