Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Burglar posted:

You didn't really "get" the point behind Ted the Caver, did you?

I'd really love to read a book written like Ted the Caver about weird supernatural poo poo. Anyone got any good suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Very similar themes, taken to greater extremes.

It's right up this thread's alley, actually. The story is told through multiple overlapping narratives in the form of addendums, footnotes and clippings. I'd hate to even give a plot synopsis for the sake of spoiling it, but it is a triumph of postmodern literature, and everybody should read it.

:f5h::twisted: v Still The Best

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 7, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
edit: YOU BASTARD

big mean giraffe posted:

I'd really love to read a book written like Ted the Caver about weird supernatural poo poo. Anyone got any good suggestions?

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski comes to mind. It's hard to explain the plot without creating a huge wall o' text, but if I had to summarize it, I'd say that it's the story of a house that is bigger on the inside than the outside.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dick Burglar posted:

You didn't really "get" the point behind Ted the Caver, did you?

I did, I just hated the sense of anticipation and lack of resolution. I realise the point was to give you that exact feeling, and the whole 'your mind will create something much scarier than could be described' thing, but even so, I want more of this Princess story.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Video Game Weirdness: House of Leaves Edition.

gently caress, I love that book so much, and would kill for a good Portal mod version of it.

EDIT: Thanks! I remember this site from forever ago, but I didn't bother. Checking it out now.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 7, 2012

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Going to fourth the recommendation of House of Leaves for anyone enjoying this thread and also drop in The Dionaea House which is similar and very entertaining once you get into it.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

RandomFerret posted:

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Very similar themes, taken to greater extremes.

It's right up this thread's alley, actually. The story is told through multiple overlapping narratives in the form of addendums, footnotes and clippings. I'd hate to even give a plot synopsis for the sake of spoiling it, but it is a triumph of postmodern literature, and everybody should read it.

This is a bit of a tangent, but Danielewski's sister is a musician who records under the name Poe, and her album Haunted is something of a companion piece to House of Leaves; they were inspired by the same events, share similar themes, and have a couple of direct references to each other throughout. It's also got some experimental elements that are kind of in line with the thread, although the songs themselves are pretty good too if that's not your thing (it's not really mine, either).

The title track was in Alan Wake, too, so there's that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I should probably point out, someone made SCP-087 in Unity. It's basic, but godDAMN.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5cadimaeo004aee

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I should probably point out, someone made SCP-087 in Unity. It's basic, but godDAMN.

I read that site but still have no idea what that is. God any background info?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

big mean giraffe posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459229

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

It's a stairwell that just. keeps. going. Filled with creepy noises and that goddamned face.

This is one SCP that's definitely worth the read. I actually think it's my favourite. 173 is great, but 87 is better.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Opposing Farce posted:

This is a bit of a tangent, but Danielewski's sister is a musician who records under the name Poe, and her album Haunted is something of a companion piece to House of Leaves; they were inspired by the same events, share similar themes, and have a couple of direct references to each other throughout. It's also got some experimental elements that are kind of in line with the thread, although the songs themselves are pretty good too if that's not your thing (it's not really mine, either).

The title track was in Alan Wake, too, so there's that.

That album is fantastic.

"Hey Pretty" came on the radio right when I first read that part about Truant's ride with Kyrie. Holy mackerel, it was like the stars aligned at that moment.

e: spoiler tags

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 7, 2012

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Pesmerga posted:

But are you going to finish it? If you pull a Ted the Caver... :argh:

I think the Princess story needs to end with someone creating a Princess model, puttting it in a ROM of Ocarina of Time, and distributing it. If I had any clue how to do this I would already be working on it.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

big mean giraffe posted:

It's not the same type of writing, but John Dies at the End was written by the guy who wrote that creepypasta about getting such a high score in a soccer(?) game that the audience rioted and the announcers killed themselves. It has that same kind of quirky, off-kilter style and it's being made into a movie by the Bubba Ho-Tep guy.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Although I was one of those who marathoned the thread a while back, I only recently got around to reading The Princess. It was actually pretty decent, reminding me of when Ben Drowned was actually good. Maybe it worked so well because, like Pale Luna resembling so many badly-coded text-adventure games, the whole niche group springing up around this one apparent glitch is something that I could see happening.

