Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It seems like a good set-piece for somebody's fall to be broken by a conveniently placed flumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Even the Kickstarter graph comics have clever plot twists!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Yeah, update but he's 2k1k away from raising one million dollars. Which is insane.

He just broke a million!

Affi fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 19, 2012

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Aaaand now he just broke the million-dollar mark. :toot: :woop:

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Holy poo poo, I hope this means Rich will be able to obtain the tools he needs to put the comic out faster. I'd have never thought this comic was so popular, and I'd love for this to spur a more even update schedule.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Danzou posted:

Holy poo poo, I hope this means Rich will be able to obtain the tools he needs to put the comic out faster. I'd have never thought this comic was so popular, and I'd love for this to spur a more even update schedule.

The "tools" he needs to put it out faster is a new digestive system.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Finally broke down and just created a new Amazon account so I could donate. Yay for $1mil!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Congrats Rich. If somebody had told me that he'd have been able to raise a million dollars in under a month before this kickstarter began, I'd have questioned their sanity. Rich probably would have too!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Psh, I doubt he'll reach 2 million at this rate

Seriously though, that's amazing stuff!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Congratulations, Rich. And thank you in advance for the amazing things you're going to do with it.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...
I upped my pledge/thing from 35 to 295 bux -- now I get EVERYTHING MWA HAHAHAHAAA.

And Rich breaks a million. :)

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
Finally plunking down for at least the print-only books; hot drat I've been curious about those for a while, and OotS is enjoyable no matter how many times I reread it for it to be more than worthy of sending some money its way.

I'm just sorry that it had to take so long, but hey. More sacrifices for Banjo!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I bumped up for all the full color books. He can have my money as long as I keep getting kick rear end comics

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Colonial Air Force posted:

A million dollars buys lots of things.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Colonial Air Force posted:

And, apparently, a new computer, a software update, and a Cintiq.

Which he'd BETTER GODDAMN WELL BUY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE LAST $150K WAS FOR OKAY

ALSO BUY A HOUSE OR SOMETHING

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I hope he gets the Cintiq, not so much for using for the Order of the Stick, but for whatever he goes onto next. He seems to want to carry on as a writer and artist once the strip finishes, and hopefully having a Cintiq would make that easier.

Plus: a million dollars! I wonder if he'd ever even imagined raising that much in his wildest dreams? Good on him though, he deserves it!

kethryveris
Aug 18, 2006

Wait! I wasn't yelling at you.
I was yelling at the duck.
Okay, 'fess up. Which one of you posted this in the Kickstarter comments?

quote:

I feel compelled to try and convince Mookie to do his own kickstarter. Because I'm a fan of Dominic Deegan.

Definitely not because I would derive some sort of sick pleasure from seeing him struggle to break triple digits while Rich wonders what the hell to do with all of this money.

I mean, that's just silly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

kethryveris posted:

Okay, 'fess up. Which one of you posted this in the Kickstarter comments?
It wasn't me, but I wish it was.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I still say that Roy raises Belkar as a giant gently caress you to fate. It fits his character to a T.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I still say that Roy raises Belkar as a giant gently caress you to fate. It fits his character to a T.
I dunno. Trying to defy prophecies like that is usually the best way to bring them about.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Before I put in my order can anyone confirm if there's some way to get all the books and the art print too? I'd like to get the art print if possible, but it don't look like it is. Still, €202 ($268) for all the books, two coloring books, a magnet, a patch and all the .pdfs is great value for money. Even if the wait for them over the next few weeks will be agonizing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Colon V posted:

I dunno. Trying to defy prophecies like that is usually the best way to bring them about.

Yeah but Roy tends to ignore "narrative conventions" unless he absolutely has to pay attention to them or if they're common sense.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Toussaint Louverture posted:

The thing is... why would Roy do this?

