Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Countblanc posted:

Hey, it's Major Maxim. This guy was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Give us Panzerfist mike z.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I hope he plays like Mr. Heart

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I want Umbrella to play like May but more wild.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
I want to play this, on February 14th 2012, Valentine's Day. Luckily I will be able to!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Can you please stop with this Valentine's Day crap, it's a terrible troll.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Countblanc posted:

You're crazy, AH3 had the best designs.

No lie, this is what AH3 designs really should have been.

And man Filia's trailer images are unfortunate.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

Can you please stop with this Valentine's Day crap, it's a terrible troll.

It was funny for a while but the closer we get to Valentine's Day the less funny it is :saddowns:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

MadRhetoric posted:

No lie, this is what AH3 designs really should have been.

And man Filia's trailer images are unfortunate.

You mean skirts don't lift up to show a girl's butt when the sentient hair demon living on her head turns into a bunch of spikes in real life?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Countblanc posted:

The more I look at this picture, the better it gets.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It took me until today to notice that Valentines breasts are so large that she actually hides weapons in her cleavage. That's uh...different.

All things considered, I wish you guys weren't trolling about V-Day being the games release because drat if it doesn't look better and better every time I see it in motion and I want to give those guys my money asap.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Honestly everything about the gameplay looks like what I want the Indie game scene to actually do: Rebuild gameplay ideas from the ground up in a thoughtful manner. The game's basically a reinvention of fighting games in a accessible but not dumbed down manner.
Everything else is to get it to sell when everyone's already bought the giants.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

All things considered, I wish you guys weren't trolling about V-Day being the games release because drat if it doesn't look better and better every time I see it in motion and I want to give those guys my money asap.
sorry, we are trolling. We won't know the actual release date until it's practically here. It's wishful thinking at this point.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do we have any word on pricing?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

mango sentinel posted:

Do we have any word on pricing?

Jmcrofts posted:

There's no confirmed price point but it's probably gonna be about what you'd expect for a download-only game.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

iPodschun posted:

Does that mean something like $12-$20?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

apophenium posted:

Does that mean something like $12-$20?

Arcana Heart 3 was $30, and that's the most direct comparison I can think of.

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008
A Reverge guy on SRK said it shouldn't cost more than $15. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-gd-part-2-xd.146920/page-56#post-6122967

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Didn't see anyone post the new Friday night fights yet, more Parasoul vs Valentine http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/726537

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

dj_de posted:

Didn't see anyone post the new Friday night fights yet, more Parasoul vs Valentine http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/726537

Will admit I kinda wish Valentine's win pose wasn't so... awkward. Nice to see Parasoul finally loose though, seems every video I've seen with her she wins.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The music on that stage is so catchy. I was worried that Michiru Yamane might have just phoned in the soundtrack for Skullgirls since it's kind of low-key, but it sounds impressive as ever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes people on the internet examine videos frame-by-frame. And sometimes those people find stuff.

Poster Character Spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/1LM8R.png

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I wouldn't say it's too much of a spoiler now since all of the poster art, including that one and one for another character, are now available in the store to customize various products.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

One thing I really like in that video that I haven't noticed before is the text that shows who currently has the health lead over the healthbars. It's a nice touch.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Freak posted:

Sometimes people on the internet examine videos frame-by-frame. And sometimes those people find stuff.

Poster Character Spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/1LM8R.png
If you're talking about the poster, it's hard to make out exactly what that's supposed to be but it looks more like a singleplayer boss than anything.

Speaking of which, did they ever say anything about what the singleplayer boss is going to be? Or if there's even going to be one, for that matter?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

The Rokstar posted:

If you're talking about the poster, it's hard to make out exactly what that's supposed to be but it looks more like a singleplayer boss than anything.

Speaking of which, did they ever say anything about what the singleplayer boss is going to be? Or if there's even going to be one, for that matter?

That is one of the character concepts that has been posted before along with Umbrella and others, called And I Must Scream or something along that line.

Also I am pretty sure they said that there wouldn't be any characters the player could fight and not play as. So far the assumption has been that the last character revealed for the release build is going to be Bloody Marie, the Skull Girl in fiction, and the logical final boss. Putting in the morphous blob instead would be a twist.

Not Dave fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 5, 2012

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Peacock is the best character. :3:

(Reverge for the love of god don't fall into the Valve trap of making Peacock overpowered just because she's the funniest character though)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

WickedIcon posted:

(Reverge for the love of god don't fall into the Valve trap of making Peacock overpowered just because she's the funniest character though)

TOO LATE.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

TOO LATE.
That's okay, I'm fine with this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Not Dave posted:

That is one of the character concepts that has been posted before along with Umbrella and others, called And I Must Scream or something along that line.
Her name is actually Double. Her story is currently unknown. The current rumor is she is the previous SkullGirl, Parasoul and Umbrella's mom and the former queen of the Canopy Kingdom, Nancy. The character has gone through a lot of changes. From the one in the previously posted concept art to the one currently seen in the poster art. :goonsay:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I vaguely remember reading something about Double/And I Must Scream being a story explanation of mirror matches.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The best story explanation I've seen for mirror matches is the Touhou fighters, where after a mirror match the win quote is just some off-hand comment about training too hard.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

WickedIcon posted:

What is this referencing? Must be TF2, but what class?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Superschaf posted:

What is this referencing? Must be TF2, but what class?

Heavy got a bunch of unlocks that removed a lot of weakness.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Endorph posted:

The best story explanation I've seen for mirror matches is the Touhou fighters, where after a mirror match the win quote is just some off-hand comment about training too hard.

The GG ones were kind of funny. The time traveling guys would say something about time traveling loving up, Slayer would say "Haha you can't fool my wife she knows HEY SHARON COME BACK" (because they both pop up with his wife)

GG was a pretty good game guys.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The GG ones were kind of funny. The time traveling guys would say something about time traveling loving up, Slayer would say "Haha you can't fool my wife she knows HEY SHARON COME BACK" (because they both pop up with his wife)

I really wish Accent Core was on the PS3/360, not just PSP/Wii:(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PrinnySquadron posted:

I really wish Accent Core was on the PS3/360, not just PSP/Wii:(

A backwards compatible PS3 can play it, but it's one of those rare games that has a horrible glitch where you have to try it 10 times before it decides to not freeze on the opening. It's a shame, I really liked GG and used to play it at uni a lot with a bunch of guys before they switched to some Naruto fighting game :I

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I never got to play GG but that sounds hilarious.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know what SkullGirls needs? A rap video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxX7AFHmOCI
:psyduck:I don't even...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Liar Lyre posted:

You know what SkullGirls needs? A rap video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxX7AFHmOCI
:psyduck:I don't even...

This was pretty awesome if only for the taglines for each character.

• Locked thread