That said, I realise that only a few short years ago I probably would have tried to write some awful Princess/Ben Drowned crossover fanfic. I'm honestly not sure whether it would have been another creepypasta where things get so much worse when the two meet or a romantic comedy where the two fall in love, and Solomon is the best man at their videogame wedding (with Jadusable getting increasingly annoyed that the two keep gatecrashing every other game he plays on their dates beforehand).

For content that isn't just me fanboying out over stories from this thread, I remember reading about a ton of urban legends regarding Final Fantasy 7. Although I was new to the internet at that point, most of them were pretty obviously hoaxes - It would be hard to believe that you could unlock the White Materia by running to a certain point on the map immediately after the cutscene it appears in and mashing buttons at random, for instance. Or that staying on the world map for a full continuous week of real time would cause the meteor to arrive and kill everyone.

There were countless rumours of how to recruit Sephiroth. Every single one was needlessly complicated and probably impossible. One particularly weird one involved prolonging the fight with Rufus on top of the Shinra building (I think you had to keep healing yourself and not attack at all), whereupon he reveals some new power he never hints at in the main game, becomes the villain and steals Sephiroth's sword to kill Aeris with - the plot apparently continued as usual, but with Rufus replacing Sephiroth in pretty much every important scene, and Sephiroth in your party. I can't remember who they said replaced Rufus in order to keep the scenes with him making any kind of sense, though I'm sure it was Heidegger (who, in turn, was replaced by someone else, etc).

Imagine my surprise when I was actually shown that there was a way to get a golden chocobo who could unlock a summon that would hit for upwards of 10000 hp of damage per turn. And that the method of breeding said chocobo was as time-consuming and arbitrary as some of the hoaxes.

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This is from like a week ago, but I needed to reply.

I owned this game; it is a real game (which I also have never been able to find any information about). It was an adventure game on 5.25" floppy, and I played it on my LASER computer (a crappy Apple IIe clone). Super Martian had his initials on his chest, but reversed: "M S". His head looked like a cross between Moomin's head and a motorcycle helmet, he wore all white, and he did have a cape. I never beat the game; I would always get lost and bored in an orchard outside of the starting area. Ask your friend if any of this rings a bell; like him, the lack of any online record made me wonder if I'd made the whole thing up.

This jibes with what he remembers, though he also remembers the character's helmet having cat ears. He's glad somebody else remembers it, too. No other info yet, though.

Sadly, I've not bumped into any creepy or scary game glitches or esoterica. The oddest thing that's ever happened to me in a video game was in Knights of the Old Republic 1, where a glitch froze every character's legs in the middle of a running position. I just glided around spamming the "clear actions" button, which made your character twirl their lightsaber(s) around and declaring to the world that the world premier of Jedi On Ice had officially begun.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009
House of Leaves can suck my dick. It had a chance to be a good, interesting story but instead it comes off as a gimmicky, convoluted mess. Just my opinion though, and from what I've seen its the minority.

I just got done with John Dies at the End, not really what you are looking for though but very enjoyable. David Wong can be a funny writer, I wish he still had his original site up. I'd love to read his old articles.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

John Dies at the End suffers a bit from massive, sudden changes in tone and quality, due to most of the book being adapted form collections of short stories he would write for halloween every year. I also think it gets a bit too self-aware for its own good near the end, but it's still quite an excellent book IMO.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

It's a stairwell that just. keeps. going. Filled with creepy noises and that goddamned face.

This is one SCP that's definitely worth the read. I actually think it's my favourite. 173 is great, but 87 is better.

How long does it take for the face to show up/poo poo to start happening? I want to give it to a friend who doesn't know about SCP but am way too much of a pussy to play through it myself heard it took forever to actually get to the point.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
This thread got me to reread Ted the Caver for the first time in nearly a decade.

I forgot how longwinded a lot of it is.

Also wow the Dionaea House! I forgot all about that one.

Also also, I remember seeing SCP-087 and thinking it would be a fun Half Life mod or something, just an infinitely looping staircase with a chance of something popping up.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I've seen a youtube playthrough of it and the video was around 15 minutes long. I dunno if he was rushing down the steps or taking his time though.

EDIT: Actually nix that, the one I'm remembering was a version made in the Source engine.

Ezzer fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 8, 2012

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

1stGear posted:

How long does it take for the face to show up/poo poo to start happening? I want to give it to a friend who doesn't know about SCP but am way too much of a pussy to play through it myself heard it took forever to actually get to the point.

