Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

This one?

Yes, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Vintersorg posted:

It immediately reminded me of Pink Floyds 'Meddle' album, which is a ear receiving sound waves underwater.

Yeah, and that is probably the worst, or at least the most boring PF album cover. Even the guy behind it wasn't terribly positive how it came out.

I haven't seen the Artist so that poster makes absolutely zero sense to me. I'm also really bothered by the "Font over front" posters trend the Social Network started. it worked for TSN, but now it just seems to get in the way. That Melancholia poster would have looked better if the image didn't have words all over it. I want to look at the image, the words feel like they are interrupting me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

It immediately reminded me of Pink Floyds 'Meddle' album, which is a ear receiving sound waves underwater.

You have no idea how many drunken/smoked out moments I had in college trying to figure out what the gently caress that was.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, and that is probably the worst, or at least the most boring PF album cover. Even the guy behind it wasn't terribly positive how it came out.

I haven't seen the Artist so that poster makes absolutely zero sense to me.

This is the only trailer I could find for L'artista,not to be confused with The Artist,I hope this helps so the poster makes more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQcjTHn9XVo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

By the way I just saw The Artist for the second time and if anybody hasn't seen it, you'll want to see it in the theater.

It is so fantastic and I'll be blown away if it doesn't get best picture. I love Peppy oh so much.

:heysexy:

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

Oh My God the piranhas can fly now?

beaver_cheese
Feb 13, 2001

Bad day for that beaver.
They did in Piranha 2: The Spawning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlFpZKMeyc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, and that is probably the worst, or at least the most boring PF album cover.
I have to disagree.

On topic, it's always nice when a poster for a bad movie lets you know in no uncertain terms that it is a movie you should not see.
For me, there's one poster which comes immediately to mind to fit that description.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Darthemed posted:

On topic, it's always nice when a poster for a bad movie lets you know in no uncertain terms that it is a movie you should not see.
For me, there's one poster which comes immediately to mind to fit that description.

Oh wow, for years now it seems I've been under the illusion that Twins and this Junior movie were the same film :psyduck:
I vaguely remembered Twins being about Arnie and DeVito as twins and Arnie's the surrogate for DeVito's kid for some reason.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
What the hell, Emma Thompson was in that?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Nutsngum posted:

What the hell, Emma Thompson was in that?

Yeah, but even on the poster she's being shoved aside by the Devito/Schwartzenegger dynamic.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Shanty posted:

Yeah, but even on the poster she's being shoved aside by the Devito/Schwartzenegger dynamic.

I honestly hope that one day Arnold does Danny a favor and guests on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No such thing as a bad Schwarzenegger movie.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

No such thing as a bad Schwarzenegger movie.

Someone hasn't seen End of Days.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Parachute posted:

End of Days is a great movie to watch if you want to see what happens if a movie star has zero interest in appearing in a movie.

It also makes you appreciate the sheer amount of charm Arnold can bring in his other movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Darthemed posted:

Clifford is another one

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

beaver_cheese posted:

They did in Piranha 2: The Spawning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlFpZKMeyc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AKA "we're not kidding, this was James Cameron's directorial debut."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Parachute posted:

I need to see that again -- it's the only one I don't really remember to well as I watched it once and that was so long ago.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Gabriel Byrne was Satan in End of Days, right?

Seriously, gently caress the haters for that alone.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Triumphant posted:

AKA "we're not kidding, this was James Cameron's directorial debut."

Didn't he get kicked off after a few days on set, though?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

Didn't he get kicked off after a few days on set, though?

That was the director before him, Cameron was the editor for the film they put in charge because no one gave a gently caress. :v:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I think this has been posted in here, but I'll do it again:

This was Mondo's poster for Hugo for the Oscars. I like some of their stuff, but a lot of it is really not that good.

This one, on the other hand, is the first one I felt like I needed to own. Partially because I love Hugo, and partially because I really think it's a beautiful, simple poster. My wallet is weeping a little, but all it means is that I need to not buy a video game for a while, oh no!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

To each their own but that poster is pretty boring -- not saying the official ones were anything special.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

GonSmithe posted:

I think this has been posted in here, but I'll do it again:

Something remarkably similar is on a Threadless t-shirt: http://www.threadless.com/product/373/Time_Fades

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Gabriel Byrne was Satan in End of Days, right?

