Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
New comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0835.html

Always nice to see Belkar and V on the same page for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

That was one of the rare make-me-laugh-out-loud-for-30-seconds gags. Bravo.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Wow, a solid gag, told by clever word balloon choice and effective art. As much as I think this strip started out very lame, you can't deny Rich has really gotten the hang of his medium. His establishing shot of Windy Canyon last week- oh holy poo poo, I mean yesterday - was one of the better panels he's done.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Love the different faces on V and Belkar when they say "No."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I almost feel kind of bad for Yuk-Yuk. Seems a pretty quick change of pace by V since the fight with Zz'dtri.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yuk yuk indeed. I gag just thinking about it...

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sure am glad I read that at lunchtime. Ugh.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

delfin posted:

New comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0835.html

Always nice to see Belkar and V on the same page for once.

This is pretty much what my D&D group always wants to do to defeated enemies. "Oh he's hanging off a cliff is he? Well boys you know what to do."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I see that OOTS has become a political cartoon now, it's simply not possible for this to come up so shortly after the Afghanistan video scandal. Outrageous!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, that was disgusting!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
No more so than using out a hollowed out head for salsa.

A...hollowed out head, hollowed with debateable thoroughness given the presence of flesh.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

That sure is a terrible thing to do to half an experience point.

...I mean kobold.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Two Player Characters one kobold.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

DrakePegasus posted:

That sure is a terrible thing to do to half an experience point.

...I mean kobold.

Oh that Kobold probably has levels in assassin. I just wonder if the cat gets the XP or not.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

crime fighting hog posted:

Oh that Kobold probably has levels in assassin. I just wonder if the cat gets the XP or not.

Does one earn XP for murdering the enemy's dignity?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

DrakePegasus posted:

Does one earn XP for murdering the enemy's dignity?

I don't know, defecation during roleplaying sessions hasn't happened at my table since 7th grade.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I don't know, defecation during roleplaying sessions hasn't happened at my table since 7th grade.

You were playing F.A.T.A.L?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just love Belkar. Even though I do feel kinda sorry for the kobold.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Nenonen posted:

You were playing F.A.T.A.L?

I said defecation, not rolling on an anus circumference threshold chart.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I said defecation, not rolling on an anus circumference threshold chart.

Depends on how much cheese the guy was eating before.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Also, heads up for anyone who gets their OotS updates from image uploads in this thread or follow the links and don't pay attention to the title of the comic: go to the site and check out the title for this one. It's part of the joke. Also loving gross.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Also, heads up for anyone who gets their OotS updates from image uploads in this thread or follow the links and don't pay attention to the title of the comic: go to the site and check out the title for this one. It's part of the joke. Also loving gross.

This is why I subscribe to their RSS feed.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

"A dish best served warm" oh lord

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo. I think the Kickstarter might actually break a million dollars at this rate. :psyduck:

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

I don't know. That would require about $230,000 in just five days, and with no new pledge reward options on the horizon, I just can't see that much money coming in. Honestly, I think we'll be lucky if we can get to the patch before all is said and done.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Threw down $32, pretty awesome deal plus it feels good to help pay for the entertainment this strip has given me over the years!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

MildShow posted:

I don't know. That would require about $230,000 in just five days, and with no new pledge reward options on the horizon, I just can't see that much money coming in. Honestly, I think we'll be lucky if we can get to the patch before all is said and done.
I think there might be quite a few people like me, who are waiting until the last day or two to throw in their money because they're not sure which option to pick and/or they have an irrational aversion towards spending money when they don't know exactly what they're getting (even though the goodies can only increase).

Also, uh, shouldn't there have been another comic today? In what time-zone is Rich?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

Also, uh, shouldn't there have been another comic today? In what time-zone is Rich?
Probably a US Timezone, since it's only 7 PM on the US East Coast.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
The thing that I find amazing about this whole Kickstarter?

I've been reading this comic for 8 years :aaa:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

:siren:New Comic Is Up:siren:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I love these rare introspective strips. Though the part about Elan's mom hit a bit too close to home. :smith:

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

I think the biggest thing to take away from this comic is that Yukyuk is still there.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

MildShow posted:

I think the biggest thing to take away from this comic is that Yukyuk is still there.

I wasn't expecting that. He's NOT going to be happy when the domination wears off.

I'm intrigued by what Elan's plan is.

I liked the surprise burn, too.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I wasn't expecting that. He's NOT going to be happy when the domination wears off.

I'm intrigued by what Elan's plan is.

I liked the surprise burn, too.

He's got class levels, he's probably worth the one spell slot it takes to keep him under control for now.

Also, I like how Elan is exactly right - getting V back was a quick and boring job the plot needed (which conveniently fell during a time of authorial productivity) so they were able to explain it and have it pull off without a hitch and just a few jokes to tide us over. Whatever Elan's just come up with, however, sounds longer-term and as such has just had its chance of success upped considerably by his refusal to explain it right this moment. This is in fact how OotS works, and Elan's helping himself and the comic by acknowledging it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice one Belkar :iceburn:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

DrakePegasus posted:

I love these rare introspective strips. Though the part about Elan's mom hit a bit too close to home. :smith:

because I am more dense than lead. can someone please explain the thing?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Forer posted:

because I am more dense than lead. can someone please explain the thing?

Lost her nail = lost her Nale

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

She was sad because she lost her son, Nale, and young Elan thought she just meant she had lost "a nail"? And his mother's emotional attachment to the child she lost had an impact on Elan, which is why he finds it hard to think of Nale as just some evil bastard with a grudge against him?

Edit: beaten.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Dolash posted:

She was sad because she lost her son, Nale, and young Elan thought she just meant she had lost "a nail"? And his mother's emotional attachment to the child she lost had an impact on Elan, which is why he finds it hard to think of Nale as just some evil bastard with a grudge against him?

Edit: beaten.

Nale, not nail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Oh my God surprise burn was the best.