Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Can't say I'm too happy about them releasing the pre-order and launch bonus cars. Not that I'm pissed about losing my exclusive cars that I never use, just the cost of getting the pre-order cars I didn't have. Buying the 4 cars I don't have costs more than the $7 for the pack. Though I don't want to spend that much on a pack I already own most of. Would have been nice if people who already had the pack could re-download it and get the new cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Ford Consul in the next DLC pack please!
That or a mk1 Capri.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So what sort of set up do people use for their wheels. I bought a Fanatec wheel and pedals and the little table I have for in front of the TV just isn't cutting it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I bought a Fanatec wheel stand. It's really great because it can fold up and its really sturdy. Some people can build their own but I bought it for myself as a Birthday gift.

I also just attached these: http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/Tilton-Style-Pedal-Pads.html

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Can you use the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals with the Fanatec CSR Elite on the 360? I was reading about the interoperability and it sort of felt muddied when it came to the CSR/CSR-E.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

As far as I know yes, the Clubsports come with the PS/2 to PS/2 connection it uses to connect to the wheel. I'm sure all the Fanatec wheels have that connection.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hot drat. Ok I know what I need to save up for, thanks!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

JingleBells posted:

I've spent far too long making this for our next SAEG race, but I can just about share the car design - I just need to make either evo or AutoEXPRESS for under the number:

Thanks to Sunday Punch for the Recaro and Dunlop logos

It's based on:

Fabrizio Giovanardi VX Racing Vauxhall Astra BTCC btcc by tonylanciabeta, on Flickr

Turned out really well, nice job!

Finished off my Sumo Power GT-R

Best thing about it is you can do a RWD drivetrain and throw in a motorsport VK45 from the Super GT car, just like the real GT1 cars :)

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Saw the last picture in that post and nearly started crying and begging you to teach me your skills. Then I realized it's the actual cars themselves. :v:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I would kill for texture resolution that high :smith:

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Sunday Punch posted:

I would kill for texture resolution that high :smith:

Nevermind the widebody kit/flared arches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The DLC announcement today is gonna have Porsche and kittens in it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I said come in! posted:

Somehow, I don't believe they'll have porsche.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Awwwwww.

I mean, Waaaaa!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I just want to drive a 928 :negative:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

I said come in! posted:

This would be amazing.

I'm hoping for a Zonda pack, myself. There are too many awesome Zondas in the world while not being in Forza 4. Seriously, take a look at this and tell me you're okay with it not being in the game:

or this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like Zonda's, there I said it.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Zondas are cool but there's already a bunch in the game, no need to follow GT down the dark path of including excessive numbers of nearly identical cars.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I don't remember seeing this discussed already, but has anyone else had trouble getting their leaderboard time to update for the CJ Wilson rival challenge? I beat his time by a full second but the facebook board is still showing me as 2sec slower and it's been over a week since I put that time down.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Every time I check that facebook board I've gone a second slower. I think it's busted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is a longer wait then normal for the DLC announcement.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
You guys have a link to that list of times for the CJ Challenge?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bentai posted:

Can you use the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals with the Fanatec CSR Elite on the 360? I was reading about the interoperability and it sort of felt muddied when it came to the CSR/CSR-E.

Yep, Clubsport Pedals work with all the Fanatec wheels. (The CSR-Elite is awesome, buy it)

SatanX
Aug 25, 2002

I am the Don Quixote of donkey dookie
This game makes a hard argument to buy a good wheel / pedal / shifter combo with a cockpit (playseat).

Anyone notice when you rewind a replay, any smoke is reversed? (I was driving around with a nice trail of smoke, when I rewound it, the smoke was leaving a trail from the front of the car, away from it)

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I muted the in-game music a long time ago, but I remember being really mad the first time I used rewind and the music didn't play backwards.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah any tyre tracks you leave on the road surface will stay there too. Also things don't always happen exactly the same way twice if you rewind. Try running over some cones and scrubbing back and forth a few times, they fly around differently.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
They are just updating the site.

Your gonna be happy.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/february_ALMS_pack/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TylLML1U-OI

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1

OH. MY. loving. GOD.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

787B for real this time :fap:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

GhostDog posted:

1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1

OH. MY. loving. GOD.
It had better sound loving mental

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

real_scud posted:

It had better sound loving mental

I hope so. The sound is the best thing about it. That and its beastly angular look.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Cannot Find Server posted:

787B for real this time :fap:

I wonder if we can drop that things engine into an MX-5...

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
155 Q4. GAME OVER. THANKS FOR COMING EVERYBODY.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Finally!!!! With the addition of the "Rampage" Edition Dodge Bloatwagon, I can drive my car from Saints Row 3 in Forza 4.

Brb, bolting on an additional 200 pounds of weight to my sportscar

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I am very excited about this.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I tore a hole in my boxers from this massive car erection of mine.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Ringo Star Get posted:

I tore a hole in my boxers from this massive car erection of mine.

Oh yeah? Well I schwinged so hard, my Ottoracebox now has a hole for a cupholder.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sport quattro, Alfa 155 Q4 and motherfucking 787B. Holy poo poo, Turn10 delivers.

R18 is just icing on the cake.

Sunday Punch fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 31, 2012

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Jarf posted:

I wonder if we can drop that things engine into an MX-5...

Or a Miata, or the Ultralight. Hellooo spinning tires in 6th.

\/ There's no 3 rotor in 4.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

PopeOnARope posted:

Or a Miata, or the Ultralight. Hellooo spinning tires in 6th.

Hell, a three rotor Miata can already pretty easily light 'em up north of 200 MPH.

• Locked thread