Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Hahaha holy poo poo I think I just "got" RoF.

I ended up in a fight with a lv. 44 Dwellist again, not the Dolled up one but a different one. He was flanked by two MG enemies each around lv. 10, so no big deal with them, but the big guy had me worried.

I sent Vashyron over to the left to run pretty much straight at the left side enemy, and took him out easy. By this time, the Dwellist was standing close to Zephyr. I used a hero action to move Zephyr away from the Dwellist but targeted it, thinking I'd do some scratch damage as I ran off towards the other MG enemy.

I ended up scratching off his entire health bar in two charges. :psyduck: That was... just... amazingly lucky shooting, holy poo poo.

I had a resonance point when it was Leanne's turn, so I thought what the hell, did a tri-attack and she proceeded to convert like 2,000 scratch damage to direct in her first two attacks during the tri-attack.

That was incredible :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Really looking forward to the F2P relaunch of KZ3 multiplayer. It wasn't perfect, but it was fairly fun for a while, and it probably has the best Move implementation I've seen in an FPS yet. Wonder if they've nerfed it at all? I was headshotting people with HMGs from across the map with all assists disabled last time.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Code Jockey posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo I think I just "got" RoF.

I ended up in a fight with a lv. 44 Dwellist again, not the Dolled up one but a different one. He was flanked by two MG enemies each around lv. 10, so no big deal with them, but the big guy had me worried.

I sent Vashyron over to the left to run pretty much straight at the left side enemy, and took him out easy. By this time, the Dwellist was standing close to Zephyr. I used a hero action to move Zephyr away from the Dwellist but targeted it, thinking I'd do some scratch damage as I ran off towards the other MG enemy.

I ended up scratching off his entire health bar in two charges. :psyduck: That was... just... amazingly lucky shooting, holy poo poo.

I had a resonance point when it was Leanne's turn, so I thought what the hell, did a tri-attack and she proceeded to convert like 2,000 scratch damage to direct in her first two attacks during the tri-attack.

That was incredible :black101:

I love how badass that game makes you feel when you get it right. All the times you end up loving up because you're in the wrong position make it difficult for me to want to continue playing, though, especially in the chapter where you only have two characters

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I started Uncharted 2 last night. While I haven't gotten far enough to judge it as a whole, it feels better than the first. The main thing that I want to say, though, is that the first burglary mission is incredible. drat that was cool.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

csidle posted:

I started Uncharted 2 last night. While I haven't gotten far enough to judge it as a whole, it feels better than the first. The main thing that I want to say, though, is that the first burglary mission is incredible. drat that was cool.

Get used to that feeling. Uncharted 2 has its problems, but I think "drat that was cool" is the perfect one sentence review for that game.

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

csidle posted:

I love watching people experience this game for the first time. I've pushed by best friend and one of my cousins through it and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing them on the ride.

The game has a lot of moments like the burglary mission that are not, by themselves, any more unique than any other game, but they are just so drat polished.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I've bougth Shadows of the Damned cheap but I've been having some issues with the controls, once in a while the game register a button input I never pressed. Like I go to the merchant and then I instantly exit because it somehow read the circle button.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 24, 2012

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

I've bougth Shadows of the Damned cheap but I've been having some issues with the controls, once in a while the game register a butto input I never pressed. Like I go to the merchant and then I instantly exit because it somehow read the circle button.

Get used to it. The game was rushed and it`s riddled with bugs as a result.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Dominic White posted:

Really looking forward to the F2P relaunch of KZ3 multiplayer. It wasn't perfect, but it was fairly fun for a while, and it probably has the best Move implementation I've seen in an FPS yet. Wonder if they've nerfed it at all? I was headshotting people with HMGs from across the map with all assists disabled last time.

Is this the reason why I always hear bad things about KZ3 multiplayer? I would think people using a move controller would get a pretty unfair advantage versus people with regular controllers.

Though I may be overestimating the accuracy of the move.

ChetReckless posted:

Get used to that feeling. Uncharted 2 has its problems, but I think "drat that was cool" is the perfect one sentence review for that game.

