Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quackquackquack
Nov 10, 2002
I signed papers with a company and told them a few days later I had changed my mind.

You do have a copy of all the papers you sighed, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

quackquackquack posted:

I signed papers with a company and told them a few days later I had changed my mind.

You do have a copy of all the papers you sighed, right?

I have my copies, but sent them a scanned version.

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

I posted this last year but we never found anyone.

We previously hired a goon for a Tech Support position who is awesome.

Who: Limestone Networks Inc.
Where: Dallas, TX

Feel free to PM me or add GOON in your subject so we know where it came from.

quote:

PHP/MySQL software developer (Full-time, long term)
Limestone Networks is looking for a talented software developer with a passion for hosting automation, dedicated, and cloud hosting to join our team.

We are looking for a skilled PHP5 programmer to maintain and develop components for a commercial software product which performs automated hosting management.

Must Haves:

* proficient in PHP5, Javascript, CSS, HTML, XHTML, and XML
* proficient in object-oriented programming
* proficient in MySQL databases with the ability to develop complex, optimized queries
* basic linux/unix knowledge (using SSH, understanding permissions, can run scripts from the command line, etc.)
* ability to provide at least 40 hours per week at our corporate office in downtown Dallas, TX
* solid written and verbal communications skills
* local to dallas/fort worth area, or willing to relocate

Preferred:

* proficiency in AJAX
* experience working with dedicated hosting backend systems
* experience with systems integration and automation
* experience working as a professional PHP developer
* knowledge of and experience with various browser quirks and oddities

Please submit a resume and a cover-letter in your initial email (please link to any websites you have worked on). The hiring process could consist of several phone interviews, an in-person interview, reference checks, and a review of PHP5 and Javascript code you have written.

Compensation is based on experience and expertise. You will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. You will be working for a company based in Dallas and working at our offices in downtown Dallas.

This position is with an established 4 year old startup company which has developed advanced hosting automation software. You will be working on the cutting edge of software development in a fun and challenging environment with other people who love their jobs.
Serious inquires only. No recruiters.
Send to employment at limestonenetworks.com

Gelob fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 3, 2012

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

lol internet. posted:

I did already sign the offer. Ethically, I understand it's frowned upon, but is there any legal obligation here?

Did you, you know... read the offer? Why are you asking the internet?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

Mierdaan posted:

Did you, you know... read the offer? Why are you asking the internet?

I did read the offer sheet.. it's just an offer. It doesn't explicitly say there will be legal action. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to be sure?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

lol internet. posted:

I did read the offer sheet.. it's just an offer. It doesn't explicitly say there will be legal action. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to be sure?

They're probably not going to sue you, just be unhappy. As long as it's someplace you'll never want to apply again you should be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol internet. posted:

I did already sign the offer. Ethically, I understand it's frowned upon, but is there any legal obligation here?

They won't care, it's normal that people change their minds and it's apart of the business. They will understand. And it's not like they can't easily replace you either. This job market, it's extremely easy to find qualified people right now. They won't be hurting.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Awesome,

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
I finished my two associate's degrees (computer systems security and network administration) back in December, and still looking for employment. There's only so much Minecrafting I can do in a day before I go nuts.

Anyone have leads for something IT helpdesk related near Ann Arbor, MI?

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
I might, actually. Sending you a PM.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hey computer folks, especially Texas-based or willing-to-relocate computer folks!

The company my girlfriend works for, Maxpoint Interactive, is hiring for a ton of positions. It's a targeted advertising technology startup based out of Research Triangle Park, NC, with its software engineering office in Austin, TX. They're badly shorthanded in Austin, and need experienced people to work on software engineering, statistics, and IT. The software engineering positions are focused on .NET Development and Java Development. There are at least 10 or 11 software engineering and IT positions, so I'll just link to their careers page rather than posting them all: http://maxpointinteractive.com/company/careers/

Maxpoint provides good benefits, including a full healthcare package and referral bonus. Please PM me or email me at scsaunde at gmail dot com so I can let her know whose resume to look for.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Mons Hubris posted:

Hey computer folks, especially Texas-based or willing-to-relocate computer folks!

