Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Who else is looking forward to Death Cargo?? I know I can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1puSFAIBuyM

Day 1 purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

AXE COP posted:

Who else is looking forward to Death Cargo?? I know I can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1puSFAIBuyM

That fatality is the best thing.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Crackbone posted:

What the gently caress? This some mom's-basement studio project, right?

You're saying that like it's a bad thing. It's like someone pirated a copy of After-Effects and decided to make a game using just that, somehow.

Apparently you have to register on their forum to get the beta version, but my confirmation email isn't loving coming :saddowns: I'm not going to fault them for not having English as their first language, but holy gently caress this site is a mess.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

PalmTreeFun posted:

That fatality is the best thing.

I dunno, I kinda like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVddkjMiX8&hd=1

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So did they record a fatality for every single possible matchup or something? Thats pretty impressive.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
The amount of effort and polish is, frankly, fairly staggering. But not as much as the name.

Seriously. Death Cargo?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I remember months ago I read every piece of information on Death Cargo's website and all of it is as hilarious as you'd expect.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

redmercer posted:

The amount of effort and polish is, frankly, fairly staggering. But not as much as the name.

Seriously. Death Cargo?

They mispelled it. Clearly its Deathcargot, and meant to evoke a feeling of high class.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!
http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deathcargo/character.html

I like how half the cast is played by the same guy wearing different wigs. Also the spider chick with the weird face and photoshopped jumbo tits is pretty hilarious.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fun posted:

I remember months ago I read every piece of information on Death Cargo's website and all of it is as hilarious as you'd expect.

I just read the character descriptions and I can confirm this. Apparently the "studio" is just some dudes who like making ridiculously violent poo poo, whatever the medium. They did a movie and some comics and stuff too.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Are there gameplay videos of anyone else besides Plasma?

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I kind of like the FBI agent with the revolver/brainslug photoshopped weapon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

I just read the character descriptions and I can confirm this. Apparently the "studio" is just some dudes who like making ridiculously violent poo poo, whatever the medium. They did a movie and some comics and stuff too.

They say they want to recreate the 80's and 90's style...and I suppose they succeeded, since this poo poo doesn't look out of place in an Image comic book or as Mortal Kombat ripoff concepts. Why you'd want to emulate that era, I have no fuckin' clue.

THEY HAVE A CHARACTER NAMED AMAZING. Well, not Amazing, it's Amaz-1-ing or something like that.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

I remember this game, some dudes from my old local scene were super hype about it and it was fun seeing them react to the game's demo being delayed like 5 times in one month, and then it turned out to be a Plasma mirror match with broken gameplay. I never thought I'd hear about this game again, gladly I was wrong.

It seems they actually added some stuff to their site, like that Remy's Dad character. I guess it's worth a look.

Death Cargo's Forum posted:

21 Feb 2011
DEATH CARGO:
Beta 5.0 (Leach Test Mode)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
--------
Hi fans/ beta tester
Now you can play as Leach in this Work in Progress version (only some moves are available)

On March we will create a beta with:
+ Leach (definitive version)
+ Plasma (definitive version)
+ a BIG surprise/present for you.

Thank you for your SUPPORT.
-----------
You can play the Hulk now, sweet.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

It looks like the Jolly Green Giant is the only playable character in this one, and he only has five moves so far and can't jump. It looks like they took down the older betas where you could play as KD Lang as well. There's a lot of weird, hosed up mechanics in this game, like not being able to jump over or cross up your opponent according to the FAQ. I like the look of the game, though :shobon:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I can't wait for the DEATH CARGO thread.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Bovineicide posted:

It looks like the Jolly Green Giant is the only playable character in this one, and he only has five moves so far and can't jump. It looks like they took down the older betas where you could play as KD Lang as well. There's a lot of weird, hosed up mechanics in this game, like not being able to jump over or cross up your opponent according to the FAQ. I like the look of the game, though :shobon:

Not gonna lie, I always like seeing a fighter with unusual mechanics. Even if it doesn't end up good, at least they tried to mix things up a little. v:shobon:v

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Death Cargo looks like someone told Boss Logic to go make an x-treme and violent fighting game.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 22, 2012

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Those are some sweet fatality videos, I'm just confused why they feel the need to make an inevitably godawful fighting game around them.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Or why instead of digitizing the fatalities, the current stage has walls mysteriously appear surrounding the characters and it cuts to a video of a fatality that looks like it was filmed behind somebody's house.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crackbone posted:

Or why instead of digitizing the fatalities, the current stage has walls mysteriously appear surrounding the characters and it cuts to a video of a fatality that looks like it was filmed behind somebody's house.