I read somewhere that the events can happen at random times, so you might play for 5 minutes or for 20. I think that really adds to the creepiness.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Dos posted:

This thread got me to reread Ted the Caver for the first time in nearly a decade.

I forgot how longwinded a lot of it is.

Also also, I remember seeing SCP-087 and thinking it would be a fun Half Life mod or something, just an infinitely looping staircase with a chance of something popping up.

If you scratch the infinite looping part, isn't this pretty much what Elevator: Source is about? Taking a relatively mundane experience (riding an elevator), and introducing the element of running into weird things on each room.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

For the most part, but the tone of the games would be pretty different. Elevator source is about taking the mundane, playing it with friends, and running into a bunch of weird and hilarious poo poo. 087 is about taking something mundane and making you feel completely isolated and absolutely loving terrified.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dr. Dos posted:

Pretty sure the guy who wrote this went on to be a writer on the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot and The Thing prequel.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Dionaea House might also be getting a movie adaptation. http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/07/13/dont-go-into-the-dionaea-house/

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I love The Dionaea House and occasionally re-read it for kicks. The only thing I hate is the supplemental blogs. I don't hate them for existing, because they're mostly pretty awesome (the babysitter one is loving great). The problem is
A.Because of how blogspot works you end up seeing the ending before everything else, which can spoil all the fun.
B.The last one doesn't really end it just...stops. And not in a Ted The Caver sort of way. It tries to give some exposition from a survivor and just kinda...stops updating altogether without any sort of implication that they died or anything.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The best thing about Ted the Caver was that someone claimed that ted the caver ripped off a story from the 70s, and someone revealed like years later that the "old" story was actually a forgery that stole the ted the caver story and changed some details.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The original picture doesn't work anymore. What a shame :(

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Oh, that's annoying. I PM'd someone who has admin rights to edit the page, but until then here's the image.

Rabbi Vole
Jul 19, 2003

muppet buttock

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I read somewhere that the events can happen at random times, so you might play for 5 minutes or for 20. I think that really adds to the creepiness.

I made it to floor 38 before I saw a weird shadow and ESCed the gently caress out.

Congratulations. I finally found something that scared me more than Amnesia. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. :unsmith:

Edit: A friend led an expedition to floor 100.

The stairwell fades into darkness and you can see the face off in the distance. As you walk towards it, the game closes.

:gonk:

Edit 2: oh god ok the stream cut out before the very end I LIED THERE ARE GHOST HANDS

Rabbi Vole fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 8, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

TombsGrave posted:

This jibes with what he remembers, though he also remembers the character's helmet having cat ears. He's glad somebody else remembers it, too. No other info yet, though.

Sadly, I've not bumped into any creepy or scary game glitches or esoterica. The oddest thing that's ever happened to me in a video game was in Knights of the Old Republic 1, where a glitch froze every character's legs in the middle of a running position. I just glided around spamming the "clear actions" button, which made your character twirl their lightsaber(s) around and declaring to the world that the world premier of Jedi On Ice had officially begun.

The sole piece of evidence I've found online that this game existed is an archived copyright registration (?) listing, second from the bottom on this webpage.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

:420: party everyday :420:
Wow, so I just spent the last four days reading this thread from the beginning. All 117 pages, plus almost all the poo poo that was linked. That was fun. I actually had never heard of a lot of the stuff talked about, including Pokemon: Black, Secret of Evermore (I missed that one growing up, but then again my parents refused to let me have a console until I was practically in high school) and the Bio Force Ape hoax. Killswitch and Polybius I had read about a long time ago but I liked seeing them again, and again and again in the case of Killswitch. The BEN DROWNED poo poo I had no interest in, but I thought it was funny when he turned around and started asking for money and talking about pitching the thing as a real TV show. A lot of the playground rumors about unlocking poo poo in Goldeneye and SM64 I only kind of remember, as for some reason the only video game I remember everyone playing at my grade school was Pokemon, and it was one of the few I had no interest in (and again I didn't have a Gameboy, although I did play Red or Blue on an emulator later). All the games I played at the time were along the lines of Sam & Max Hit the Road and Space Quest and no one else even knew what they were. :(

The Goon-made stuff was the best, though. Pale Luna was great, and setting it in the Bay Area really helped sell it, too (the Zodiac killer had only stopped being active a few years earlier, after all). The DEFCON story was eerie, too, especially with that music. I also liked that Fallout 2 one that took place in Paris and the discussion of the old Hondo AHL maps and subsequent videos. I haven't looked at "Princess" yet, but I plan to start right now. "Princess" is just too loving awesome...

