Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Who's staying up tonight? I got a internship interview tomorrow, but I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
poo poo, I thought that was tomorrow, so to speak. I always forget that after midnight is technically the next day.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Who's staying up tonight? I got a internship interview tomorrow, but I don't care.

Not like you're going to need that interview, cause you'll be too busy playing Skullgirls when it comes out on March 17.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

just a butt posted:

Not like you're going to need that interview, cause you'll be too busy playing Skullgirls when it comes out on March 17.

They're going to release the day before the PC AE-2012 patch and own Capcom forever.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

just a butt posted:

I'm actually going to school at the Mike Z School of Awesome Tech. It's a major in Skullgirls with a minor in Kicking rear end.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
'Oh yes, I get Spike TV!' is a sentence that no one has ever said before.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Someone spoil the 8th character when it's shown for us people on the west coast that don't want to stay up that late. tia~~

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It's Double, they just showed a brief clip in the "On tonight's episode"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Archenteron posted:

Well bluh.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm glad it's who it is. She's gonna be incredible for sure.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm glad it's who it is. She's gonna be incredible for sure.

But she's so gross. So many gross characters.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Got to offset the "Oh this is a generic sexy animu fightan girl game" reaction, perhaps? v:v:v. But yeah. I was expecting someone else too.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Countblanc posted:

SkullGirls: ewwgu~~

In the meantime for the gameplay, Transformers looks cool.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Man, I hope we dont have to wait long for the first DLC characters. At least Umbrella and Squiggly are only half gross.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Archenteron posted:

Holy poo poo, so much better than Marie.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Guys, I think I've got that episode of GTTV on right now. It's playing the Battlefield 3 and Leisure Suit Larry segments it mentioned in the promo. If you're a West Coaster, I suggest you flip on the idiot box.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Just because she appeared in a commercial doesn't mean she's the one
how would you even play as that anyway.

also gross characters own, especially when girls are allowed to be horrifying and gross for once.

The Silver Snail posted:

Man, I hope we dont have to wait long for the first DLC characters. At least Umbrella and Squiggly are only half gross.

Umbrella's sister alone fights with a handgun and an army of bodygaurds in addition to an umbrella thing.
Umbrella has to have some gimmick so far unheard of

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Silver Snail posted:

Ideally, the art is being worked on now while the code guys are crushing bugs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Umbrella's sister alone fights with a handgun and an army of bodygaurds in addition to an umbrella thing.

Her (likely joking) concept art implies she interacts with her umbrella in really weird and chaotic ways, like eating it to inflate (like if you opened an umbrella inside of a garbage bag) or wearing it on her arm like a claw-gauntlet thing. Either way Umbrella owns.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

That was... something... :staredog:

Also yeah it's Double.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 17, 2012

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy poo poo! She's like Seth on crack. Including cut moves is just genius. And those creepy, blobby animations. Amazing!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
To summarize for those who missed it: She's like a nun that turns into some weird shapeshifting thing. When she does attacks, it's just the animations of other characters (c.MK from Parasoul, airdash attack thing from Cerebella). So most of her attacks don't have animations unique to her. Her movement had unique animations at least.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Here's what I got about Double from the preview:

*Made up of a bunch of weird squishy body parts, turns into weird things for attacks, like for example, her grab turns her into a giant hand with teeth and she eats the opponent

*Her dash carries her in an arc like Venom's Venom Fang (but doesn't do damage, natch)

*Some kind of body slam that I think causes a wall bounce (edit: apparently this is her in Cerebella's body)

*Transforms into other characters (e:fb)

*The only ultra we saw turns her into a giant car and runs over the opponent

Groghammer fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 17, 2012

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Just because she appeared in a commercial doesn't mean she's the one
how would you even play as that anyway.

They said word for word it is her. By name.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Waterbed posted:

To summarize for those who missed it: She's like a nun that turns into some weird shapeshifting thing. When she does attacks, it's just the animations of other characters (c.MK from Parasoul, airdash attack thing from Cerebella). So most of her attacks don't have animations unique to her. Her movement had unique animations at least.

You forgot about her getting attacks other characters don't use. Like Cerebella's butt bomber and Parasoul popping shots with her pistol.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So...that means a release date is coming soon right?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Internet is fast. Quality is rear end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3JVP8Zh0

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lordy, even at that terrible quality Double looks amazing. Kicking myself for forgetting to catch the show on time.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's like Seth and Shang Tsung had a baby and that bay is a horrible pile of disgusting meat.

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So...that means a release date is coming soon right?

St. Patrick's Day, undoubtedly.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

It's like Seth and Shang Tsung had a baby and that bay is a horrible pile of disgusting meat.

Don't forget an Evil Nun

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Hard to tell from the quality but it seems like it looks pretty bad when she uses another character's move.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It animated okay on my TV. Then again I was far away from the set at the time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Hard to tell from the quality but it seems like it looks pretty bad when she uses another character's move.

Yeah I mean it pretty much has to be instant because it'd be lovely otherwise, but it looks really jarring.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Sexiest character to date. Just look at those...palm...tongue...hands.

Friendly Friend
Sep 2, 2011
This game just gets more and more amazing with each reveal.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Double is even more loving bizarre looking than Painwheel. :aaaaa:

I guess this means Squiggly is coming later with DLC.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Saint Freak posted:

Sexiest character to date. Just look at those...palm...tongue...hands.

drat, that is some Akira poo poo right there.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
"Well, Double is just the whole cast mashed into one character, so--"

Ravidrath posted:

Whole cast... and then some.

...DUN DUN DUN!

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Watch French people play Skullgirls right now!

http://www.twitch.tv/swga_maho

edit: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD VALENTINE'S TIME OVER LOSS POSE

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 17, 2012

• Locked thread