The company my girlfriend works for, Maxpoint Interactive, is hiring for a ton of positions. It's a targeted advertising technology startup based out of Research Triangle Park, NC, with its software engineering office in Austin, TX. They're badly shorthanded in Austin, and need experienced people to work on software engineering, statistics, and IT. The software engineering positions are focused on .NET Development and Java Development. There are at least 10 or 11 software engineering and IT positions, so I'll just link to their careers page rather than posting them all: http://maxpointinteractive.com/company/careers/

Maxpoint provides good benefits, including a full healthcare package and referral bonus. Please PM me or email me at scsaunde at gmail dot com so I can let her know whose resume to look for.

Hows the pay? I know a few people in Austin that could be interested, but they're all very well compensated. Does it still have that startup feel to the company? Is it crazy hours?

Divyesh
Aug 5, 2011
Posting again as we are still looking...

Who are we?
We are on the cutting edge of the medical waste disposal business. The company
offers services to health care providers to make the disposal of medical waste safer and more efficient. It also serves customers in the
pharmaceutical, agricultural, hospitality, industrial, and retail industries. Products include medical sharps (needles and other sharp objects)
disposal systems, disposable IV poles, waste and equipment return boxes, linen recovery systems, and biohazardous spill clean-up kits. We also provides regulatory compliant waste tracking, incineration, and disposal verification services, as well as consulting services

Where are we?
Houston, TX

What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior level developer. We currently have one developer but bussiness has grown to where we need to bring in another developer and serve as the lead role.

Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
Microsoft SQL Server - Must be very strong with data. Please be familare with scheduled jobs
C# .NET (3+ years)
ASP.NET (3+ years)
Strong organization skills
PHP/MYSQL is a plus
Salesforce.com is a plus

How do I apply?
Send me an email at: brobertsonit at gmail.com (Include resume and salary expectations)

Anything else?
I'm the Director of IT, so no need to interview or talk with our HR. You will have tons of freedom in this position and you will serve as the lead developer in all projects. Tons of freedom and you will have your own office.

IT plays a very important role in our company and our excutives support us. We would like to find someone who can come in and take us to the next level!

Position is permanent and full-time.
401(k) with company matching
3 weeks paid time off per year.
Paid company holidays
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

skipdogg posted:

Hows the pay? I know a few people in Austin that could be interested, but they're all very well compensated. Does it still have that startup feel to the company? Is it crazy hours?

We're both in North Carolina, so I can't exactly comment on the hours in Austin, but the account managers at least do have some 12-hour days. Analytics works fewer hours, and I'd imagine engineers probably do too.

It's still a small company and it still has the hectic startup feel, but I am told they're willing to offer a competitive salary for good people. I wish I could give a figure, but I really don't know, sorry :(

DigitalHeretic
Sep 14, 2002
Re-posting (we are at least interviewing a goon currently...but have more openings on the East Coast)

Who are we?
Clinical Computer Systems, Inc (https://www.obix.com)

We are a perinatal fetal monitoring company. We go to hospitals and install computer systems that monitor fetal heart rates.

CCSI is a small company, around 100 employees. I've only been working here for just under a year but I would call it fairly typical for a company this size. We are growing from the "work out of the owner's garage" stage into a Small/Medium business.

Where are we?

The corporate office is in Elgin, IL (west suburb of Chicago). The majority of people are mobile workers and we don't go into the office but a few times a year.

If you live by a hub airport, you will do just fine...though right now we are desperately seeking people in the SE corner of the US (LA, FL, GA, NC, SC, look at a freaking map!). Again, if you live by a hub airport, it really doesn't matter..but you will likely get higher consideration in any of the areas I mentioned.

