Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

seal it with a kiss posted:

Didn't see this posted (But I'm trying to avoid what few things that haven't been spoiled this late in the game), but PC Gamer gave it a 93%.

That's nice and all but no one is going to be satisfied until someone (probably Jim Sterling or Yahtzee) give this game what it truly deserves :smug:.

In my ME2 adept insanity file Horizon isn't going as horrible as I planned. About to activate the gun tower though. I realized this morning I have to beat this file because when I imported it deleted my other end game save, unless I use a save editor or something.

Do you get anything special for importing a character from Insanity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

There are hidden timers for some side missions, but no timers for endgame status beyond simple progression.

The timers themselves are not complex. For example Tuchanka: Bomb has something like three 'missions' that can be done before you lose the chance to do that. Same thing with Grissom Academy, I believe.

I love the fact that the game never explains this to you. It blows my mind that nobody caught this.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Jazzy Jones posted:

Ok, i must say Tali is such a nice prety Quarian Lady. Im so glad i cheated on Liara in ME2 for her

YOU CAN'T FOOL US!!

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008

WMain00 posted:

YOU CAN'T FOOL US!!

See it by yourself ! You get her unmasked picture in your cabin after fight with the reaper on geth/quarian homeworld. In general i love her character design and Tali loving owns, same as EDI.

Jazzy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 6, 2012

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Jarmel posted:

I love the fact that the game never explains this to you. It blows my mind that nobody caught this.

Are the timers all based on number of missions? Not actual gameplay time?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jarmel posted:

I figure they would have explained it too, but then again, they never explained how to save Wrex, or never explained how to save everyone in the Suicide Mission with any 'clarity' based on all the stories of people sending Thane into the vents, or the timers in ME2 as a whole.

EDIT: ^^^ The timers are all mission count or story progression.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

Sorry to interrupt tertiary NPC/punching bag chat but how do I make my ME2 save file work with this game? Just the save file, I didn't keep the game installed.

immortal flow posted:

I downloaded a save from https://www.masseffect2saves.com and stuck it in (User)\My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save but it isn't being recognised by Mass Effect 3 as an import choice. Nothing shows up on the in game menu :(

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

They posted it on the Mass Effect 2 Saves site, but you have to copy an old save game folder from your (original) ME2 save game folder and then put the save game file you want to use in that folder (delete the other saves). It's in your My Documents folder. Use the ME2 folder, not the ME3 folder.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Vagon posted:

So, am I the only one having launch problems? I click play from origin, load for a second and then.. nothing happens! I'm sorry if I missed this being discussed, but does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I've checked google and found nothing, unfortunately.

Hey! Thought i'd repost this one more time before resigning to calling their awful customer support. Save me from that awful fate!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jazzy Jones posted:

See it by yourself ! You get her unmasked picture in your cabin after fight with reaper on geth/quarian homeworld. In general i love her character design and Tali loving owns, same as EDI.

Can you keep her around if you romanced her but supported Legion?

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can you keep her around if you romanced her but supported Legion?

Yes, you can. I picked paragon option to talk thru quarian command chain to stand down but legion gonna play geth jesus so quarians and geth can be allies and help shepard in the war

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Jarmel posted:

"Hey turns out it's a bad idea to let cerberus siege some school for days on end."

What I find baffling is the complete lack of explanation of the Readiness % stuff. Am I supposed to know what the gently caress this is?

Vagon posted:

Hey! Thought i'd repost this one more time before resigning to calling their awful customer support. Save me from that awful fate!

I'm pretty sure everything I've installed from Origin does a Windows UAC thing to allow Origin to gently caress with your computer. Maybe you need admistrator access or something?

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Vagon posted:

I assume using the desktop shortcut doesn't work for you?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hamburger Test posted:

If the answer is yes, I hope you forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting Origin? I had the restart before it would pre-load on Friday.

Yep, thanks but that's not the problem I explained. :) Though what's funny is that I had that one too! When I bought the game initially it didn't let me preload. That was solved by restarting just like you said. This is something different.

Now that it has preloaded I'm trying to install it. I click it install, it says it's installing, the correct folders are added to the directories but the ME exe does nothing and origin says ready to install still (and yes even after restarting origin and my computron). Guys, I think I'm looking at an entire redownload. :(

I called customer service and they have no idea what went wrong. I think something hosed up trying to decode the preload and since Origin sucks dick it doesn't even know that it didn't install properly it just knows it's ready to install again! Good times.

