Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Oh God.

SERIOUS ENDING SPOILERS:

I just watched the Control ending, and it is loving horrible. Shepard gets vaporised, and it's drawn out and graphic. His face melts. That was awful.

Seems like it's worth it considering the payoff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Ok, I'm like 2 hours in and this game is way too loving easy since I imported a level 30 I'm guessing (Hardcore currently). Restarting the game on Insanity for the achievement I guess.

Just wait until you get to certain missions. The Grissom Academy mission whooped my as I can't count how many times. 3 Engineers at a time and an atlas. And a seemingly never ending stream of Centurions and Guardians. It's almost like it was made to be anti-vanguard.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is it just me or does the single cover key work a lot better than the demo? I seem to be moving a lot more fluidly and I'm not getting stuck on every single bit if cover.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Oh God.

SERIOUS ENDING SPOILERS:

I just watched the Control ending, and it is loving horrible. Shepard gets vaporised, and it's drawn out and graphic. His face melts. That was awful.

Sounds neat! Is he all terminator-y under there?

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
I downloaded a save from https://www.masseffect2saves.com and stuck it in (User)\My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save but it isn't being recognised by Mass Effect 3 as an import choice. Nothing shows up on the in game menu :(

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I think the citadel: alien medi gel formula quest is bugged - i can't talk to anyone in the hospital. I already got the stuff, but the person that's supposed to be in the patient lounge isn't there/won't talk to me. Anyone else having this problem?

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?

SynthOrange posted:

Sounds neat! Is he all terminator-y under there?

More ending spoilers:

I saw a glowy Lazarus-type scar on his face (while it was being vaporised) but there's no Terminator face. He just...melts.

I don't think I'll be picking this ending any time soon.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have a problem on Origin that has their ME3 as "Ready to Install" but does nothing when you click it? I clicked ready to install, it changed to Installing, then after a few windows thinking moments it goes back to ready to install.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PIRATE GAMES. Add me to the official Origin haters club now. Anyone know how to fix this so I can actually install the game? The Origin live help is obviously outsourced to India an they don't have a grasp on English to understand what the gently caress my problem is. Sorry Sujeet Kumjar. loving EA.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Schurik posted:

I think the citadel: alien medi gel formula quest is bugged - i can't talk to anyone in the hospital. I already got the stuff, but the person that's supposed to be in the patient lounge isn't there/won't talk to me. Anyone else having this problem?

It's possible you may have advanced far enough into the game that the NPC disappears, but that is literally the only thing that would cause her to go away that isn't a bug.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

fivegears4reverse posted:

It's possible you may have advanced far enough into the game that the NPC disappears, but that is literally the only thing that would cause her to go away that isn't a bug.

I've done exactly one story mission, the DLC one, nothing else. Hmmm.

Also I got the stuff before getting the quest, maybe that's the problem?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Cannot Find Server posted:

Does he explain why the Prothean statues in 1 look nothing like he does and he looks so much more like a Collector than what Protheans were thought to look like?

No, not where I am in the game now at least. Although one could construct his comment about "You would have become Prothean" about the question what would have happened if humanity was uplifted 50,000 years ago that every race had the choice to join the Protheans or be wiped out, meaning that "Prothean" means more than just one race. But that's conjuncture. In reality most likely: Bioware didn't care, didn't like the old design.

Decius fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 6, 2012

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Schurik posted:

I've done exactly one story mission, the DLC one, nothing else. Hmmm.

Also I got the stuff before getting the quest, maybe that's the problem?

So wait, for the Alien Medigel, you did the N7 Mission to get the things, found the gel, then you did the DLC?

It could be that the DLC 'advances' time for that NPC to disappear, which would still be pretty much a bug. I didn't have DLC available in my first playthrough, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is one of the factors.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I just got to drive an Atlas :tviv:

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

immortal flow posted:

I downloaded a save from https://www.masseffect2saves.com and stuck it in (User)\My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save but it isn't being recognised by Mass Effect 3 as an import choice. Nothing shows up on the in game menu :(

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

inside the save folder, create a folder called "John_12_soldier_010910" (i'm pretty sure the name/numbers used dont matter, just the format) and put the save file in there

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Could someone tell me how the Arrival DLC works for ME2? I had already beaten ME2 with two characters before the DLC came out. Does the mission have to be started during the general story or can I play it having beaten the game? I would assume the second option is not possible, but I don't want to have to start a new character or dig out some old save that is not end-game.

edit: vvvvvvvv thanks, gipper! vvvvvvvvv

The Sean fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 6, 2012

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I really doubt it matters, but the format is Name_XY_DDMMYY

Name being the name, X is 1/2/3 for Spacer/Colonist/Earthborn, Y is 1/2/3 for Survivor/Hero/Ruthless, and the date is date of creation.

Also it doesn't sound like you can't find her, but the medi-gel lady is next to the elevator on the left. I've done some stuff since finding it and she was still there, so who knows.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I just finished Tuchunka on my paragon run....

:cry:

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

The Sean posted:

Could someone tell me how the Arrival DLC works for ME2? I had already beaten ME2 with two characters before the DLC came out. Does the mission have to be started during the general story or can I play it having beaten the game? I would assume the second option is not possible, but I don't want to have to start a new character or dig out some old save that is not end-game.

You can play it after the end of the game, yes.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

semper wifi posted:

inside the save folder, create a folder called "John_12_soldier_010910" (i'm pretty sure the name/numbers used dont matter, just the format) and put the save file in there

It works!!! Thanks! :)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

Does he explain why the Prothean statues in 1 look nothing like he does and he looks so much more like a Collector than what Protheans were thought to look like?