What are we looking for?

We are adding ~10 people to the staff in the next 14 months (or that is the goal). I'm pretty sure the books say we are suppose to add 4 more this year with 8 next.

You can read the formal job description here: http://www.obix.com/pdf/S35C-210102012040_Field_Engineer.pdf

Besides that, let me expand just a bit:

1) You must be able to travel Monday through Friday. Your pets, your wives, your girlfriends, your tolerance for TSA, and everything else...there is no getting around it. If you can't travel or don't enjoy to travel, you aren't going to make it so don't waste all of our time.

2) You must be able to learn things on your own without someone spoon feeding you information. This is a small company and like a lot of companies, a few people know how to do everything and very little is documented and none of it is documented well. If you can't pick things up on the fly and run with it, again, don't waste our time.

3) You must be able to manage your time without direct supervision. I talk to my boss about 12 times a year. If you can't be Independent, get what needs to be done, done and work all by yourself, don't waste our time.

4) No dishonesty. No one cares if you don't know how to do something, you forget something, or you break something.

5) How to deal with customers/clients/C level execs and not embarrass yourself or the company.

How do I apply?

Email me your resume at usurper !at gmail and I'll get in touch with you. If you're a good fit, I'll recommend you and the rest is in your hands...

Anything else I should know?

Negatives:
You must use your own credit card / money to pay for hotels & airfare & etc... you do get reimbursed twice a month (I've yet to have a problem..but clearly this is something to consider. I've spent upwards of $10,000 in a month for travel and such).

It is a small company with a family-ish feel. There are favorites and some stupid things that aren't likely to change.

This is not as technical as you would imagine. It's actually pretty simple..but there are a lot of moving parts.

Positives:
You get to keep any points/rewards/perks from your travels.

You will go everywhere and stay everywhere and get a chance to try about anything you want.

Once you're in...you're pretty much golden.

We are growing like crazy and you will have more than enough work for the next 3 years with no problems.

No office politics, tasks managers, etc...

DigitalHeretic fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 2, 2012

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
The job I posted a couple pages back is no longer available. Sorry, anyone who wanted to live in a really small rural town.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

DigitalHeretic posted:

right now we are desperately seeking people in the NE corner of the US (LA, FL, GA, NC, SC, look at a freaking map!).

what.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DNova posted:

what.

His map is turned 1/4 counter clockwise

DigitalHeretic
Sep 14, 2002

DNova posted:

what.

Nice... it should read SE. We are looking in the NE as well (NY, NJ, PA...etc)

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001
Well, I just found out today that the IT Manager's job I've been looking at getting for the last few years will now be filled by a younger model that just got hired. I figured I'd put some of my qualifications up and see if I meet anyone's computer janitor requirements.

My experience: 13 years in the IT field, progressed from a computer shop worker to IT Manager / Cyber Security Manager. Currently network engineer and "special projects" type position for a government contractor in a site of about 2000 users. Served as ISSM for 3.5 years and have authored the certification and accreditation package for the site. Served as technical lead in the Cyber Security department as well as manager.

I have done most everything from departmental planning/budgeting/scheming to deploying a VMWare View infrastructure for 300 people in a less than a week / building PCREs on our Snort box from captured network traffic. Currently working on a Cisco Nexus datacenter deployment, VoIP, and just finished initial deployment of our HSPD-12 logical access project.

My qualifications (HR Fodder): B.S. Computer Engineering, M.S. Engineering Management, CISSP, CCNA, MCSA, NSA-IAM/IEM, Active DOE "Q" Clearance (equivalent to TS/SSBI in the DOD world). Looking to get CCNP in the next year.

What I'm looking for: Senior-ish Cyber Security and/or IT position. Possibility of advancement.

Where I live: Southern Ohio

Where I'm looking: Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton. Possible to relocation for the right opportunity.

