Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
1)I say it's fine as long is the ref is happy they can keep track of who is who. I don't think the rules have anything to say about names on shirts.
2) I reckon it's fine. The first team has had their advantage and cocked it up.
3) Own goal imo. The striker hasn't really interfered with play yet and the whistle hasn't gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

1: Game on. As long as you can tell the players apart it's all good. But seriously what muppets leave their loving kit behind?

2: If the first advantage was over you can play the second one. Personally I'd take it back to the first foul (although if the second foul was a bad one, deal with that as necessary).

3: It's offside because the striker was in a position to be involved in the play. Ergo it's a free kick from wherever he was.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
1. Game on. gently caress sponsors.

2. As said, depends if the first advantage was over. If it was, the second advantage is go.

3. Offside as it clearly says the defender tries to "intercept", an action that requires the striker's presence.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1) Duct tape over the player names, write in proper names on permanent marker.
- I've actually seen something like this. Way back in the early days of the J-League, one of the players from the Hiroshima team left his kit at the team hotel or something and didn't have a shirt. He was a starting player as well, so what happened was a fan in the crowd offered him the replica shirt he had, which they duct taped the guy's number on to and played with that. After the game, the fan went home with a cool souvenir.

2) Back to first offence, call both players dickheads and continue game.

3) Did the attacking player touch the ball? No. Who cares if he was in the offside position? Own goal, laugh heartily at defender and high five striker.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Think there was a similar situation to #3 in You Are the Ref some months ago, and pretty sure it's an own goal.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1) Fine by me, you're going by numbers with bookings etc and you can tell the teams apart, don't see any issue that should concern a ref.
2) I'd go for it, makes sense to keep the game flowing, plus otherwise you'd end up effectively giving one team a free kick for committing a foul.
3) Own Goal.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

Thel posted:

1: Game on. As long as you can tell the players apart it's all good. But seriously what muppets leave their loving kit behind?

Couple years ago Pompey played a friendly over here in the States v. DC United, had to play in our away kits because theirs got lost in transit from Canada or something. Of course that probably didn't break into the top ten most ridiculous things to happen to them the last few years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/25/portsmouth-pre-season-football

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Mods rename me Electric Corn Flakes

or Tsaeb I guess

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

on 3, there was an incident a few weeks ago in the championship where a ball was played through, a striker was offside but did not touch the ball, instead letting another play run through from onside from which he scored. post-match, the aggrieved manager said that he talked to the ref and there was apparently a fa diktat with regards to the interpretation of the rule that said in that situation the player had to receive the ball to be offside. so i imagine there'd be a similar application of that here: the player didn't reach the ball, so it's not offside.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Vagabundo posted:

1) Duct tape over the player names, write in proper names on permanent marker.
- I've actually seen something like this. Way back in the early days of the J-League, one of the players from the Hiroshima team left his kit at the team hotel or something and didn't have a shirt. He was a starting player as well, so what happened was a fan in the crowd offered him the replica shirt he had, which they duct taped the guy's number on to and played with that. After the game, the fan went home with a cool souvenir.

This also happened last year in MLS. Vancouver lost a few uniforms so they took replicas. For the keeper, they bought a training top and wrote on the sponsor name in marker.

They were the last place team last year.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

the sex ghost posted:

1) Ducktape the names on the kits and we are good to go.
2) Let the play go on.
3) Own Goal.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
1) I say Nope. No regulation uniform.

2) I say Yep. Double advantage is fine

3) Goal stands

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

The Anime Knower posted:

on 3, there was an incident a few weeks ago in the championship where a ball was played through, a striker was offside but did not touch the ball, instead letting another play run through from onside from which he scored. post-match, the aggrieved manager said that he talked to the ref and there was apparently a fa diktat with regards to the interpretation of the rule that said in that situation the player had to receive the ball to be offside. so i imagine there'd be a similar application of that here: the player didn't reach the ball, so it's not offside.

In this case though, only the offside striker and the defender are mentioned. Pretty sure that the laws state that if you're in an offside position and interfere with the play or a defender then you can be penalized for being offside (even if you don't touch the ball). I would flag him for being offside because if he wasn't there then the defender wouldn't try to control the ball.

I do remember a case last season, I believe, where Arsenal were defending and a ball was played through to an offside striker and Koscielny stretched to control the ball but couldn't quite handle it in which case the striker gathered the ball and scored. The ref in that game let the goal stand, I assume under the premise that Koscielny "passed" the ball to the striker, but in my opinion he only touched the ball because the striker was present in the first place.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1) It's fine.

