Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is that airing this spring season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah, it is.

And someone on /m/ posted a translation of the text that Yaraon put up with those pictures.

quote:

The new character designer for Eureka Seven AO is the Ore no Imouto guy and the show will have a primarily female cast. Story summary:

The setting is "Earth" in the year 2025 A.D. The story is about Ao and his friends fighting against monsters known as Secret. "Generacion Bull" is a private military company in the business of defeating Secrets, and they have assembled IFO (Intelligence Flying Object) pilots with great skills - all of which are girls since only females can pilot IFOs. Ao is the only male with capable of piloting IFOs and he is the only guy in Generation Bull.

The first new character shown is a 16 year old girl from France called Flair. She's the leader of Team Piped Piper, and sees Ao as a rival. The second new character is a 15 year old girl from America called Elena. She's a geek girl and little bit of a klutz, also a member of Team Piped Piper.

Edit: It's Infinite Seven... Eureka Stratos?

Guyver fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 8, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They still haven't revealed the writer, right? None of this sounds very promising at all...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guyver posted:

Wow. If you asked me what I want from a Eureka 7 sequel, every single thing you mentioned would be the exact opposite

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
That sounds like they've managed to get rid of basically every single aspect of Eureka 7 that was interesting or unique.

That's quite an impressive feat. Not in a good way, but still.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Well, at least it being apparently set in a different time-line / universe means that it won't ruin E7 proper retroactively.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ah yes, in reality all the E7 fans just wanted a harem show, thanks japan.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
The really stupid thing is the premise for Eureka 7 would make an excellent relationship comedy/character drama setting - futuristic extreme sports and counterculture youth movement? Filled with references to surfing culture and music?

If they'd had a 26 episode series of just sky-surfboarding and sci-fi DJ'ing with a cool soundtrack, it would have been excellent.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm hoping that this takes all the expectations coming from that synopsis and pulls a Madoka on them, specially since the director has worked on things that aren't outright terrible.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Zorak posted:

Well, at least it being apparently set in a different time-line / universe means that it won't ruin E7 proper retroactively.
Nope, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a sequel of the TV series. Personally though, I wouldn't give up on it just yet it's still early and it sounds like a description of a small part of the show.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Guyver posted:

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a sequel of the TV series. Personally though, I wouldn't give up on it just yet it's still early and it sounds like a description of a small part of the show.

It was originally said to be that, but these now plot summaries sound like anything but a sequel to the TV series.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Guyver posted:

Yeah, it is.

And someone on /m/ posted a translation of the text that Yaraon put up with those pictures.

That sounds like a horrible troll to me. Besides, they've already called the Nirvash (in the manga) an "FP". They'll be announcing the rest of the information on some sort of press conference next week at 2/16.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Crunchyroll posted basically the same translation on their news section.

Zorak posted:

It was originally said to be that, but these now plot summaries sound like anything but a sequel to the TV series.
The dates about right because we've seen dates close to it in the original series. We know that Ao is from Okinawa so it's not a stretch to have characters from France and the Americas. Then again the manga mentions the Japanese military, which while it could be a mistranslation, could mean the that manga is separate and different from the anime with it having different terms for Ao's mech.

We're just going to have to wait for clarification from the 16th announcement that Triggerhappypilot posted about.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Chapter 2 of the E7 AO manga is out.

Gazelle can't stop crashing cars into things.

NICE JOB COMPLETELY IGNORING THE WHOLE "MAKE PEACE WITH THE SCUB CORAL" THING, HUMANITY.

And nice job to you, Renton, for not catching Eureka this time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/getter_robo_arc/c001/1.html

Someone took the concept of 'gently caress dinosaurs!' too literally, it seems.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

:aaaaa: Been waiting so loving long for this.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Is this a sequel to something?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Yesss more Getter is never a bad thing! What the hell? It looks like Shin Getter and Mazinkaiser combined!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

dbzfandiego posted:

Is this a sequel to something?

Clearly? It's the last section of the Getter Robo Saga written by Ken Ishikawa.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Clearly? It's the last section of the Getter Robo Saga written by Ken Ishikawa.

Sorry I'm not caught up in my getter robo yet.

Edit: What I mean is will I have to read anything prior to enjoy this one?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dbzfandiego posted:

No idea where this new thing takes place in continuity but IIRC the order for the previous stuff is Getter Robo -> Getter Robo G -> Getter Robo Go -> Shin Getter Robo (Takes place before Go but was made after it).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

dbzfandiego posted:

Srice posted:

No idea where this new thing takes place in continuity but IIRC the order for the previous stuff is Getter Robo -> Getter Robo G -> Getter Robo Go -> Shin Getter Robo (Takes place before Go but was made after it).