When I can start: Two weeks - one month after I get signed up.

Requirements: Regular Full Time, Benefits, pay other than company script. :)

Can be reached via: josh.conkel at gmail.com or PM

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
:siren: UPDATES! :siren:

I'm currently managing the group at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory that I left last year, and I have two positions to fill: one for a Systems Engineer II/III (depending on experience) and one for a Storage Engineer III. The Senior Systems Engineer position has been filled by an internal candidate from another group. Postings follow!

quote:

Systems Engineer

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is looking for a Systems Engineer with a solid understanding of Linux and/or Unix operating systems to serve as a member of a dynamic team of engineers/administrators in a diverse and challenging research environment.

The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience and interacting with managers at all levels.

Responsibilities:

• Design and implement Linux and Unix systems infrastructure in a 500+ server environment
  • Handle day-to-day operations support, including regular patching/maintenance, responding to user requests, and resolving service problems
  • Datacenter rack installation of servers, storage arrays and other computer equipment
  • Translate high level business goals into IT projects
  • Participate in weekly on-call rotation

Requirements:
  • Excellent knowledge of Linux and operating system concepts, including: virtual memory, process scheduling, device management, and filesystems
  • Proficiency in day-to-day Linux administrative tasks, including package installation and software deployment
  • Firm grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
  • Proficiency in identifying and troubleshooting system and application issues, including performance problems
  • Understanding of core infrastructure services including DNS and DHCP
  • Experience managing network filesystems such as NFS and CIFS
  • Knowledge of key web application platforms and technologies including Apache and PHP
  • Understanding of database technologies such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
  • Familiarity with authentication and directory services such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Microsoft Active Directory
  • Ability to write advanced scripts in at least one of: bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
  • Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
  • Ability to write thorough and cohesive technical documentation
  • 2+ years of system administration experience administering Linux or Unix systems

Desirable Skills:
  • Significant programming experience in any language
  • Experience automating large numbers of servers, especially with a configuration management system such as Puppet, Chef, or Cfengine
  • Ability to troubleshoot applications using system call tracers and debuggers
  • Experience in high-performance computing (HPC) or scientific computing
  • Experience with midrange SAN and scalable NAS platforms
  • Experience with an enterprise backup system such as IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Symantec NetBackup, or CommVault Simpana
  • Experience building RPM application packages and maintaining internal repositories
  • Solid understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, especially in a heterogeneous environment

Storage Engineer III
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, located on the North Shore of Long Island, is seeking an experienced Storage Engineer III with a solid understanding of Linux and Windows Server operating systems, SAN/NAS solutions and enterprise level backup systems. Working under the general supervision of the Systems & Storage Manager, the storage engineer will administer storage and backups in an enterprise environment, and perform additional IT related tasks as assigned. The storage engineer will also handle weekend on-call functions.

This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in training staff in complex topics and interacting with senior management. The ideal candidate will also possess Independent problem-solving, self-direction and documentation skills, having expertise in all aspects of storage administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, data migration, data protection and disk to disk backup/restore. The candidate must also have a solid understanding of Linux and Windows Server operating system, and the storage utilities used by them. Tivoli Storage Manager experience is also highly desirable. At least five or more years of storage administration experience is required, along with two to five years of systems administration experience, and two years of college or equivalent related education. A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.

We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.

PM me for more details or to send me a resume.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 4, 2012

falen55
Mar 15, 2006
Job Seeker

Just finished my IT Support contract with Rogers Communications a few weeks ago and am looking for full-time/part-time/contract positions.

What I'm looking for: Either desktop support, system/Windows administration, or anything else you can throw at me.

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming positions.

Experience: 6 months specifically in an IT environment. I've done lot's of on-site and remote software/hardware support for users, worked with Cisco, HP, Dell, Blackberry hardware and have provided software support as well. I've tinkered and troubleshooted servers, routers, switches, and many other pieces of hardware. IT and technology in general are my passion so I'm extremely receptive to learning everything there is to know in this field and anything related to it. I know it's not a lot but I'm a very quick learner and am willing to do anything required of me. No certs.

