Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

Metal Gear Online is officially ending in June (June 27). They're making the DLC free before it's all over.

Awww :( I would have played way more if the service wasn't so difficult to use. I really hope we get a relaunched Metal Gear Online when Rising comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Harlock posted:

Metal Gear Online is officially ending in June (June 27). They're making the DLC free before it's all over.

Aww really?! I even own the Blu-ray version of the game!

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

Policenaut posted:

Aww really?! I even own the Blu-ray version of the game!

I guess that this is the perfect time to flip it on eBay.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is SEN down for anybody else? I got network, just can't sign in.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

notZaar posted:

Is SEN down for anybody else? I got network, just can't sign in.

I'm in RIGHT NOW

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When does the rebrand from PSN to SEN take place? When the Vita launches?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Seems it already took place last week, but you'll only see "SEN" at logins. Everything else on the PS3 appears to retain "PSN".

Twisted Metal is finally released! Seems to be selling out at stores, but for anyone lucky or those who preordered, please add your PSN to this spreadsheet if you want to play online with goons! I made this for the Twisted Metal thread, and hopefully will play with some of you tonight and in the future.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

Seems it already took place last week, but you'll only see "SEN" at logins. Everything else on the PS3 appears to retain "PSN".

Twisted Metal is finally released! Seems to be selling out at stores, but for anyone lucky or those who preordered, please add your PSN to this spreadsheet if you want to play online with goons! I made this for the Twisted Metal thread, and hopefully will play with some of you tonight and in the future.
There is also this PS3 Goons Database. It needs a little updating, but I think it's a good tool: http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 14, 2012

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Crows Turn Off posted:

There is also this PS3 Goons Database. It needs a little updating, but I think it's a good tool: http://www.klaver.co.uk/ps3goons/.

Tried logging in and got the error: "found weird characters".

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God of War 4 is looking more and more likely.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Siroc posted:

That's the message you get if you type a password with special characters. It doesn't use your SA login info. You need to create an account first, and the passwords don't allow special characters.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Siroc posted:

Well, it is a database of goons. :downsrim:

I kind of want to post any of my thoughts at all on Final Fantasy 13-2 but I can't seem to dredge any up. It's like I start playing it and can play it for long periods, but the moment I put it down it's made so little of an impression on me that all my thoughts just fly off like beautiful doves or something. It's not that it's dull, it's that it has so little impact - the plot's so inane that my brain shuts down, while the combat's good but never really has the oomph behind it to feel satisfying.

The game is a lot less linear, though, I'll give it that... now if only it actually bothered to check what you've done, then I'd be happy. I went and found Snowe early, only to have my characters turn around later and wonder where he'd gone and what he was doing. Not to mention I had two-three entries in my datalog telling me the exact same thing.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I added Twisted Metal to the db, but for the TM thread I guess we'll stick to the spreadsheet so we can quickly get a list of players going.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

For all y'all who like to save money and kill bugs, this is a great deal. Crosspost from Coopuns.

EDF: Insect Armageddon - $12

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Shank 2 is an amazing game and the co-op survival mode is loving incredible. Probably one of the best downloadable games released on consoles thus far and if you have friends to play with it's an absolute blast. Can't praise the game highly enough.

Edit: Also SamBishop if you see this, do you know if the Wipeout 2048 Vita content will be coming to the PS3 version as DLC or not? I think you said a while back that Sony Liverpool said yes in an interview, but I've got a feeling that they've changed their minds? God I'd love more Wipeout on PS3.

MUFFlNS fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 15, 2012

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, PSN+ got 6 free games this week. This makes me think that Sony did something horrible that they're not telling us about and are trying to make up for it.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

axleblaze posted:

Man, PSN+ got 6 free games this week. This makes me think that Sony did something horrible that they're not telling us about and are trying to make up for it.

I haven't seen PSN+ get so many freebies at once in a long time. It was enough for me at least to pony up for a 3-month card after being away from it for so long.

Far Cry 2 for free is already great enough IMO, the rest is just icing on the cake.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are the free games?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What are the free games?