2) Play on, caution one or both next dead ball if necessary.

3) Kick off.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Shoren posted:

In this case though, only the offside striker and the defender are mentioned. Pretty sure that the laws state that if you're in an offside position and interfere with the play or a defender then you can be penalized for being offside (even if you don't touch the ball). I would flag him for being offside because if he wasn't there then the defender wouldn't try to control the ball.

I do remember a case last season, I believe, where Arsenal were defending and a ball was played through to an offside striker and Koscielny stretched to control the ball but couldn't quite handle it in which case the striker gathered the ball and scored. The ref in that game let the goal stand, I assume under the premise that Koscielny "passed" the ball to the striker, but in my opinion he only touched the ball because the striker was present in the first place.

It doesn't matter that the striker is simply present. If he tries to get the ball the offside is given, if he doesn't actively try to get it then it's not (assuming he doesn't otherwise touch it or obstruct the keeper's line of sight). It's not up to the ref to speculate on what the defender might have done if the striker wasn't there.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Unless it's a league/sponsor requirement, you don't need to have the names on the back of the shirt. You just need to be able to easily identify which team is which, and each player on a team needs a distinct number.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Keith Hackett's verdict

1) Your priority has to be to get the game played, for the fans, media and teams. The kit is a different colour, so there are no safety issues – but you do need to deal with the names, to reduce confusion, and the sponsor's logo, to avoid contractual problems. Your easiest solution is to have the players turn the tops inside out. Thanks to Peter Kingsnorth.

2) The fact that the away team have made progress upfield means the advantage has been taken, so the game continues, unless it was a red card offence. Treat the second incident in the normal way. You must be careful, though: applying successive advantages means you run the risk of losing control. Thanks to Tim Vogel.

3) With a kick-off to the defending side: it's an own goal. The striker has not touched the ball, so is not interfering with play. Only if you felt he had clearly distracted or deceived the defender would you penalise him for being in an offside position – but that distraction needs to be very obvious for you to take action. You are not a mind-reader.
Alex Cheung wins the shirt.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dollas posted:

Keith Hackett's verdict

1) Your priority has to be to get the game played, for the fans, media and teams. The kit is a different colour, so there are no safety issues – but you do need to deal with the names, to reduce confusion, and the sponsor's logo, to avoid contractual problems. Your easiest solution is to have the players turn the tops inside out. Thanks to Peter Kingsnorth.

Well that's loving stupid because you now don't have numbers.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Shirts vs skins, big old black marker numbers drawn straight onto their backs.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dudley posted:

Well that's loving stupid because you now don't have numbers.

Also, he mentions contractual issues with sponsors, but only solves it that they won't have the other team's sponsor. What about their own?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

Also, he mentions contractual issues with sponsors, but only solves it that they won't have the other team's sponsor. What about their own?

I imagine it's less of a big deal for a player/team with a contractually bound sponsor to play a game with no sponsor than it is to play a game actively wearing a different sponsor's logo. If you're with Adidas, they'd probably prefer you show up wearing some knockoff brand with no logo than to show up wearing Nikes.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, fair point.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Don't red card them, start doing your best to give the at least two goal scoring opportunities. gently caress the fuckers. Let them get relegated. Then, write a scathing report later, recommend they be docked points to ensure relegation.

2. No.

3. Card him.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I've no idea why people get so hung up over 3-0, unless it's that FIFA automatically defaults to 3-0 if you get your vital game against the computer abandoned.

So yes, 3-0 is the common-law default score for an abandoned match where one team is obviously at fault, but if the winning margin is three goals or greater then any governing body with even the slightest wafer-thin sliver of intelligence just rules that the score at abandonment stands, for exactly this reason.

(None of this is in the LOAF; it just says "abandoned matches are replayed unless competition rules state otherwise".)

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

the sex ghost posted:

1. Card 'em. Write it up in the match report and let the league sort it out.

2. Give them a warning about watching their language and write it up in the report.

3. Red card

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Aren't the refs just recommended to stop the game at 6 players? Couldn't he just red card the players and let the game finish normally?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

1. Red cards for all, the FA will dock points for players getting carded on purpose. (The guardian football weekly was talking about this and Real Madrid on Monday)

2. No

3. Send him off, restart play (with something direct) wherever the striker was (looks like the box anyway, in which case, pen)

Modus Trollens fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 17, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

1) I'd say send them all off, and if means abandoning the game then so be it. As he said last week, you're not a mind-reader, you can't say for definite that that's the plan. Even if it is (it is), then it's not your jurisdiction or your problem to decide what happens after that. The league will decide what should happen, not the ref for that one game. I reckon they'd relegate them anyway, but your concern is to apply the rules of the game, during the game. Match report and all that though.

