Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tranceMD
Apr 25, 2006

Forsooth! Methinks thou art no ordinary talking chicken.
Skullgirls has officially become one of those games where the only thing more annoying than people bitching about it (prerelease, naturally) are the people willing to defend the game with their very lives (again, prerelease). Actually I think it works both ways, so everybody loses. Oh well. I hope everyone can at least agree that Peacock looks neat.

STiL. posted:

Everybody's been bitchy lately in this thread. Let me take this opportunity to bitch about it.
Excuse me "STiL.", but I do not believe this is the correct thread for your post.

Also, I smugly disagree with your sentiment. Heh, served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
I own Blazblue CS. Whats up with BBCS extend?

Is it available as a patch, like AE, or do I need to buy the game to play the latest BB? Do you get all the currently DLC characters free if you buy BBCS extend, etc?

edit- nevermind, it is a standalone game

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 28, 2012

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

so i'm going to a tournament in Killeen, Texas today and I noticed that the dudes streaming it (BoomGorillas) usually operate out of a place they call "The House of Goons." I wonder...

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

40 OZ posted:

I own Blazblue CS. Whats up with BBCS extend?

Is it available as a patch, like AE, or do I need to buy the game to play the latest BB? Do you get all the currently DLC characters free if you buy BBCS extend, etc?

edit- nevermind, it is a standalone game

EX is new version with everything updated, DLC chars included and new cool dude Relius and more horrible story.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

That thread is about gameplay discussion only, so he can't poo poo it up there.

Thats a shame.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Cinroth posted:

EX is new version with everything updated, DLC chars included and new cool dude Relius and more horrible story.

Unfortunately it's still the same boring rear end game. At least that Relius dude has some swag.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
More like still the same owniest game, BOOM :nattyburn::cmon::iceburn:

BBJ be good for something and answer my question in MBAACC thread, tia

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Blazblue is objectively superior to your fighting game of choice and I will be playing the gently caress out of CSX. :colbert:

edit: If anyone feels like making a BBEX thread, be my guest. My CS2 thread is on page thirteen and I'm kind of inclined to just let it die because I don't know nearly enough about fighting games to be able to make a competent OP for one and it shows. \/:shobon:\/

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 29, 2012

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Is anybody looking for the Mortal Kombat Klassic arcade stick? I have one that I'm gonna flip on ebay but I'd rather obviously sell it to one of you cool bros. I can also mod it if that's your jazz.

I don't actually know what the demand for these things is. I've been told they're pretty nice, with a foam bottom and all, but gently caress if I know anything about what MK players want (I used to play UMK3 on my 64, that and like ten hours of the new one is my MK experience).

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Sade posted:

She's a parody of ninja characters in fighting games, dude, but I guess if you're gonna take a dump on an unreleased game in the wrong thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3458689) you might as well do it after looking at one picture and not watching any gameplay videos, right?

The whole reason I made that post was because of the gameplay video that was posted, friend! She has Mai-level cleavage going on there.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

curleh mustache #2 going on right now

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

One and the Same posted:

Blazblue is objectively superior to your fighting game of choice and I will be playing the gently caress out of CSX. :colbert:

edit: If anyone feels like making a BBEX thread, be my guest. My CS2 thread is on page thirteen and I'm kind of inclined to just let it die because I don't know nearly enough about fighting games to be able to make a competent OP for one and it shows. \/:shobon:\/

Yeah, I'm pretty much holding my breath for CSEX at this point. I'm a sucker for 50 hit combos and good music, what can I say. Sadly, it seems it won't be played at EVO '12.

Been trying to get into SSF4AE in the meantime, but I think it's too good for me or something. poo poo will fall towards the sky before I manage to pull off a FADC combo.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Heavy neutrino posted:

I'm a sucker for 50 hit combos and good music, what can I say.

There's this game called Melty Blood...

Just saying.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Callick posted:

so i'm going to a tournament in Killeen, Texas today and I noticed that the dudes streaming it (BoomGorillas) usually operate out of a place they call "The House of Goons." I wonder...

Nope, no relation. Just a bunch of dudes who play 3D fighters that open up their house for everybody else to play on Friday nights in Dallas.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I'd love to see a CSEX thread. Assuming people would post in it, that is. The last two threads haven't gone very well at all.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Heavy neutrino posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty much holding my breath for CSEX at this point. I'm a sucker for 50 hit combos and good music, what can I say. Sadly, it seems it won't be played at EVO '12.

Been trying to get into SSF4AE in the meantime, but I think it's too good for me or something. poo poo will fall towards the sky before I manage to pull off a FADC combo.

You might get into something like Melty Blood or MVC3 if you really like the speed and big combos. It might just click more with you.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Marlinpie combos are so awesome to watch :allears:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Gutcruncher posted:

You might get into something like Melty Blood or MVC3 if you really like the speed and big combos. It might just click more with you.