Far Cry 2
Battle Fantasia
Fatal Inertia EX
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Interesting, for Binary Domain they just released free DLC of the Yakuza characters. I guess that's their apology for Of The End?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
What happened to "Of The End"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RadicalR posted:

What happened to "Of The End"?
The zombie one that is about to come out here, I forget the name of the localization. It's pretty bad. But all reports point to Binary Domain being pretty good.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Minor observation but all the new demo splash pages (FFX13-2/Binary Domain/Mass Effect 3) have been showing the Dolby Digital and DTS logo. Is this a thing now?

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Samurai Sanders posted:

The zombie one that is about to come out here, I forget the name of the localization. It's pretty bad. But all reports point to Binary Domain being pretty good.

I believe it's Yakuza: Dead Souls :)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
And I don't even care if it's bad, more Yakuza is always a good thing. :colbert:

Also, gently caress YES picked up Resonance of Fate today finally! Can't wait to dig into it.

I also bought Hyperdimension Neptunia the other day. I couldn't even explain to my wife why I was buying it, I saw it there on the shelf and just felt compelled somehow. I have self destructive tendencies, what can I say?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Minor observation but all the new demo splash pages (FFX13-2/Binary Domain/Mass Effect 3) have been showing the Dolby Digital and DTS logo. Is this a thing now?

I forgot which games had it, but some games released in 2006 and 2007 had the same thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Dag, the Mass Effect 3 demo (at least in in-game cutscenes) is the jankiest piece of poo poo I've seen in a while. Running at like 15fps, people popping in a second after a camera change. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But drat...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

MUFFlNS posted:

Edit: Also SamBishop if you see this, do you know if the Wipeout 2048 Vita content will be coming to the PS3 version as DLC or not? I think you said a while back that Sony Liverpool said yes in an interview, but I've got a feeling that they've changed their minds? God I'd love more Wipeout on PS3.

Wipeout 2048 has all unique tracks, right? Or at least, none that are in Wipeout HD? That would make it rather difficult to play cross-platform multiplayer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Artix74 posted:

Wipeout 2048 has all unique tracks, right? Or at least, none that are in Wipeout HD? That would make it rather difficult to play cross-platform multiplayer.

Not if HD got them as DLC, which is what he's asking. Which is what I THOUGHT they said a long time ago too. If they didn't, color me (and quite a few people) as misunderstanding.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
That's what I'm saying. If they don't come to HD as DLC, then there's no possiblity of cross-platform multiplayer, which is troubling, considering that they rather blatantly promtoted that.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

iastudent posted:

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

If anyone has PSN+ and hasn't played this, grab three friends and do so. It's soccer(/football) with remote control cars and aweseome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Assassins Creed III October 30th, 2012.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

muscles like this? posted:

Assassins Creed III October 30th, 2012.
Real 3 this time? Not just 2.3 or whatever?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yup, also this is apparently a different team than Brotherhood/Revelations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's gotta be, they said Revelations was the last Ezio and Altair game. Whether they go with Desmond as the playable character or choose another ancestor, I dunno.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cbouncerrun posted:

It's gotta be, they said Revelations was the last Ezio and Altair game. Whether they go with Desmond as the playable character or choose another ancestor, I dunno.
Pretty sure it's going to be another ancestor. I think the historical fiction is what draws most people in, since Desmond has the character depth of a post-it note.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Artix74 posted:

It has all the Wipeout HD tracks, along with about 8 new ones as far as I know (combined with new ships and such). The cross-platform multiplayer has always shown Wipeout HD tracks, rather than any of the brand new 2048 tracks. I have a feeling that the cross-platform play is solely for the old Wipeout HD tracks, which is a really screwy half-assed way of doing things in my opinion but I can't say I'm terrinly surprised, just disappointed that the PS3 version probably won't ever see this new content.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Do you guys think they might ever do modern day free roaming in Assassins Creed? I don't find it the old timey stuff very interesting, although I know others do, but do you think they'll ever do a game set in the present day, with you parkouring about in cities or such?

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

bbcisdabomb posted:

If anyone has PSN+ and hasn't played this, grab three friends and do so. It's soccer(/football) with remote control cars and aweseome.

Seconded. I paid $10 for this when it came out a few years, and I've been playing it almost every day since. For such a underrated game, it's managed to keep a constant online community as well.

What's your PSN ID bbcisdabomb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Another $60 DLC update to Assassins Creed 1, i'm so excited.

• Locked thread