Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I want to add a couple rituals for my home game; what part file are rituals contained in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Balesir posted:

OK - updated file sent to dudes@cbloader.com.

Can you separate out the things u updated to a single file and resend or post as a download here.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 28, 2012

Balesir
Apr 7, 2011

Tivaan posted:

Can you separate out the things u updated to a single file and resend or post as a download here.
OK - sent.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Having an issue with a feat prereq

<Prereqs> Born of the Elements feat, must not have the Arcane Familiar feat </Prereqs>

must not have the Arcane Familiar feat

is causing the issue
can anyone come with code for this - Ive tried everything I can think of

No Arcane Familiar
!No Arcane Familiar
No ID_FMP_FEAT_738
!No ID_FMP_FEAT_738

Any suggestions? I can take it out and then DM's have to be the judge for it.

Working magic items
scpredmage I'm assuming u are working another class?

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 28, 2012

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tivaan posted:

Having an issue with a feat prereq

<Prereqs> Born of the Elements feat, must not have the Arcane Familiar feat </Prereqs>

must not have the Arcane Familiar feat

is causing the issue
can anyone come with code for this - Ive tried everything I can think of

No Arcane Familiar
!No Arcane Familiar
No ID_FMP_FEAT_738
!No ID_FMP_FEAT_738
!ID_FMP_FEAT_738 doesn't work either?

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
There are a number of powers in the new themes whose attack bonus is based on the character's highest ability score. Unfortunately, attack lines like this one appear to add no ability score bonus at all:
code:
<specific name="Attack"> Highest ability modifier + 2 vs. Reflex</specific>
Whereas this code seems to work correctly:
code:
<specific name="Attack"> Primary ability vs. AC </specific>
Comments?

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

There are a number of powers in the new themes whose attack bonus is based on the character's highest ability score. Unfortunately, attack lines like this one appear to add no ability score bonus at all:
code:
<specific name="Attack"> Highest ability modifier + 2 vs. Reflex</specific>
Whereas this code seems to work correctly:
code:
<specific name="Attack"> Primary ability vs. AC </specific>
Comments?

Threw that in the last update I just uploaded thanks

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

!ID_FMP_FEAT_738 doesn't work either?

Awwww
Thanks for the fix

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Threw that in the last update I just uploaded thanks
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, there still seems to be a problem that you may not be able to address so readily.

The Blazing Corona Secondary Power has an attack of "<specific name="Attack"> Primary ability + 2 vs. Reflex </specific>", but the +2 isn't being reflected in the attack statistic at the bottom of the card.

A similar type of "stat plus" attack is the Warlock power, Fury of Gibbeth. Its attack is "<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence +2 vs. Reflex </specific>".

I tried changing the "+ 2" to "+2" in BCSP but that didn't help. I'm afraid there's some specific code in the LCB for "Primary ability" that causes it to ignore the "+2" which follows.

Any thoughts? Thank you once again.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kitsap Charles posted:

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, there still seems to be a problem that you may not be able to address so readily.

The Blazing Corona Secondary Power has an attack of "<specific name="Attack"> Primary ability + 2 vs. Reflex </specific>", but the +2 isn't being reflected in the attack statistic at the bottom of the card.

A similar type of "stat plus" attack is the Warlock power, Fury of Gibbeth. Its attack is "<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence +2 vs. Reflex </specific>".

I tried changing the "+ 2" to "+2" in BCSP but that didn't help. I'm afraid there's some specific code in the LCB for "Primary ability" that causes it to ignore the "+2" which follows.

"Your highest ability modifier + X vs. [Defence]" should work, I think.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

I have seen this work properly for this:
"<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence +2 vs. Reflex </specific>"

But I believe its a limitation in the CB for this:
"<specific name="Attack"> Primary ability + 2 vs. Reflex </specific>"

Unless maybe we throw a Rules line on the power, something like this (don't know if this would work at all):

<statadd name="blazing corona secondary power:attack" value="+2" type="power" requires="Blazing Corona Secondary Power"/>

FYI working Sha'ir class

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 29, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Elemental Initiate theme is not giving Ki Focus proficiency.

Thanks for getting the feats done so quickly! Looking forward to the Sha'ir.

EDIT: On further testing, it seems that if you have a class who has Ki Focus prof. from a MC feat and you take the MC feat away before giving Elemental Initiate, the Ki Focus prof. doesn't show up correctly. But it appears to actually be there. Just Ki Foci show up as house ruled in your inventory. Kind of weird.

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 1, 2012

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wizards has released some errata if anyone cares to update some rarity on some items.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateJanFeb2012.pdf

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Did the Uncommon items, currently done A-B on the commons.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Started going through the rares, discovered the Anarch Stone doesn't exist. Here's the code:
EDIT 2: Searched base-items like three times, didn't get any hits... Then I stumble upon the drat thing next to the Horreb Ritual Cube. Bleh.