I think the Ilosians were another species. Of course, that doesn't explain why the silhouettes in the beacon visions looked like them...

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Robzilla posted:

I just finished Tuchunka on my paragon run....

:cry:

The Super Extra Renegade Space rear end in a top hat solution for this mission is probably the worst thing ever, and is worth ten or twelve Hitlers at the very least.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Heh, one of the planets details a history of nations on Earth:

United North American States of America.

:smug:

Oh it's coming.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Kavak posted:

I think the Ilosians were another species. Of course, that doesn't explain why the silhouettes in the beacon visions looked like them...

Yea they explained that Ilos was a city from a previous empire. As for the vision, I would just write it off as data getting screwed up and using humans as a way of conveying the warning to Shepard, similar to how in the flashbacks Shepard saw them speaking in English.

Oh and Grissom Academy is a madhouse. The atrium fight is easily the hardest fight in the entire series.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

So wait, for the Alien Medigel, you did the N7 Mission to get the things, found the gel, then you did the DLC?

It could be that the DLC 'advances' time for that NPC to disappear, which would still be pretty much a bug. I didn't have DLC available in my first playthrough, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is one of the factors.

Well gently caress *upturns table*

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

I also couldn't find the NPC, and I didn't do the DLC mission yet. So I went to do the DLC mission, thinking the opposite (more time needs to pass for the person to appear)...and the game crashes after I watch the scene where Shepard decrypts that one video about the Reapers attacking the Protheans and you get that code to unlock the stasis pod. I even walked away once, but nope, still crashed. Guess I'm not getting Mr. DLC yet.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

More ending spoilers:

I saw a glowy Lazarus-type scar on his face (while it was being vaporised) but there's no Terminator face. He just...melts.

I don't think I'll be picking this ending any time soon.

Both the Control and Synergy endings are so hard to watch. Bioware is going to force me to watch Shepard die. Thanks.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Anyone else having trouble with the authentication server? Can't even load my save game because it has DLC attached.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I punched out the reporter on the Citadel again. That's not going to come back and haunt me is it? :ohdear:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

SymfonyMan posted:

Anyone have a problem on Origin that has their ME3 as "Ready to Install" but does nothing when you click it? I clicked ready to install, it changed to Installing, then after a few windows thinking moments it goes back to ready to install.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PIRATE GAMES. Add me to the official Origin haters club now. Anyone know how to fix this so I can actually install the game? The Origin live help is obviously outsourced to India an they don't have a grasp on English to understand what the gently caress my problem is. Sorry Sujeet Kumjar. loving EA.

If the answer is yes, I hope you forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting Origin? I had the restart before it would pre-load on Friday.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

So for EMEA people I'm guessing there are no Origin discount codes since it's still a pre-order, right?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is there any hidden timers in the game, like the IFF mission in ME2? I like dicking around the galaxy and doing sidequests, but I want to know if I will be penalized for it down the line.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
Didn't see this posted (But I'm trying to avoid what few things that haven't been spoiled this late in the game), but PC Gamer gave it a 93%.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think it's at the far end of the refugee area by where Garrus hangs out.

I can't find anything that I can interact with near him, except the Shepard VI.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

So for EMEA people I'm guessing there are no Origin discount codes since it's still a pre-order, right?
If you can find someone with the IGN Prime discount for Gamersgate, it's only 43 pounds.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

ymgve posted:

Is there any hidden timers in the game, like the IFF mission in ME2? I like dicking around the galaxy and doing sidequests, but I want to know if I will be penalized for it down the line.

There are supposedly timers all over the place for the sidequests and it seems relatively random. So if you get a sidequest try and do it immediately.

The whole quest system is horribly explained and the Journal doesn't update near as much as it should. This is straight up horrible game design and somebody should have either spoken up or known better.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ENDING STUFF:

Buddy Holly posted:

Both the Control and Synergy endings are so hard to watch. Bioware is going to force me to watch Shepard die. Thanks.

Does Shepard actually die in the control ending though? I thought it was a "shed your mortal form to become master of all the reapers" type deal.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Schurik posted:

Well gently caress *upturns table*

No, I'm pretty sure I did it in that order too. I don't think anything but Priority missions change what sidequests are available.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ymgve posted:

There are hidden timers for some side missions, but no timers for endgame status beyond simple progression.

The timers themselves are not complex. For example Tuchanka: Bomb has something like three 'missions' that can be done before you lose the chance to do that. Same thing with Grissom Academy, I believe.

For 'side missions' on the Citadel that disappear, those aren't 'timer' based typically so much as they are 'event based'. Basically, there are three 'states' the Citadel exists in, and you'll know when the first major change hits. The first is basically what you get at the start of the game, up until after Priority: Palaven. Then there's a pretty big event on the Citadel that puts you in the next state. Finally, there's another 'state' that brings the third wave of sidequests, IIRC it's when you are requested to go to Thessia, I think. NPCs vanish between states, which means you'll miss out on those quests if you advance on the main story missions.

Generally, I did everything that wasn't story progression related first before moving on. Those missions are generally labeled 'Priority'.

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 6, 2012

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Ok, I'm like 2 hours in and this game is way too loving easy since I imported a level 30 I'm guessing (Hardcore currently). Restarting the game on Insanity for the achievement I guess.

Yea I noticed the same thing. I started my first play through on insanity and it feels like hardcore in ME2 at best. Though I've only done couple missions so far so that might still change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008
Ok, i must say Tali is such a nice prety Quarian Lady. Im so glad i cheated on Liara in ME2 for her

• Locked thread