2) Just a warning I think, but a serious one. Don't want to open that can of worms if the other guy says it's just a joke.

3) Obvious atleast a yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct, but I'd give him a red for dangerous play as well. Can't boot another ball square at someone when the game ball is at their feet, could have knocked him out, knocked some teeth out, broken his nose etc.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. Send them all off, document accordingly.

2. A stern talking to.

3. Send off the player, IDFK restart.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

the sex ghost posted:

1)No card since they are putting up an act since there is still time for them to catch up or score a goal to keep them up.
2)No card since they are just joking around.
3)Red card him and punch him. Then restart play from whenever the play was before the ball throwing.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

1: Abandon the game, but the score stands at 4-0. Write it in your match report, recommend the league take administrative action against the team and the fuckwits swearing at you.

2: If neither player is bothered by it and they're both on the same team then really what's the problem? Play on.

3: Red card him, direct FK from where the striker was hit. If it was inside the box, then a PK.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Thel posted:

1: Abandon the game, but the score stands at 4-0.

Bingo. 3-0 forfeits generally aren't applied if the score was already more severe than that.

Card them all, call of the game and report that it was 4-0 at the time.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Answers:

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Not clever. Send all five of them off, and abandon the match as the team now have fewer than seven players. Then submit a detailed report, including your view that it looked pre-planned: the authorities have the option of recording the final score as 4-0. There is no rule that if a team causes an abandonment then they forfeit the game 3-0. So the result is likely to be relegation, fines and suspensions all round.
Simon Wright wins the shirt.
2) Provided the comment has not been overheard by others who may be offended, manage the situation with a strong rebuke. Let them know that if you hear a repeat, they will be reported to the authorities. But if the comment was loud enough to be heard by others, send off the player who made it. It would then be up to him to appeal, with his team-mate supporting him at the hearing. Thanks to Luke Surl.
3) Send off the defender for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Restart with a direct free-kick if the attacker was hit outside the area, or a penalty if he was inside. Thanks to Stephen Glennon.

Pretty straightforward.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

1) Ball doesn't completely cross the touchline, so it's still in play. Put a note in the match report that they need to sort their stadium out.
2) No
3) There's no problem with him leaving the field momentarily as a natural part of play. I would imagine that therefore you would judge his position as if he were on the field and call the play offside. On the other hand, if he were back on his feet and deliberately hesitating entering the field in order to gain an advantage, I would think he's given up his right to come back on without permission; so a yellow for him, indirect from the position of the ball. (If I had to make a choice though, I'd most likely go with the offside.)

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 24, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Lamont Cranston posted:

1) Hmmm. I say let it stand. I don't think the rule is anything to do with stadiums not overhanging the pitch space or whatever, because there's obviously retractable roofs in some places. So it must be a question of outside objects interfering with play. Liverpool conceded that goal off of a balloon, so I don't see a problem with this. Goal.

2) Might be unsportsmanlike conduct, but I'm thinking it's fine. These things never seem to be allowed though so I say free-kick to the opposition at the point of the wall, if they do in face obstruct anyone running forward.

3) Fine, I think. Didn't deliberately step off the pitch, wasn't offside when the second ball was played.

I am confident in zero of these answers.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

1) Everything not out of bounds is basically a goal post so I its fine. Punch the owner in the face.

2) Don't intervene, this is hilarious and a serious waste of those player's rebound capabilities.

3) As long as hes onside, which he was, its fine.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

1)I guess it's in play since the roof is over the touchline but put it the the match report that the home side has to fix it.
2) If it was one or two of the attacking side I would let them but if all of the attackers are going to try to form a wall I'll tell to stop.
3)If he's onside then it's ok I guess.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

1. Similar to the beach ball goal Liverpool conceded at Sunderland, which we found out afterwards shouldn't have stood, as it's an "outside influence". Stop play and restart with a drop ball.

2. Should be ok, once there's no obstruction.

3. Offside. Similar to a Van Nistelrooy goal in Euro 2008 where he was kept onside by an Italian defender who was off the pitch, so I would say no goal. (not sure if I'm reading this right, but I'm thinking he was ahead of the defender and off the pitch when the ball was passed? If the defender is playing him on when the ball was played, goal stands)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Lamont Cranston posted:

1: No goal. Restart with a drop ball from the point it hit the roof. See matches played indoors for reference.

2: Play on. Nothing in the laws to say you can't do it.

3: Offside.

Easy ones this week.

• Locked thread