Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

SpaceBees posted:

To answer the question in the second post, my favorite Skullgirls is Ms. Fortune. Why? Two reasons.

-Catgirls are neat.
-PUNS I loving LOVE PUNS SO MANY PUNS OH MY GODDD

MS fortune has also become my favorite, I never even liked the cat girl type characters much, but ms Fortune is just, hell I dont know, awesome, she looks fun to play, she has a great voice, her puns are the best, and I love the whole dismemberment feature to her gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

animaCartographer posted:

MS fortune has also become my favorite, I never even liked the cat girl type characters much, but ms Fortune is just, hell I dont know, awesome, she looks fun to play, she has a great voice, her puns are the best, and I love the whole dismemberment feature to her gameplay.

Ms Fortune uses the dismemberment feature better than NeverDead did and she's just one character!

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Any of you ever seen Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School? Ms. Fortune's got nothing on that poo poo. Even the title's a pun, and it's probably the best one in the entire movie.

That movie was painful even as a kid. I'd hate to watch it again.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
I can't wait to be playign this game tomorrow, Valentine's Day, the release date.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yeah totally I mean they even uploaded a new trailer to celebrate!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-nurse-skullgirls/726811

One who is Rad
Mar 30, 2010

just a butt posted:

yeah totally I mean they even uploaded a new trailer to celebrate!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-nurse-skullgirls/726811

I didn't know Valentine could revive dead characters, drat.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

One who is Rad posted:

I didn't know Valentine could revive dead characters, drat.

It's a level 5 super, you have to be over their body, and it only recovers 25% of their life. Far from useless, but not effortless to set up (thank god, burn in the flames, die).

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

PalmTreeFun posted:

It's a level 5 super, you have to be over their body, and it only recovers 25% of their life. Far from useless, but not effortless to set up (thank god, burn in the flames, die).

Also it's incredibly slow and super easy to punish.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

BurningNinja posted:

Also it's incredibly slow and super easy to punish.

Thankfully you can DHC into it and it recovers a 1/3rd of their health now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Wait, how many bars can you have?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Countblanc posted:

Wait, how many bars can you have?

DHCs subtract a bar from the cost of level 3s, so it's probably the same for a level 5.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
That one part where it looks like Valentine slits Ms. Fortunes throat, isn't that kind of... redundant?

Also why does Valentine explode during that one super?

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Except it's the super itself that's slow, not the startup or anything. The point is to make it unsafe to do always, unless you hit the opponent with it which is unlikely with her rez super. At least that's what I understood about it when Mike Z was discussing it in one of those breakdown videos.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Orange Crush Rush posted:

She makes a dummy of herself, because she's a ninja. Maybe.

You know, like how in Guilty Gear, Chipp does the same thing when he uses burst, only the dummy pops like a balloon and he reappears.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Eeevil posted:

DHCs subtract a bar from the cost of level 3s, so it's probably the same for a level 5.

What he said. Basically you can DHC a level 1 super into Valentine's level 5.

BurningNinja posted:

Except it's the super itself that's slow, not the startup or anything. The point is to make it unsafe to do always, unless you hit the opponent with it which is unlikely with her rez super. At least that's what I understood about it when Mike Z was discussing it in one of those breakdown videos.

I watched that same video to verify the health thing and he never said that it'd be unsafe to do always. He said it was extremely punishable on block.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

That one part where it looks like Valentine slits Ms. Fortunes throat, isn't that kind of... redundant?

I wince so hard every time Valentine does that :gonk:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I wince so hard every time Valentine does that :gonk:

Painwheel is a hard countblanc counterpick because she's so gross that I can't watch the game

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Valentine

Acquisitive Prescription (↓↙← + KK): A File:counter.png that stuns the opponent, allowing Valentine to start a combo. Acquisitive Prescription deals no damage on it's own and doesn't count as a hit for damage scaling. Valentine's counters start in 0f and only causes a super freeze if successful. The attack will always consume the super meter, either at the super freeze or at the end of the active frames for the counter. Both Acquisitive Prescription and the poison enhanced Countervenom cannot be used as a Co-Star-Combos.