Yea, I just finished 2 for the 4th time yesterday and will be starting 3 soon. This is the first series that I actively went out of my way to get all the trophies.

I also was completely surprised at how much fun the multiplayer can be. At first, I thought it was just a gimmick thrown into the game, but now it's actually one of the best multiplayer games I've played on a console.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 24, 2012

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Cardboard Fox posted:

Though I may be overestimating the accuracy of the move.
You're not. Check out video of players using it. It provides accuracy not unlike the various hacked mouse+kb solutions. It has the same limitations (you can't insta-turn like you could with a mouse), but it remains a substantial edge.

... which doesn't make me want a Move so much as it makes me just want to not bother with any VS FPS that supports Move :sigh: I mostly play co-op or asymmetric VS games anyways, though - stuff where the aiming isn't as critical.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The inevitable is coming.

quote:

South African retailer “BT Games” started taking pre-orders for God of War IV today. The game was also included on the company’s latest newsletter.

While not a confirmation by any means, “BT Games” has added in an ETA February 2013 launch date for the action title. The site does say that “Preorder pries and ETA are provisional and subject to change before release date.”

It’s interesting to see that BT Games is willing to accept pre-orders for God of War IV as Sony actually hasn’t even confirmed that its in development. However, evidence has continued to mount and we’ll likely hear about an announcement in the future.

This rumor has a bit more weight because this particular retailer also leaked out the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and other titles before they were announced. So, believe it or not it's (mostly) going to happen.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Polite Tim posted:

I love how badass that game makes you feel when you get it right. All the times you end up loving up because you're in the wrong position make it difficult for me to want to continue playing, though, especially in the chapter where you only have two characters

Oh that sounds fun...

Man the game is way easier now that I'm doing it right. It's not easy, but at least it's not "if I miss even slightly I'm going to run out of hero gauge and be totally hosed"

What's the best way to recharge the hero gauge when it's empty anyway? Picking up broken pieces of it don't do it, it seems like I just have to take pot shots at enemies and hope to off them or otherwise charge my gauge that way. I need to go look up the ways that hero gauge recharges anyway, it seems like there's ways that I gain it back seemingly randomly [beyond just killing enemies]. Hooray for paying attention to tutorials :P

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Shalinor posted:

You're not. Check out video of players using it. It provides accuracy not unlike the various hacked mouse+kb solutions. It has the same limitations (you can't insta-turn like you could with a mouse), but it remains a substantial edge.

... which doesn't make me want a Move so much as it makes me just want to not bother with any VS FPS that supports Move :sigh: I mostly play co-op or asymmetric VS games anyways, though - stuff where the aiming isn't as critical.

The hilarious thing is that the Move is perceived by most players as being wildly inferior, so nobody complains when you start headshotting them from across the map with a chunky full-auto support weapon!

Sony really screwed up on marketing that controller. They should have pushed it harder as being a pinpoint-accurate device for core gamers in addition to being ideal for casual gaming, too. Glad to see a little more stuff supporting it now.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if they'd have the balls to go after a completely different mythology with the next God of War game.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

notZaar posted:

I wonder if they'd have the balls to go after a completely different mythology with the next God of War game.

I'd hope so, because Jaffe's original idea for God of War 3 was literally Kratos teaming up with the versions of Kratos from every religion ever and loving poo poo up, which sounds much cooler than what we ended up with.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Dominic White posted:

The hilarious thing is that the Move is perceived by most players as being wildly inferior, so nobody complains when you start headshotting them from across the map with a chunky full-auto support weapon!

Sony really screwed up on marketing that controller. They should have pushed it harder as being a pinpoint-accurate device for core gamers in addition to being ideal for casual gaming, too. Glad to see a little more stuff supporting it now.

Meanwhile I tried to use the Move controller to play Killzone 3, and I found it to be so inaccurate and difficult to use that I had to use a regular controller. In the first level after the tutorial, I used every single bullet I had in my gun and couldn't kill even a single guy, and I tried recalibrating the thing 4 or 5 times to try to find a deadzone that would work appropriatly for me.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palleon posted:

Meanwhile I tried to use the Move controller to play Killzone 3, and I found it to be so inaccurate and difficult to use that I had to use a regular controller. In the first level after the tutorial, I used every single bullet I had in my gun and couldn't kill even a single guy, and I tried recalibrating the thing 4 or 5 times to try to find a deadzone that would work appropriatly for me.

