Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Has anyone played the DLC character yet? What skills does he come with? I'm spergin about builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subraji
Mar 28, 2006

He's got an 'ead like a fuckin' orange. Baldy, Mancy 'eaded twat.

Zilkin posted:

How did you get to Aria in the first place? I got email from her but Omega doesn't even show up on the galaxy map.

Go to the bar on Citadel, whatever it's called. Aria's hanging out on the right side in a small seating area before the bar proper. She'll be arguing with another NPC when you arrive.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

seal it with a kiss posted:

Didn't see this posted (But I'm trying to avoid what few things that haven't been spoiled this late in the game), but PC Gamer gave it a 93%.

I found it amusing how the reviewer goes on and on about the game being marred with issues and only carrying itself due to the weight of the previous titles, and that jab at the end.

Giving it 1 point less than DA2 were a nice touch, too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So they castrated the Joker conversations, huh? Didn't even bother making cutscenes for them. Same goes for a bunch of Liara conversations. There's probably more.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I don't want to read too much otherwise I'll spoil myself, but where was that program that lets me create a 'tailor' save file for the end of ME2? I didn't transfer my files over and really would rather not slog through the first and second games again. :saddowns:

Get the latest version of gibbed save editor from here.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Combat Pretzel posted:

So they castrated the Joker conversations, huh? Didn't even bother making cutscenes for them. Same goes for a bunch of Liara conversations. There's probably more.

Nooo :(

Joker's conversations were some of the best in the previous games. I loved it when he and EDI would start bickering.

Elyrion
Dec 31, 2000
Is there an option that I'm missing to make the PC version clothing/armor textures look better, or is that just how they are?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
EDI loving owns if you're an engineer. She can be specced for extra squad tech damage :dance: Oh and setting off tech bursts and massive explosions everywhere.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Jesus H Christ, I usually don't care what the hell the user score is on metacritic, but really? 2.2?

It's not DA2, people.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Citadel mission stuff

I am trying to get the black Market guy to sell his stuff to CSEC, anyone know where I find the artifacts?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Nucular Carmul posted:

SPOILER loving owns if you're an engineer. She can be specced for extra squad tech damage :dance: Oh and setting off tech bursts and massive explosions everywhere.

Welp, avoiding this thread from now on. My fault for reading I guess.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
If you're having problems with the Amazon download, the story is basically that the Amazon download is hosed and you need to download it from Origin. Take the product key from your Amazon download and input it into Origin, then download it from Origin.

Fake edit: Origin will actively tell you your download speed is increasing even if it has literally stopped, so you have to watch it closely.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zilkin posted:

Get the latest version of gibbed save editor from here.

I love you, FYI.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Is level 30 the normal level when you got done playing ME2? I don't want to make ME3 too easy by importing an over leveled character.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Little tip to those who haven't noticed yet: system that have sidequests in them will have a subtle ray of light shining out of them.

Also I'm still pissed that my Shep's level reset from 35 to 1 for no reason, plus losing all my money. My squadmates' level reset too though they kept all of their skills, unlike me.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Smelly posted:

Nooo :(

Joker's conversations were some of the best in the previous games. I loved it when he and EDI would start bickering.

I thought they just replaced the generic "fractured my thumb" conversations with zaeed style ones if they didn't have anything proper and new to say across the board?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Okay, I guess I'll get the ME2 DLC first. Do I need to finish the game a second time after completing Arrival/Lair in order to load the save in ME3?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Nephilm posted:

I found it amusing how the reviewer goes on and on about the game being marred with issues and only carrying itself due to the weight of the previous titles, and that jab at the end.

Giving it 1 point less than DA2 were a nice touch, too.

Ughh. I regret pressing that link and giving them the visitor number. What an awful review.

PCG are so goddamn poo poo.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So I can't authorize the DLC I bought, because the EA servers have been offline to me since launch last night. Has anyone been able to connect at all, or is it dead for everyone?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ShineDog posted:

I thought they just replaced the generic "fractured my thumb" conversations with zaeed style ones if they didn't have anything proper and new to say across the board?

Yea, seems like everyone has the Zaeed one-liner about most recent mission and then their own personal poo poo. It's better, no need to break out dialogue trees for no reason.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Argue posted:

Okay, I guess I'll get the ME2 DLC first. Do I need to finish the game a second time after completing Arrival/Lair in order to load the save in ME3?

They don't matter.

assfro
Oct 15, 2005

Just did the intro for the third time.

Demo

Then began playing through as new game character because I had lost all my old saves. Discovered, to my horror, that Wrex was dead. Unacceptable, had to DL a new ME2 save that would rectify this. Wrex show now be alive and kicking. Hell yeah.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

assfro posted:

Just did the intro for the third time.

Demo

Then began playing through as new game character because I had lost all my old saves. Discovered, to my horror, that Wrex was dead. Unacceptable, had to DL a new ME2 save that would rectify this. Wrex show now be alive and kicking. Hell yeah.

Wrex is absolutely worth keeping alive for ME3.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

cbservo posted:

Jesus H Christ, I usually don't care what the hell the user score is on metacritic, but really? 2.2?

It's not DA2, people.

Ugh, those reviews are all awful. It really, really sucks that the DA2 and TOR backlash is hitting this game.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Nephilm posted:

They don't matter.

Oh but they do. You get some great dialogue and minor war assets for it.