What part of "the last" seems to have gone by you two? DynaPro has translated the whole drat thing so far, just read it in the Getter Robo Saga order.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

What part of "the last" seems to have gone by you two? DynaPro has translated the whole drat thing so far, just read it in the Getter Robo Saga order.

Oh thank you I didn't catch that post. Now time to get started.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Speaking of Getter, I finally sat dawn and watched Getter Robo Armageddon, and although I thought the middle act was pretty weak (I imagine in part due to director-switching shenanigans), I kind of regret not having seen it earlier now. The plot isn't award-winning material, but from the second Ryouma steps into Shin Getter's cockpit, the action barely ever stops ramping up to an amazing climax.

I'm glad it's finally getting a chance to shine in Super Robot Wars (the GBA games don't count), and alongside TTGL to boot. For best effect I'd like to see it in the same game as G Gundam (Devil Gundam versus Shin Dragon?) or GaoGaiGar (for a completely ridiculous paired finale mission), but I think I'll be happy with what we're getting for now.

I think I'll continue to ride that wave and check out New Getter while I'm at it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hakai-hen really went all out in terms of doing Armageddon justice. Awesome remixes of Heats and Now Is The Time, the pilots get the best murderfaces, their RAGE and banter with each other is great, and Getter and Shin Getter are completely overpowered rapetrains.

Can't wait to see how they're handled in Saisei-hen.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Pureauthor posted:

Awesome remixes of . . . Now Is The Time

One of our hearparts must be broken. That trumpet they used to replace the lyrics made it completely unlistenable to me. HEATS was great though.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Pureauthor posted:

Hakai-hen really went all out in terms of doing Armageddon justice. Awesome remixes of Heats and Now Is The Time, the pilots get the best murderfaces, their RAGE and banter with each other is great, and Getter and Shin Getter are completely overpowered rapetrains.

Can't wait to see how they're handled in Saisei-hen.

The best part is they've barely even gotten started for that one, since Hakai-hen only covered the first three episodes. :allears: And since it's Banpresto, they'll likely iron out the show's few weaknesses (kind of dull new characters, weird pacing), too.

SRWD still has my favorite rendition of Heats, funnily. Then again, that game had some alarmingly great music, especially for the GBA.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Shaezerus posted:

One of our hearparts must be broken. That trumpet they used to replace the lyrics made it completely unlistenable to me. HEATS was great though.

Yeah, your hearparts. :colbert: It was a great remix. It's the music I use when I get Shin Getter, because that's the song where you know poo poo just got real. I ended up keeping HEATS for classic Getter the rest of the way, though.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Da-Garn episode 22 out.

Sorry for that massive delay.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Non-HK/Hacked up subs for all of UFO Robo Grendizer are now available. If you don't have an account on bakabt with good ratio you can't get it just yet (of course neither can anybody else since the poster isn't seeding the loving thing) but it's finally been approved at least.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I know that Kouji has a pretty big role in the show... does anyone know how dependent it is on you having watched Mazinger/Great Mazinger?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Son Ryo posted:

I know that Kouji has a pretty big role in the show... does anyone know how dependent it is on you having watched Mazinger/Great Mazinger?

There is absolutely no dependence.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Da-Garn episode 23 out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Non-HK/Hacked up subs for all of UFO Robo Grendizer are now available. If you don't have an account on bakabt with good ratio you can't get it just yet (of course neither can anybody else since the poster isn't seeding the loving thing) but it's finally been approved at least.

Wait, who did these subs? Did somebody work on this till completion and then released the whole thing at once?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mercury Crusader posted:

Wait, who did these subs? Did somebody work on this till completion and then released the whole thing at once?

Some rear end in a top hat did it and started selling DVD-Rs. This release is somebody stealing these illegal (and far from perfect, but better than HK) subs and slapping them onto video. It's probably not the world's best release, but it's much more watchable than anything that's come before (if you only speak English).

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Or so you'd think if you only speak English. The reality is that most of the time they're basically overwriting the dialogue with whatever they want to and making it up as they go. It's no better than crap like Robotech or Voltron.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So I just started watching Gravion and I think I've been spoiled on shows with decent drawing and animations because... man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

So I just started watching Gravion and I think I've been spoiled on shows with decent drawing and animations because... man.

Gravion has a budget of like a buck fifty and nothing redeeming about it enough to justify that buck fifty.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well I wouldn't say nothing. Sandman is a fun character, and the show as a whole is fun. Silly, dumb fun, but fun none the less. Also, there's some really nice mech designs and decent fights if you're in to that, which if you're in this thread there's a decent chance you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

tsob posted:

Also, there's some really nice mech designs and decent fights if you're in to that, which if you're in this thread there's a decent chance you are.

Where? Are you sure you didn't watch some other show that had an animation budget?

• Locked thread