Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

NihilCredo posted:

Has anyone found some kind of "you should really know this" piece of gameplay information? Like how in ME2 you had to do everything before the Collector ship since afterwards you only had time for one mission before the crew would die?

I'm going to mostly stick to roleplaying since by now my Ann-Katrin Shepard has a very well developed personality, and I'm willing to not do everything 100% perfectly, but I can't help but worry about potentially causing some MAJOR screwup :ohdear:

So far, just do all the available side missions (or whichever ones you feel like doing) before each priority mission and it looks like you're clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tricky posted:

So far, just do all the available side missions (or whichever ones you feel like doing) before each priority mission and it looks like you're clear.
Thank you. Just to know how far you've got, have you saved the galaxy yet or are you close?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Okay, I'm out. Gonna wait til Friday to get my game. All the new post notifications and spoilers are signs that I have terrible self-control.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
UPS just dropped off my Amazon pre-order at the office, I'm now staring at the CE and the MASSIVE CE guide.

Gonna install all the DLC and poo poo on lunch then play after work! WOO WOO

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How do I holster my weapon on PC?

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

kri kri posted:

How do I holster my weapon on PC?
You cant.

ScarletOHara
May 21, 2007

Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open.
So officially I can choose entirely what happened in ME2 right? I played it on PC but I feel like playing ME3 on 360, but I would like to remake my old saved game almost 100%.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Just spent 24k credits on a fancy rear end aquarium Worth every penny :colbert:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Is there any gamepad support in the PC version? Not having that would be ridiculous.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Depths posted:

Is there any gamepad support in the PC version? Not having that would be ridiculous.

Er...er....erm....

Hey, look! What's that over there?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Depths posted:

THE GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE IS TIRED OF YOUR SNIDE INSINUATIONS! :shepface:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I can't stop playing this game, I even moved to Hong Kong yesterday to play it early.

I managed to avoid spoilers so I can say it is pretty good so far.... combat seems harder than what was in ME2 which is awesome.

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 6, 2012

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Man, Vanguard is more fun than ever in this game. The checklist is now:

1) Charge

2)Are there enemies still alive at
a Short range -> Nova -> Go to 1
b Mid range -> Shoot them with your sniper-pistol -> Go to 1
c Long range -> Duck into cover, shoot with your sniper-pistol -> Go to 1
d No enemies -> Go find some more, then 1

And it just feels so drat powerful. Granted, I'm not playing on high difficulty settings but there's nothing like getting into a fight with an Atlas+support, charging then novaing the Atlas, charging at a group of enemies and novaing, then charging back into the Atlas and novaing the hell out of it all over again. The only times I've been killed have been when I've been caught on a piece of cover I wanted to sprint past/over and a turret has opened up on me. Even turrets are no threat to a charge/nova combo.

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.
Delivery estimate: Mar. 13, 2012 - Mar. 17, 2012
1 "Mass Effect 3"
Video Game; $59.99
Available for Pre-order
Sold by: Amazon.com

:argh: :(

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
In an act I can only dub a miracle, my game was delivered earlier than anything else I've ever had delivered. It got at my house at 10AM, usually they deliver around 6PM.

The problem is, I'm stuck at work and won't be able to play until about 6 anyway. It's there, and it's taunting me. :smithicide:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Aria is so hot, glad she has a returning role in ME3.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Just a quick note, I am able to buy armor at Citadel shops that I didn't actually have in ME2, so it seems that if you didn't get much DLC, have no fear! They've greatly improved the variety of what the armors do as well. The Inferno armor increases power damage and cooldown, and the Blood Dragon give power damage and shields, which is what I'm going with. Don't give a gently caress about the rest since I'm an engineer, but I saw melee damage and health and poo poo if you wierdos care about that :shepface:

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
How many tracks does the OST have? There's stuff missing on the one uploaded to youtube, there's not even any Citadel music.

Also does anything happen at all if I romanced Thane in ME2? Anything major happen if I save or destroy the collector base? Halfway done with my ME2 playthru I'll be importing and unless something really cool/creepy happens from keeping the base I'm just gonna destroy it. Always regretted saving it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I thought I saw someone say you can take off the helmets now, is this correct?

I didn't use any of the DLC armors in ME2 because of that reason.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Trauma Tank posted:

Man, Vanguard is more fun than ever in this game. The checklist is now:

1) Charge

2)Are there enemies still alive at
a Short range -> Nova -> Go to 1
b Mid range -> Shoot them with your sniper-pistol -> Go to 1
c Long range -> Duck into cover, shoot with your sniper-pistol -> Go to 1
d No enemies -> Go find some more, then 1

And it just feels so drat powerful. Granted, I'm not playing on high difficulty settings but there's nothing like getting into a fight with an Atlas+support, charging then novaing the Atlas, charging at a group of enemies and novaing, then charging back into the Atlas and novaing the hell out of it all over again. The only times I've been killed have been when I've been caught on a piece of cover I wanted to sprint past/over and a turret has opened up on me. Even turrets are no threat to a charge/nova combo.

Only girly men use their pistol, you should just be charging in, then smashing your enemy's faces in with a fist covered in volatile dark energy. As their lifeless bodies careen into a wall, Garus fires a volley of victory shots into the air and your space waifu sighs in appreciation.

Such is the essence of Shepard.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Smelly posted:

I thought I saw someone say you can take off the helmets now, is this correct?

I didn't use any of the DLC armors in ME2 because of that reason.