BTW At the end of the CS phone call the rep said "thanks for choosing EA" and I got a "I didn't! I forced to use this!" before she hung up out. :colbert:

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 6, 2012

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

kater posted:

"Hey turns out it's a bad idea to let cerberus siege some school for days on end."

What I find baffling is the complete lack of explanation of the Readiness % stuff. Am I supposed to know what the gently caress this is?

Just like how they give you sidequests you CAN'T EVEN FINISH yet. I got a sidequest for something in the Krogan DMZ and I hadn't unlocked it yet. So is that on a timer or not? How long is the timer?

It's poorly thought out design. I don't even see how that's arguable. Game designers are allowed to have their timers for missions but they either need to show a timer or explain how long you have.

Another issue with the sidequests is that they don't even tell you if you're supposed to get this stuff on sidemissions or planet scanning. 'Hey we just left it in some random level/planet. Have fun searching with these timed quests you don't even know how much time you have left or even where to look'.

fivegears4reverse posted:

I figure they would have explained it too, but then again, they never explained how to save Wrex, or never explained how to save everyone in the Suicide Mission with any 'clarity' based on all the stories of people sending Thane into the vents, or the timers in ME2 as a whole.

EDIT: ^^^ The timers are all mission count or story progression.

I've heard reports that people were watching cutscenes and not even doing main story missions and quests expired.

Jarmel fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 6, 2012

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

Cowcaster posted:

Does Shepard actually die in the control ending though? I thought it was a "shed your mortal form to become master of all the reapers" type deal.

Ending spoilers
It's hard to tell because everything is so vague. I was leaning towards the Control ending for that very reason (God) but now that I see the Citadel's arms closing I wonder if the Shepard A.I. is actually going to be active or simply remain dormant until it's time to restart the cycle. I wish they would explain these things better.

I really don't understand why they thought these ending are in any way satisfying. Look, here's this character you've been growing attached to for 3 games, watch us horrifically injure him and then give him a horrifically painful death! Thanks for playing!

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
God. loving. Dammit. EA.

Both Origin and ME3 are rolling over and dying on attempts to install. I pre-downloaded ME3 from Amazon last night, and now any attempt to open Origin from my computer results in absolutely nothing happening. If I choose "autorun" from the ME3 folder, it gives me a splash screen with a big button that says "Install". If I press that, Origin launches into some kind of updating procedure which gives ridiculous downloading speeds (12MBS? Bullsheeit) and never finishes. The timer will count down to zero and then reset itself.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Buddy Holly posted:

Ending spoilers
It's hard to tell because everything is so vague. I was leaning towards the Control ending for that very reason (God) but now that I see the Citadel's arms closing I wonder if the Shepard A.I. is actually going to be active or simply remain dormant until it's time to restart the cycle. I wish they would explain these things better.

I really don't understand why they thought these ending are in any way satisfying. Look, here's this character you've been growing attached to for 3 games, watch us horrifically injure him and then give him a horrifically painful death! Thanks for playing!

So it's a RPG version of MGS4?

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Is anyone else having game crashing issues during the DLC mission?

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

KariOhki posted:

Is anyone else having game crashing issues during the DLC mission?

Yea I've heard a lot of people reporting issues with crashes during the DLC.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

RONALD REAGAN posted:

I assume using the desktop shortcut doesn't work for you?

I'm afraid not. Origin just pops up with "Mass Effect 3 is Launching." When it closes nothing happens afterwards.

edit: I've also tried running as administrator to no avail. Frustration!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I have to stop reading the thread, but can't. Also, I need to do Lair of the Shadow Broker apparently in ME2 sometime today. I didn't know that parts of it transferred over and whatnot.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012
Also the Reputation system is kinda screwed up too.

So the savefile I'm using had the character being Renegade in ME2. In ME3 I'm playing Paragon. Now initially my character didn't have scars but she now does. This is because of the way the Reputation system works in that the ratio of Paragon to Renegade increases but so does your overall Reputation score thus meaning facial scars are affected.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Man I feel sorry for you PC users. All we xbox folks have to deal with is constant disc switching if we want to do sidequests in a timely manner.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vagon posted:

I'm afraid not. Origin just pops up with "Mass Effect 3 is Launching." When it closes nothing happens afterwards.

edit: I've also tried running as administrator to no avail. Frustration!