Where I live: Toronto, Ontario

Where I'm looking: Anywhere within the Toronto area and just outside, such as Barrie, Ajax, Hamilton, etc.

When I can start: As soon as possible.

Requirements: Not many, really. I have a car at my disposal so if any traveling is required it won't be a problem.

Can be reached via: PM, email at eugenelysikov [at] gmail (dot) com

Orty
May 14, 2007

Job Seeker

This is a long shot considering my location and experience but worth a shot.

My experience: Not a whole lot outside of academic work. Mostly working with C# and Java over the past 5 years or so. Little bit of experience with other random languages and can pick up new ones fairly quickly. Completing Computer Science bachelors degree this May.

What I'm looking for: Any kind of entry level programming or IT position.

Where I live: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the OKC area including Moore/Norman/Midwest City areas. If the job is something starting this summer then relocation is a possibility.

When I can start: Any time, Summer if relocation is needed.

Can be reached via: PMs

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Job Seeker

It's been a while, but sadly the startup I was working for failed, so I'm back on the job market.

My experience: A couple of years of IT and development internships, and a couple of years working IT and development jobs. I've done pretty much everything except networking and UNIX administration at this point.

What I'm looking for: An entry-level or intermediate-level position. Preferably in IT but I can handle most technical stuff at this point.

Where I live: Tallahassee, FL

Where I'm looking: Anywhere, really. I'd happily relocate for a decent offer

When I can start: Anytime

Dartanion
Apr 22, 2010
I have an opening for a Web Developer

Who are we?
The worlds largest manufacturer of a particular skin care product in bulk, with subsidiary companies managing the retail and marketing of the consumer packaged goods.

Where are we?
East Hampton, CT

What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Web Developer/General IT Nerd. It is a new position to deal with the increasing amount web sites and changes that I can no longer keep up with.
While the position is primarily WebDev, I am looking for a well rounded geek to help with other scripting and programming tasks, possibly sysadmin work depending on the skillset.
You need to know how the internet, and what makes people tick when they use it.
You will have heavy interaction with the marketing department and many outside firms that manage our brands, and will be guiding them on the latest trends and methods related to site usage and development.
Outside firms will be delivering much of the imagery and general design, your job is to make it work, and make sure they are providing the proper materials.
Drupal is a requirement, though previous experience in a PHP/MySQL CMS may be a valid substitute, if you can adapt to Drupal.
Though not definite, the position will likely manage our social media.

Tech Skills:
PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, AJAX, the usual.
CentOS and Ubuntu
SugarCRM

How do I apply?
Send me an email at: ADJobs100 at gmail.com (Include resume and salary expectations)

Anything else?
It's a family owned company. There are some dumb things that happen. On the flip side there is a lot of freedom in how things get done.

This is a permanent, full-time position
2 weeks vacation, 7 sick per year
8 Paid Holidays per year
Fully paid medical/dental/vision

EDIT:
Local candidates only. Not my call.

Dartanion fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 10, 2012

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Job Seeker

Been with my company for about 3 years after getting an IT Bachelors, working in the Datacenter Operations and Distributed Scheduling arenas. A bit unhappy with the corporate culture, and looking to get out of an entry level position into something a bit more lucrative and mentally challenging.

What I'm looking for: Willing to entertian anything, except...

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming positions, help desk

Experience: 2.5 years in a datacenter working with a major shipping company. Spent the first 9 months as entry level one operations staff, was made the lead of my group. Recently we have split off part of that team to form a highly specialized team to provide 24x7 Distributed Scheduling support at an enterprise wide level (Think $Universe, CA7, Autosys, Control-M).

Where I live: Orlando, FL

Where I'm looking: Locally preferred, willing to entertain other options.