It takes quite a bit of finesse - it's definitely more involved than playing with a gamepad. I've found that having a very small deadzone for moving around, then just locking facing when I'm aiming works best.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's also environment-dependent. One living room could have the right spacing, layout and lighting for the Move to work miraculously, and the other living room could be too cramped, too 'busy' too dark, too bright, etc...

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Feenix posted:

It's also environment-dependent. One living room could have the right spacing, layout and lighting for the Move to work miraculously, and the other living room could be too cramped, too 'busy' too dark, too bright, etc...

I've used it in a whole variety of rooms - so long as you're just sitting still, you should be fine. The actual aiming is mostly done with the gyros, anyway.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dominic White posted:

MAG is still the only game I am any good at sniping at on the consoles because of the Move.

Man, I need to play MAG again. I didn't give it nearly enough time, and it's a fun game. Plus, like I've said before, one of the main reasons I got a Move was for FPS games.

Now if only MW3 or BF3 would get Move support [a bonus would be the community outrage that I'm sure would follow]

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Dominic White posted:

I have troubles using the move to my fullest gaming extent. As I have said before though, I don't play with crosshairs, and a hud so I tend to have no idea where the action is or where I am exactly pointing, but I really like it for being just my gun on the screen and the ironsights pulled up, it feels real immersive, even if I die every 6 minutes.

What is awesome though, when I get sick of dying a lot I can switch to a controller and start owning people. Even with no crosshairs, having a gun weighted to firing at 0,0 makes it really easy to still line up good body->headshots with the SE m82(?)

What I don't understand is how is this "cap" or level thing working? As is I only play medic, so is it safe to assume I could play on the "demo" version?. Color me excited though, I'll be tempted to hop into mp a lot more just for a map or two. I just hope this version will support custom music playback, which is arguably one of my favorite features.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Code Jockey posted:

What's the best way to recharge the hero gauge when it's empty anyway? Picking up broken pieces of it don't do it, it seems like I just have to take pot shots at enemies and hope to off them or otherwise charge my gauge that way. I need to go look up the ways that hero gauge recharges anyway, it seems like there's ways that I gain it back seemingly randomly [beyond just killing enemies]. Hooray for paying attention to tutorials :P

Breaking off pieces of enemies gives you one so if you break someones hat and shades off you get two back also gauge breaking gives some and i think you get 1-3 back when you kill something. Just wait until you start dual wielding.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 24, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Marogareh posted:

Breaking off pieces of enemies gives you one so if you break someones hat and shades off you get two back also gauge breaking gives some and i think you get 1-3 back when you kill something. Just wait until you start dual wielding.

Ohhhh that's got to be it. drat, that makes sense.

I'm like "oh cool I just got back two hero gauge but I have no idea why" but yeah it'd make sense that it was because of bustin' parts off of things.

MY WIFE is out of town this weekend so I plan to marathon the gently caress out of this game since this is the first weekend in ages I have no plans. I'm hooked. It says something when even the normally grindy [in any other game] random battles are fun.

Judging by the size of the trophy list I probably won't beat it, and I plan to sink some more time in FF9 and my neglected GT5 too [my G27 has dust on it and that is a crime] but drat I want to play this more.

I'm also sinking way too much money into j-rock dress up wardrobe stuff. :sweatdrop:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The game isn't that long it's just the arena that takes for loving ever to finish. Of all the PS3 games i've played this is the only one that gave me the drive to platinum.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Dominic White posted:

Well that depends. The "Chunky Full Auto support weapon" is an absolute beast if you get the helghan LMG. All you have to do is crouch and lay on the trigger to take out anything even at relatively far distances. In fact, I think I play engineer more than medic now just because that gun is awesome while I think the 3 round burst rifle the medic gets sucks.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Marogareh posted:

The game isn't that long it's just the arena that takes for loving ever to finish. Of all the PS3 games i've played this is the only one that gave me the drive to platinum.