The explosion and reappearance is just a little visual reference to ninjas in movies and games getting around by throwing smoke bombs and poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Who all's staying up for the midnight release?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Saint Freak posted:

Who all's staying up for the midnight release?
There's not enough coffee in the world to stay up that long.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

I can't wait to be playign this game tomorrow, Valentine's Day, the release date.

You really need to step your troll game son because you lookin' mad free in this and the ME3 thread.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
ME 3 is already a tremendous troll on the gaming community so he never really stood a chance :laugh:

Anyway I hope this game gets announced soon.

Toilet.Duck
Jul 13, 2006
Cleanest ever!
After watching Valentines proper trailer on SRK, she can bring teammates back to loving life as another level 3 level 5 :psyduck: take my money oh god.

Edit: oh wow I totally missed the mark on that one, my mind is still completely blown.

Toilet.Duck fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 14, 2012

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Toilet.Duck posted:

After watching Valentines proper trailer on SRK, she can bring teammates back to loving life as another level 3 :psyduck: take my money oh god.
Level 5, son. There are lots of crazy stipulations to it, so it's not Phoenix: Round 2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
http://twitter.com/#!/Skullgirls/status/169263667848814592

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9q0jIxZek&feature=youtu.be

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

This is abysmal.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Countblanc posted:

This is abysmal.

The Anti-Slamgirl Labs are a black-ops research institution created in a time when King Barkley prioritized scientific B-Ball advancements ethics. Founded by Dr. Michael Jordan, they were funded by the US government with hopes of understanding the nature of the Slamgirl so they could create basketballs and B-Ballers capable of directly confronting the menace. Unfortunately, many of the kingdom's subjects were sacrificed in the labs' experiments.

After losing his wife to the Slam Heart and the B-Ball War, King Barkley found himself with a stronger conscience. Despite the continuing need for the Labs in the fight against the Slamgirls, the King moved to decommission their experiments. Once he himself disappeared, however, it was restarted in secret and the lack of official oversight has allowed the Labs' scientists to perform increasingly questionable experiments. One of their latest creations, Peahops, may prove to be the perfect weapon against the Slamgirl... but can any end justify such horrific means?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

quote:

Roses are red, Skull Hearts are blue,

The game is nearly done,

Happy V-Day to you!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Love is in the air~

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Wait is Valentine a vampire too, because she really looks like one in that pic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't see the vampire-ness outside of her skin color and I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting.

e: she's drinking Peacock Whiskey

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Wait is Valentine a vampire too, because she really looks like one in that pic
She's got some battle scars, dude. That's why she wears the eye patch and mask.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Countblanc posted:

I don't see the vampire-ness outside of her skin color and I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting.

e: she's drinking Peacock Whiskey

If Skullgirls was a disc release that would be an awesome collector's edition bonus: A bottle of Peacock Whiskey.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That's the Moe Moe Gangsta Edition, son.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Why can't I download this game, somebody was lying to us all,,

Who is the 8th character? Squiggly or Marie or a new comer? I think I saw Mike post on srk that the character would have a more innovative dash mechanic than the previous characters.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Munsun posted:

Why can't I download this game, somebody was lying to us all,,

Who is the 8th character? Squiggly or Marie or a new comer? I think I saw Mike post on srk that the character would have a more innovative dash mechanic than the previous characters.

I think it's almost certain at this point that it's Marie, because someone said that both boss characters would be playable as well. Valentine's one of them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I say a prayer every morning and every night that the 8th character will be Umbrella, but I'm pretty sure it's Marie.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Looks like we only have to wait a day or so to get an answer to that whole '8th Character' question.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

How about this Friday at 1am on GameTrailers TV on Spike?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH0Q_PJ6ReM&feature=player_embedded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Full walkthrough on GameTrailers on Friday too.

• Locked thread