When I can start: As soon as possible.

Requirements: Negotiable.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Orty posted:

Job Seeker

This is a long shot considering my location and experience but worth a shot.

My experience: Not a whole lot outside of academic work. Mostly working with C# and Java over the past 5 years or so. Little bit of experience with other random languages and can pick up new ones fairly quickly. Completing Computer Science bachelors degree this May.

What I'm looking for: Any kind of entry level programming or IT position.

Where I live: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the OKC area including Moore/Norman/Midwest City areas. If the job is something starting this summer then relocation is a possibility.

When I can start: Any time, Summer if relocation is needed.

PM sent. Nothing concrete, but there might be an opening that fits you.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
EDIT: Found a job.

Job Seeker

Got laid off about a week ago due to business generally being bad, time for the resume/interview song and dance again.

My experience: B.S. In Computer Science from 2008. Almost 4 years of full-time experience developing Java libraries and GUIs. Same amount of experience for web applications using JSP and JQuery. I also know some C++ and C#.

What I'm looking for: Any Software-Engineer-like job.

Where I live: Texas

Where I'm looking: Open to anywhere in the US, but mainly focusing on in-state. Austin TX would be ideal.

When I can start: Immediately

Panzerschwein fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 2, 2012

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice
Why not?

Job Seeker

Experience: I've worked about a year for a web host, primarily managing the pre-sales/billing department. I hire/train new staff, handle angry customers, and do miscellaneous things like track down and handle users abusing server resources/spamming, provision VPSes, set up Tomcat, restore backups. Entry level type stuff.

What I'm looking for: Any position where I can grow in terms of technical knowledge and experience.

What I'm not looking for: Development/programming, accounts/management type jobs like I am doing now. Any job where my desire to advance won't be considered an asset. I work very hard and I learn very quickly, and I want to be in a position where that means something. I know this sounds like resume buzzword horseshit, but it's the truth.

Areas of interest: Linux, virtualization, networking, backups/storage

Where I am looking: Anywhere warm. I'm in Michigan now, my preference would be Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio. (basically, I like Texas but don't want to live in Austin.)

When I can start: It really depends. 2-4 weeks from receiving an offer. I am currently in the process of replacing a couple of people who were let go, so I would need time to stabilize my department and train a replacement, as well as potentially relocate.

Why I am worth hiring: I spend almost all of my free time (which is admittedly not a lot) learning as much as I can. I'm studying for the RHCSA and CCNA now, though the networking has taken a backseat until my job calms down a little. I don't have much worthwhile experience, but I don't need my hand held and I can figure out whatever you tell me to figure out without loving anything up or wasting your time.

E: reach me through PMs or decaye at gmail dot com (my spam havin' email, obviously not the one I use to apply for jorbs)

Comradephate fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 10, 2012

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dartanion posted:

I have an opening for a Web Developer

Sounds right up my alley, I've sent you an email.

Stemmler
May 17, 2004

Job Seeker

Hours being cut at work due to lack of work. Looking for new options.

Experience: 10 years designing, installing, and maintaining small business networks. Worked with networks up to 70 users. MS certified in 2000, 2008, win7, and Exchange. Know VMware ESXi and view very well.

What I'm looking for: Anything Windows server or desktop administration. Or similar position.

Where I am looking: Long Island, NY area and possibly NYC

Where I live: Port Jefferson, NY

When can I start: I am currently still working, so 2-4 weeks after I give notice.