EDIT 1: The Fortune Stones also don't come up in my search. They may or may not exist, but if they don't I don't feel like coding them in right now.

EDIT 3: Rare items are done. I'm going to bed; someone else feel free to pick up where I left off on the commons.

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 1, 2012

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Undrhil posted:

Elemental Initiate theme is not giving Ki Focus proficiency.

Thanks for getting the feats done so quickly! Looking forward to the Sha'ir.

EDIT: On further testing, it seems that if you have a class who has Ki Focus prof. from a MC feat and you take the MC feat away before giving Elemental Initiate, the Ki Focus prof. doesn't show up correctly. But it appears to actually be there. Just Ki Foci show up as house ruled in your inventory. Kind of weird.

Any suggestions because the Ki Focus prof. is there?

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Any suggestions because the Ki Focus prof. is there?

I think it's just a niche case, right now. I'll do some further testing and see if I can isolate the problem to only one or two circumstances.

In the meantime, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone working on getting HotEC coded! :)

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Updated
Druid
Monk completed
working the last part Warlock

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 2, 2012

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011
Minor Bug: The feat Icy Heart from Heroes of the Elemental Chaos doesn't scale its damage at epic (it's possible this is an issue with the other elemental feats; haven't checked those). I think it has to do with the following lines:

code:
<statadd name="cold:damage" value="+3" type="feat" />
<statadd name="cold:damage" value="+1" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
Maybe removing the 'type="feat"' or changing the 'value="+1"' to 'value="+4"' will make it work?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Entilzha4 posted:

Minor Bug
code:
<statadd name="cold:damage" value="+1" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
Maybe removing the 'type="feat"' or changing the 'value="+1"' to 'value="+4"' will make it work?

because you aren't setting a +variable, you have to put in the new total. Either you do it this way:

code:
<statadd name="cold:damage" value="+4" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
OR

code:
      <rules>  
         <statadd name="Foo" value="+3" />  
         <statadd name="cold:damage" value="+Foo" type="Feat" />
         <statadd name="Foo" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />  
      </rules>  
and as always, the style guide sez that you should use "X Tier" for abilities that go up per tier, and "requires="x level" for the other abilities that don't (like class features/pp features, etc.)

:siren: Always check to see if existing code duplicates what you're attempting to do, and then use that as your template for your new powers. This is the easiest way to create things that will work right off the bat. :siren:

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

because you aren't setting a +variable, you have to put in the new total. Either you do it this way:

code:
<statadd name="cold:damage" value="+4" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
OR

code:
      <rules>  
         <statadd name="Foo" value="+3" />  
         <statadd name="cold:damage" value="+Foo" type="Feat" />
         <statadd name="Foo" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />  
      </rules>  
and as always, the style guide sez that you should use "X Tier" for abilities that go up per tier, and "requires="x level" for the other abilities that don't (like class features/pp features, etc.)

:siren: Always check to see if existing code duplicates what you're attempting to do, and then use that as your template for your new powers. This is the easiest way to create things that will work right off the bat. :siren:

Yea i fixed it already and added the rest of the book. Warlock and Sentinel -- please review and if things are wrong sorry (Reviewed the warlock and sentinel code closely and tried to follow it exactly--- so hopefully it is all correct, keep in mind I don't use essentials and I have never built a warlock)

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
The Primordial Adept theme still does not allow me to choose either of the starting feature powers.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
The DM for the next game I'll be in is granting us a free Expertise feat. I know we can just houserule an extra feat onto characters, but does anyone have code handy for, say, a feat that grants two feat slots?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
That sounds a lot more complicated than just house-ruling in an extra feat slot. Why not just do that?

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

So I tried checking around for a known issue for this problem to no avail:

When I try to use CBloader with the current everything-everything patch, after it finishes applying new elements and actually launches the character builder I get an installation error advising me to contact wizards support. I tried troubleshooting to see if it was a specific file, and it seems that both the 3rd party and homebrew folders cause this error (along with the gamma world file having an unexpected token but I can live without that so I just deleted it).

Any ideas how to fix this aside from testing each .part file individually?

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Undrhil posted:

The Primordial Adept theme still does not allow me to choose either of the starting feature powers.

Fixed will unload that and other dragon and dungeon parts sometime today

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

TehKeen posted:

So I tried checking around for a known issue for this problem to no avail:

When I try to use CBloader with the current everything-everything patch, after it finishes applying new elements and actually launches the character builder I get an installation error advising me to contact wizards support. I tried troubleshooting to see if it was a specific file, and it seems that both the 3rd party and homebrew folders cause this error (along with the gamma world file having an unexpected token but I can live without that so I just deleted it).

Any ideas how to fix this aside from testing each .part file individually?