Maybe it was filmed behind someones house. They're probably snuff videos with CGI over top. :ohdear:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Crackbone posted:

Blood shows up better on a white wall, duh :rolleyes:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
In 7 days, the world will see a clash like never before!

Welcome to :aaaaa:X-Men vs. Street Fighter!:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo! There will be punching! And kicking! And flying and unflying and a ton of bullshit infinites!

(Yes, Magneto is an rear end in a top hat in this game as well.)

There will even be :catdrugs:X-FACTOR:catdrugs:

(No, there won't.)

Well drat, wouldn't it be cool if we had a tournament for this?

:siren: Goons Game Poorly Online Tournament on Wednesday (2/29): X-Men vs Street Fighter :siren:

Forward your ports before the tournament starts. Do it. If you don't and it takes you 20 minutes before you figure out whether you can receive/send challenges you will be DQ'd.

da gently caress is dis game

It's like Marvel vs Capcom, except awesome because IT HAS GEMSI lied no gems.

how da gently caress do i lurn dis game

SRK has a wiki for it.

dis game is 2hard4me

Stop whining, you have one whole week to become the best XvSF player!

i didn't ask for dis!

YES YOU DID NOW SIGN UP

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

interrodactyl posted:

how da gently caress do i lurn dis game

SRK has a wiki for it.

Info on the wiki is kind of sparse. I was reminded today when looking up some stuff about Alpha 3 out of curiousity, that James Chen used to write guides, and recall that Mike Ross or someone said he wrote one for XvSF, which you can still get on gamefaqs, and has gross amounts of information that I can only assume is actually correct. Downside is you have to deal with his lovely jokes.

edit: also sorry about no-showing the vsav tourney i thought i dropped out v:shobon:v

Not Dave fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 22, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So Capcom re-released Rival Schools on the PlayStation Network in Japan. Apparently Capcom went to the lengths to finding and obtaining all the rights for the game, so we might even get to see it re-released in America.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Policenaut posted:

So Capcom re-released Rival Schools on the PlayStation Network in Japan. Apparently Capcom went to the lengths to finding and obtaining all the rights for the game, so we might even get to see it re-released in America.

Too bad its the PS version and not the Dreamcast one.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/316113/VF4:%20Evo%20Available%20on%20PSN%20-%20Eu

Sega giving a poo poo? I hope.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :neckbeard:

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Apparently it's kind of a bad emulation job according to the thread, which sucks, but hey, it's a nice gesture.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

BurningCourage posted:

Apparently it's kind of a bad emulation job according to the thread, which sucks, but hey, it's a nice gesture.

It's the thought that counts.* :)

*Because God forbid Sega will do something right in their lives for once (this isn't out of sarcasm; they really fail at almost anything that doesn't involve Sonic after realizing crappier Sonic games will kill them).

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Too bad its the PS version and not the Dreamcast one.

The DC version didn't have the controller massage. :colbert:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Schmendrick posted:

It's the thought that counts.* :)

*Because God forbid Sega will do something right in their lives for once (this isn't out of sarcasm; they really fail at almost anything that doesn't involve Sonic after realizing crappier Sonic games will kill them).

They publish Platinum Games...games. There ya go.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

redmercer posted:

The DC version didn't have the controller massage. :colbert:

Counterpoint: anti-aliasing.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz
Toxic from DeathCargo totally reminds me of Doctrine Dark.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

They publish Platinum Games...games. There ya go.

They made Vanquish too...which Sega purposely tried to kill. I'm never going to understand Sega.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR5kToQR4GY

Some new info on the VF5FS port, including confirmation of online lobbies.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 24, 2012

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Training mode and online lobbies are good. I'm a little worried about the whole 10,000 DLC customization items though, especially since Quest mode wasn't mentioned at all.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Looks great, but like always I worry if anyone will actually wind up playing it :(

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
For the maybe 2 other people that play Ougon Cross, Willard came out today get the patch on the official site.

To save you time this is his BnB

blah blah 2C,(6C,2B,5C,j.BC,land 236A+B)xN,6C,214[A].

His 214 series when charged does unprorated damage so end long combos with that for more damage. His boost seems pretty bad at least for who I am using it just lets you cancel specials into supers(meta+lv2 only), I bet some crazy combo will be found with it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

For the maybe 2 other people that play Ougon Cross, Willard came out today get the patch on the official site.

To save you time this is his BnB

blah blah 2C,(6C,2B,5C,j.BC,land 236A+B)xN,6C,214[A].

His 214 series when charged does unprorated damage so end long combos with that for more damage. His boost seems pretty bad at least for who I am using it just lets you cancel specials into supers(meta+lv2 only), I bet some crazy combo will be found with it though.

Is the game worth playing at all? I might pick it up just to mash around in training mode, but there's a smaller scene for that game than there is for IaMP.

• Locked thread