Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
So I was making this av for a different forum and I figured I'd put it here in case anyone wants it

Here's two of my previous avs as well while I'm at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
edit: Whoops nevermind.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay now that's just being silly Tea-San :rolleyes:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, what is Donald doing that with Jones' phone that would require a Fzzak and cause it to produce a light source?

Also, Annie's self-control ritual is amusing but she's looking a little worse for wear.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

karmicknight posted:

So, what is Donald doing that with Jones' phone that would require a Fzzak and cause it to produce a light source?

Also, Annie's self-control ritual is amusing but she's looking a little worse for wear.

He could be using Annie's recollection of the exchange to recreate the exchange itself in some way via ~ powas ~, which may in some way help with tracing it. I guess?

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
Is Donald having her write it down instead of saying it out loud just to gently caress with the audience? I love it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Given what he says about 'may as well be using a calculator' and the fact that he closes the laptop at the end, he may be using his Etheric Computer to run the trace instead of the laptop.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Clearly, the message is a curse that effects the people who hear it.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Nondevor posted:

Clearly, the message is a curse that effects the people who hear it.
"All right Annie, could you read it out loud for me?"
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash na--"
*giant crow crashes through wall*
"STOP IT. STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Ah, the return of FZZAK.

Although it would've been cool if it had something to do with ZAM.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Ah, the return of FZZAK.

Huh, it looks like FZZAK is Donald's Noise.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

1stGear posted:

The worst part is that we don't have a ChibiSoma equivalent for this latest episode of the Internet leaking on GC.

Wait, no, the worst part is when somebody photoshopped a dick in the mouth of a 14-year old girl.

There I fixed it! :3:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I love you, let's be friends.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No, Annie! Think of the calories!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Oh man, ice creams makes everything better.

Also, I'm guessing Donald is a TECHNO-WIZARD

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

1stGear posted:

Also, I'm guessing Donald is a TECHNO-WIZARD

Guessing?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if the reason Annie is acting so odd is due to some kind of spell that her dad said over the phone. Probably some sort of 'You now think it is fine that I didn't contact you for so long.'

Or it might not even be Annie's Dad. :tinfoil:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kgummy posted:

I wonder if the reason Annie is acting so odd is due to some kind of spell that her dad said over the phone. Probably some sort of 'You now think it is fine that I didn't contact you for so long.'

Or it might not even be Annie's Dad. :tinfoil:

Given what we've seen of Annie's emotional makeup, none of this is out of the norm, though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SynthOrange posted:

poor annie can't enjoy her ice cream :smith:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I think the reason he doesn't want her to say the message might be a sort of "we don't know who could be listening" sort of deal.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Look at you with your serious face, Carver.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I don't think Annie's emotional state has anything to do with the message itself. I think that Anthony called to ask about something he needed to know for whatever he is doing, and didn't even think to ask her daughter about how things are going at school or if she's made any friends or any of those things parents are supposed to be interested into.

Annie has always been her father number one defender, and a big part of that defense is the fact that Anthony's behaviour "doesn't bother her". But it does bother her, and the call has brought it up, and she can't comprehend why she is feeling like that. Inside she is as angry as Eglamore, but she is not supposed to be. Eglamore hates her dad because he took his girl, but Annie loves him! Right?

Donnie needs to make her realize that being angry at Anthony is the normal reaction and doesn't mean that she has stopped loving him.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Cowcaster posted:

I think the reason he doesn't want her to say the message might be a sort of "we don't know who could be listening" sort of deal.

Particular since Jones, technically, doesn't side with the Court. Maybe he was worried her phone has listening devices. So it had to be FZZAKed.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Particular since Jones, technically, doesn't side with the Court. Maybe he was worried her phone has listening devices. So it had to be FZZAKed.

It was Jones' phone that she received the call on, so I'm guessing he's using his super computer link to trace the call instead of the rubbish laptop.

Is http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/ timing out for anyone else?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Nettle Soup posted:

Is http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/ timing out for anyone else?

isup.me says it's down at the moment.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
It is down for me as well.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
If you guys followed Tom on twitter, you'd know these things. :colbert:

Also, I was F5'ing around update time like a loon. I probably broke it. Sorry, everyone!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pfft. Jones did the portable door thing first. :colbert:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Donald has a nice FZZAK sound effect and a fancy doorframe accompanying his, though.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
His method seems a lot less crude. I'm not sure the table and laptop would agree, though.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I somehow didn't notice the table being split for the door as well at first. Awesome. I'm glad we're getting to see more of Donald and his techno-magic. I've realized that whenever a different character takes some of the focus, I tend to be excited that we are getting to see more of them. This occurs with every character really, which is a good sign for the writing and characterization in this comic. In the last couple panels, it seems like Donald is holding his hand out to help Annie down. Based on her expressions, Annie is still so shook up or disoriented she doesn't even seem to notice.

So, how long is Tom going to tease us about the contents of the message? I do hope we get some details relatively soon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well... I didn't see that coming.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I like how Donny raises his hand to help Annie down, and she just jumps down by herself.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
An intact version of the table and laptop must still be there, because the table hasn't fallen over.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 7, 2012

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

An intact version of the table and laptop must still be there, because the table hasn't fallen over.

Guys I'm pretty sure they don't just let him smash a permanent hole in the wall whenever he wants some alone time

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
So it's a portable door that leads only to the other side of that wall. What's behind the wall other than a staircase?

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

The Walker posted:

So it's a portable door that leads only to the other side of that wall. What's behind the wall other than a staircase?

I think it just leads to whatever's on the other side of whichever wall he puts it on.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

I think it just leads to whatever's on the other side of whichever wall he puts it on.

That would make more sense. I find the phrasing a little bit ambiguous.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Yeah, it's a portable door, not a portable one-way teleporter to a specific location (though I was a little confused at first too). Still pretty drat cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
... I really want that portable hole.

Portable holes rock.