Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Don't get too excited...

Here is a little Mad Max style anti-theft system. I have an eyebolt in the door and I need a little piece of wire to go to the pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Seriously, every time you update it's insanely off the wall and yet fits so well. And this time, I think you outdid yourself.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Love it! On the other hand if a cop or concerned passerby ever happens to catch a glimpse of it...

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Love it! On the other hand if a cop or concerned passerby ever happens to catch a glimpse of it...

The blue paint should be enough to any cop that knows anything, blue paint is a standard for training equipment - that is, non-live.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

As opposed to the bomb on the back, guns on the roof, bullets and howitzer ammo on the backseat, turn signals that might decapitate cyclists not to mention the general state of the vehicle?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

simplefish posted:

... the general state of the vehicle?

You flatter me.

The grenades are behind the seats, so you can't see them unless the doors are open.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Post-apocalyptic rust is no reflection on the structural integrity, performance, technical skill involved, or ingenuity of design. It does, however, tend to make people think it's a deathtrap.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

simplefish posted:

Post-apocalyptic rust is no reflection on the structural integrity, performance, technical skill involved, or ingenuity of design. It does, however, tend to make people think it's a deathtrap.

Deathtrap is probably pretty accurate, really.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Blood Magnet posted:

Deathtrap is probably pretty accurate, really.

All bugs are deathtraps, your point is invalid.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

simplefish posted:

Do heavy metal album covers really count as "Design"?

ModernDayDiogenes
Jul 3, 2007
"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." - George Carlin
Piping up to say that I get a kick out of every update I see with this car.

Blood Magnet, forgive me if this question has already been asked, but have you stuck with all TIG welding with your fabrication work on this, or have you done any stick or MIG with it, too?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

ModernDayDiogenes posted:

Piping up to say that I get a kick out of every update I see with this car.

Blood Magnet, forgive me if this question has already been asked, but have you stuck with all TIG welding with your fabrication work on this, or have you done any stick or MIG with it, too?

I use a combination of TIG and MIG. The mild steel is mostly MIG. All of the Aluminum is TIG. All of the Stainless is TIG. The sheet metal is all MIG. I only really use my stick welder when I'm welding really thick metal or am in a place where I can't take my gas. I have an AWS certification with stick.

Why yes, I do have 4 welders in my dubiously locked shed at my house.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

I started the floor. It is 1/8" aluminum and 1/4" lexan underneath. It fits better than it looks in the picture because there are 1" machine screws instead of 5/8" and its sitting on the screws. I also need to cut out the floor on the right side.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I wondered if you were going to follow through on this! Awesome

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I want to drive this thing so loving bad! When can I come over and see it?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Anytime. We have that chair for you, too.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
I found this in the awesome photo thread and wanted to incorporate it into my bug.

Here is what I came up with:

Some Photoshop magic:

I'm going to make a dome eventually, but this will work in the meantime.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Awesome idea, but I'm getting a serious Escher vibe from the second one. :niggly:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Godholio posted:

Awesome idea, but I'm getting a serious Escher vibe from the second one. :niggly:

Yeah it freaked my eyes out for a second before I read the word Photoshop.

Lookin good Blood Magnet.

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006
I would ride in this death trap till the inevitable catastrophe. You should curve the shield on those guns, or round the corners. Its awfully flat and square and its really clashing with all the bends and curves going on.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I'd make it out another Beetle's hood. Or trunk lid.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

I rounded the corners and gave the whole thing a gentle radius. I gave it some bullet holes and dents and scrapes, too. It is hard to see in the photo, maybe tomorrow when I mount it.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Fantastic :golfclap:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Gilding the lily.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
In retrospect, I should have painted "Great Eve of Destruction" in reverse so people would see it in their rear-view mirrors.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Alright so when are you going to get around to fixing this paint?

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

ultimateforce posted:

Alright so when are you going to get around to fixing this paint?

Probably never.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

THAT WAS THE JOKE!

(slams door on thread)

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Whoosh! That was the sound of your joke going over my head. Let's get it straight:

It's not that I don't care about the car, but all progress has to be forward progress. There are a ton of mistakes I've made that get a "gently caress it, better luck next time." It is painful for me to rework stuff on a total vanity project. It will never be nice car, I will never get any money for it, but I want it to be a somewhat complete car.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Tow bar. Not bolted in yet.

Do I really have to take the belt, fan shroud, fan and all that poo poo off again?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Wrong shade of green, dummy!

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

ultimateforce posted:

Wrong shade of green, dummy!

It has the nicest paint of anything on the car.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

That don't make it right.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Look whats lurking...

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

LobsterboyX posted:

Look whats lurking...

They both look pretty great. But, I'd rather have the truck.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I want the truck, give it to me.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Im first in line on that truck...

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
There is a very similar truck like that near me but it is a total mess. It looks like someone shot the side of it with a shotgun. There is not a molecule of paint on it. I still want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Speed holes.

• Locked thread