Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Lemmi Caution posted:

It's by sound, not spelling. It has to make sense when you say it aloud.

True, but I think it's way funnier when it doesn't quite make sense and Doug inevitably trips over it when repeating it :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm sad this wasn't a video podcast, because between Kulap and Riki (sorry Kate), there's a lot of sexy up on that stage.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Riki Lindhome is in a bad movie called last house on the left. They even give her black hair, which is a crime.

But I suggest you watch it. Or maybe not the whole thing

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Wrath of Zidane posted:

Sitting Bull is also an actual movie! Howie got robbed too!

He even called the year and was only off by two years, for a film made in 1954.

It's kind of funny that the reference they use for this game is Benson's weed soaked brain. Don't they have the Leonard Maltin book just sitting there? Maybe someone with an IMDB app on their phone?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's actually a combination of the latter two: the Leonard Maltin app.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

It's actually a combination of the latter two: the Leonard Maltin app.

For build a title they typically use no references. If you did use something it would just be to check that someone isn't bluffing, and you would use IMDB since LM App isn't comprehensive.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I know I'm super-late to the party but I just listened to the 12 guests of Christmas episode and, holy gently caress, it was so annoying. It was like the perfect storm of ego clashes and people who hate each other but have to be polite so they just keep sniping back and forth.

Also, Sarah Silverman can :frogout:. Every time I hear her on anything she manages to make the entire conversation about her vagina within minutes of opening her mouth. Even watching her on the old Comedians of Comedy DVD where she sings a duet with Steve Agee she takes a bit that could've been funny and runs it into the ground with her total lack of subtlety or timing.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
It's not always her vagina, one time it was her rear end in a top hat.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I wonder how much of her behaviour is a bit. She's like an idiot savant without the savant part.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Sa9hXA4mo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
That's genius. And only half as painful as listening to the real Sarah Silverman.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Eh, she only irritates me when she plays the Len Maltin game and draaaaws out her answering. I suspect she's attempting to sap as much extra info from Doug/the audience as possible, but it's probably just as much her being high. Probably both.

anyway, suprise! another free DLM episode from Vancouver, with another great guest list - Sean Cullen, Brody Stevens, Brad Williams and Brett Gelman.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 23, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

plastered quack posted:

anyway, suprise! another free DLM episode from Vancouver, with another great guest list - Sean Cullen, Brody Stevens, Brad Williams and Brett Gelman.

Positive energy!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo that's accurate. Then again, Aubrey Plaza is only like, three steps removed from Sarah anyways.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Holy poo poo that was amazing.

I really liked Sarah Silverman on the first 50-ish minutes of the Todd Glass Show episode with Jonah Ray/Anthony Jeselnik.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why wouldn't Jumping Jack Flashawshank Redemption count?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think it probably should have counted. He said it like "Jumping Jack Flash Shawshank Redemption" and Doug probably thought it was a joke random movie and didn't realize you can join those two words. Let's face it, Doug is a weed addict and probably quite low on his spinal fluid and probably thinks he is a glass of orange juice(don't knock him over).

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

When you play the game in person you do it phonetically. When you play it on the internet or on paper or whatever you can do it by spelling. Ash and Shaw are different syllables and they do not flow together.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

You can't get addicted to weed

But if you could, Doug would be

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I've always wondered, is he actually high at each show or is it just a gimmick? Also how high? Also does he ever leave the USA?

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Davincie posted:

Also does he ever leave the USA?

This whole week has been episodes from Vancouver.

So no, not really.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Well that's still America, I was talking more about Europe.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If you literally mean leave, I think Doug mentioned flying out to London recently to be on Morgan Spurlock's new show.

If you mean leave to go perform somewhere, I'd suspect not. He's, uh, not well known for handling distractions or outbursts during his show, and my understanding is at least UK stand-up has a more vocal audience than in the US.

Obviously there are more options when talking about leaving the US than the UK, but I'm not sure he's really that popular internationally.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

I've always wondered, is he actually high at each show or is it just a gimmick?

Wait, really?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

When you play the game in person you do it phonetically. When you play it on the internet or on paper or whatever you can do it by spelling. Ash and Shaw are different syllables and they do not flow together.

The sub-syllable of 'sh' has exactly the same accent in both words. You could record yourself saying 'flashawshank', chop out the 'fla', or the 'awshank' and either word would sound correct.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 26, 2012

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!

Davincie posted:

I've always wondered, is he actually high at each show or is it just a gimmick? Also how high? Also does he ever leave the USA?
You should listen to the "how high is too high" episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

Wait, really?

I was really tired and totally asked the wrong question, not sure what was going on there.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
The newest Benson Interruption episode is on itunes now, and it is one of the best so far! Anthony Jeselnick, TJ Miller, Nikki Glaser, Nick Kroll, Moshe Kasher, Chelsea Peretti, and Pete Holmes, with each guest staying after their set and interrupting the next person. Definitely worth the two bucks.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should post here about the new Benson Interruption or not, but since you did I might as well say I agree. It's much better than the previous couple of TBI have been, and might be a good entry point if you haven't heard it before. Edit: eeeh on second though, the second half dragged for a bit there. Still great TBI, maybe not a great first purchase though.

It can be found on iTunes here.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 29, 2012

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

plastered quack posted:

the second half dragged for a bit there.

Disagree, I thought the second half was better than the first. That might just be because I love Pete Holmes and Chelsea Peretti, and they both kiiiiiilled it.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Forget About It gets my vote for best category ever on the podcast.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9fMvg__eM

This looks pretty fun!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
When we saw Doug in Des Moines last year, we had to sign a release, they had a camera crew there. Hoping we ended up in the movie!

Going to see him in Madison at 4:20 on April Fool's Day. Anyone else in the region heading there?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
That trailer looks good, can't wait to see it :)

A new DLM plopped today, with James Adomian Greg Proops Ti West and Joe Lynch.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 16, 2012

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
The storm at the beginning of the trailer was from Des Moines. That was a scary as hell storm.

Also, his joke about "I'm a known pot smoker... NPS. .. I mean KPS." was from Des Moines. Unless that's part of his act but it seemed like a genuine stoner flub. I think you might be able to see my hair in one shot. :woop:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

plastered quack posted:

That trailer looks good, can't wait to see it :)

A new DLM plopped today, with James Adomian Greg Proops Ti West and Joe Lynch.

Listening to it right now, only about 20 min. in and I'm really not digging the audience. The guys are good but they're getting nothing back from the audience.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

LesterGroans posted:

Listening to it right now, only about 20 min. in and I'm really not digging the audience. The guys are good but they're getting nothing back from the audience.

Doug just Tweeted:

Great audience, poorly miked. #DumbSoundGuy #BeenSacked #sxsw RT @khaostello @DougBenson worst audience in a long while on today's ep. #DLM

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
Just postin this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8AYt6DdYUU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Sneeing Emu posted:

Doug just Tweeted:

Great audience, poorly miked. #DumbSoundGuy #BeenSacked #sxsw RT @khaostello @DougBenson worst audience in a long while on today's ep. #DLM

Okay, cool, thanks. Getting further into it I figured that may have been what was going on.

Also, some impressive Build-a-Title rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Sneeing Emu posted:

Doug just Tweeted:

But wasn't Proops complaining the whole time that the audience sucked? The people on stage don't need mics to hear the crowd...

• Locked thread