He should play Melty. If he likes BB, then Melty should blow his mind.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
From EVO is there video of the bisongirl vs sherry jenix drama?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone know anything about the Hinokakera games? I've been reading up on 'em a little and they seem like they might be kinda neat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BBCSEX thread is up for those who really care about anime fightan' that isn't MBAACC. I didn't even know people requested it, I just saw there was no thread for it and realized it was midnight and I wanted to type up a lot of poo poo about Relius... then I realized I had to put more info about other stuff and I was like :smith:.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
This might be old news, but that french Third Strike frame data website has updated with a really awesome hitbox viewer. You can walk through every frame in the game and see when hitboxes go active during moves. Not sure how useful it is, but it's still cool.

Just click on the box to the left of a move.
http://ensabahnur.free.fr/BastonNew/index.php?id=11

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgE9wlV2_sM

Go Steve!!

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
:siren: SF4 XBL Tournament on Sunday :siren:

Costs nothing to sign up! You also don't win anything though, so...

I'm running this thing Xbox only this time, if this pisses you off PLEASE LET ME KNOW and I will try to make you happen next time!

Any questions about this please just ask here on the forums or anytime in the IRC channel (info's in the sign up link).

:siren: Melty Blood Tournament on Monday :siren:

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3co5rwrq35

Also fee-less, prize-less. This poo poo's on PC if you didn't know. Same IRC channel as above.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 30, 2012

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
All of these own so far, holy poo poo.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Stupid 3S question:

Ken's cr.lk x2 xx SA3 feels really weird to me and I can't hit it consistently. I noticed you can hold down and press lk twice really fast and ken will stay crouched and chain the kicks together even if you take your hands off the stick, which is cool, but trying to take advantage of this to buffer super doesn't seem to work.

I might just be misunderstanding how the cancel works I guess? Am I trying to cancel the cr.lk's hitstop into the super or is it at some later point during the recovery, like off of Chun's cr.mk? Or does it work in a more janky way, like doing Ken cr.lk x2 xx Super in ST where you have to renda cancel first?

I know this seems like a super simple thing and maybe I'm over analyzing it but just doing it in training mode hasn't really helped me understand how it actually works so far. Doesn't feel natural to my ST/SF4 sensibilities.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
You have got to hit-confirm it and then cancel to super. Learning to hit-confirm lk, lk is a bit hard. I would recommend trying with lk, lp, lk (Works on all crouching characters) first and then go learn the 2 hitter (doing lk, lp works just as well).

For example, if the 2 kicks hit, do the QCFx2 after you have pressed the last kick button so it buffers during the animation and then drum the kick buttons.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
^^^ :confused:

Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO of MLG posted:

I really want to tweet about how @MrMLGAdam - will also be announcing our fighting game plans via twitter on Wednesday as well. But I won't

Didn't notice this mentioned in here.

Who is ready for some motherfucking e-sports? Any speculation on which games they are gonna run?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Do the kicks and then combo them into the super

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
gently caress esports and gently caress fighting games where is resident evil 6

vvv NO I WANT LEON

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 30, 2012

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Cinroth posted:

gently caress esports and gently caress fighting games where is skullgirls

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

... It's in your heart.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Do the kicks and then combo them into the super

I am trying but then it doesn't work a lot of times and I don't know why!

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Consider upgrading to the heart of a warrior.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Trykt posted:

I am trying but then it doesn't work a lot of times and I don't know why!

Can you cancel one kick to super? If not, you are doing the super to slow.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

40 OZ posted:

^^^ :confused:

Didn't notice this mentioned in here.

Who is ready for some motherfucking e-sports? Any speculation on which games they are gonna run?

Games with Good Graphics. Actual quality of game play likely does not matter.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
It's been a while since I played 3S, and didn't play much Ken (I mean in relation to every one else picking Ken3 every game), but you could c.lk x3 x qcf+p, qcf+k and cancel the fireball into it, right? I don't know what effect it would have on the scaling but it's an easier input.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Yes. It's a common tactic to eke out a little more damage on your combo, although it didn't usually start with cr.lk x3, since the scaling sucks already by that point.

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
If you just do low short, qcf, low short, qcf, drum kicks if they're getting hit or go into whatever mixup if they're blocking, it's really easy. Also throwing a fireball is going to make the combo do less damage every time, and it's massive red parry bait if they're blocking so just learn to do Ken combos right, if I can do them anyone can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My trick for doing Ken short short super is to buffer the QCFs inside the shorts so the confirm is as simple as pressing the kicks at the end. I do d+lk, df, f, d+lk, df, f+HK for the confirm.

It's a scrubby as hell trick and only works with Ken, but oh well.

• Locked thread