Yep, you can take them off and those of your companions too.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Tricky posted:

I'm relatively sure this is not the case. I just did a regular side mission and I got an email that said that the bomb had gone off on Tuchanka. The weird part is I think my game glitched as I was able to do the mission right after.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I am loving the gently caress out of this game. I am known to be pleased easily, but poo poo, this is basically all I had hoped for, with a few tiny things that aren't 100% perfect. I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who enjoyed 1 and 2 and to action RPG fans in general.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.

Dolphin Fetus posted:

How many tracks does the OST have? There's stuff missing on the one uploaded to youtube, there's not even any Citadel music.

Also does anything happen at all if I romanced Thane in ME2? Anything major happen if I save or destroy the collector base? Halfway done with my ME2 playthru I'll be importing and unless something really cool/creepy happens from keeping the base I'm just gonna destroy it. Always regretted saving it.

Collector base: keeping it makes it easier to get one of the endings, and visa versa. You should still be able to get whichever ending you want though by.. uh playing well and war assets and meters and stuff. I don't believe it matters all that much in the end.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

Thank you. Just to know how far you've got, have you saved the galaxy yet or are you close?

I'm about 12 hours in, most of which was doing side stuff, and I still haven't done much with a couple of big name races. Still have enough GAW for the best results if I play multiplayer, though. :v:

Jarmel posted:

I'm relatively sure this is not the case. I just did a regular side mission and I got an email that said that the bomb had gone off on Tuchanka. The weird part is I think my game glitched as I was able to do the mission right after.

That planet does seem a bit weird. Was that before or after you went to the shroud?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 6, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just got the Prothean (do we need to spoil this still?) and man people weren't kidding about him being a huge dick. Glad the Wrex/Zaeeed role of the party rear end in a top hat is filled. Also glad that his mission did bring back all the other stuff related to his race in the first game, including Vigil.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

Only girly men use their pistol, you should just be charging in, then smashing your enemy's faces in with a fist covered in volatile dark energy. As their lifeless bodies careen into a wall, Garus fires a volley of victory shots into the air and your space waifu sighs in appreciation.

Or just bring a shotgun. Why wouldn't you bring a shotgun. Shotgunshotgunshotgun. Pistols are irrelevant. Shotgun is the vanguard of your doom.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Rirse posted:

(do we need to spoil this still?) and man people weren't kidding about him being a huge dick. Glad the Wrex/Zaeeed role of the party rear end in a top hat is filled. Also glad that his mission did bring back all the other stuff related to

Yes you still need to use spoiler tags.

As for that thing, I guess there is a use for it at some point. A bit slow in combat compared to my other allies though.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kater posted:

Or just bring a shotgun. Why wouldn't you bring a shotgun. Shotgunshotgunshotgun. Pistols are irrelevant. Shotgun is the vanguard of your doom.

Because 200% cooldowns is amazing.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Jarmel posted:

The only other thing I can think of is that I did both the Turian rescue and the bomb diffusal mission back to back. How long did you wait for the second part?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

VanillaGorilla posted:

If they're within punching distance they're within nova distance. :colbert: The pistol is only used to kill time until charge is usable again after all.

kater posted:

The point of using a pistol is the ridiculously rapid recharge of, uh, charge. Also, you can engage with it outside of nova distance while charge recharges.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I love going to the store, buying a game, coming home and not being able to play it. This loving Origin service is beyond stupid. I've never heard of it before, yet it says my email address is already in the system? And when I request them to send my password to me none arrives.

So I cant install a game I bought and have physical copies of?

Is this thing loving serious?

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?
Romance spoilers:

I found the Kaidan/Manshep 'before the final battle' scene, if anyone's interested. Spoilers, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoWkEuQzTw

:3: Much better done than I'd been expecting (by Bioware standards.) I wonder if Fox News is going to pick up on this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hizawk posted:

I love going to the store, buying a game, coming home and not being able to play it. This loving Origin service is beyond stupid. I've never heard of it before, yet it says my email address is already in the system? And when I request them to send my password to me none arrives.

Welcome to the exciting world of modern PC gaming. Where everyone is a pirate until proven... well, you're just a pirate. Always.

vvvv - The worst part about this character creator (which can be said about several other character creators) is that you really can't tell what your character is actually going to look like. The creator is much darker than most normal settings and the angles really don't allow you to see some features properly. I had to restart and remake my face because my features didn't turn out right (because I couldn't see jaw/cheek depth properly even when turning it to the side).

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 6, 2012

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn, they butchered the character importing. My character doesn't even look remotely like he did in ME 2 and it's going to take me like an hour to get to something that doesn't look weird :ughh:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You can get 200% bonus recharge rate with a shotgun with one of the weight bonus powers. I think the alternative is just some squad powerup. Why would you want that when you could have a shotgun.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Hizawk posted:

Did you ever use EA downloader? Do you have any other EA accounts? Everything is basically linked under one thing now.

Important question. Does this game feature Shephards Mom?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hizawk posted:

Your Origin account is also your EA account and also you Bioware account.

Check your spam.

Yeah it's pretty lovely, but I've kinda gotten used to it since it's having similar problems steam used to have, and I love the gently caress out of steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just beat Mass Effect 3, the journey to get to the end is amazingly fun and well done. The ending though ends up being an absolute troll and gently caress you to the players. Won't say much more than that. Just want to stress though that this in no way hurts ME3, this is still one of the best games i've played this generation. Bioware really went all out on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Lawlicaust posted:

Because 200% cooldowns is amazing.
Yeah, this. It definitely holds true for multiplayer. Being able to charge .3 seconds faster or whatever might not seem like much, but I could feel the difference in silver matches.

• Locked thread