Can be reached: PMs or WDonnelly19 at gmail dot com

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.
The company I work for, a small IT consulting and outsourcing business in Lafayette, Indiana, are looking for a few more consultants:

Consulting Responsibilities
• Evaluate client’s needs and determine the right technology solution for a customer’s needs
• Assist with preparing the Statement of Work when appropriate
• Present solutions to prospective customers
• Assist in each stage of the sales process in order to close the sale

Technical Specialization
• Thorough working knowledge of recent Microsoft Operating Systems from Windwos 2003 to Windows 2008 R2, and Active Directory (including leveraging Group Policy Objects).
• Experience with major Microsoft Application Services including: Exchange Server, SQL Server, Internet Information Server, System Center Products and server clustering.
• Experience with VMWare, HyperV, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and Linux.
• Experience with IBM Server Hardware and BladeCenters.
• Experience with Storage Area Networks using Fibre Channel and iSCSI.
• Experience doing backups with various backup platforms

Desired Qualities

• Self-motivated
• Quick to learn new technology
• Capability to multi-task
• Good communication skills: phone, writing, client presentation skills
• Good business appearance
• Ability to develop good relationships with customers and internal staff
• Understanding of the sales process

Desired Certifications
• Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP)
• A+
• Network +
• Server +
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)

Education
• Bachelor degree in a related field and/or a minimum of five years relevant experience in the Information Technology field.

If you're interested don't feel as though the above requirements are set in stone. You'll be given opportunities to certify and work with a broad range of technology pretty quickly.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
(Can an admin kindly remove the position I was at in NJ? It's been a while since I was there)

Got a new position that's been created at my current job. It's not so high on the engineering scale but it's going to be great if you have some lower level IT experience or knowledge and want to build on that knowledge. It's primarily lower-level resolution skills at its core - you'd be responsible for answering calls and emails, documenting the problem, and escalating it to the appropriate tier and engineer, but there's plenty of room to resolve if you know what it is.

Monster posting with more details: http://jobview.monster.com/Help-Desk-Coordinator-Job-New-York-NY-106522101.aspx

Who are we?
A managed services provider in Manhattan. We provide IT services for a broad range of companies and industries, from three-person trading and import operations to nationwide enterprise consumer products manufacturing and distribution. Our support ranges from two-machine desktop only shops to complex networks with MPLS, multiple VLANs, you name it.

Where are we?
The Garment District of Manhattan, between Port Authority and Penn Station. Easily accessible from either as well as mass transit.

What are we looking for?
Two Helpdesk Coordinators - I won't lie, this is an experience-builder and one for a person who has a good customer service orientation but a skill set that focuses on the technical. You'll be taking calls and emails, escalating them, but there's always room for growth.

How do I apply?
PM me with your resume or email it to mjpbyron at gmail dot com.

Anything else I should know?
This position doesn't involve late hours or coverage - you will not be asked to do any kind of after hours, on-call, or otherwise. The company is very big on growing talent and huge on certs, they love certs of all kinds so long as you know what you're talking about.

We also just put into place a bonus structure, pegged to annual revenue, which supplements the previous bonus structure of project time and overtime. (We're salaried but anything above 40 hours a week is time and a half as a quarterly bonus)

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions - I don't lurk this thread much but I do respond quickly to PMs and email.

Both positions have been filled, one with a goon! If we have any future openings I'll be sure to post 'em up.

MJP fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 24, 2012

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
This has been filled.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 21, 2012

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I'm an IT recruiter in the Atlanta area and am in a bit of a pickle looking for a Java engineer. The position is a long term contract, at least a year, and potentially going permanent if you are interested. A majority of the work can be done at home, but you may need to come into the Norcross headquarters or meet with the architect on occasion at a local Starbucks. We will consider people who are not in Atlanta if they are able to make the occasional trip (once a month or so) to meet.

The details of the position are as follows:
The software engineer will assist in the development and support of the client's integrations between Salesforce.com and all their legacy systems (mostly MoveX ERP but others include engineering configurators, license managers, etc):
1. 6 - 8 solid Java development experience.
2. Multi-threaded server (client/server or web) experience highly desired
3. Well-formed XML generation and parsing in Java required (JAXP, SAX, DOM).
4. Any messaging platform experience strongly desired, especially MQ Broker 7. However, JMS, CORBA, RMI, JAX-RPC experience is fine.
5. Salesforce API (Java) and any NoSQL database (Data Nucleus, Google, AWS, Salesforce) experience highly desired but least likely to find.

