Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

This man is quite entertaining. I want him to get a million dollars. He deserves it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
There's a podcast interview with Rich Burlew

Some interesting things:
  • The Order of the Scribble - He hasn't ruled out a prequel book, but he has no plans for one. The events that caused the big rift in the Order of the Scribble will be revealed in time as part of the main comic.
  • Number of compilation books: There will be at least two more after volume 5.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

There will be at least two more after volume 5.
That puts the estimated final page count at, what, 1400 or so?

I have the best taste in this whole damn place

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

Nale, not nail?

Oh god, I'd forgotten about this. It's the most glorious thing ever.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Noia posted:

Oh god, I'd forgotten about this. It's the most glorious thing ever.

You nailed it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
:siren: New Comic: The Name of the Windy :siren:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The old ways are the best ways.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I've always been curious how Elan actually sings his little songs.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Nilbop posted:

I've always been curious how Elan actually sings his little songs.

Next bonus for the Kickstarter is an audio CD....

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I always hear it as similar to the Huntsman theme from Freakazoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbt47BiQ_Ng

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah but Elan always repeats his little word four times instead of three, which really throws off any rhythm I had in my head.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I figure they sound like Sir Robin's minstrels did in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Could a Scotsman check if in their accent "weendy" and "whindy" sound anywhere close? :v:

Also, to riff on the strip title, has anyone here read The Name of the Wind? I've heard good things about it, though I can't remember where.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hey, guess which Kickstarter just got back into the Top Five All-Time list?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

NihilCredo posted:

Could a Scotsman check if in their accent "weendy" and "whindy" sound anywhere close? :v:

Also, to riff on the strip title, has anyone here read The Name of the Wind? I've heard good things about it, though I can't remember where.

I'm about a quarter of the way through it, and it's magnificent.

Junk Science
Mar 4, 2008

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'm about a quarter of the way through it, and it's magnificent.

Steady yourself for disappointment. The second book is the gooniest piece of poo poo you'll ever read. The drop in quality is staggering.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

NihilCredo posted:

Didn't thunt go on about it at length several times?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Junk Science posted:

Steady yourself for disappointment. The second book is the gooniest piece of poo poo you'll ever read. The drop in quality is staggering.

Its not that bad, if you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy most of the second.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

a kitten posted:

I figure they sound like Sir Robin's minstrels did in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I'm hearing it as something similar to the Spam song, myself.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

NihilCredo posted:

It's great and I'm highly anticipating the 3rd one.

The second book isn't as good as the first, but it's till good, and goons will be goons and overstate it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Junk Science posted:

False, the "Gooniest piece of poo poo fantasy story" title is held by the Sword of Truth series for turning into unintelligible Lolbertarian claptrap halfway through an 8-book series, with second place being "The Painted Man", a worldsetting with an awesome gimmick, where the main female protagonist gets raped halfway through the novel and falls in love with the man who beats up her rapists, a TOTALLY AWESOME BALD DUDE COVERED IN TATTOOES WHO CAN FIGHT DEMONS BY PUNCHING THEIR FUKKIN FACES IN HELL YEAH

The second book was just... bland, in the Kingkiller Chronicle. Book 1 ruled, though.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So I just spent 176 dollars on the whole story (excepting Start of Darkness and On the origins). Did I do it right?

139$ +37 for international shipping.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Affi posted:

So I just spent 176 dollars on the whole story (excepting Start of Darkness and On the origins). Did I do it right?

139$ +37 for international shipping.
You should pick up Start of Darkness, too, if you get a chance. Book's amazing. Origins can be skipped without missing much, though.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Patches have been added to the Kickstarter, for $4 each.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Can I just say that I hope V keeps Yukyuk for the rest of the strip?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoyed the first Painted Man book v:shobon:v

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Silly rules question: who received the XP for defeating Zz'dtri? Yuk-yuk, V, both, fifty-fifty, neither?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

Silly rules question: who received the XP for defeating Zz'dtri? Yuk-yuk, V, both, fifty-fifty, neither?

If I was DM, they'd go to V but then again I wouldn't be clever enough to think of a bouncy ball that causes insanity.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Colon V posted:

You should pick up Start of Darkness, too, if you get a chance. Book's amazing. Origins can be skipped without missing much, though.

Oh no I already had those, this really stretched my budget to the limit (and beyond) but hey.. I can eat noodles for a few days.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

I enjoyed the first Painted Man book v:shobon:v

You enjoyed the part where Kakkarot-El With Tattooes saved Female Whose Only Role Was To Be Raped from her captors, and she immediately fell in love with him?

'Cuz that was the part that completely ruined the story for me. V:shobon:V

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I wish his name was really Kakkarot-El. Or the author's name in anagram form.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, I glossed over that part. Also I think he showed up after all that was said and done, didn't he? He saved them from dying of lack of supplies/rune-incompetence or something right?

Honestly I do find the idea of a man who turns himself into a monsterslaying machine through body modification to be pretty cool though :v:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

Nah, I glossed over that part. Also I think he showed up after all that was said and done, didn't he? He saved them from dying of lack of supplies/rune-incompetence or something right?

Honestly I do find the idea of a man who turns himself into a monsterslaying machine through body modification to be pretty cool though :v:

Literally kills the rape-bandits to death, then says dramatic, grimm things while the female instantly falls in love with him and the secondary main character feels impotent.

Then Kakkarot-El murders all the bad things and kicks everythings rear end and avenges his mother and is so fukkin awesome. He could even kill Wolverine.

Dude was basically what Belkar wanted to be at the start of OotS.(Bringin' it back around.)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
:siren: New Comic: Either Way, Really :siren:

It really must be a sign of the end times when Belkar is useful at tracking.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I'm rooting for Belkar being replaced by the Kobold, he's dead soon as is.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cuchulain posted:

I'm rooting for Belkar being replaced by the Kobold, he's dead soon as is.

I could have seen that happening up until Mister Scruffy's toilet stop.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

They may have to recruit him if he somehow survives the next big encounter, since if it leaves Belkar dead (and all signs point to Belkar dying some time 'soon') the Order's going to need to bulk their numbers and there just aren't many high level adventurers around.

Nale keeps finding them of course because he's an antagonist, who can always find the fresh manpower he needs to challenge the heroes if given enough offscreen time.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dolash posted:

They may have to recruit him if he somehow survives the next big encounter, since if it leaves Belkar dead (and all signs point to Belkar dying some time 'soon') the Order's going to need to bulk their numbers and there just aren't many high level adventurers around.

They didn't when Roy croaked.

The question being of course, would they resurrect him?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nenonen posted:

They didn't when Roy croaked.

The question being of course, would they resurrect him?

I can't imagine them not, but the oracle implies they won't, so something might get in the way of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

MikeJF posted:

I can't imagine them not, but the oracle implies they won't, so something might get in the way of that.

He might just really enjoy the Blood War and not want to come back for such a lame reason as saving the world.