Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Seems strange they didn't add an E button to this honestly.

I was wondering the same thing.

I am also wondering why the hell they made Throw C+D, and made Guard Cancels and Dust-like attacks A+B. That's so completely backwards, it just boggles my mind.

Trying to go from KOF to this game would be a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Yeah when I saw the system mechanics I was basically wondering why there wasn't an extra button, even if it was just Dust (sweep/overhead). Diagonal presses seem really annoying to me.

FWIW apparently the guy who designed this game was like the lead programmer of the GG series or something.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/26/persona-4-the-arena-has-a-neat-treat-for-blazblue-and-guilty-gear-fans/

Bear with it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
so wait, Yosuke has a Jin color? Yes! Now I have my training mode dummy set to the character I hate a lot from both Persona 4 and Blazblue.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh my god, Yu as Ky is perfect.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

so wait, Yosuke has a Jin color? Yes! Now I have my training mode dummy set to the character I hate a lot from both Persona 4 and Blazblue.

Honestly, he looks more like Noel to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hazama Naoto, now and forever.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Also note the cast gets a few of their moves from the GG side of things, such as Phenthesilea's whip stems from Axl Low, and how Izanagi borrows some of Ky's specials.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

:siren: HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER :siren:

Some new robot girl named "Labrys" to be included with the console version

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
That could potentially be the boss character in Arcade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why not Metis if they wanted another robot? Iunno.

Then again since we haven't even seen her design yet I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Endorph posted:

Why not Metis if they wanted another robot? Iunno.

Then again since we haven't even seen her design yet I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other.

Metis is a part of Aigis' psyche. :ssh:

But yeah, this is certainly a surprise to hear, Policenaut!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

Metis is a part of Aigis' psyche. :ssh:

But yeah, this is certainly a surprise to hear, Policenaut!
This is a crossover fighting game, it's not like they stick exclusively to canon.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So this is probably a character from some future Persona game, yeah?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Kelp Plankton posted:

So this is probably a character from some future Persona game, yeah?

The name's from Greek mythology. Unless they're going with Greek-named persona again, I doubt it.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Well, Aigis isn't the only Anti-Shadow robot created. Could be another one managed to escape the rubble.

Or maybe some crazy scientist on Persona Hill decided to get fancy and make another robot. I don't care what the backstory is, I'd just like to see a picture. Also still crossing fingers for Yukari.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That sure is a thing alright.

edit:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Policenaut posted:

That sure is a thing alright.

edit:

Gross. I'm going to pretend this thing is a cameo character from the next Arc System Works project and has nothing to do with future Persona games.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
Heeyyyyyy looks like the P4 school uniform. Only in white?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dontaht posted:

Heeyyyyyy looks like the P4 school uniform. Only in white?

If I recall correctly, it's the summer uniform from P4. So I'm guessing she's some sort of P4 version of Aigis. Whatever, I'll probably end up ignoring her anyways.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

When I saw this the first thing that came to mind was that godawful Valkyria character in Valkyria Chronicles 2

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

When I saw this the first thing that came to mind was that godawful Valkyria character in Valkyria Chronicles 2

Well at least the robot isn't 13.... I hope :shepface:

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Besides hair/eye color? I don't really see it. I think it would be hilarious if it turns out this is Teddie's answer to Aigis.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

dontaht posted:

Besides hair/eye color? I don't really see it. I think it would be hilarious if it turns out this is Teddie's answer to Aigis.

I was more thinking along the lines of something really visually frantic and over-designed, like it seemed pretty out of place. Then again Aigis is a gun toting robot already so I guess those two can hang out and talk about robot stuff.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

dontaht posted:

She's obviously a Midnight Channel projection based on all the nerds that really, really, really like robot girls, specifically the ones who played P4 expecting it to feature another HAWT FEMBOT like Aigis and were disappointed to find there wasn't one.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Welp another terrible robot character.

I hope she has a cool gameplay style.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Apparently she's the student council president at Yasogami High and is trying to get Teddie to stop the tournament. Also, in one of the Persona 3 dramas that was about Aigis, apparently Labrys/Labrith was mentioned as one of the other anti-shadow robots.

Or so I hear, at least

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Isn't Mitsuru's reason for being in Inaba is that she's looking for a certain "something"? Labrys is probably that something. But really, another robot girl? That's supposedly been the student council president at Yasogami High? I can take alot of bullshit and go with it but this is crossing the line.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Famitsu released some official screenshots of Labrys, click the picture to see them and some new screens of the color variations/Mitsuru's super?

Sure, another robot girl. Why not? It's not like Persona has 5 games worth of material to draw additional characters from. Maya who? Junpei what? Eikichi huh? Nope, robot girl.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Maya isn't "pure" enough, Junpei stole Chidori, and Eikichi looks too effeminate

Otaku would hate all three and that won't sell the cashmoney

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
On another note, anyone figure out if the rest of Yu's alternates are referencing anything?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Does Labrys have a persona? It's usually shown next to the character portraits.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
She probably will, she has that persona charges/life under her lifebar the rest of the characters do. Or she does something different (Boss character bullshit?), but it will function the same way as personas and can't be used if she's out of charges.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I kind of like the new character :goleft:

Looks like she will be a heavy hitter style character as well so double bonus for me I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

On another note, anyone figure out if the rest of Yu's alternates are referencing anything?
The middle-top one looks like a reference to Jin from BlazBlue.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I kind of like the new character :goleft:

Looks like she will be a heavy hitter style character as well so double bonus for me I guess.

:respek:

Hell yeah, giant fuckoff axe and what looks to be nice, big, meaty normals. I can be very happy with this. But I'd need some gameplay footage to be really sold on the character.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I...I wasn't expecting another robot honestly. I knew there would new character, but why couldn't be another robot? And I thought Aigis was the last robot.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Finally, a reason for me to be bad at fighting games again! I am really looking forward to this game and beating people with folding chairs.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Sure, another robot girl. Why not? It's not like Persona has 5 games worth of material to draw additional characters from. Maya who? Junpei what? Eikichi huh? Nope, robot girl.

Hey, they remembered Maya, Eikichi, Baofu and Yukino:

I mean, yeah, Naoto-as-Yukino and Yosuke-as-Eikichi are the only ones that are easily identifiable (Mitsuru-as-Maya is pretty much impossible to identify, while you can really only tell that Kanji-is-Baofu because his persona is dressed up as Odysseus)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Aigis as Metis is pretty obvious there.

• Locked thread