But the first thing to cause a heart palpitation was this, on the last loving page no less:

Farbtoner posted:

[John Dies at the End] has that kind of quirky, off-kilter style and it's being made into a movie by the Bubba Ho-Tep guy.

gently caress! *scratches another future project off the list*

Anyway, here's my own unique content:

You may remember that in 2003, Valve shocked the gaming industry with their unveiling of their new Source engine, oh and Half-Life 2 I guess, at the E3 in May. It was huge. Photorealistic graphics, well, more photorealistic than anything ever seen in a game engine before. Unprecedented physics processing. Advanced A.I. It was huge. Whereas the original Half-Life had changed the FPS genre by actually having halfway decent storytelling as well as great action and realistic level design, the Source engine was about to change games entirely. The best part? It was going to be released in September, only four months away!

Then we didn't see poo poo until November, 2004.

Now for a long while (and technically still) the official story as to why it took an extra 14 months was because of a break-in on the Valve computer network, whereby a lone hacker managed to abscond off with the Source code, as well as that whole E3 tech demo everyone was creaming their jeans over. Gabe Newell was pretty shaken up by this and directed all company resources to beefing up security (the network password was apparently 'gaben' for gently caress sake, like a joke on Archer) as well as catching the culprit.

So my buddy even all the way back then, LackinPants!, and I were sitting around the high school lunch table, very bummed. Well, I was, LP just kept gloating, "I told you it wasn't going to come out." The Source leak showed that the E3 demo was mostly scripted, the Source code itself was still very buggy and the actual game was far from ready to go gold that very month, all of which was brushed off as "the hacker only got a very small portion of the data" despite having admin access to the whole Valve network. It's not like he was in a hurry. Nobody at Valve even knew the breach happened until after the leak started going around the net. Anyway, LP and I were going back and forth about this shitstorm when who strolls over but this bug-eyed twerp I'll refer to as "Swill."

Swill was this skinny dweeb who managed to alienate pretty much everyone by the time we all graduated. I remember our freshman year he started off as this mild-mannered computer nerd, which was't that bad, but he slowly became this obnoxious, self-righteous douche and one summer he got it into his head that he was going to reinvent himself as a hardcore punk and instead he just became a freakish poser. But I digress. Swill comes over to LackinPants! and me and asks, "You guys hear about the Source leak?" "Yeah, it sucks," I say.

Swill's eyebrow goes up in a perfect precursor to :smug: and goes, "You guys want to see it?"

"How?" I ask, "You downloaded a copy?"

"Download it? Well gently caress yeah, I'm the one that stole it!"

LackinPants! and I exchanged a knowing glance. This kind of poo poo had happened before. Swill being a complete loving liar, I mean. He had once tried to con us into going to hang out as his house claiming he had built a Linux box into a mechanized robot with wheels, at least one servo arm, voice as well as video recognition and a rough A.I. that could talk back. A whole group of us kept trying to call him on his poo poo but he wouldn't admit he was lying, and finally to shut him up we all decided to take him up on his offer as a group. I think it was like eight of us. After hounding us to come over his house for months, when we all corner him in the hallway and ask to come see his stupid Linux thing, he pulls out of his rear end that it was too late and he had sold it to some research and development lab in Europe, had just shipped it off the day before in fact. But we could all come hang out still! None of us did.

Anyway, I told Swill he was full of poo poo, to which he responded, "It was easy! I had a blah blah blah multiple proxies blah blah spoofing blah blah Linux! etceteras and poo poo, man, the password was 'gaben' it wasn't like I had to even try." I could see that this was going to be another Linux-robot red herring just to get us to go over his house and, I don't know, possibly get drugged and molested? He was a creepy kid. Best-case scenario was that he actually did have the leak, which he had downloaded off of some pirate site. Anyway, I defused the whole thing by telling him, "Look, I don't believe you, but even if you were telling the truth, that makes you a complete loving rear end in a top hat! If I thought there was an ounce of truth to this bullshit I would call the FBI tip line right now you loving scumbag! You're basically claiming you helped delay the only thing I've been looking forward to this year more than graduating!"

"It wasn't going to come out anyway," piped in LackinPants! and in later years I would have hit him for this. Hard. At the time I just glared at him.