Belkar's a lot of trouble for a small gain.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

tsob posted:

Before I put in my order can anyone confirm if there's some way to get all the books and the art print too? I'd like to get the art print if possible, but it don't look like it is. Still, €202 ($268) for all the books, two coloring books, a magnet, a patch and all the .pdfs is great value for money. Even if the wait for them over the next few weeks will be agonizing.

Seriously if you ordered books and a lot of the other stuff like me then you should be willing to wait for it. This task infront of Rich is really really big so... it might take some time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Affi posted:

Seriously if you ordered books and a lot of the other stuff like me then you should be willing to wait for it. This task infront of Rich is really really big so... it might take some time.

Oh I completely understand why it will take time. Doesn't mean I won't be sitting there thinking "I wish I had them books now, now, NOW!" occasionally for the next two or three months.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Dr Pepper posted:

The thing is... why would Roy do this?

Belkar's a lot of trouble for a small gain.

As it stands right now? He wouldn't. He might consider changing his mind if Belkar did some kind of heroic sacrifice or some such, but considering that the Oracle's Prophecy specified that "Belkar will draw his last breath - ever - before the end of the year" it seems pretty clear that he's going to die and stay dead.

Granted, in a D&D world there are a lot of non-breathing but still walking around options available, the simplest of which would be that Belkar gets brought back as undead of some sort working for the bad guys, which would fulfill the "he dies" and "he's no longer breathing" elements of the Prophecy while still keeping him a part of the story.

But even so, my guess is that he's going to get Snarled, which destroys his souls and prevents him from being raised or brought back as a sentient Undead.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Belkar: Flesh Golem.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

jng2058 posted:

As it stands right now? He wouldn't. He might consider changing his mind if Belkar did some kind of heroic sacrifice or some such, but considering that the Oracle's Prophecy specified that "Belkar will draw his last breath - ever - before the end of the year" it seems pretty clear that he's going to die and stay dead.

Or that he becomes the Sexy Shoeless God of War for real. Gods don't have to breathe like mortals.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I'm a big dummy. They're headed to a gate to oblivion, right? What's the chance Belkar throws himself in or gets thrown in?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Part of his path of redemption that Scruffy has led him down

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Comedy option: he gets an Ioun Stone of breath lodged in his windpipe and chokes to death.

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Looks like it was the 3rd $1M project within two weeks:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/20/kickstarter-million-project-pledge-order-of-the-stick/

Theler
Aug 8, 2009

tsob posted:

Since your order is over 250 you automatically get the art print. See the chart on update 22 second to last column.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

fallingdownjoe posted:

I hope he gets the Cintiq, not so much for using for the Order of the Stick, but for whatever he goes onto next. He seems to want to carry on as a writer and artist once the strip finishes, and hopefully having a Cintiq would make that easier.

Plus: a million dollars! I wonder if he'd ever even imagined raising that much in his wildest dreams? Good on him though, he deserves it!

Bite it, Buckley. :)

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Yes! Grabbed the very last limited Snips Snails and Dragon Tails expanded package they had. This whole thing is a feel good story.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I hope he gets to the 1,14million mark so I get even more rewards!

14 hours! 30 thousand! he'll probably break the 1,4million mark.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This whole poo poo is goddamn loving insane.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Honestly, there's actually still wrinkles possible even within the Oracle's prophecy. The Oracle's powers and divine gifts, and the gods keep failing to come to grips with the Snarl. The more involved with the Snarl the Order becomes, the more Belkar can fall through a 'whoops, gee, Tiamat thought he was dead, but I guess he went to the Snarl's inner world and came back' or whatever the exact form is.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Personally, I could imagine Belkar not wanting to come back. He's evil and he knows it, so if his recent stretch of good behavior was enough to land him on a neutral plane to terrorize in the afterlife, I could imagine him taking the money and running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Nilbop posted:

This whole poo poo is goddamn loving insane.
It's been almost three hundred thousand dollars since the "everything past this goes into the General Fund" line.