Well, at least I feel better knowing that it's not just me. This is def an Origin loving up thing. Not that it's less frustrating by any means.

E: I said gently caress it, I uninstalled the demo in case that caused any issues and I'm 10% into a new download!

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I had to delete any trace of Origin from my computer and then reinstall it to get anywhere in the installation and I'm still getting errors at every turn.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So without spoiling too much, holy poo poo bring EDI to Sur'Kesh and talk to Wrex.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Nucular Carmul posted:

So without spoiling too much, holy poo poo bring EDI to Sur'Kesh and talk to Wrex.

Bring Javik and talk to Major Kirrahe. That was good too.

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
So.. gently caress me in the rear end. I've done it again. I've got ahead and looked through the first couple pages of the art book, and dun gone spoiled a portion of the plot. I always do this, and for some reason I never manage to stop myself.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Pathard posted:

So.. gently caress me in the rear end. I've done it again. I've got ahead and looked through the first couple pages of the art book, and dun gone spoiled a portion of the plot. I always do this, and for some reason I never manage to stop myself.

I avoid getting collector editions with art books because of this.

I just wanted to look at pretty pictures, I didn't think it all the way through. :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Does anyone know where the hell Chobot goes when you invite her onto the Normandy? I've yet to actually find her on the ship.

Not that I care too much, what with her being awful.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Ok, the medigel citadel quest problem I had just resolved itself, the doctor showed up after I had done another priority mission.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

WMain00 posted:

Does anyone know where the hell Chobot goes when you invite her onto the Normandy? I've yet to actually find her on the ship.

Not that I care too much, what with her being awful.

Zaeed's old room. Amusingly enough they have equal levels of dialogue so far.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The PCGamer review does a good job of highlighting this, but Bioware really deserves every high review they get for making this game as reactive as it is to the decisions you bring forward in your save files. I played through the first couple of hours on two different saves, and there were countless little touches that differed between - lines of dialogue, characters that popped up, storyline shifts.

It really sets the standard, to my mind, for how RPG sequels should be done.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Was anyone else confused as to why Shepard "didn't recognize Miranda" on Mars since the woman on all the monitors looked exactly like Miranda, only to find out that maybe Shepard isn't as dumb as you thought he was because, oh look, it's not Miranda.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Jarmel posted:

Zaeed's old room. Amusingly enough they have equal levels of dialogue so far.

'Cept Zaeed was way more likeable.

I miss Zaeed. :(

EDIT: Also kudos to Freddie Prince Jr. Vegas is actually a really likeable character.

Subraji
Mar 28, 2006

He's got an 'ead like a fuckin' orange. Baldy, Mancy 'eaded twat.
I keep getting assigned quests I can't activate or locate. Also, the Galaxy map never lists any of the loving missions/quests under each sector (like it did in ME2). A lot of this game seems so goddamn lazily made.

Speaking of which, anyone know where the 'Refugee camp' is in Citadel? It's one of the Aria missions.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Owns so hard, dammit why do I have to go to work :(

This is locooooo.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

WMain00 posted:

'Cept Zaeed was way more likeable.

I miss Zaeed. :(

EDIT: Also kudos to Freddie Prince Jr. Vegas is actually a really likeable character.

Everyone will bitch about EDI. People were pissed about the wrong character.

Subraji posted:

I keep getting assigned quests I can't activate or locate. Also, the Galaxy map never lists any of the loving missions/quests under each sector. A lot of this game seems so goddamn lazily made.

Speaking of which, anyone know where the 'Refugee camp' is in Citadel? It's one of the Aria missions.

Welcome to my world.I had to literally google planets because I had no clue which system they were in. Where the gently caress is Benning? Lol Bioware you won't tell me? Really?

It's in one of the Docking Bays, not the one where you interact with the Normandy.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Subraji posted:

How did you get to Aria in the first place? I got email from her but Omega doesn't even show up on the galaxy map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't want to read too much otherwise I'll spoil myself, but where was that program that lets me create a 'tailor' save file for the end of ME2? I didn't transfer my files over and really would rather not slog through the first and second games again. :saddowns:

• Locked thread