Seriously, gently caress the haters for that alone.

Ok, I could have been completely drunk when I saw this in the theaters...but wasn't there a scene where Gabriel Byrne (Satan) had a threesome with a mother and daughter and during it they merged into one women or something? :stare:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok, I could have been completely drunk when I saw this in the theaters...but wasn't there a scene where Gabriel Byrne (Satan) had a threesome with a mother and daughter and during it they merged into one women or something? :stare:

So what you're really saying here is that Gabriel Byrne is Stardust The Super Wizard, right?

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

So what you're really saying here is that Gabriel Byrne is Stardust The Super Wizard, right?

HOLLYWOOD MAKE THIS MOVIE.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

The Triumphant posted:

HOLLYWOOD MAKE THIS MOVIE.

I read about Stardust in BSS a while back and he quickly became one of my favorite characters to appear in any media. His character and the off kilter artwork made me fall in love immediately.

For those who don't know, he's a Superman type who's even more of an rear end in a top hat than most evil versions of Superman. Once, he found a bunch of secret commies, turned them into rats with his powers, and then DROWNED THEM.

He can fire 'retarding rays' from his eyes (don't worry they just slow things down).

A Stardust movie would be so loving brutal.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Legion of One posted:

That poor mannequin is going to get eaten by all those piranhas :ohdear:

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

I read about Stardust in BSS a while back and he quickly became one of my favorite characters to appear in any media. His character and the off kilter artwork made me fall in love immediately.

For those who don't know, he's a Superman type who's even more of an rear end in a top hat than most evil versions of Superman. Once, he found a bunch of secret commies, turned them into rats with his powers, and then DROWNED THEM.

He can fire 'retarding rays' from his eyes (don't worry they just slow things down).

A Stardust movie would be so loving brutal.

You forgot the part where he turned a man into a giant head, flew him to the Dead Pocket of Space, and fed the head to a giant headless headhunter who ate it with his neck-stump.

I Shall Destroy All The Civilized Planets! is one of my absolute favorite comics collections.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Cartoon Man posted:

Wasn't there a scene like that in the Devil's Advocate too? Or I'm getting confused?

Speaking of the devil, I kinda like this one. The way the characters are standing is, in my opinion, an eerie "I'm behind you,always":

Then we have the regular floating heads,flames and bored looking Keanu:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Desperado Bones posted:

Wasn't there a scene like that in the Devil's Advocate too? Or I'm getting confused?

Speaking of the devil, I kinda like this one. The way the characters are standing is, in my opinion, an eerie "I'm behind you,always":

Then we have the regular floating heads,flames and bored looking Keanu:

Man, that doesn't even remotely look like Keanu Reeves in the bottom poster. At least the DVD has the top one as it's art, despite being a loving god awful snap case.

And no, there was no scene like that in that movie, but the devil's entire plan was to get Keanu Reeves, who was secretly his son or something, to gently caress this other chick, who was his daughter, and also Keanu's sister, so that she could give birth to the antichrist.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Say this for the Junior poster, that is one hell of a tagline.

Silver Newt
Jun 8, 2007

Happiness is being famous for your financial ability to indulge in every kind of excess.

Darthemed posted:

I have to disagree.

Bad example - Junior is amazing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Due to my headache, I have confused the plot to Junior and The Devil's Advocate. I now want to see a movie where a politician played by Arnold is about to give birth to the antichrist because he hosed his sister, after being tempted by the Devil (plaved by DeVito).

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Arnold gives birth to Danny DeVito.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Aatrek posted:

Arnold gives birth to Danny DeVito.

I'm just imagining that scene from the Always Sunny christmas special where a naked, sweating DeVito is crawling out of a leather couch.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Legion of One posted:

For the quality of movie I'm expecting, this is a surprisingly nice poster.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The new Avengers one-sheet. Is the Hulk really supposed to be three stories tall?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Aatrek posted:

The new Avengers one-sheet. Is the Hulk really supposed to be three stories tall?

Tony Stark is doing the 'show my butt and chest/boobs' pose now, and Back Widow is carrying Thor's hammer. Okay then. Maybe it's because I can't see their feet, but their respective heights is weird. Stark, Thor and Captain America look like giants.