Anyway I hope I get the option to kill the Salarians off. For a bunch of geniuses they act like a group of stupid children.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
For all the U.S. people who didn't pre-order the collector's edition, and then realized too late that it was sold out online:

Most Target stores got in at least 2-3 copies (360 version) in store. Swung by the closest one to me at 8 this morning, and got a copy as they were stocking it. YMMV, but there are at least some physical copies going out, and if my store was any indication, I was the only guy waiting there when the store opened, so they may not be all sold out yet, if anyone wants to venture out on their lunch break.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Just started this and been ages since i played, i did import my level 30 save though. Any hints on how to build your party members and vanguard shep? Especially like, his unique tree which one do i pick for that?

edit: it doesn't look like punching dudes superhard will ever get old

canada jezus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 6, 2012

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

cbservo posted:

It's not DA2, people.

There's a lot of ME3players.txt material in those user reviews:

truegamrgrl041
Mar 6, 2012
I just finished the game and there are no straight heterosexual routes. Every female in the game is a tranny. I don't want to be gay, and yet the fine writers of bioware, specifically that fat lard "hamburger helper" keep trying to force their yaoi fangirlism on me. I JUST WANT STRAIGHT HETEROSEXUAL SEX IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION WHILE HOLDING HANDS. Is that really so much to ask?

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

1stGear posted:

Ugh, those reviews are all awful. It really, really sucks that the DA2 and TOR backlash is hitting this game.

Correlation does not imply causation

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

1stGear posted:

I hated on DA2 and refused to buy it until just a few weeks ago. I was furious with how they butchered the entire 'successor to Baldurs Gate' feel of the game, dumbed down the inventory system, etc.

But once I actually played through it, it was a reasonably entertaining game. I'd probably give it somewhere in the 80s or maybe high 70s. *personal preference, plus the sheer repetitiveness of the game. The combat while overly fast paced, played out pretty well, and a good mix of 1 and 2 would be perfect (the combat in 1 was really lovely for a lot of classes)

My point is, even DA2 wasn't really that bad, despite making GBS threads all over everything good about DA1. And I agree with you.

quote:

Correlation does not imply causation

Anyone who trusts easily-trolled user review scores is also an idiot. :stare:

Chexmix
Dec 10, 2006

Looks like you'll have to go handle this yourself.
Is the DLC not up on PSN yet or am I just retarded? I can't find it :ohdear:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

EDI spoilers: I CANNOT believe I'm playing Hitch for Jooker and EDI. Holy LOL

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Hey, uh, I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone asking about the same thing so...

How do you scroll your email on PC? I'm guessing that the blinking arrow at the bottom means you have more messages, but I cannot figure out how to scroll and I can't delete any of my read messages either.

(Sorry if this is a dumb question, I stayed up really late to play this game.)

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
Thanks for the continued good work, Choc. I did find one error in the OP, however:

Count Choculitis posted:

Party members in Mass Effect 3:
  • Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams: Whichever one survived Virmire has been promoted to Spectre. Kaidan is a Major and commands a covert-ops biotic company, while Ashley is a Lieutenant Commander.

Important non-party member NPCs
  • Kaidan/Ashley - Whichever one of these two didn't get Virmired in ME1 has been promoted to Spectre and now works for the Council like Shepard. (Note: Spoiler added for this quote)
I don't know if Kaidan/Ashley is supposed to be playable or not, but the second entry is without spoilers in the OP, so at the very least there's an inconsistency.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Nucular Carmul posted:

EDI loving owns if you're an engineer. She can be specced for extra squad tech damage :dance: Oh and setting off tech bursts and massive explosions everywhere.
I imagine that would also work well as an infiltrator. I'm already hoping to pick up someone with overload soon so I can get my tech burst on.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Important question: are there any functional hotkeys on the Galaxy Map other than 'escape'? I can't figure out how to rapidly enter orbit, enter scan mode, etc. with keypresses. This is pretty important when being chased by Reapers.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Has anyone found some kind of "you should really know this" piece of gameplay information? Like how in ME2 you had to do everything before the Collector ship since afterwards you only had time for one mission before the crew would die?

I'm going to mostly stick to roleplaying since by now my Ann-Katrin Shepard has a very well developed personality, and I'm willing to not do everything 100% perfectly, but I can't help but worry about potentially causing some MAJOR screwup :ohdear:

DashR
Sep 7, 2005

gently caress Europe and it's late releases !
In times of digital distribution there is no loving excuse for later releases !

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

1stGear posted:

I don't even understand the TOR backlash. It's a solid MMO with a solid bioware story over the top thats not their best work but certainly has it's moments and never descends into the ARGH gently caress YOU of DA2.

The endgame pvp stuff kind of falls apart a bit I guess? But getting to that point is as good as in any MMO, and getting that far will take as much time as finishing ME3 3 times over. I dunno, I guess people put more stock in the endgame stuff than I do, but I'll just be levelling a character on the other faction, not grinding out endgame content.

I dunno, It's not the greatest game in all the world, but it's decent enough. It's certainly not worthy of the ultrahate it seems to get. (Or even the perception of ultrahate from non players?)

DashR posted:

gently caress Europe and it's late releases !
In times of digital distribution there is no loving excuse for later releases !

Blame the shops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
woops double post sorry.

• Locked thread