"He's right, it's really nowhere near done," Swill said like the whole outburst I just gave him hadn't happened. "You should come see it."

Again I told Swill off and lunch was over. I heard him telling other guys the same nonsense in the coming weeks. Nobody believed him. He maintained it was really him who broke into Valve and released the Source code for at least as long as I had the misfortune of knowing him.

The German hacker Axel "Ago" Gembe would not be caught until the summer of the following year, after we had graduated.

ACPaco fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 8, 2012

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

samo posted:

This is from a couple of pages back, but I replayed that level this weekend. I believe the trigger is to knock the initial block down, visit the room with the flash light, continue through the level until you get to the dark room. Then back track and there should be a block at the foot of the bookcase to jump up. I can emulate it and take some screenshots if you want.

If you're willing to you would make my life :) (Although I'm *pretty* sure you can't backtrack because of a "point of no return" on that level?)

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Heran Bago posted:

Some goon figured this out on this very forum and it was quite an event. It was some very obscure thing that lights the bulb and level up, like waiting around or just plain luck.

It was way back when I started a thread called "Video Game M Y S T E R I E S" although the person who found it was a little unwilling to explain how. I don't have archives, otherwise I'd pull it up.

Synthosaurus
May 8, 2007

MageMage posted:

It was way back when I started a thread called "Video Game M Y S T E R I E S" although the person who found it was a little unwilling to explain how. I don't have archives, otherwise I'd pull it up.

I've had a link to that thread bookmarked for a while, it can be found here. Sadly, a lot of the images are dead.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Rabbi Vole posted:

I made it to floor 38 before I saw a weird shadow and ESCed the gently caress out.

Congratulations. I finally found something that scared me more than Amnesia. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. :unsmith:

Edit: A friend led an expedition to floor 100.

The stairwell fades into darkness and you can see the face off in the distance. As you walk towards it, the game closes.

:gonk:

Edit 2: oh god ok the stream cut out before the very end I LIED THERE ARE GHOST HANDS

That happened at floor 118 for me, so I guess it is a bit randomized. Neat little project, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Synthosaurus posted:

I've had a link to that thread bookmarked for a while, it can be found here. Sadly, a lot of the images are dead.

Ah hell yeah! I remember that thread. That being said, reading through my other posts there, I still find the un-open-able doors in Shadowgate to be spooky and weird. Same goes for a couple places in Uninvited.

Someday, when I make a game, I'm going to put in a lot of 'unfinished' stuff (island from the Dam in Goldeneye), only it'll be purposefully there, just to weird everyone out.

samo
Feb 3, 2008

MageMage posted:

If you're willing to you would make my life :) (Although I'm *pretty* sure you can't backtrack because of a "point of no return" on that level?)

I will figure out the exact trigger this weekend. But here is the post I made about it a long time ago

Edit:I just saw you didn't have archives.

me posted:

I love mysteries like this! I have never played this game so I broke it out and tried disabling the layers and a couple of other things, to no avail. Well I was just loving around and showed my wife the room with the flashlight and how you couldn't jump up there.... er wait... what is that?

That block wasn't there before....

I got the flashlight and bulb before I grabbed a screenshot but that is where it was.

Being a master electrician I installed the light bulb. Yup, yay.

Climbing..

The hallway before the reward.

And there it is. Very anti-climatic for me, I never played the game so I don't even know what the green jewels are for, the icon in the middle is a 1-up. I was hoping for a big dope fish or something. Anyway I don't know how I got the brick to fall, I only had 70% completion and it was the third or fourth time I entered the room. Well I hope your soul rests well.

samo posted:

MageMage posted:

Oh my god, that was surreal! I am now one step away to attaining supreme enlightenment. One thing though, what on gods green earth did you do to make that brick appear there?? I've never seen it before!

I honestly don't know I had it appear on the third time I tried, the only thing that was different was my game was loving up. The first block you have to push down and it opens the three doors kept resetting so I had to keep going up pushing the block down go in the door go back up and do it again, so maybe try getting to that room without pushing that initial block. That is the only thing I can think of, but I was messing around a lot, I would go do something check both rooms, go do something check them again, and wa-la it was there.

Sorry I can't be more help though.

samo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I walked down the stairs for what seemed like an eternity and then I glanced movement on the screen but before I could turn to see what it was the game ends. What a waste of loving time.