Need to pull out the homebrew and 3rd party then run wizard if that is good then add 3rdparty and see if that is the issue then add homebrew try to add a few files at a time to localize the file causing the issue

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The Stormraider theme level 2 utility power Storm Legs could use a small fix. To be specific, its Attack Type and Trigger lines should be replaced with the following.

quote:

<specific name="Attack Type"> Personal </specific>
<specific name="Trigger"> You are subjected to a push, a pull, or a slide from an attack. </specific>
Note: I'm not sure that's the proper attack type – double-check the Dragon article in question to be sure.

Edit: I also just noticed that the Moteborn theme L6 power Elemental Drudge states the drudge has a "+0 bonus to ability checks to perform its errand", which...doesn't seem quite right either. :shobon:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 7, 2012

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Tivaan posted:

Need to pull out the homebrew and 3rd party then run wizard if that is good then add 3rdparty and see if that is the issue then add homebrew try to add a few files at a time to localize the file causing the issue

That's exactly what I did, the problem has something to do with the 3rd party and homebrew folders. Guess I'll have to check this the hard way :smith:

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!
The Elemental Pact Boon, Accursed Affinity, seems to be erroneously listed as an Immediate Reaction power. This is 'correct' according to the compendium, but it's not accurate to the book itself, where it's listed the same as any other pact boon(i.e. not requiring an action).

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

The Stormraider theme level 2 utility power Storm Legs could use a small fix. To be specific, its Attack Type and Trigger lines should be replaced with the following.
Note: I'm not sure that's the proper attack type – double-check the Dragon article in question to be sure.

Edit: I also just noticed that the Moteborn theme L6 power Elemental Drudge states the drudge has a "+0 bonus to ability checks to perform its errand", which...doesn't seem quite right either. :shobon:

Fixed Stormraider
Moteborn is listed this in the book (incorrect Im sure)

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Aladar posted:

The Elemental Pact Boon, Accursed Affinity, seems to be erroneously listed as an Immediate Reaction power. This is 'correct' according to the compendium, but it's not accurate to the book itself, where it's listed the same as any other pact boon(i.e. not requiring an action).

Updated

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tivaan posted:

Moteborn is listed this in the book (incorrect Im sure)
Oh, my bad then. I checked their forums and there was no errata thread for that particular power, so I assumed it was a typo on the LCB end of things.

Wizards. :allears:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

For some reason, Battle Song Expertise is not working with a Songblade for Implement powers.

Moon_lit_tears
Jul 6, 2010
Not sure which update broke it, but when I was updating my Monk to level 16 today the CB was telling me that Steel Wind (Lv 1 at will), Mithral Tornado (15 daily) and the Water Splitting Stone feat (heroic tier, taken at Lv 8 ) are showing up as "houseruled." Did Wizards eliminate those powers at some point?

EDIT: I am using only the Wizards content, and the builder updated files this morning.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is the LCB version of Isolating Aegis (swordmage power, Dragon 405) the only one missing its Attack line, or is this another WotC screw-up? Edit: it looks like the same goes for Fettering Aegis, Master Dimensional Cleave, and Grandmaster Dimensional Cleave. It'd be rather unorthodox to have powers that hit (or miss :psyduck:) without attacking, but who knows.

Also, Tome Expertise currently applies its bonus to damage rolls, rather than attack rolls as it should. :)

Moon_lit_tears posted:

Not sure which update broke it, but when I was updating my Monk to level 16 today the CB was telling me that Steel Wind (Lv 1 at will), Mithral Tornado (15 daily) and the Water Splitting Stone feat (heroic tier, taken at Lv 8 ) are showing up as "houseruled." Did Wizards eliminate those powers at some point?
Those game elements still exist. What happens if you unchoose them and pick them again?

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 10, 2012

Moon_lit_tears
Jul 6, 2010
That's the thing. Those items aren't even showing up as being able to be selected, even with a new monk character at 16th level. I had another goon try the same thing on his copy (also updated today), and aside from his saying that Elven Precision was houseruled (his elven race choice had him pick a subtype which fixed that problem, whereas mine didn't), those powers showed up fine on his copy. Then again, his seems to keep giving him a bunch of errors on the command screen when updating, so that may not be the best thing to use as a control point.

I deleted and reapplied the .part files, and the same problem arises.

Note that before updating it today (this was about a month ago) everything worked correctly for that character.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fixed the version of gear to prevent the redownloading of the same file over and over again.

I am unable to replicate the errors listed above on the Monk.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Something is broken on the Vampire. When I make a new one, there are no class feats showing up. And it stops giving power options past level 2 (meaning, I get no options for a Utility power at 6 or 10, etc.)

EDIT: OK, I fail at reading comprehension. LoL! :)

The Vampire *gives* you powers at those levels. So, that part is working. But I still have no Class feats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Last I checked there were no class feats for the vampire, other than the handful from the hybrid/MC article that require another class/power source in addition to being a vampire.

• Locked thread