What's important is that the client is not looking for web people, but more on the back end, application side. The rate is fairly open as well.

If you are interested, send your resume to LThompson at SiriusWorks dot com with a phone number and I'd be happy to reach out and share more information.

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Job Seeker

What I'm looking for: Network/System Administration/Engineering position. Mid-Senior level.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk work, Programming positions, contract/1099 work, manager positions, I don't mind dealing with clients, but I do not want to tell people to reboot their poo poo all day.

Experience: 4 years pure helpdesk, 3 years network administrator, 6 months IT manager (stepped down due to lack of interest on my part and I was still doing allll the tech work),
Server 2000-2008, Exchange 5.5-2010 (stronger in 2010 than any other versions), 3rd year of working at a very small Managed IT services company, am currently the only Senior-level guy there.

Where I live: Parsippany, NJ

Where I'm looking: Northern NJ, NYC, Virginia, MD, DC, AZ, NV, pretty much anywhere on the east coast (except Florida or north of Massachusetts) , or one of the dry, hot states out west.

When I can start: 2 weeks notice at my current job = you're fired, but lets say 2 weeks just to be safe since I am one of 2 technicians still left

Requirements: If it's an out-of-state job I will need some time to pack my poo poo and move, will also need to clear it with the wife. If in NJ/NY area it's gotta be at least 55K or more starting.

Can be reached via: PM, e-mail michaeldaly@googlemail .com (replace googlemail with what you know it is), recruiters OK!

Beelzebubba9
Feb 24, 2004

Stemmler posted:

[useful stuff]

PM sent!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I work for a small/medium sized IT consulting company, I guess you could say we're a value added reseller? I don't know but basically we do a lot of poo poo with servers. The position would be working with me in our Downtown Los Angeles datacenter doing mostly:

- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP2
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- Microsoft SQL 2008 R2? I forget the most recent version that isn't the new release..

Also a lot of general datacenter tasks such as running cables, building out cabinets, mounting switches, configuring switches...

And a lot of answering support tickets from our mostly business to business type customers.

Once you pass some amount of time training with me you'd probably work unsupervised for at least 3/4 of your shift, alone, in a sometimes dark and loud datacenter... Some people seem to have a problem with this kind of solitude and maintaining a good work ethic, so please don't even contact me if you would do this because it's a pain in my rear end.

I basically run the place and with my backing you will get hired, you can contact me on AIM "ssooyy" or email me at ssooyyy AT gmail.com with your resume. If I think you would work out I'll present you as a personal friend and get you past the executive management and working.

You'd still have to interview with my boss, but assuming you are at least somewhat qualified this will not be a problem.

The pay typically starts around $35k/yr however this is up to you to negotiate with the management.

It is also likely that this would be a non-standard shift from anywhere 12pm-4pm starting... Not sure yet on this.

Also, looking for people who want to have a career in enterprise IT and are willing to work their way up the ladder. Preferably not people that want to eventually become rock stars and are just doing IT to pay the bills. Seriously, this happened.

Certifications and experience are cool and all but I've hired enough useless CS bachelor degree guys to know that it doesn't actually count for poo poo.

More about us

We're a small company about 5 employees that provides a ton of services to different companies. Mostly we manage servers that we lease to companies for SQL farms, web farms, hosted exchange/lync, various other linux stuff, lots of VoIP...

I don't really want to link my companies website and attach my forums name to them here so I can provide our websites when we talk.

soy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 16, 2012

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

FYI if anyone is interested in moving to Dallas, TX we will provide re-location assistance for the right person.

Post is above, PHP/MySQL software developer (Full-time, long term)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3075135&pagenumber=47#post400017229

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Off the market :yotj:

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 18, 2013