Hey, I platinumed Saboteur. I can handle things taking a while. :v:

Oh, and also, now that I'm home and fired it up, something else worth mentioning: RoF has a gorgeous soundtrack. I'm sure I haven't even heard the best of it but I'm sitting in the home base right now and the string music playing is just beautiful, and there's been a few other points where I was like "drat, this is some really beautiful music"

It works really well with the atmosphere of the game.

e. AWWW YEAH SON FINALLY GOT THE DOLLED UP DUELLIST god drat this feels like that feeling when I finally whacked Flamelurker in Demon's Souls :toot:

It was close too. Lost hero gauge, had him down to like 300 hp, had Vashyron toss two Molotov++'s at him to bring him down to a literal pixel of health, and he took off running towards one of my broken gauge crystals to heal. Leanne put a stop to that, and RIGHT before he got it, THWAP THWAP THWAP dead.

The Real Resonance of Fate Starts Here :black101:

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 25, 2012

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Code Jockey posted:

Hey, I platinumed Saboteur.

You are a powerful and sexually potent individual with excellent taste in games. We will always be friends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to a tweet by Kojima it seems that ZOE2 on the HD collection will be the "Special Edition" of the game.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What's different in the special edition? I tried playing through the first ZoE some time ago and it was pretty difficult; that game hasn't aged all that well. ZoE 2 on the other hand... I can't wait to see that poo poo in HD.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Hey Kojima/Konami/American PSN, where's my digital MGS Collection? :mad:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

What's different in the special edition? I tried playing through the first ZoE some time ago and it was pretty difficult; that game hasn't aged all that well. ZoE 2 on the other hand... I can't wait to see that poo poo in HD.

New and improved visual effects, a couple of new gameplay sections that don't add much, and a lot of extra missions, boss rush, survival mode, etc. (were those in the US version?).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Spermando posted:

New and improved visual effects, a couple of new gameplay sections that don't add much, and a lot of extra missions, boss rush, survival mode, etc. (were those in the US version?).
Christ I'm dumb, my version is the European one which is a special edition by default. :doh: On the back it says: "This European Special Edition of Z.O.E: The 2nd Runner includes new gameplay sequences and polygon demos, a new opening demo, more secret extras, new 3D models and further improved graphics."

Guess the last part is guaranteed in the HD version. :haw:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Parkingtigers posted:

You are a powerful and sexually potent individual with excellent taste in games. We will always be friends.

Finally someone who gets me. :respek:

That was a fun game though. It never got old trolling Nazis, despite having to do it a zillion times.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm late to the party, but I just finished Uncharted 3 to complete the series today. Has Naughty Dog said anything about continuing the series or are they going to give it to sony and work on The Last of Us?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Cardboard Fox posted:

I'm late to the party, but I just finished Uncharted 3 to complete the series today. Has Naughty Dog said anything about continuing the series or are they going to give it to sony and work on The Last of Us?

Nothing official has been announced or anything, but considering the Last of Us was being worked on at the same time Uncharted 3 was being completed, and that Naughty Dog is now a 2 game studio, I bet there will be an Uncharted 4 and it will be made by Naughty Dog.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Maybe they'll follow their history and Uncharted 4 will be a racing game.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
UnKarted?

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

If the Vita is anything to go by, it's become very apparent that Sony knows not to gently caress around when it comes to launching a new console and I'd say that it's a safe bet that whenever the PS4 launches, they'll have a couple of major franchises ready to push out for the launch window. My money personally would be on Uncharted 4 and Gran Turismo 6, or perhaps something new from the LittleBigPlanet team :shobon:

It's also worth noting that since completing Uncharted 3, Naughty Dog instantly started hiring for modelers who can work with very high-poly 3D models, which indicates that they've started work on a PS4 game of some kind. I think that abandoning the Uncharted series to do something new entirely would be a great shame.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Gran Turismo 6 will be set as a launch game for PS4 but show up in the console's 4th year. It will have amazing detail on 600 of the 1000 cars, but no windshields modeled. Interestingly, it will have an AutoTrader Channel where you can bid on real used cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
The Last Guardian will be a PS4 launch title.

• Locked thread